• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
YES!

header_292x136.jpg

Dr Dogg

The way I look at it my games bought to games finished/complete/done with is at a 2:1 ratio each year so I'm pretty good for entertainment to hold me over if a game has an exclusivity clause, even if I never buy another game again. It's never ideal but the digital space is as competitive as ever across all platforms these days that inevitable sometimes not everything is going to work out for all parties involved.

Well that would indeed be nice, but I hope that if Valve is going to hire me, they'd hurry up and do it already.

As it is, I've confirmed that I'm losing my house, and have started shopping my resume around to different companies all over the country. What this means is that there's a possibility that I'll no longer be close to the Seattle area in a few month's time.

And since my youngest kid is going into high school, I plan on staying wherever I land for at least the next 4 years, if possible.

Shit I forgot about that. Hope everything works out for you and your family. Not a lot you can do if your landlord wants to sell up. You still got that application in for Nintendo? If so good luck chap!

Knurek

Unexpectedly enough, I would be willing to play Al Emmo, it's funny and all, but GB resolution killed it for me, I can't see a bloody thing and barely read the text. This is so annoying, seriously.

Run the setup, enable advanced options, and disable borders there.
Helps a bit, not 100% perfect, but way better than what you posted.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So again, if Valve has no issues of keys bought elsewhere being activated on Steam for no cut, why would they have issues of redeeming same key to the inventory for no cut, aside from logistical concerns?

Logistical concerns cost companies like Valve money and time.

Of course, if they wanted to extend the functionality of publisher-generated keys, they could. But allowing people to redeem keys as games in the Steam inventory causes Valve to incur an actual cost, since more features are available (such as gifting, trading, etc) that shift the burden of support from the publisher or developer to Valve.

For example, right now if you attempt to redeem a key you purchased directly from a developer, and it doesn't work - do you contact Valve, or the developer? Since the developer can issue you a new key at no expense (and they're typically faster than Steam support) it makes sense to contact them and they can issue you a new key. Valve doesn't have to pay a support person to resolve your issue. Now let's suppose that you can now redeem keys directly into your Steam inventory. You buy the same key from the same developer, and try to redeem it to your Steam inventory, this time it works, but let's say now you can't trade it for some reason. Who do you contact now, Valve, or the developer? At this point, the developer has fulfilled their obligation, and you'll have to contact Valve to resolve the issue.

Please remember that Valve allowing publishers and developers to sell their games on competing websites, all while providing services to their customers at no charge, is already very generous and quite honestly industry-changing as it is. Asking for (or expecting) more functionality without Valve being compensated just doesn't make business sense.

Shit I forgot about that. Hope everything works out for you and your family. Not a lot you can do if your landlord wants to sell up. You still got that application in for Nintendo? If so good luck chap!

Thanks Dogg! I'm sure it'll all work out okay in the end.

Ruruja

Unexpectedly enough, I would be willing to play Al Emmo, it's funny and all, but GB resolution killed it for me, I can't see a bloody thing and barely read the text. This is so annoying, seriously.
a pity really, also it reminds me Larry somewhat.

behold the full screen mode

That's odd. Mine looks like this:

But stretched to fill the screen.

Wow the controls in Rush Bros are frustrating, they don't feel responsive at all and it's annoying when you miss a jump because of it. Speedrunners does a better job at being a competitive platformer.

Arthea

Run the setup, enable advanced options, and disable borders there.
Helps a bit, not 100% perfect, but way better than what you posted.

Haven't seen such an option, but then again, I'm blind. I will check again tomorrow, thanks.

That's odd. Mine looks like this:
But stretched to fill the screen.
That's what I was trying to get, but couldn't.
At least now I know it's possible

The bugged civic leader achievement for 1849 is patched. You can get it within seconds of starting the game for an easy £0.50 (start sandbox, drop the buildings, done).

Finished pixeljunk shooter. It's a solid little shooter with interestingly easy puzzles and good visuals. It's also like 3 hours long, so if you're looking for a great game that doesn't overstay its welcome then I can safely recommend giving it a go.

I wonder if they'll even bother to bring shooter 2 to the PC or just release pixeljunk shooter ultimate instead. I guess we'll see.

Jesb

So where are those drivers for the xbox one controller? I want to ditch my wired controller for wireless but waiting on drivers for this controller. What is the hold up? Is it coming this year or not?

Grief.exe

So where are those drivers for the xbox one controller? I want to ditch my wired controller for wireless but waiting on drivers for this controller. What is the hold up? Is it coming this year or not?

There are some unofficial drivers that recently became available.

Haven't heard any impressions in here as the majority of us that have upgraded are on the DS4.

You answer lies somewhere in here...

For people getting their hopes up. This is MS's various statements on their promise to PC gaming.

Sorry, but all MS is doing is blowing smoke up the ass of gullible people. So yea go ahead and get your hopes up and get excited. In a year or two when none of what they say comes to fruition...I'll pretend to act shocked.

Jesb

There are some unofficial drivers that recently became available.

Haven't heard any impressions in here as the majority of us that have upgraded are on the DS4.

I would too but for some reason it never works on my system. Bought a Bluetooth adapter for that and can't get it to work no matter how many times I try.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'll be taking the plunge on Transistor regardless so if you're waiting out to see I'll try and have my thoughts up as soon as I can after launch.

A small warning that I found Bastion's combat fairly unappealing and loose even with a few Tikis activated and found that in my playthrough Rucks' commentary was barely there save for plot specific points. So I will have a bit more of a tempered set of expectations than those who enjoyed Bastion far more than I did.

I'll be taking the plunge on Transistor regardless so if you're waiting out to see I'll try and have my thoughts up as soon as I can after launch.

A small warning that I found Bastion's combat fairly unappealing and loose even with a few Tikis activated and found that in my playthrough Rucks' commentary was barely there save for plot specific points. So I will have a bit more of a tempered set of expectations than those who enjoyed Bastion far more than I did.

I felt the same way about Bastion, so I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've been wanting to say this for a few days, bit I'm liking this trend lately of bundles with games that have games already greenlit

Grief.exe

I would too but for some reason it never works on my system. Bought a Bluetooth adapter for that and can't get it to work no matter how many times I try.

Do you know how to pair bluetooth devices with your computer?

Download and run DS4 tool or DS4 Windows. Select HideDS4 option.
Pair the device
Turn on your DS4, allow it to connect to your computer.
Also works over USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom