• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

It's pretty great :)
ljgzga.png

:mad:((

Zia

Wow...is it confirmed? These kinds of crates doesn't offer rare effects courier right?

That was only for Dota2, not TF2, correct?

It's only for Dota 2 so far, and I don't know if they're completely dropping the key system or not, as I'm sure they make a load of money off of TF2 keys. They've been releasing these keyless Dota capsules at a pretty fast clip though, and they're a much better value than the old crates: you get an entire set, as well as a chance at a very rare bonus set or courier, and once a set is dropped for you, the next time you open a capsule you'll get a different set (up until you obtain all of the sets; I might be wrong, but I think there's four per capsule).

kurahador

It's only for Dota 2 so far, and I don't know if they're completely dropping the key system or not, as I'm sure they make a load of money off of TF2 keys. They've been releasing these keyless Dota capsules at a pretty fast clip though, and they're a much better value than the old crates: you get an entire set, as well as a chance at a very rare bonus set or courier, and once a set is dropped for you, the next time you open a capsule you'll get a different set (up until you obtain all of the sets; I might be wrong, but I think there's four per capsule).

Better yet...the rare drops will drop (if you're lucky enough that is) WITH one of the sets.
So you'll still get sets regardless.

I've been playing Bound by Flame around 80 minutes, I like what I played so far. Although the game is kicking my ass atm (there's 4 difficulty, I chose the third one or hard mode I think)

The combat system is pretty interesting so far, and the regular enemies hit pretty damn hard as well, it's a challenge and I like it. Story is standard fare so far although it's kinda weird hearing someone say "dickhead" in a fantasy setting.

Game looks pretty alright for what it's worth. Definitely not disappointed shelling out $16 dollars for it.

Weird.
I can't get "light attack" to work in the game. I hit x, but my character doesn't really do anything.

spoken like a man that doesnt idle for cards. I stopped caring about steam time played a long time ago :(

Same here, at least that way it seems I play instead of just collect games :(

Hahaha, I love what happens tot he statistics when I have to idle like 4 games at once. I get impossible numbers showing up, like this:

454.9 hours past 2 weeks
That's almost 19 days.
According to Steam, I've gamed so hard that I not only didn't sleep for 2 weeks straight, but I've managed to pack an additional 5 days worth of time in there. ;)

Sky Chief

Am I doing something wrong? I tried downloading Slackware and got 1.5-2.0MB/s. Why is downloading Shadow Warrior so fucking slow?

Fuck it, I just cancelled the BT download and went with the direct. It says it will be done in three hours instead of 5 days. What is the point of Humble Bundle suggesting BT if it is so unbelievably slow? Makes no sense.

Skyzard

Banned
Sword reloading in Shadow Warrior is awesome. sorry, removed the upload, too much camera shake

Wave 7 in survival mode (old town map anyway) when the teleporting demons get swords is just wut.

Nabs

Fuck it, I just cancelled the BT download and went with the direct. It says it will be done in three hours instead of 5 days. What is the point of Humble Bundle suggesting BT if it is so unbelievably slow? Makes no sense.

Why not just download it through Steam?

Diedac

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SANG-FROID -- MB-867FA63653135C1F - Taken by Evrain. 3 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-53B710E1040A5CAB - Taken by Yakkue. 2 entrants total.

t1399750766z1.png

Nzyme32

I think they're transitioning to a completely keyless Gashapon system.

Is that what's happening? What exactly does this entail?

I'm new to all this so just went to look at the graph and it appears that at some point (*today actually) the number of sales/put up for sale, jumped and kept increasing, eventually reducing the prices, but I don't know what they used to be at? When did the compendium actually get released?

Zafir

Is that what's happening? What exactly does this entail?

I'm new to all this so just went to look at the graph and it appears that at some point (*today actually) the number of sales/put up for sale, jumped and kept increasing, eventually reducing the prices, but I don't know what they used to be at? When did the compendium actually get released?
They've been around £1.30(Give or take a bit due to fluctuation) the past week. (For comparison's sake, in pounds they're £0.98 at the moment)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bought some sweet sweet Steam credit to avoid the incoming CADpocalypse on May 12th. EBGames in Canada sells $50 for $55 CAD which is slightly above Paypal or my credit card's conversion rate, plus I will hopefully dodge the no doubt inevitable addition of 13% tax to prices plus $10 CAD price bumps for new release full price titles.

Grief.exe

Was this posted?

Namco did a Q/A session on Dark Souls II http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558755529569809677/#p1

Now that Dark Souls II is out on PC we (Bandai Namco Games) would like to field any on-going or outstanding questions you have about the game. We see comments, concerns, bug reports, rants, and raves all over. And it's quite difficult to keep up with all the different conversations happening in different places. But we'd like to help you get answers to some of your questions regarding the game. Bear in mind that we are not the developers, that honor still sits with FromSoftware, but we are constantly sending feedback their way. We're committed to making sure your opinions are heard and you have a great Dark Souls II experience.
We'll do our best to answer any questions posted in this thread. If there's a question that we don't know the answer to or can't answer at this time, we'll try to notate that.
If you have questions about ongoing bug reports, cheaters, bans, game functionality, leave them in this thread and we'll update over the next few days with as many answers as possible.
What is the status on the VAC ban issue?
Progress on this issue has been slow-going. FromSoftware and our Bandai Namco Games office in Japan are in contact with Valve and are working through this currently. We hope to have a resolution soon and we'll let you know as soon as we hear more information.
What does Bandai Namco Games or FromSoftware plan to do with potential cheating/hacking in Dark Souls II?
The Dark Souls II server team is constantly monitoring player activity. If a player has stats or weapons that they shouldn't, the server team is tracking that. It is up to the Dark Souls II server team to submit to Valve what they would like to ban, in terms of hacks and cheats, and then VAC will take care of the bans. As we progress, we'll do our best to share what information is provided to us by FromSoftware, but any cheat, hack, or player bans are up to the discretion of the Dark Souls II server team. If you have specific questions about this - You can reach out to our game support: North/South America: http://support.bandainamcogames.com/ Other Territories: http://www.bandainamcogames.co.uk/support
You can read more about how VAC works (and how to report a cheat) here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=370
Any official word on whether or not [insert any of the popular mods here] will trigger VAC on Dark Souls 2?
No official word yet. As FromSoftware starts to define more and more cheats, we have communicated and detailed the harmless mods that some users have been using. In the end we can't say for sure, since that is up to the Dark Souls II server team, but we'll let everyone know what we learn as these conversations progress. Although if there is a thread or an information hub somewhere that has a list of all these mods and how they actually affect game files, that will help as we supply more information to FromSoftware. Thanks for the info - I think we have all the info we need.
We know the consoles couldn't handle the lightning that was shown in the trailers, so why was it removed from the PC?
The only comment that we have made on this is sharing FromSoftware's response: Throughout the game development process, a game is constantly being balanced not only in game playability, but also in the realm of resource management.
A developer is always challenged with creating the most rewarding gaming experience while delivering continuity in graphical quality, gameplay dynamics, and balance within the game. The final version of Dark Souls II displays the culmination of this delicate balance and we’re very proud of the positive media and fan reception for the game."
What is the situation with the PC servers?? Are the conection problems solved or are you still working on it??
We had a hiccup May 2nd and 6th. Servers are currently up and running now, if you are still experiencing more connectivity issues, make sure to get in touch with support so we can help troubleshoot. We hope that everything will be more stable moving forward.
I am still having this crash, any word on when this will be fixed? Frustrating paying $50 for a game and not being able to play it for 2 weeks.
If you are still experiencing a crash at startup (and your system meets the minimum requirements) be sure to get in touch with our support team and they'll walk you through next-steps from there.
Do you have any insight as to why the LGK bosses lightning sword attacks are about a billion decibels louder then anything else in the game?
We do not know why that seems to be the case. We'll follow up with our QA team today though. Thanks for the heads-up!
Is there any chance you could add option to remove mouse delay on attacks? Will you ever fix UI showing pad buttons while playing on mouse/keyboard?
We've read through almost all player feedback on Keyboard and Mouse controls and have passed them along to the developer. If we hear of any changes coming to the controls, we'll let you know.
I have Internet connectivity problems that cause me to connect and disconnect randomly. This creates scenarios where I am restricted in online gameplay. This is one of the biggest problems I have with the game
If the Dark Souls II servers detect multiple disconnections or failed connections, you will be temporarily limited from joining multiplayer sessions. You can also try using the 'Bone of Order' item, which will attempt to restore links to other worlds.
Does From Software consider changing some of the not so popular gameplay elements?
This is always possible in the future. We have gathered feedback, read forums, and talked with many community members regarding limited respawns, Soul Memory, etc. In the end these are design choices that are made by FromSoftware, but we are definitely discussing your feedback with them.
Why is there no offline mode ingame?
The integration of offline/on-line gameplay is how FromSoftware has designed the game. If you would like to play completely offline, you can always disable your internet connection.
From what I understand then FromSoftware are monitoring things such as stats. So what (if anything) happens if a save gets corrupted and someone is forced to use an earlier save where the stats are much lower?
When we say FromSoftware are monitoring stats, they are monitoring things like if a character is Soul Level 50, but has 99 Vitality. That can't be accomplished through normal gameplay.
Are there still server issues? Messages are rare for me, and summon signs are literally non existent. My roommate has the same SM as my main character, and there's nothing we can to do even see each other. We've tried the name ring too, and nothing works. This has only been a problem since yesterday's server outage
From what we understand, servers should be working properly. If you are seeing weird issues like this and everything was fine before the last server outage, get in touch with our support so we can document the issue and troubleshoot. North/South America: http://support.bandainamcogames.com/ Other Territories: http://www.bandainamcogames.co.uk/support
Is there anything being done about weapon durability degrading so quickly when hitting corpses?
From what we understand, this functionality is intentional. We've passed along feedback to the developer and it is always possible that this updated in future calibrations.

Nzyme32

Bought some sweet sweet Steam credit to avoid the incoming CADpocalypse on May 12th. EBGames in Canada sells $50 for $55 CAD which is slightly above Paypal or my credit card's conversion rate, plus I will hopefully dodge the no doubt inevitable addition of 13% tax to prices plus $10 CAD price bumps for new release full price titles.

Is this the official date for Steam moving to localised CAD over USD? I always wondered if there would be some kind of loop hole that would show up because of retail steam credit. Unfortunately for the UK, steam credit didn't exist at the time so we didn't have much of a loop hole. Used to love the old USD days when the GBP almost double the USD

Evrain

Has anybody managed to get Tropico 5 from the Russian price glitch? I'm trying Hola but can't reach the russian store page...

Dr Dogg

How does tax on digital goods work in Canada Stump? For Europe, store prices are always final prices. Valve used to supply a breakdown as to what was to be paid as VAT but stopped supplying that info around mid 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom