• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Is steam down or something? I tried to launch Dark Souls and it gave me an error, relaunched Steam and it doesn't connect ("Steam not avaible" or something) and offline mode doesn't work?

Edit: OK, I'm not the only one.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Besides KOTOR games any of those Star Wars games worth playing today?

Republic Commando
Empire at War
The Force Unleashed I
Battlefront II
Jedi Knight series

Actually you can't go wrong with most of the Star Wars games on this sale (even the really old ones are excellent). The only 2 bad games are Force Unleashed II and Clone Wars Republic Heroes.

Grief.exe

Besides KOTOR games any of those Star Wars games worth playing today?

Of the Starwars games on sale, most would consider KOTOR I/II and Jedi Knight II/III to be must plays.

Jedi Knight II and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy were created by legendary FPS developer Raven software and have some great shooter and lightsaber combat.

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I have only heard great things about Repulbic Commando. Considered to be a must-play title? Probably not, but a great game nonetheless.

Battlefront II, Force Unleashed, and Empire at War are cool games in their own right that fill a particular niche. Worth checking out if you are interested, though I believe Force Unleashed I is locked to 30 FPS.

The Dark Forces games are probably a bit dated at this point, so I wouldn't normally recommend them unless you are specifically looking for it.

ArmsOfSorrow

Neo Member
Did anyone see that -100% on Hot Pursuit? I tried to add it to the cart, but Steam wouldn't let me.
They've corrected it in the meantime, now it says -75%.

Grief.exe

Every time a publisher sale comes up we just need to create a new banner

The featured dailies are even directly shown in the banner. Spider-man 4/1, Transformers 4/2, COD 4/3, Prototype 4/4.

i34rakHYr5gJX.png
That Spider-Man day containing one game, hilarious.

To be fair, there are only two games and one of which was released the other day.

Matchew

Thanks for the replies Grief/ Sub Zero. Already played the KOTOR games, I'll check out the Jedi Knight games. Always heard great things about those games.

hohoXD123

Steam down. Completely unable to play any of my games.

Why do people put up with this shit but were irate over the Xbox One doing the same thing?

Because they can't get over their boner for valve. At least the X1 has The Cloud®.

(◔_◔)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
When trying to launch Steam it gets stuck with a "Updating Steam information" message. It doesn't even launch in offline mode, it's just dead.

Fuck this shit, Valve. Fuck this shit.

EDIT: and just as I post this, the client opened. I forgive you, Gabe, but don't play with my emotions like that again

FYC

Banned
The original Dark Forces is a fantastic "Doom-Like". Highly recommended.

The sequel and its expansion pack are great, but you're likely to run into some technical issues on newer computers.

Matchew

Ok, just bought Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is that the one I should start off with in the series?

Dr Dogg

Because they can't get over their boner for valve. At least the X1 has The Cloud®.

(◔_◔)

Pssh who needs Clouds when we have Valve Gear Cams.

What's frustrating is that the other Star Wars RTS isn't on Steam--the one using the Age of Empires 2 engine.

What was that? Galactic Battlegrounds? I really liked the semi-grand strategy one in the late 90's that the name escapes me. You play as either the Rebellion or the Empire and the campaign played out to conquest systems to aid your conquest. Had some great elements like diplomacy with neutral systems who could act as vassals and unique elements to each faction like constructing a Death Star for the empire and having to move the fleet Capitol ships for the Rebels.

Edit: Found it. Star Wars Rebellion (or Supremacy over my way)

Majukun

is awesomenauts good?
is the only one i might even be remotely interested in the weekly bundle,I already own most of those games.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
A few more of today's releases so far:

Cinders, a visual novel, is currently 10% off for $17.99.

About the Game

Cinders is a mature take on a classic fairytale with a heavy emphasis on player choices and role playing.

Cinders is a witty young woman living with an overbearing stepmother and her two daughters, as if she was reenacting a certain well-known fairytale. But unlike its protagonist, Cinders is not afraid of taking fate into her own hands. Even if it means breaking the rules…

The game takes a look at four women and what made them who they are. It’s a story about balancing freedom and dreams with circumstance and harsh reality. About growing up and finding out the true meaning of independence. Distancing itself from the judgmental simplicity of the original, Cinders tries to explore the more complex nature of oppression, responsibility and innocence.

With 120 decision points, over 300 options to choose from, and multiple endings, Cinders gives you total control over the main character’s personality and how her story unfolds.

Haegemonia: Legions of Iron is now available for $3.34, a discount of 33%. Also available is Haegemonia: The Solon Heritage for the same price and discount. Both can be bought via a bundle for $6.02, which also has a discount of 33%.

About the Games

Legions: The year is 2104. Mars has been colonized and has decided it’s time for independence from Earth. Tensions rise until finally war is declared between the two factions. After weeks of fierce battles and heavy losses – just as humanity is in its weakest and most divided state - a cunning alien force emerges from the depths of space and threatens to take over the solar system.

The two sides must now band together, forming the Legions of Iron to fight this new enemy force. From the makers of the award-winning Imperium Galactica 1 and 2 games, discover a powerful space-opera like RTS game.

Solon: As a stand-alone expansion pack to Legions of Iron, discover new innovations and even more stunning visuals that launch the Haegemonia experience into light speed. The Solon Heritage is a multiplayer-only package with over 70 new inventions, all new skills and heroes, new spaceships and strategy options with an all-improved AI. Colonize, conquer, conduct research, trade, spy and battle it out … but be diplomatic or extinction of your race is inevitable.

Gunhound EX, a port of the PSP game, is now available for $10.04, a discount of 33%.

About the Game

Gunhound EX is the PC version of the cult PSP mech action release that pits players' armored Gunhound mechs against scores of mechanized military foes.

In the search for a new renewable resource, humanity has discovered a powerful new one: neutron polymer. Integral to the expansion of modern society, alliances form and shatter as countries jockey to get their hands on the resource. A small southeast Asian nation is in the throes of civil war, but its concentrated deposits of neutron polymer are about to make the conflict a worldwide affair.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
is awesomenauts good?
is the only one i might even be remotely interested in the weekly bundle,I already own most of those games.

I thought it was really great, but none of my friends wanted to play it, and I don't play with pubs that much these days.

edit: Steam up

Locust

These are the games I am eyeing. Please give me some advice fellow GAFers if they are worthy of my money or not.

TimeShift™
Cabela's African Adventures
Cabela's® Dangerous Hunts 2013
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

TimeShift is pretty unique, definitely worth the price. Dangerous Hunts is garbage.

Matchew

Yep.

Might as well buy Jedi Academy as these titles rarely go on sale.

Do the stories connect and continue off each other?

For some reason I'm not seeing the two games I just bought in my library to download. Guessing because steam is messed up right now, but never had this happen before.

Vuze

Anyone else having Steam hanging on this screen after the downtime a few minutes ago? Doesn't do anything

8v3FH.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still mad about the Star Wars franchise pack not going on sale ever since Disney bought (and closed) LucasArts. Sadly I missed buying it last time it went on sale, when it was $50 with a 50% discount. I mean, now that Disney owns them there's absolutely no way they'll ever...

UWCvwrG.jpg

AVGN_1.gif

That's it. I don't care if I bought Child of Light yesterday and so I won't get to play any of these games anytime soon. I'm buying this fucker right here, right now. Thank you Disney.

How do I work out if games are region locked? I'm interested in Star Wars Starfighter, Republic Hero, Force Unleashed and FU2. I'm hoping to save some money by getting them from Russian traders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom