• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I really need to get better at sleeping. Waking up 1AM after about 3 hours of sleep is going to mess me up eventually, or maybe I'm just at that age where sleep comes in the form of pills.

Gives me some time to knock off a few playfire awards at least. Not looking forward to play Rush Bros though. Awful awful game.

Jesb

Do you know how to pair bluetooth devices with your computer?

Download and run DS4 tool or DS4 Windows. Select HideDS4 option.
Pair the device
Turn on your DS4, allow it to connect to your computer.
Also works over USB.

I followed a guide on here about it and it wouldn't work. The DS4 will get paired than disconnects from being paired.

Dambrosi

Banned
GMG may be stocking Transistor

Gy04Pbn.png
Oh okay, fine, you've convinced me, I'll buy Transistor when/if it comes out on GMG.

Unless DreadOut comes out there too, gottsa have priorities.

I'll be taking the plunge on Transistor regardless so if you're waiting out to see I'll try and have my thoughts up as soon as I can after launch.

A small warning that I found Bastion's combat fairly unappealing and loose even with a few Tikis activated and found that in my playthrough Rucks' commentary was barely there save for plot specific points. So I will have a bit more of a tempered set of expectations than those who enjoyed Bastion far more than I did.
Sounds exactly like my experience. I'll watch out for your review post.

Man, I really need to get better at sleeping. Waking up 1AM after about 3 hours of sleep is going to mess me up eventually, or maybe I'm just at that age where sleep comes in the form of pills.

Gives me some time to knock off a few playfire awards at least. Not looking forward to play Rush Bros though. Awful awful game.
Get yourself checked out for Sleep Apnoea. I was recently diagnosed with a severe case, was/still is causing me to have blackouts during the day when at rest (sitting, standing still, etc). They say I'll need special breathing equipment at home to alleviate it - thank the Gods for the NHS, since at least I won't have to pay for it!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Anyone who has played Child of Light and Killer is Dead want to weigh in on which would be a better buy? My interest levels are about the same for bother and both with be roughly free with my Steam wallet funds from my CSGO/card hustle this week.

topyy

75 Titles Greenlit:

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257742716

Ghost Song made it

That's all I know...

new greenlit titles in bundles or free for a limit time ver 1.0

6180 the moon (Groupees:Retro Groupee 3,Indie Royale:The Debut Bundle,Devs desura giveaway)
Another Perspective (LazyGuysStudio:Night Sky,Groupees:Retro Groupee 3,The Free Bundle 8,The Freebie Bundle 5)
The Escapist (Indie Royale:The Gaming Tuesday Bundle)
The Few (GamesRage:polandball Can Into Games)
GEARCRACK Arena (Indie Royale:The Debut 12 Bundle,WGN)
The Land of Eyas (WGN?)
Man in a Maze (Groupees:Build a Greenlight Bundle 4,LazyGuysStudio:Night Sky)
Memories of A Vagabond (IndieMeadow Holiday Bundle,DailyIndieGame: DIG Super Bundle 1)
Metal Dead (Bundle In A Box:Adventure Bundle,Groupees:Build a Bundle 2,Indievania:Bundle4Dead)
Metal Planet (IndieMeadow Holiday Bundle,Indie Royale:The Debut 7 Bundle)
Noir Syndrome (Groupees:Retro Groupee 3)
Paradigm Shift (Groupees:Build a Greenlight Bundle 3,Bundle Bandits:Indie Outbreak Bundle
Rhythm Destruction (Flying Moonrise Bundle,Indie Royale:The Debut 6 Bundle,Bundle Bandits:Insanity Rush! ,DailyIndieGame: DIG Super Bundle 1,LazyGuysStudio:Night Sky)
Stained (Indie Royale:The Debut 3 Bundle)
Whitewash (Groupees:Build a Bundle 8)

**DailyIndieGame: DIG Super Bundle 1 ends in 23 hours**

Do you know how to pair bluetooth devices with your computer?

Download and run DS4 tool or DS4 Windows. Select HideDS4 option.
Pair the device
Turn on your DS4, allow it to connect to your computer.
Also works over USB.

DS4 Tool kept dropping inputs and randomly shutting off on me before resyncing. It was terrible.

Ever since I installed SCP DS3 Service to get my DS3 to work while the DS4 was trashy with DS4 Tool and I realized it would work with the DS4 as well, I've had 0 problems.

SCP DS3 Service is about a 5 minute install too and relatively painless. The only things you lose out on, which are inconsequential IMO, are the ability to monkey with the light bar color and the ability to use the touchpad as a mouse.

Poor Rush Bros.

Actually I'm not really sure where all the hate is coming from. I mean it isn't fantastic, but I thought it was kind of fair enough as a simple platform game.
Yuck no. Horrendous aesthetic, disgusting music, unresponsive controls, repetitive level design with poorly implemented and not very well thought out game and level mechanics. Even the fucking menu is a mess. It has absolutely nothing going for it.

Get yourself checked out for Sleep Apnoea. I was recently diagnosed with a severe case, was/still is causing me to have blackouts during the day when at rest (sitting, standing still, etc). They say I'll need special breathing equipment at home to alleviate it - thank the Gods for the NHS, since at least I won't have to pay for it!
Yeah, but honestly I'll probably only do a check up if it suddenly becomes a lot more severe I think. It's just too expensive and unless you're positive you have something, it's just not worth it.

yuraya

Yuck no. Horrendous aesthetic, disgusting music, unresponsive controls, repetitive level design with poorly implemented and not very well thought out game and level mechanics. Even the fucking menu is a mess. It has absolutely nothing going for it.

:( disappointed to hear rushbros is bad game. Are the achievements at least easy to obtain? or is it very grindy?

Grief.exe

I followed a guide on here about it and it wouldn't work. The DS4 will get paired than disconnects from being paired.

DS4 Tool kept dropping inputs and randomly shutting off on me before resyncing. It was terrible.

Ever since I installed SCP DS3 Service to get my DS3 to work while the DS4 was trashy with DS4 Tool and I realized it would work with the DS4 as well, I've had 0 problems.

SCP DS3 Service is about a 5 minute install too and relatively painless. The only things you lose out on, which are inconsequential IMO, are the ability to monkey with the light bar color and the ability to use the touchpad as a mouse.

DS4 Tool works fine for my set up, but development has ceased. Someone is working on an offshoot called DS4 Windows that gets consistent updates.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-yet-another-DualShock-4-driver

Nabs uses this one, I will probably update whenever I play another game that requires a controller.

Are you on Win 7?
As far as I know, the Win 7 bluetooth stack is complete garbage. I had this problem too and was so pissed that my new DS4 wouldn't stay connected that I upgraded to Win 8.1 and it's been smooth sailing since.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
:( disappointed to hear rushbros is bad game. Are the achievements at least easy to obtain? or is it very grindy?

Nay, most are beating a stage in a certain amount of time or don't come until later in the game and neither are enjoyable ideas due to just lacking controls and mechanics, no real sense of speed, and poor aesthetics in my opinion.

I could get all of them I'm sure if I forced myself to, but there would be no sense of satisfaction like doing well in Speedrunners, getting into the flow like N+, mastering a level like Super Meat Boy, or feel of accomplishment like Joe Danger. Getting "paid" to do boring, tedious, unfulfilling activity sounds like work (bad work) to me, and I'm not playing a game to work.

Strike Suit Zero on the other hand, that's good fun and all of them can be done easily really. Especially Shoot The Moon, where you just shoot the moon with a torpedo or missile on the tutorial stage.

Edit: 100 pages already? How fast these things go when having fun, wishing happy birthdays, eating poutine. and talking about PS3 titles and how nice it would be if some PC developers could afford to lose money on a game just to say "we have this game out" as a centrepiece.

Is it possible to put a steam game key to one's account , using the web account and without needing to download the PC app and installing it? Or using Steam mobile?

Jesb

Are you on Win 7?
As far as I know, the Win 7 bluetooth stack is complete garbage. I had this problem too and was so pissed that my new DS4 wouldn't stay connected that I upgraded to Win 8.1 and it's been smooth sailing since.

Ok we'll that's good to know. I am on windows 7. Not really interested in upgrading though unless it was given to me.

yuraya

Nay, most are beating a stage in a certain amount of time or don't come until later in the game and neither are enjoyable ideas due to just lacking controls and mechanics, no real sense of speed, and poor aesthetics in my opinion.

Welp I'm not all too excited for it but luckily the achievements aren't too hard. Good thing playfire gave a lot of time to complete them so don't have to rush* lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Yo, that OLED screen bro. That screen. DASCREEN.

Like, yo, legit: every game needs to be on the vita because I lack a reason to turn on dascreen currently.

But whoo-boy, once that game comes along, you know I'm gonna be blastin' electric current through that organic semiconductor compound.

All I need is the game, man.

Pachimari

Okay, I'm installing Dark Souls 1 (haven't played it before), as I'm afraid if it won't be playable after GFWL removal.

What fix do I need to add? DSFix? And how so, anywhere's there's a guide?

oipic

Strike Suit Zero on the other hand, that's good fun and all of them can be done easily really. Especially Shoot The Moon, where you just shoot the moon with a torpedo or missile on the tutorial stage.

I'm having quite a good time with Strike Suit Zero, although I'm only a few missions into it. I restarted after switching to keyboard and mouse controls, and the game finally 'clicked' for me - the gamepad experience was frustrating. I highly recommend spending some time to get used to the keyboard/mouse setup if anyone is still battling along and finding it clumsy or unintuitive with a gamepad.

Edit: 100 pages already? How fast these things go when having fun, wishing happy birthdays, eating poutine.

Rail networks and subway maps, too! One of my favourite thread diversions of late, and I learned a lot from that discussion, thanks guys.

Levyne

Banned
You might be lucky. I had zero issues with GWFL on Dark Souls 1. But I had never played a GWFL game before so I didn't have to worry about a fresh install or competing versions or what other compatibility issues people run into.

And yeah, doesn't answer that questions about what happens when it shuts down.

Dingotech

being able to play it on-the-go. with good controls (the dpad, buttons, screen on both the Vita and Shield)

suspend and resume, etc

Yep this is it for me right here!

I will definitely get a copy on Steam as well, but having it on me at all times and being able to pause-resume the game will be awesome.

I hate having to leave my PC and the game running on the current Isaac release if I need to take a break from the game.

Grief.exe

being able to play it on-the-go. with good controls (the dpad, buttons, screen on both the Vita and Shield)

suspend and resume, etc

These seem like very subjective reasons, far from the definitive way to play the game.

Use any controller you want on the PC, if you want a good Dpad plug in a DS4, WiiU Pro, or a fight stick if you are so inclined.
Screen is lower resolution than anything you would run on your PC, I would take that over any benefits of the OLED.
Suspend/Resume - alt-tab?

Truly portable experience is about the only real advantage, but that doesn't align with everyone's preferences.

legacyzero

Banned
Okay, I'm installing Dark Souls 1 (haven't played it before), as I'm afraid if it won't be playable after GFWL removal.

What fix do I need to add? DSFix? And how so, anywhere's there's a guide?

Yeah, DSFix is pretty much required if you don't want the game to look like absolute shit.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
While I am safe in yet another lottery. Can't get me yet Bad Rats.

I'm having quite a good time with Strike Suit Zero, although I'm only a few missions into it. I restarted after switching to keyboard and mouse controls, and the game finally 'clicked' for me - the gamepad experience was frustrating. I highly recommend spending some time to get used to the keyboard/mouse setup if anyone is still battling along and finding it clumsy or unintuitive with a gamepad.

The gamepad is rather off and I'm not quite sure why. Though I don't mind too much as I always try to use a flight stick and pedals when possible and that's always good fun in a Flight to mech game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rush Bros. -- MB-C8D4B6628EA19B9F - Taken by RawrDuy
From Free GMG game promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom