• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It doesn't run at all with the vanilla install and it seems like I'm not the only person with this issue.
Yeah, just searched and apparently there are a ton of issues with the game on 7/8/8.1 which really sucks :(
Guess I should play the lottery or something like that because I have never been this lucky with anything :O
KotORII booted fine too but I'm betting it'll horribly crash when I start a new game

Reminder, 2 hours left to start your Star Wars games for the Playfire awards. Potentially £2.80 on the table.

• Star Wars Battlefront II - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Empire at War: Gold Pack - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Republic Commando - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Starfighter - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars The Force Unleashed II - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - play for the first time - £0.20

Theoretically, this method should work.
I haven't thus far been able to have Playfire properly register activity within 6 hours of a deadline (case in point, I installed and booted most of them today and haven't shown up yet). I think it's because they check for activity long past the deadline instead of immediately after.

Grief.exe

I haven't thus far been able to have Playfire properly register activity within 6 hours of a deadline (case in point, I installed and booted most of them today and haven't shown up yet). I think it's because they check for activity long past the deadline instead of immediately after.

Well, just did it. Hopefully it works.

If not, might be worth firing off an email to Playfire support. I am in under the deadline and there are a few bucks on the table. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes.

derExperte

No King Kong on Steam makes me sad while watching this nice 'Replay' (a great video series from Game Informer): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocaCOqd3fFk

If not, might be worth firing off an email to Playfire support. I am in under the deadline and there are a few bucks on the table. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes.

Have fun waiting three weeks after which the support does not understand what your issue is and just 'initiates an account refresh'. Sent them another mail just now.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Well, just did it. Hopefully it works.

Writing the ticket is fast, the response on the other hand...

Have fun waiting three weeks after which the support does not understand what your issue is and just 'initiates an account refresh'. Sent them another mail just now.
Exactly what has happened to me but replace "three weeks" with "a month". Added another comment to the ticket just now, so the waiting game continues.

Zafir

Well. Kind of glad I didn't pay full price for the Age of Mythology Extended Edition. For one it has nasty performance issues on my computer, which shouldn't happen with how old the game is. That, and, it doesn't seem to be that improved from the original. I was expecting a bit more considering how they priced it... Or maybe Steam has just skewed my opinions on worth with all the great discounts.

maty

This happened to me too several times but after sending a ticket to playfire support I was able to get credit even if the reward page didn't update.
Maybe they could implement a manual/force sync similar to playstation trophies, so if you didn't sync in time then it'd be the user's problem and not the system's.

This happened to me too several times but after sending a ticket to playfire support I was able to get credit even if the reward page didn't update.
Maybe they could implement a manual/force sync similar to playstation trophies, so if you didn't sync in time then it'd be the user's problem and not the system's.

Sometimes their scrapper just takes awhile. Sometimes it missing things. The only credit I've never had manually show up where I earned the achievement 3 minutes prior to the deadline. Every other time, without fail, I send a note saying things haven't credited fully or haven't been scraped for me and before the team can even respond, I end up with it on my account.

The process isn't instantaneous and sometimes things get screwed up in the order. Like now, I'm still waiting on the scrapper to find my "Break 250 objects" achievement in Sweezy Gunner, but acheivements I earned after it have shown up already (Bound by Flame).

What's the name of the compressor/organizer for our game library?

Depressurizer:
https://code.google.com/p/depressurizer/downloads/list

MUnited83

For you.

079.png

:p

Shade

Enjoy! (Should all be unused).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XIII Century Gold Edition -- MB-D2047FDEA5AAD55A - Taken by corrosivefrost. 5 entrants total.
Rig n Roll -- MB-17C6806704022EA3 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 5 entrants total.
UFO Afterlight -- MB-668570FD7B3B2AA0 - Taken by pupo. 3 entrants total.
Alpha Protocol Company of Heroes Rome Total War Hell Yeah Wrath of the Dead Rabbit -- MB-262067BB0D5A7FF0 - Taken by Sammichu. 14 entrants total.
eXceed 3rd Jade Penetrate Black Package -- MB-D05D0A92FE43898D - Taken by Madridista. 15 entrants total.
eXceed Gun Bullet Children -- MB-E1D9D0F3B4C5628A - Taken by factorone. 10 entrants total.
Papo and Yo -- MB-471966109A24273F - Taken by -MD-. 10 entrants total.
eXceed 2nd Vampire REX -- MB-80737ADD160866C1 - Taken by Majukun. 8 entrants total.

t1399783767z1.png

Oh fuck, they're adding the new currencies next week? I am NOT looking forward to paying Canadian prices for games. It was better taking the hit on the exchange rate and buying a game for 50$US.

The only things regional pricing is going to accomplish is I will buy fewer games, mostly avoiding purchasing directly from/through Steam, I will spend less during sales and be driven to other distributors like Amazon, Green Man Gaming, et all. By doing this, the only thing Valve is accomplishing is moving backwards. They should be looking to remove what impediments and restrictions they can instead of continually adding more. Region locking and regional pricing have got to go.

i spent everything in my steam wallet on dota 2 key in anticipation that they go back once this compendium hype dies down.

im sure everything will work out fine

*_*

Hey fellas, have a question.

Whenever I hook up my 360 controller it is always default as the second controller. I can't figure out how to make it the primary input rather than profile 1 auto-defaulting to the KB/M. I'd rather it be controller when it's actually on.

How can I fix it?

Whenever I hook up my 360 controller it is always default as the second controller. I can't figure out how to make it the primary input rather than profile 1 auto-defaulting to the KB/M. I'd rather it be controller when it's actually on.

How can I fix it?

I'm not sure, but have you tried going into Control Panel and erasing the controller profile? Replugging it in after should create a new profile, hopefully with Player 1 as default.

But before you do that, check the settings. May be a simple issue there.

Skyzard

Banned
My 780 GTX (ordered just before the watch dogs promotion) came in dodgy packaging (not sealed at all), they went ahead and RMA'd it recently and I wasn't sure what to do as the price seems to have gone up...

780 GTX Ti SC on its way.

I mean, I saved money on watch dogs...might not be a steam code though

I can feel my games smiling

How can I fix it?

Do you have anything else that could be detected as a gamepad? If you have the SCP DS3 Service running for making your DS3/DS4 work with your PC, your xbox 360 controller will always be 2nd as long as that service is running.

My 780 GTX (ordered just before the watch dogs promotion) came in dodgy packaging (not sealed at all), they went ahead and RMA'd it recently and I wasn't sure what to do as the price seems to have gone up...

It's not, it's just a uplay code.

It's an Uplay code.

Grief.exe

Deciding who to take with you on mission in KotOR II is tough, so many great characters and interactions.

I love bringing my little Astromech buddy T3-M4 along. Opening doors, hacking computer systems, cheerfully beeping no matter your morality.

Just feels like you are missing out on some of the dialogue when you do bring him along though.

I'm playing through KOTOR 1 for the first time since I had it on Xbox and I don't remember Carth being such a knob head, the games constantly telling me he has something on his mind but all he talks about is how he doesn't trust me, so happy to replace him with Zaalbar and Mission.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm playing through KOTOR 1 for the first time since I had it on Xbox and I don't remember Carth being such a knob head, the games constantly telling me he has something on his mind but all he talks about is how he doesn't trust me, so happy to replace him with Zaalbar and Mission.

I was so dark side I actually forced Zaalbar to
kill Mission
. Life debt muthafucka.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
PSA: I do not recommend Doom 3 BFG edition anymore. After the latest patch, it dynamically downscales the resolution to whatever it thinks will maintain 60FPS, which is absolute bullshit because I played solid 60FPS at 1080p with 8xAA before and this won't even allow 2x before turning everything into mud.

Before said:
After said:

Note that the UI is still running 1080p because it is programmed into the 3D engine. There is no way to turn it off.

Tizoc

Strike Suit Zero's rewards have some easy and do-able cheevos, I think 1-3 hours max is enough to get most of them.

PSA: I do not recommend Doom 3 BFG edition anymore. After the latest patch, it dynamically downscales the resolution to whatever it thinks will maintain 60FPS, which is absolute bullshit because I played solid 60FPS at 1080p with 8xAA before and this won't even allow 2x before turning everything into mud.

Note that the UI is still running 1080p because it is programmed into the 3D engine. There is no way to turn it off.

I just booted it up to see for myself and yeah it's trash, RAGE had a similar problem but I thought you could turn it off in that. Only way to not have the resolution drop for me is to turn off AA and motion blur entirely.

Milamber

Reminder, 2 hours left to start your Star Wars games for the Playfire awards. Potentially £2.80 on the table.

• Star Wars Battlefront II - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Empire at War: Gold Pack - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Republic Commando - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars Starfighter - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars The Force Unleashed II - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - play for the first time - £0.20
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - play for the first time - £0.20

Theoretically, this method should work.
Crap! I was supposed to start up KOTOR 2 sometime this week but AC IV took my time away.

Speaking of AC IV, I downloaded that Kenway's Fleet app on IOS to make some passive money while I'm not playing it.

Caerith

I couldn't stand Carth. Such a whiner.

I usually like to bring Kreia and Atton together, or HK-47.

I brought HK-47 everywhere in the first game, but didn't care for him much in the second. Kreia has the best commentary-- I went full light side, always doing the right thing and rejecting her realism-- and Atton or Mira make good second companions. A friend of mine had really hyped up Visas Marr to me before I played the game, but I found T3-M4 to be a better conversationalist.

DogMeat77

So I just started up Doom 3 BFG with the Oculus mod and... holy shit! It is a pretty damn good experience but also quite intense. Several times I felt my hair stand on end. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to play more... I don't really need that in my dreams tonight.

The cutscenes induce some nausea though. The jumping camera angles during conversations does not feel good in VR.

I seriously did not expect the Philippine Peso as one of the new 12 currencies on Steam. And also it might mean that the 12% VAT that we have will now be implemented on Steam. And considering our currency is dropping back to around 50php to 1 usd (44.5 php to 1 usd now), I might see a huge increase in prices.

I hope though that there will be locally targeted sales in the future, as we are very price concious
stingy
to our purchases.

maneil99

B5K.png

C5K.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom