• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruteUA

Maybe he thought he was suppose to guess. Don't jump all over the poor junior.

I was gonna do a mini-rant about how the junior label gets thrown around sometimes in a demeaning way, then I saw I must have recently hit 300. So nevermind, carry on, I'm no longer a third-class citizen.

So let's say I want to get in on this Doom sale. What do I grab for the ideal Doom experience? The BFG and Doom 3 original separately? Or is it really best to just have Doom remain a fond memory, not to be revisited?

Caerith

That I do not know, most publishers are too busy rebooting their own old franchises.
Reboots are the only solution to the shortage of third-person cover shooters with detective vision and collectibles.

I was gonna do a mini-rant about how the junior label gets thrown around sometimes in a demeaning way, then I saw I must have recently hit 300. So nevermind, carry on, I'm no longer a third-class citizen.

So let's say I want to get in on this Doom sale. What do I grab for the ideal Doom experience? The BFG and Doom 3 original separately? Or is it really best to just have Doom remain a fond memory, not to be revisited?

Welcome to the big kids table. Also, your post reminded me of GAF for Dummies.

Unless you're really keen to play the games again, I think your last option might be a better choice. If you're going for the +1s, get the Classic Doom and Doom 3 pack.

Milamber

I just learned that the boats I capture for my Kenway's Fleet has specific stats due to levels. Capturing boats with the highest stats possible is going to make me look at my spyglass more. This is going to take awhile.

EDIT: Crap again, I DP'ed.

abracadaver

Any of the painkiller games worth getting ?

I like the demo of the first game way back when it came out. But there are like 5 or 6 different painkiller games on steam now

_hekk05

Banned
I just learned that the boats I capture for my Kenway's Fleet has specific stats due to levels. Capturing boats with the highest stats possible is going to make me look at my spyglass more. This is going to take awhile.

You've got to stop DP'ing all over yourself. Get a grip Milamber

Also I tried to do sideswipe cart's playfire rewards, but man are they hard.

aku:jiki

Hell yeah, finally! An insanely lucky combo of finding Fate and Sacred Heart within two floors of each other, as well as a well-timed Emperor card drop, let me breeze through the no damage achievements.

9MWrXmW.png

Time to grab that SpiderMod and get some ridiculous synergies going for the giggles. I want that entire-screen technology laser! Or maybe a quad shot/sad onion/polyphemus/wiggle worm/grey mushroom combo.

You know you could regain your junior status by doing stupid stuff? It's not all about post counts.

Dr Dogg

A balanced fleet is quite hard to juggle and I'd say a bit more important than just raw stats. I've currently got a fleet consisting of 4 schooners, 3 brigs and 1 frigate. I use the schooners solely for trade missions and the brigs and the frigate to play out the engagements. Works out quite low on the gem maintenance for repair as long as you keep the fire barrel stock up. Want to add another schooner and another frigate due to being quite fun capturing one of them.

Caerith

There is so much variety in the stealth kills in Kingdoms of Amalur. I just backstabbed my first gnome-- stabbed clean through so the knife blade is sticking out his chest, then lifted the little bastard off his feet like I'm some monster in a horror movie.

Hell yeah, finally! An insanely lucky combo of finding Fate and Sacred Heart within two floors of each other, as well as a well-timed Emperor card drop, let me breeze through the no damage achievements.

9MWrXmW.png

Time to grab that SpiderMod and get some ridiculous synergies going for the giggles. I want that entire-screen technology laser! Or maybe a quad shot/sad onion/polyphemus/wiggle worm/grey mushroom combo.
Congrats! I haven't even beaten the game.

You know you could regain your junior status by doing stupid stuff? It's not all about post counts.
I know of at least three double juniors. My favorite is the tag that adds another "junior" when you mouse over it.

Vuze

Is it possible to add the same game to two categories at the same time? Wanted to do some library organisation :|

Doom Classic Complete + Brutal Doom Mod > Most FPS games that have come out in the past few years

I played Brutal Doom for the first time last year and it's one of my most enjoyable FPS games ever.

Nzyme32

I've just had my mind blown.

I only just realised that the guy who voices the vortigon in half life, is the same guy who voices dragon knight and the voice actor is Tony Todd from Chuck, 24, Star Trek TNG and a bunch of other stuff

Acccent

Thanks for the TFiJ replies :) I've played it a lot myself, just wanted to know to what extent people had played it or were aware of it even though it wasn't on Steam yet. (To roughly estimate how much of this thread's mind-share Valve had a monopoly over.)

derExperte

I've just had my mind blown.

I only just realised that the guy who voices the vortigon in half life, is the same guy who voices dragon knight and the voice actor is Tony Todd from Chuck, 24, Star Trek TNG and a bunch of other stuff

That you don't list Candyman makes me worried. I hope the reason isn't that you haven't seen it.

Tizoc

Was at my local game shop and saw they had DVD PC versions of the following games:
Blur
Turok

I didn't buy them but I might get Turok. FYI that the games don't seem to come with Steam codes. I recall the past gen's Turok game being good?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I didn't buy them but I might get Turok. FYI that the games don't seem to come with Steam codes. I recall the past gen's Turok game being good?

It got a mixed reception, some people like it though, but I should note that I asked one of the game's directors what platform to get the game on and he said "360"--the PC port is not the way the game is meant to be experienced. It doesn't come with Steam keys, no. Disney had always historically avoided or not signed with Steam.

Milamber

It got a mixed reception, some people like it though, but I should note that I asked one of the game's directors what platform to get the game on and he said "360"--the PC port is not the way the game is meant to be experienced. It doesn't come with Steam keys, no. Disney had always historically avoided or not signed with Steam.

My, that doesn't bode well for future Star Wars games on Steam then.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I honestly don't understand how Turok could be best played on 360. It runs about 5 times the framerate at 8 times the resolution on PC and supports the 360 pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom