• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

you're not into indie games? There's always cool stuff in the indie scene

I'm even more picky with indie games. It takes a lot for me to really consider one. I usually play them after the fact when a large majority has told me theyre good.

Though they have been doing work. Hotline Miami, Undertale, and Red Haze come to mind.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Cthulhu Saves the World -- MB-2A46E870547848B2 - Taken by Anteater
Forgotten, Not Lost: A Kinetic Novel -- MB-AD9A32784F5A0E0C - Taken by Eila
Highway to the Moon -- MB-2A52D72188FCD99B - Taken by madjoki
Hydraulic Empire -- MB-66CE81CC8D5D53FF - Taken by Vuze
Mad Combat Marines -- MB-F9C41956349317C0 - Taken by bloke
NeXus: One Core -- MB-C3CA50F14666E612 - Taken by MaxiLive
Spaceman Sparkles 2 -- MB-8C356002EC5A0330 - Taken by Smeagol
Tempest -- MB-45984257E1CFF373 - Taken by Purkake4
The Temporal Invasion -- MB-E281BE1902C7C3ED - Taken by Loptous
Verde Station -- MB-E6B9E3600BFE92EE - Taken by Mikurden
Zotrix -- MB-39CE7E32043D7CCC - Taken by Saty

Adnor

Banned
Played some Rainbow Six Siege today and man the destruction in that game is great, more games should have shotguns that completely destroy walls.

Teggy

I have such a love/hate relationship with Hollow Knight. The exploration is ridiculously good. Traversing a tricky area and finding a reward or even a new power is satisfying as hell. But the bosses are tough as nails. And retrying a boss can a big pain when you have to traverse a large area to get back to it. And you can get access to multiple bosses at once, so you don't know which one might be the toughest or even if you should be better equipped before you take one on.

So what I have been doing is playing it in short spurts, doing some exploration and maybe taking a few shots at a boss and stopping before I get frustrated. I hope I can finish it because boss fights have never been my strong point but I really want to open up the whole map.

Also, no game has made me want to get skilled at taking down robotic dinosaurs than Horizon. It's like Witcher 3 but with much more interesting combat. And robotic dinosaurs. And Aloy is much prettier than Geralt.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

The most important part is cat technology
9ea0ddde07.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I sense day Mankind Divided is the humble monthly showcase game for March

Unfortunately :(

Because I own it
I also sense that Furi is one of the February games revealed, which I would be...ok with I guess, if only because I dont own it.

edit: Letter Quest Remastered is fun, I never played the original. Too bad I suck at it and can only come up with simple ass words ;_;

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm also really confused what the point of being stopped by police every like half an hour to ask for your passport is

i get the idea that this is like a robot apartheid or whatever but it's so fucking boring

i was pretty into this game but i just loaded my save and spent like 10 minutes on loading screens and passport checks already

wtf

Xanathus

i'm also really confused what the point of being stopped by police every like half an hour to ask for your passport is

i get the idea that this is like a robot apartheid or whatever but it's so fucking boring

i was pretty into this game but i just loaded my save and spent like 10 minutes on loading screens and passport checks already

wtf

It's trying to make you experience discrimination, if you follow the routes marked for augs and take the aug-only train entrances they won't stop you. It a way of demonstrating the hardships that discriminated minorities face.

I'm sick of getting lost in Hyper Light Drifter. Everything looks the same.

I'm getting real fucking annoyed having to clear out rooms every time I go the wrong direction.

I know this has been mentioned everywhere lately, but... this really is a great time for releases. Even just on Steam, there's a solid two months where I'd love to just go wild and buy a bunch of stuff. And I'm strictly speaking of strategy and RPG-oriented stuff.
tumblr_o8vgzbMOdp1u591fzo1_500.gif

awww yiss
Fixed.

Played some Rainbow Six Siege today and man the destruction in that game is great, more games should have shotguns that completely destroy walls.
I've been really into it since the free weekend not long back, splurged on both seasons of operators too. I don't play the likes of Battlefield or Call of Duty, the closest I get is the Counter-Strike series, but I don't really like those that much either, but Siege has effectively become the "it's Counter-Strike, but fun" for me
and being able to unlock the cosmetics you want just from the funny money you earn by playing instead of being inundated with blind boxes you can't open unless you plunk down some bucks is nice too
. What I love most in a shooter is being able to really tangibly make your mark on the environment, and with being able to shoot through walls, floorings, barricades, make your own fortifications, the different spawn points for the objective and the attackers, the various gadgets and their uses, the traps you can set, and the persistence of all of it throughout a round, it's just so fun to see how things play out and how the map rarely gets treated the same way twice.

Yeah, I really like it.

wtf
There are "natural" and "aug" entrances, use the aug one and you won't be stopped.

zkylon

zkylewd
the other weird thing about mankind divided is how everyone rewards you by letting you loot their basement

this game is weird

It's trying to make you experience discrimination, if you follow the routes marked for augs and take the aug-only train entrances they won't stop you. It a way of demonstrating the hardships that discriminated minorities face.
i mean, it's kinda stupid when all the cops are afraid of me

it's also really boring in this kind of game in particular

There are "natural" and "aug" entrances, use the aug one and you won't be stopped.
i noticed there were aug entrances but when i didn't get shot i figured it just didn't mean anything for u or anything

the truth was much worse i guess ;_;

The DXMD talk reminds me, that's the thing I don't like about most stealth games--the invisible "trespassing" zones. Generally it makes sense, but there are always enough ambiguous areas to make players stupidly cautious about being caught (sneaking around everywhere). It's annoying; I prefer clarity in game mechanics.

The new Hitman handles it pretty well, though. On top of common sense, there's NPCs everywhere that verbally warn you if you're about to trespass. The game is also just lenient enough that mistakes aren't cases for instant reloads. (And also, the whole game is about compromising when caught anyways, which makes it feel better overall. The arcadiness of Hitman was really a stroke of genius on their part.)

Monooboe

Alright I admit, I want a Switch and the new Zelda so damn bad.:( If only it was possible to sell ones Steam games, I would sell them all!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
All worm games are not created equal.

On that note, Team17 finally found its groove again with WMD. It's a fantastic amalgamation of classic Worms and some more modern ideas (e.g. controllable vehicles).

Uzzy

i mean, it's kinda stupid when all the cops are afraid of me

it's also really boring in this kind of game in particular

i noticed there were aug entrances but when i didn't get shot i figured it just didn't mean anything for u or anything

the truth was much worse i guess ;_;

Cops being afraid of the people they discriminate against? That could never happen.

Honestly, the cops stopping you at the subway terminals was one of the few times the game actually showed you it's theme, rather than hitting you over the head with it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Cops being afraid of the people they discriminate against? That could never happen.

Honestly, the cops stopping you at the subway terminals was one of the few times the game actually showed you it's theme, rather than hitting you over the head with it.
that's the thing, it's literally the only time you feel "discriminated against", and it's a total joke, i literally super jump and turn invisible in front of that guy and he doesn't even react. i don't feel threatened by this dude, he feels like a loading screen in disguise

it's also happening like all the freaking time in a game that i've played for like 6 hours and i feel like i have accomplished nothing yet, so it's just annoying that in a game that's already suffering from pacing issues thanks to like randomly dropping you in the middle of a huge city with little guidance and motivation, you're also stopped every once in a while for a boring unskippable cutscene where you just get your passport checked by some idiot

this isn't half life 2, this is really lame

Arthea

I was sure Danganronpa 3 is coming, good to see it confirmed.

I also think that a visual novel tag for Dang games is misleading, it also prevents antiVN people from playing it. If we call Dang VN, we as well can call the Longest Journey a VN.

Durante

So I have 2 weeks to finish Torment and Sophie before Nier is out.

Hmm. I'll get Firis, but I guess playing it will have to wait.

Arthea

I begin to understand that I'll be only one playing Firis of all steamgaf...
judging by those few posters that even going to get it.

poor Firis...

Tizoc

Think you could squeeze some Dragon Quest Heroes in there? A custom launcher that fixes the resolution and fullscreen nonsense is something this game is in dire need of.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hard Room -- MB-617E32208D44C63F - Taken by Genki
One More Dungeon -- MB-62D1A414F96D7CF9 - Taken by Costa1774

Arthea

send help
pic

this is one of easy ones and there is something obvious here that I just can't see

edited: nvm, had to close the game, so I won't be seeing this layout again

I bet the game would have been much better, had they gone through with it.

ohyou.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom