• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurphdogg

Neo Member
Steam was up long enough to let me but Dark Souls II, but it couldn't download or launch any games.

I closed out of it and reopened by right clicking "Run as administrator" and it seems to be working fine now. :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
3 Random Things that are all important to Steam!

Vanguard Princess is having a crowd-funding campaign to add free online multiplayer DLC added to the game.

Claire, the 2D survival-horror game that takes a lot of inspiration from Rule of Rose, Silent Hill, and Alan Wake, comes to Steam this month now confirmed.

71AE6469E8B7BB12E43CC00A7CA3C66985E4444B
2554810-claire+2.jpg

And does anyone want impressions of Into The Dark, the original?

Gun & TimeShift are the two games I'm looking to buy right now. Shame I can't run Singularity, but I'll have fun with the other two.

shira

I'm still mad about the Star Wars franchise pack not going on sale ever since Disney bought (and closed) LucasArts. Sadly I missed buying it last time it went on sale, when it was $50 with a 50% discount. I mean, now that Disney owns them there's absolutely no way they'll ever...

UWCvwrG.jpg

AVGN_1.gif

That's it. I don't care if I bought Child of Light yesterday and so I won't get to play any of these games anytime soon. I'm buying this fucker right here, right now. Thank you Disney.

$3 for Kotor. Do the graphics hold up?

dani_dc

aku:jiki

Well, I guess I'm overpaying for Risk of Rain. I really do want it and, fuck it, charity and all.

It is pretty weird that they have a $9.99 game as the $10 tier though... Actually, that's very fucking weird.

Huh. I wonder exactly how many trading cards and backgrounds you get for that $20 tier. If you get all of it, especially foils, you would actually end up going positive!

kudoboi

as someone who owns NFS shift 2, should i get NFS Shift?

also, is shadowrun return any good for someone new to the genre?

Grief.exe

$3 for Kotor. Do the graphics hold up?

I think the base game still looks excellent at high-resolutions. The textures and geometry from that particular generation will always hold up in some respect.

There are plenty of visual mods available, however. I installed quite a few when I last played KOTOR.

I didn't take many screenshots during that play through, but here are a couple

Zom

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Shadows -- MB-90BDAFB2DE9B2F7A - Taken by Ingueferroque
Hamlet -- MB-D253997B51525B64 - Taken by _hekk05 - Taken by _hekk05
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space -- MB-A201DDF7AB0CD76D - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Frozen Hearth -- MB-EBC737AD8D314ADE - Taken by nexen

Two meh games and two crappy games give away!!

I kind of like it. What's wrong with it?

I really dislike chromatic aberration. It doesn't seem as agressive in here overall (maybe due to the neon green distracting me...) like in Daylight, but you can see it on the edges. I consider this filter ugly and I'm not the only one. But devs have the hots for it.

Tellaerin

That's cute. A 66% off Star Wars sale to celebrate the execution of Order 66. I wonder which Sith authorized this discount?

Saty

Eve Valkyrie, the Oculus Rift game in development by Eve Online developer CCP, will now make use of Unreal Engine 4.

CCP is demonstrating that version on the new Oculus Rift DK2 headset at Eve FanFest in Reykjavik this week. Bertie is there and tried the new Valkyrie build, which was finished moments before the show. Apparently it's a significant improvement over the GDC build which can be played on Sony's Project Morpheus headset, also at FanFest. Bertie hasn't tried both, though, so couldn't comment. But he will.

CCP also announced Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck) as the voice in your ears in Valkyrie. Specifically she'll voice Rán Kavik, who's at the heart of the game.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...game-eve-valykrie-now-runs-on-unreal-engine-4

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh. I wonder exactly how many trading cards and backgrounds you get for that $20 tier. If you get all of it, especially foils, you would actually end up going positive!

Yeah, some clarification would be nice. If you do indeed receive one of everything then you'd definitely make a profit.

Sammichu

Few extra games :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sammichu:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The 11th hour -- MB-EFD7E260CBAB871E - Taken by YianGaruga. 4 entrants total.
Abyss The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-927846A3284DD522 - Taken by DocSeuss. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Crystal Picnic (Desura) -- MB-D6A46788891B427D - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 1 entrants total.
Strategic War In Europe -- MB-89D72E7E88E9C9EC - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.

t1398972280z1.png

Dr Dogg

I really dislike chromatic aberration. It doesn't seem as agressive in here overall (maybe due to the neon green distracting me...) like in Daylight, but you can see it on the edges. I consider this filter ugly and I'm not the only one. But devs have the hots for it.

MRORANGE pointed it out a while back and I find it quite funny but all the things photographers and cinematographers try as best as they can to avoid these knock on effects in their work like CA, motion blur, knock out contrast, lens flares etc game developers are clamouring to put into their design.

Sajjaja

Grief.exe

The Moto X has some pretty solid specs for what it is trying to do. I can respect that.

I'm personally waiting for 1440p phones to drop before I upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom