• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

i'm doing surprisingly well on duels in dks2, tho still getting lagstabbed every now and then

people spamming like poison hexes can go die in a fire tho, so annoying

man pvp on dark souls is like a different ball game for me, lol, I'm just not good at competitive games, I remember I was like shaking and shit everytime I finish a duel.

Arthea

Either the confirmation e-mail from the bundle site or the PayPal receipt if the bundle name is mentioned in/as the product name. You should be able to save the e-mails as HTML files which you can then add as attachments, although you'll want to edit out any personal or insecure information (e.g. when I requested Steam keys for Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land for Indie Gala gift purchases I'd forgotten about, I edited out the last five or so characters of the gift URLs as unlike profile pages it's not possible to password-protect gift pages).
Thanks Jasec, you are thorough, but what if none of those mentions the bundle title, what then?
I can't prove that I bought that particular bundle?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I was gonna buy Wolfenstein TNO with some Steam money I'd earned doing surveys and stuff (gamestop ---> steam gift card), but someone unexpectedly gifted me a copy of the game. Have $40 now, and no significant reason to wait.

I was looking at picking up Van Helsing 2, since the first game's surprisingly enjoyable, though that'd leave me with $27. Any other recommendations on how to best spend it?

Care to explain how these surveys work and where I can find them? I'd love me a legit way to earn some steam cash but I don't bother much with survey sites since most of them are scams

zkylon

zkylewd
i liked bastion, can't believe i beat it twice and like did all the challenge rooms and shit but i really liked its combat

man pvp on dark souls is like a different ball game for me, lol, I'm just not good at competitive games, I remember I was like shaking and shit everytime I finish a duel.
lol sometimes when i'm invaded by a black phantom i get a bit shaky but usually it's alright. it's not the fight itself what stresses me but not knowing where the fucker is.

but i guess playing so much league of legends gave me nerves of steel or something, fighting dudes is really no big deal :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
no currency change here. still in USD for me

I have confirmation that today was only the cut off for publishers and developers to have their pricing in the system for the new currencies. It was suggested that they will be rolling out gradually over the next few weeks(?) but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Copons

I'm with Doc.
Bastion is an ok game, with ok-to-meh controls, that after some time becomes repetitive as hell and even the novelty of the constantly creating world gets old, annnnnnnnnd basically that's it.

PS: Serious Sam makes me want to puke, literally, so I guess I belong to yet another group: "hates Bastion / hates Serious Sam".

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm with Doc.
Bastion is an ok game, with ok-to-meh controls, that after some time becomes repetitive as hell and even the novelty of the constantly creating world gets old, annnnnnnnnd basically that's it.

PS: Serious Sam makes me want to puke, literally, so I guess I belong to yet another group: "hates Bastion / hates Serious Sam".

That venn diagram is mostly covered by the one that has a union of "Derrick."

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Chronology is now available on Steam for $7.99, a discount of 20% off. The discount lasts until May 19th.

About the Game

Chronology is a mind-bending mix of puzzle, adventure and platform game where you defy time by manipulating the past and the future, in order to fix the present. Play as the Old Inventor and his sidekick The Snail, and take advantage of their special abilities - travel back and forth in time, stop time, manipulate objects and solve puzzles.

Key Features

Time changes everything - Solve puzzle by travelling back and forth in - or freezing - time
Characters with heart and soul - Switch between two lovable characters with different abilities and combine their strengths
A mind-bending story line. As the story unfolds, learn how the main character has already played a central role in shaping the future of his world
A magical, colorful, vibrant and living universe that mixes elements from different times and cultures
Amazingly animated characters, machines and creatures, inspired by Hayao Miyazaki(Howls Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro)

Coma:Mortuary, a game that made it through Greenlight, is now available for $10.99.

About the Game

Coma:Mortuary is the introduction part of a trilogy about events in the world of the dead. The game`s genre is Adventure-Ambient with Horror-quest element. The narration of a plot is done through a subtitles and an atmosphere.

This story about a guy who has lost the meaming [sic] of life because of his bride`s death.Drinking and depression made him get behind the wheel of his car and commit suicide in the same place and by the same way where she died. He survived, but fell into a coma, where his soul got into the world of the dead. Being a prosoner [sic] of this place, he keeps a diary where tells us everything about this world.

I can't wait to see if the guy can recover the meaming of life.

The Last Tinker: City of Colors is now available for $19.99.

About the Game

The Last Tinker is a joyous platformer inspired by classics such as Jak and Daxter and Banjo Kazooie. Koru, a young boy from the slums of Colortown, must rise from his humble roots to tackle the Bleakness, a dark force intent on wiping out joy. Koru must use color and emotion to restore life to Colortown!

A dark force named The Bleakness has emerged and seeks to tear the colors apart, draining all joy and life from the world. Koru, a young boy from the slums of Colortown, is forced to act. He embarks on an epic and one of a kind adventure to combat the Bleakness and to restore joy and color to his home.

louiedog

Weeklong Deals

Hmm. This forum doesn't like strikethrough tags. Pretend those numbers are striked out. I have a script that generates that bbcode automatically and i'm too lazy to change it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was going to grab another copy of Wolfenstein for a friend but GMG ended the 25% off coupon 25 minutes before they said they would(4PM UTC)

Lame!

Just a heads up, they extended their old 20% coupon and it applies to Wolfenstein. You can also use Playfire credit in conjunction with this coupon. I just bought the game for a pretty sweet price.

All later Indie gala bundles have no bundle titles in them, just numbers, I even don't know which receipt is for which bundle anymore. (._.)

I am constantly baffled how Indiegala manages to survive despite being the most poorly managed bundle site out of all the regulars.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
All later Indie gala bundles have no bundle titles in them, just numbers, I even don't know which receipt is for which bundle anymore. (._.)

Ah. The earlier ones do, but, yeah, for some asinine reason this was later ditched. Take a screenshot of your IG profile page and make sure your account name (e-mail address) is visible (zoom out a bit if the particular bundle you're after is out of immediate view).

Hmm. This forum doesn't like strikethrough tags. Pretend those numbers are striked out. I have a script that generates that bbcode automatically and i'm too lazy to change it.

Use [s]. Notepad's replace function is your friend. :p

Stitch

Gold Member
I just got a 7 day trade suspension for logging on a "new" device... The same computer and browser I've been using the past year or so while trying to trade for Unreal Deal Pack. Damnit Valve. I have Steamguard on so it would have been noticeable if someone was attempting to log onto my account so I have no idea what the issue is. :(

changed my password a week ago and also wasn't able to trade for 7 days :/

Weeklong Deals

Use instead

Edit: JaseC is too fast.

Dr Dogg

Oooooh! Cheers Nabs don't mind if I do.

I know for Humble Bundles we'd all prefer the options of direct keys but the redeem on Steam button is dead handy when buying away from a computer. Be nice if some other sites took advantage of that function, I assume it's part of the Steamworks API?

Yep just snagged that as well at £1.49. I was on the fence with Steam's launch discount but this is a no brainier at this price.

Tizoc

Any impressions on Chronology? I am rathr tempted to get it.

Also anyone got Divinity: Dragon Commander via Steam Key trading? Seems to be going for 3 TF2 keys, so $8-9.

louiedog

Use [s]. Notepad's replace function is your friend. :p

Notepad and replace? That's a couple of extra steps. It's like you didn't even read the part where I'm lazy. I'll just edit the script.

Also, thanks.

Weeklong Deals

Hydrophobia: Prophecy - 4.99 0.49
World War III: Black Gold - 4.99 0.99
World War II: Panzer Claws - 4.99 0.99
Unity of Command: Stalingrad Campaign - 19.99 3.99
The First Templar - Steam Special Edition - 19.99 4.99
Syder Arcade - 9.99 2.49
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance - 14.99 3.74
Supreme Commander - 14.99 3.74
Sonic Generations - 29.99 7.49
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - 19.99 4.99
Ship Simulator Extremes - 19.99 4.99
Sacred Citadel - 9.99 2.49
Pirates of Black Cove - 9.99 2.49
Kung Fu Strike - The Warrior's Rise - 9.99 2.49
Incoming Forces - 9.99 2.49
Guns of Icarus Online - 14.99 3.74
Frontlines™: Fuel of War™ - 19.99 4.99
Eleusis - 14.99 3.74
Violett - 9.99 3.39
Oozi: Earth Adventure - 9.99 3.39
Gas Guzzlers Extreme - 24.99 8.49
Squirt's Adventure - 9.99 3.49
Conquest of Elysium 3 - 9.99 3.49
Gravity Badgers - 4.99 1.99
Sacrifice - 9.99 4.99
Post Master - 14.99 7.49
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi - 9.99 4.99
Draw a Stickman: EPIC - 4.99 2.49
MirrorMoon EP - 9.99 5.99
Cypress Inheritance: The Beginning - 29.99 17.99
10 Second Ninja - 9.99 6.69

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Containment The Zombie Puzzler -- MB-442E81E47D438FC6 - Taken by topyy. 6 entrants total.
Savant Ascent -- MB-9B803AC04682056F - Taken by Ezalc. 4 entrants total.
MacGuffin's Curse -- MB-6A2A24934425BE72 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.

t1399916160z1.png

abracadaver

what was the red orchestra 2 multiplayer called in the steam library ? is it red orchestra multiplayer or red orchestra/rising storm multiplayer ?

I already had RO2 and just bought Rising Storm from the humble store. but it didnt add a new game to my library. I'm not sure if I already owned rising storm ?! was it included with RO2 ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Notepad and replace? That's a couple of extra steps. It's like you didn't even read the part where I'm lazy. I'll just edit the script.

Also, thanks.

Haha, I just figured it'd be quicker to use Notepad to edit your existing text than to re-generate it with the correct tag.

MUnited83

For you.
what was the red orchestra 2 multiplayer called in the steam library ? is it red orchestra multiplayer or red orchestra/rising storm multiplayer ?

I already had RO2 and just bought Rising Storm from the humble store. but it didnt add a new game to my library. I'm not sure if I already owned rising storm ?! was it included with RO2 ?

RO2 owners can play Rising Storm, but only one of the classes. If you buy Rising Storm you get access to all of them. And yes, in the library it is red orchestra/rising storm multiplayer.

Arthea

Ah. The earlier ones do, but, yeah, for some asinine reason this was later ditched. Take a screenshot of your IG profile page and make sure your account name (e-mail address) is visible (zoom out a bit if the particular bundle you're after is out of immediate view).
ya, I took screenshot, I'll e-mail it, if it won't work, no harm in trying.

I am constantly baffled how Indiegala manages to survive despite being the most poorly managed bundle site out of all the regulars.

you know Copons? Don't you sometimes wonder how he survives? It's basically the same thing, chaotic yet funny and somehow works!
sorry Copons, there was no other way to explain this (><)

Vuze

Any impressions on Chronology? I am rathr tempted to get it.

Also anyone got Divinity: Dragon Commander via Steam Key trading? Seems to be going for 3 TF2 keys, so $8-9.

Got it as review copy and it's a nice puzzle-platformer, really like the style and the chars are very cute as well. Game is fixed to render at 720p tho and looks kinda blurred on 1080p/1440p fullscreen, so I played it windowed.

-

btw, The Novelist is 2,99&#8364; (maybe 2,99$ not sure) at Humble Store, if you like "experience"-games, I can highly recommend it. https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom