• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skipped
The Pursuer
which was giving me lots of trouble and beat
The Dragonrider

I hope by the time I'm done with DS2 the first one has the steamworks patch done :p

Also gave up and bought Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, come on EA, bring 2 to Steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Playing all this Dark Souls II makes me want to go play the first game.

Steam works patch can't come any sooner

Yup I've been thinking a lot about it too. They need to hurry up

Uraizen

Banned
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vanguard-princess-netplay-dlc#home

They want 10K to develop Netplay for Vanguard Princess?

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Nah.

We have set up an Indiegogo campaign that will reward the developers who create solid a Netplay application that will work on the Steam version of Vanguard Princess.

Developers can download the Vanguard Princess Developer Tool Kit to gain the necessary files to start developing the Netplay application.
Developers have general creative and technical freedom on how they would like to develop the Netplay application.
Developers can submit their applications to business@eigoMANGA.com.
The winning application must be easy for every gamer to use, have a creative yet professional UI/UX design, and it must work with the Steam version of Vanguard Princess.

They want somebody else to.

Wow, I finally have To The Moon. Heard so much about it. Thanks!

Awesome game, you'll love it.

Fuck yes i won Vanguard Princess!

Thanks.

Thanks for Skyward Collapse!

Thank you!!, i love Shufflepuck Café on mac... Back in the day it was one of those game i always played... I never knew this "remake" exist until today...=D

Took Gravity Badgers for the team...thanks!

image.php

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I'm actually playing it now. Such an undisputable masterpiece

Do you know how gfwl->steamwork patches have handled transfering of saves so far?

Miguel81

gfwl caused me more "grief" than any of the bosses. It can't be patched out soon enough.

Edit: A Machine for Pigs has been a massive disappointment, and I hope Outlast will be a better experience.

Those people are wrong because they are believing the lies of RICHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD.

[Metal Wolf Chaos]

Look at the bottom right of the image. This year is the game's 10th anniversary...
And that means what exactly? The game never even came out in the U.S. for its original platform (Xbox). Why would a Steam release suddenly materialize? Very few people have even heard of the game. I really want it to happen, but unless you know something and are just being coy, I have to think you're really grasping at straws here.

Edit: Please tell me you know something and you're just being coy. I really, really, really want Metal Wolf Chaos.

Dr Dogg

Nooooooooooooooo! PC Mark 8 failed to shut down properly last night and now I've apparently "played" it for nigh on 8 hours.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nooooooooooooooo! PC Mark 8 failed to shut down properly last night and now I've apparently "played" it for nigh on 8 hours.

spoken like a man that doesnt idle for cards. I stopped caring about steam time played a long time ago :(

wetflame

Pizza Dog

I booted up LEGO Marvel and then minimised it, hibernated my PC and when I booted it up again I'd played 32 hours. Oh well!

Nabs

Haha. The cat achievement in "You Have to Win the Game"

Boop!
Found Sammy and Lara a.k.a. Princess Boopypoo and the Countess von Flufflebutts a.k.a. I put my cats in a video game because I am five years old.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
lol

I'm getting a gtx 770 on monday, and it looks like I'm going to have to play Watch Dogs now. Literally every nvidia card on sale comes bundled with a DL code now.

also a question: I'm getting a new SSD drive soon too. Is it possible to just transfer the steam library directly over to it, or do I need to redownload everything?

Locust

Hope any of you didn't have a large stock of dota 2 keys like me. Valve just added chests that don't require a key to open, causing the Great Treasure Key Crash of 2014.

Kiru

lol

I'm getting a gtx 770 on monday, and it looks like I'm going to have to play Watch Dogs now. Literally every nvidia card on sale comes bundled with a DL code now.

also a question: I'm getting a new SSD drive soon too. Is it possible to just transfer the steam library directly over to it, or do I need to redownload everything?

There's this little thing called Steam Mover

Nzyme32

Toki tori will likely soon end up as my most played game because I spend far too much time thinking on the bonus levels. Pretty much given up caring though, it won't take long for civ to regain the throne

Li Kao

Looks good. I liked Legend of Grimrock, but got tired of being too dumb for some of the puzzles.
Nopeeeeeee ! Well I didn't play it but at least be aware that this was first an ios game and that Pocket Tactics, a legit review site, tore the game a new one. I too would like to see a revival of dungeon crawlers in glorious 1080p, but beware.
I will edit with a link to the review in a sec.

E: And here we go -
http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-coldfire-keep/

fantomena

So I am playing a review copy of Air Control. The fuck is this? Don't understand anything.

Edit: You gotta be fucking kidding me. There are 2 chapters. One where I have no fucking idea what to do and the second chapter is a fucking Flappy Birds game where yhe birds is a plane. Jeesus fuck.

Edit 2: Im not reviewing this crap. i just can't. What a shitcrap game. My jaw has dropped.

Edit 3: Now the game is crashing all the time. Can't play. Awesome.

Deques

So I am playing a review copy of Air Control. The fuck is this? Don't understand anything.

Edit: You gotta be fucking kidding me. There are 2 chapters. One where I have no fucking idea what to do and the second chapter is a fucking Flappy Birds game where yhe birds is a plane. Jeesus fuck.

Edit 2: Im not reviewing this crap. i just can't. What a shitcrap game. My jaw has dropped.

Edit 3: Now the game is crashing all the time. Can't play. Awesome.

You get review copy of a game and you won't write a review of it?

fantomena

Will not write any review, but a short impressions text about Air Control due to the feelings and opinions about the game is very chaotic.

Haunted

I thought I had 499 games and was all ready to make a big deal out of getting the 500th, but then I realised the inbuilt library would obviously count non-steam shortcuts as well.

So now I'm at 483 games. Let's see if I can make the 500 full at the next steam sale. :D

I am always weary of iOS to steam conversion because of this.
I can't stand this attitude. Not just you, but really anytime it comes up in the Steam forums. Success on the IOS market is to be free and cheap. There are exceptions, but those games usually have a lot of hype or are part of a big franchise. A small debut indie game? Has no chance at a reasonable price

So devs are forced to price their games at insanely low prices - $1, $2, $5, etc - regardless of quality or content. (Actually Lili was $5 when it first launched)

When devs come to PC, where they have the freedom to price their game reasonably, why should they be chained to that unfair messed-up pricing? Why is a adventure game with visuals like this and tons of quest suddenly overpriced? If it had released first on PC, no one would give a shit about the price. $20 would probably be accepted without a second thought

This is from a recent article by the devs of The Room, one of rare very successful premium games on IOS
"Pitch a title that isn't games-as-a-service to publishers or investors and they'll practically install new doors to slam in your face. The narrative has been agreed upon: casual and free is "what mobile gamers want" and in this world of go-free-or-go-home, Fireproof stick out like a sore thumb. We're surrounded by other developers of premium games making excellent work but, barring a few teams like Vlambeer and Capy, are practically alone in seeing a decent profit.
That's what IOS developers have to deal with. So these "It's overpriced. Why is that IOS game $10, $15? It's only $3 on the App Store! It's a ripoff/cash grab" responses are just so damn annoying to read

Okay, rant over

zkylon

zkylewd
finally beat the jungle after what felt like a million tries

just tunneled on the exits and just bombed around those spike 'n vines pits.

ice caves got me on first level tho lol

Thanks, woo. :)

I seem to keep missing Rio on Steam, so this is good to know - cheers.

Pleasure :).

He's probably still rubbing salve into his cheeks. They were VERY sore when I spoke to him on Steam after his ban.

I can't stand this attitude. Not just you, but really anytime it comes up in the Steam forums. Success on the IOS market is to be free and cheap. There are exceptions, but those games usually have a lot of hype or are part of a big franchise. A small debut indie game? Has no chance at a reasonable price

So devs are forced to price their games at insanely low prices - $1, $2, $5, etc - regardless of quality or content. (Actually Lili was $5 when it fist launched)

When devs come to PC, where they have the freedom to price their game reasonably, why should they be chained to that unfair messed-up pricing? Why is a adventure game with visuals like this and tons of quest suddenly overpriced? If it had released first on PC, no one would give a shit about the price. $20 would probably be accepted without a second thought

This is from a recent article by the devs of The Room, one of rare very successful premium games on IOS

That's what IOS developers have to deal with. So this "It's overpriced. Why is that IOS game $10, $15? It's only $3 on the App Store! It's a ripoff/cash grab" responses are just so damn annoying to read

Okay, rant over

Thanks for posting that; it's good to read something that varies from the prevailing attitude. I don't have a smartphone so don't really follow these things. However, from what you've said, it seems to me that there is a niche market there for a savvy publisher. Publish 'proper' games at a 'proper' price that don't fit that cynical big pub smartphone model that you delineate and make it a virtue rather than a weakness.

*shrugs*

1cmanny1

I am very disappointed multiplayer in Space Engineers doesn't really work. Me and a buddy made large ships which was all fun and dandy, but when it came to fighting the engine couldn't really cope. Would be a really great game with tons of potential if it wasn't for that.

Dr Dogg

Thankfully I've just noticed the due being a demo my 8 hours of "playtime" doesn't track unless I end up buying PC Mark. I don't know I could live with LEGO Marvel, Toki Tori and yes even Bad Rats at high enough times if I had actually out the effort in myself. Shit I'd wear that Bad Rats time like a badge of honour.

Pleasure :).

He's probably still rubbing salve into his cheeks. They were VERY sore when I spoke to him on Steam after his ban.

Thanks for posting that; it's good to read something that varies from the prevailing attitude. I don't have a smartphone so don't really follow these things. However, from what you've said, it seems to me that there is a niche market there for a savvy publisher. Publish 'proper' games at a 'proper' price that don't fit that cynical big pub smartphone model that you delineate and make it a virtue rather than a weakness.

*shrugs*
If you're interested, here's the link to the article:
Mobile is burning, and free-to-play binds the hands of devs who want to help
The biggest difference between our success and other mobile devs was that we chose to sell each title for a straight fee, i.e. paid i.e. premium i.e. Ye Olde Worlde Weirding Way.

The press picked up our story, which we imagined as a dashing and windswept tale of bootstrap success against the odds, but some in the mobile industry absorbed it differently, waving away our success as an aberration at best and a dangerous precedent at worst. It seemed our story ran contrary to the ongoing romance between mobile and free-to-play games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom