• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

For the trick to work the game needs to use CEG/"Steam DRM" -- anything that demands the presence of the client, basically (Valve's own games being the most obvious examples). I use Age 2 HD's launcher myself.

Edit: I should also add that Steamworks integration isn't necessarily indicative of CEG as even such games can be DRM-free (e.g. Divinity: Dragon Commander), although, naturally, you lose Steamworks features if you opt to launch the game outside of the client.

It's weird. Tried using Portal 2 amongst various others and they also only show the appid game name in the overlay, but not as currently playing. Thanks for responding and clearing things up tho, I will report back once Playfire updates tomorrow.

Were people in here getting the no deaths achievement in you have to win legitimately or is there some trick? Some of those areas are absurd.

Thanks, everyone! Looks like I'll wait for it to show up on a sale, and try out Dark Souls first. I'll research it to see if there are any beginner-friendly classes and strategies.

When you do play it, just keep in mind that it may take several hours (9 or 10 for me) to really get the hang of the game to where it doesn't feel so cheap. I think most people that play it and dislike it don't play long enough to reach that point.

Dr Dogg

just got a nvidia 3d vision 2 kit for really cheap, figured why the hell not :)

does anyone have some recommendations for games which work well with it?
tried a bit of Batman: AC, that one looks quite nice

Right here you go. Here's a list of some good recommendations and settings.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...a-list-of-best-nvidia-games-in-3d-vision-33-/

And here's a list of games that with a bit of tweaking can get the "Toyification" effect (think like small miniatures). Works great for top down games like RPGs and RTS among other genres.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...games-that-achieve-this-effect-please-submit/

Also once you got your toes wet with 3D it might be worth checking out the supplemental mods out there like Helix which for me are a bit better than Nvidia's 3D Vision.
http://helixmod.blogspot.co.uk/

Getting 3D (and more importantly a 120/144hz monitor) makes going through the Steam backlog quite fun seeing what works well.

On that front I think Wolf14 will lead nicely into Watch Dogs, and in the meantime I still have Child of Light and Anno 1404 to waste time with, to say nothing of the other games that are sitting in my backlog (hi South Park).

It'd been a week! ;) How to Catch a Monster/Lost River premieres at Cannes in a week so that's a nice coinkydink.

Seeing as I'm aboard the Wolf train I'm hoping it's a short but well put together campaign (with replayability of course) so I at least stand a chance of finishing the Mayhem set of releases. So far Child of Light is by the way side and I'm ping ponging between Dark Souls II and AC IV plus have KiD and Wolf14 coming up.

I need to clone myself Michael Keaton style!

Blimey it's that time of year already? Festival season is always nice as the couple of local quirky cinemas here put on events at the same times.

Ruruja

Dear customer,

Meridian4 is solely responsible for Iron Storm on Steam. We do not receive any financial compensation from other distributors, only Steam. However, in the spirit of good customer service (and hopefully a Facebook Like) below is a Steam Key for Iron Storm.

Key:XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Thank you,

well, now I feel kinda bad :/

Here's an email I got off them a month ago. :p

Dear customer,

Meridian4 is solely responsible for RTMI 1 and 2 on Steam. We do not receive any financial compensation from other distributors, only Steam. However, in the spirit of good customer service (and hopefully a Facebook Like) below is a Steam Key for RTMI.

Iorv3th

My wife that never uses her steam account just got an e-mail that 200 RUB had been added to her account. She probably hasn't used this in 2 years. E-mail came from noreply@steampowered.com

Anyone else ever have something like this happen?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

World of Subways 3 – London Underground Circle Line is now available for $24.99.

About the Game

World of Subways" is our series of the most interesting Subway and Underground routes of the world for the PC. After the releases of New York and Berlin we are now proud to introduce Vol.3 - London Underground. This simulation covers the entire Circle Line in its current operational service which includes the new section to Hammersmith. This line offers a length of 27km with 35 stations, many hours of fun and interesting missions

The Circle Line is an underground service of the London Underground circling the center of London. It was first described as such in 1949 and already appeared on the 1947 Underground Map. It had not been built as a separate line, but was merged from different sections of the Metropolitan Line and the District Line. Only two short sections of this line are solely used by the Circle line. These sections are the connecting curves between the stations of High Street Kensington and Gloucester Road and between Aldgate and Tower Hill.

Deadly Sin 2, an RPGMaker game, is now available for $6.99, a discount of 30% that will last until May 19th. This is made by the same developers as another RPGMaker game, Skyborn, that apparently was pretty good.

About the Game
A thousand years of peace are shattered by betrayal, political upheaval, and war. Play as the hero Carrion Iblis, as the story of Siegfried, the Empire's true successor, plunges the world further and further into darkness.

Immerse yourself in a world of conflict as several opposing factions clash for dominance over the Archaelus Empire and its people. Take up the mighty blade of Carrion Iblis as he and his friends tear through a massive web of manipulation. Theirs is a journey that will crack open the doors of destiny, setting the stage for a truly epic struggle for the fate of the world!

In this adventure, Carrion must clash against enemies from within and without. He will face down his own countrymen, repel an invasion of undead foes, conquer his personal demons, find love, and challenge the power of the heavens.

Deadly Sin 2 is a 20-30 hour fantasy RPG epic. It is not a direct sequel to Deadly Sin 1; much like the games in the Final Fantasy series, Deadly Sin 2 is merely the next in a line of spiritual successors to the original. Deadly Sin 2 boasts a massively improved battle and menu system, as well as all-new features.

Ruruja

My wife that never uses her steam account just got an e-mail that 200 RUB had been added to her account. She probably hasn't used this in 2 years. E-mail came from noreply@steampowered.com

Anyone else ever have something like this happen?

I remember there was a way for Russians to have an account stolen or maybe just suspended, by depositing a small amount of credit into it then requesting a refund. But I think they fixed that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Love the new avatar Jase

<3

It's weird. Tried using Portal 2 amongst various others and they also only shows the appid game name in the overlay, but not as currently playing. Thanks for responding and clearing things up tho, I will report back once Playfire updates tomorrow.

That's very odd. I just tried the trick with Portal 2 myself and it definitely still works (although I accidentally launched the game through the client first, like the dumbo that I am).

p2sljht.jpg

Ignore the error: that's just there because I'm using Remote Desktop.

Blimey it's that time of year already? Festival season is always nice as the couple of local quirky cinemas here put on events at the same times.

I think the closest thing WA has to a film festival is... nothing.

Arthea

Russia mafia apparently steal unused accounts for nefarious purposes.

If you don't want your account stolen, hide your wife and, ups that's not it, never log out, I mean

edited: so many RPG maker games lately, it even feels like too many, perhaps?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Man, Dark Soul's II has such a good pace, especially later into the game. I've collected two big souls and got more then fifty hours into the game and I keep finding an enormous amount of new secrets, area's and goodies. All at a steady pace. There so much stuff to see and do.
Good times.

Became a
rat
bro and scared the crap out of some poor fellow by throwing some Hello carvings from above. He didn't see me and ran like a mouse. Fun times.
Untill I accidentially fell down and tried to heal myself while he swung his sword through my chest.

Such a terrific game, absurdly diverse. Could have done without the agility stat, though, and those hitboxes... such a damn shame. My only major complaint with the game. Some bossfights get an extra challenge due too having to figure out how to avoid some invinsible vacuumswords...

Speaking of bosses, they feel like the complete opposite from Demon's Souls; The fights are rarely special, but the monster design is fantastic.

Anyhow, Steam stuff. Heck of a price for Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed. Might just be my all-time favorite karter. :)

Iorv3th

... sounds fishy, did you try logging onto her account?

Nope. Told her to contact steam support asap were both at work and she just e-mailed me that.

Russia mafia apparently steal unused accounts for nefarious purposes.

I remember there was a way for Russians to have an account stolen or maybe just suspended, by depositing a small amount of credit into it then requesting a refund. But I think they fixed that.

hmmmmm thanks.

AcridMeat

Banned
So...looks like I'll be refreshing for today, thanks.

Awesome, don't need to refresh anymore, that's pretty neat (the real-time countdown of copies available).
You don't even have to refresh! This is great I'm just having a bite watching the counters tick down.

I made a game out of it, betting how long it will take to go, and whether it will be more popular than the last.

Arthea

They mean that Steam is the only store that generates revenue for them, so they were under no obligation to provide you with a Steam key as they had nothing to do with the bundle.

How one ends up in the bundle and has nothing to do with it, now I wonder. They mean Indie Gala just stole their game? It was DRM free no less.

Skyzard

Banned
You don't even have to refresh! This is great I'm just having a bite watching the counters tick down.

I made a game out of it, betting how long it will take to go, and whether it will be more popular than the last.

I like that idea, copying cheers.

It's going to be a long one. - wow, very wrong! It was - Deponia 3 at $6

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Woah, that IE icon so blatantly present in your taskbar is way fishier than the entire C:/Users/Milamber/Documents/School/Homeworks/Stuff/Other Stuff/Various/ encrypted folder.

Haha, in the past I used IE to browse Tumblr as it wouldn't take long for the site to slow Firefox to a crawl on my laptop, but these days it's not so bad.

yep he has ie, firefox AND chrome in his taskbar

Chrome is for when I want to use the Enhanced Steam features that aren't present in Firefox (primarily the ability to hide owned games when searching, which is especially useful during sale periods).

How one ends up in the bundle and has nothing to do with it, now I wonder. They mean Indie Gala just stole their game? It was DRM free no less.

I assume the game is the developer's own and various publishers just have different distribution agreements. Anuman publishes the game on GOG, for example.

Without having to bump the Fallout OT, can anyone recommend the essential New Vegas mods for a first-time player? I have a relatively new PC so I can probably handle some graphics upgrade mods. And just anything that fixes bugs/annoyances while still keeping the core game intact for someone who wants to experience it as it was meant to be experienced.

Is it bad that I'm actually interested in this? I loved London Underground on real life so this seems quite nice.

It's normal and you don't need to be ashamed of your taste in games, here in the Steam thread we're a diverse and inclusive community were we give love and attention to games that otherwise could be ignored.

Vuze

That's very odd. I just tried the trick with Portal 2 myself and it definitely still works (although I accidentally launched the game through the client first, like the dumbo that I am).

I am not worthy :(

So odd, even changed Steam to English, but no dice. I will try it on another machine later, but I doubt that's the cause.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
edited: so many RPG maker games lately, it even feels like too many, perhaps?

There's never enough RPG Maker games. Especially since most of them will wind up in bundles at some point.

Is it bad that I'm actually interested in this? I loved London Underground on real life so this seems quite nice.

Nope. It doesn't look like it's terrible. The actual tunnels themselves look kind of good in the screenshots.

Anteater

Without having to bump the Fallout OT, can anyone recommend the essential New Vegas mods for a first-time player? I have a relatively new PC so I can probably handle some graphics upgrade mods. And just anything that fixes bugs/annoyances while still keeping the core game intact for someone who wants to experience it as it was meant to be experienced.

there's this thead

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426315

I see zyklon post a shitload in there so he could probably help :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom