• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
guys, i have been banned from steam because of paypal

i have invested more than 1000$. who do i need to contact? what do i do to make my story heard from them?

it seems like paypal locked people when u add a lot of funds in a short time. thus making it temporarily locked for 24-48 hours.
and in my unfortunate events, i repeatedly want to buy and add some funds to my account, thus making my account locked permanently by valve.

<snip>

If the matter has been resolved with PayPal, contact PayPal Support and get the situation down in writing, then submit another support ticket with Valve explaining what happened, being sure to also provide a copy of PayPal's explanation, complete with the reference number so Valve can chase it up if need be.

Aaaand Watch_Dogs has now been price gouged by 20% for Australia, completing the full list of things Ubisoft could do to piss me off before releasing a game.

Well played.

I figured this would happen eventually. Glad I bought it when I did.

guys, i have been banned from steam because of paypal

i have invested more than 1000$. who do i need to contact? what do i do to make my story heard from them?

it seems like paypal locked people when u add a lot of funds in a short time. thus making it temporarily locked for 24-48 hours.
and in my unfortunate events, i repeatedly want to buy and add some funds to my account, thus making my account locked permanently by valve.

i really like to call someone from valve, is there any way?

i'm from Malaysia.
this is very sad as i have invested a lot of this steam, i would do anything to make my account tradeable again, AFAIK, i do not have problem with paypal, i have called them and resolve it.
steam support is not informative with my banning

it just tell me this

6 Message by Support Tech Fab on Wed, 21st May 2014 2:43 pm
Hello Hafez,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We have found activity in the Steam account related to fraudulent credit card use.

Per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, we have locked the account permanently. The account will not be reactivated.

The Steam Subscriber Agreement can be found at:
http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

In addition to violation of contract, said activities on the account may violate state and federal law. Valve reserves the right to refer the matter to the appropriate authorities.

can someone help me on this? who do i need to contact?
i have lost several thousand dollars on this.
sorry for long rant and post.
and bad english, its my second language.

So Paypal did nothing, like flagging your card or something?

Dr Dogg

Holy shit, Wolfenstein: New Order is awesome. Best impulse purchase I've made in a good long while.

Considering I was only expecting a okish game I'm shocked by how much fun I'm having. Really sucks for folks having issues though .

Aaaand Watch_Dogs has now been price gouged by 20% for Australia, completing the full list of things Ubisoft could do to piss me off before releasing a game.

Well played.

UbiSoft are a strange company. On one hand they'll fund projects like Child of Light and Valiant Hearts and along with the Rayman resurgence at sensible pricing also supporting new hardware launches better than any pub. Though on the other they will charge probably the highest digital prices of any publisher and have little to no regard of marginal or growth markets. The Brazilian price for Watch_Dogs (outside the glitch) is a bit bonkers but they must think they can sell it at that price.

H13

Did you tell them your situation? Closest who got contact with Valve is probably jshackles. But even he cannot help you.

I think there are some Steam representatives from Valve here
http://www.reddit.com/r/steam

Try there

thanks alot, doing it now.

If the matter has been resolved with PayPal, contact PayPal Support and get the situation down in writing, then submit another support ticket with Valve explaining what happened, being sure to also provide a copy of PayPal's explanation, complete with the reference number so Valve can chase it up if need be.

I figured this would happen eventually. Glad I bought it when I did.

I solve with paypal through phone
its just a temporary 24-48 hours lock as i put the money in the account a lot in a short time.

So Paypal did nothing, like flagging your card or something?

Paypal did something, and no, its not becouse of the money on the card.
its a temporarily lock as too many money put into it in a short time.

this is very disheartening, as i invested around 2000$ into Dota 2 trade. which to me its a lot for a student.
thanks a lot guys.

JaseC

its just a temporary 24-48 hours lock as i put the money in the account a lot in a short time.

Then contact PayPal via e-mail and get an explanation as to why your account was locked as well as confirmation that the matter has been resolved, so you can submit this (including the reference number) to Valve as evidence that there was no fraudulent activity.

Got Bioshock 2 for a ~ 5 euros, maybe could have gotten it for less eventually but I have owned Minervas Den for a long time now so it was time to get that.

H13

Then contact PayPal via e-mail and get an explanation as to why your account was locked as well as confirmation that the matter has been resolved, so you can submit this (including the reference number) to Valve as evidence that there was no fraudulent activity.

doing it now.
thanks.

JaseC

doing it now.
thanks.

The only problem I can foresee is that account deactivations may be final, regardless of whether or not the stated reason actually applies, but with any luck your ticket will land on the desk of somebody who has some common sense. ;)

H13

The only problem I can foresee is that account deactivations may be final, regardless of whether or not the stated reason actually applies, but with any luck your ticket will land on the desk of somebody who has some common sense. ;)

indeed,
i am now very shocked by this announcement.
it would be best if they have a phone number that i can call to clarify this matter.
this involve a lot of my money, and if just gone like that, oh my god. =(

Milamber

It had horrible, eye burning bloom. There's no permanent fix to the problem.
izlZYk4.png

EDIT: But wow, that sucks.

jediyoshi

sjmKsYC.png

Six hackers in twenty four hours is enough for me. Fuck this shit.

Wild. CSGO is the only CS I've yet to run into a hacker in. Though I only play competitive/operation matchmaking. With that kind of luck, you're probably not safe playing any of the other FPSs in the top 10 most-played games.

Salsa

also I guess I should download that realistic shadows mod that apparently fixes the contrast cause man these crushed blacks

Authority

Banned
Max_TCoB_XBLA_BackgroundImage.jpg

Link: Mad on Steam
Trailer: http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/2031716/movie480.webm?t=1396575559
Description:
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is a cinematic adventure filled with action-packed platforming and creative puzzle-solving. Armed with only a Magic Marker, Max must confront evil at every turn in a hostile and fantastical world in order to save his kid brother, Felix. Join Max on his great adventure!
Price: £10.99

5adcscreenshot03-613x353.png

Link: Out There Somewhere on Steam
Trailer: http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/2032485/movie480.webm?t=1400629234
Description:
This game is a small puzzle platformer, inspired by games of the 16-bit era. You play as Yuri, an astronaut armed with a teleportation device, stranded on a planet, hunting down an enemy of his fleet.
Price: £4.30

Inescapable.png

Link: Inescapable on Steam
Trailer: http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/2032462/movie480.webm?t=1400697533
Description:
Unravel the mystery uncovered by a remote interplanetary mining operation. What did they find? What threat does it pose? And ultimately, what does it truly mean to be a hero?
Price: £3.59

ASM-PAX-610.jpg

Link: Always Sometimes Monsters on Steam
Trailer: http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/2032485/movie480.webm?t=1400629234
Description:
Set out on a cross-country journey to win back the love of your life and endure the hardship of making story-defining choices that affect your life and the lives of those around you.
Price: £6.29

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit!
A Syndicate/Saboteur bundle but I only want Saboteur.

Probably just gonna get FF7, Injustice, and SFxT.

I'm usually single-player only when I play fighters(yeah I know).
SFxT would need a price-drop to get any cheaper though.

Well, this is potentially useful to both of us as I only want a copy of Syndicate.

I'm going rest for a bit, but if you're interested, send me a PM.

No problem, email Paypal support and ask them to send you a email confirming that the issues relating to Steam have been resolved and you were not at fault.

abracadaver

the amazon sale is nice

bought aliens vs predator, sniper elite nazi zombie army 2, FEAR 2 & 3, red faction armageddon and mortal kombat komplete

too bad that FEAR 1 isnt on sale. still need that game

Tizoc

Dr. Dogg, you mentioned you can provide a code/line that i can use to pre-load games to a different drive other than the C drive, mind posting that please?
My Steam folder is in my C drive so it'd be the usual C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

Dr Dogg

Dr. Dogg, you mentioned you can provide a code/line that i can use to pre-load games to a different drive other than the C drive, mind posting that please?
My Steam folder is in my C drive so it'd be the usual C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

Sure give us a tick I'm going on a break in a bit and I'll rustle up some pics.

JaseC

Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

This is easily circumvented by just adding a US-based billing address to your account and switching to it at checkout. Amazon is acutely aware that there aren't in fact hundreds of Google employees buying games; even my orders that were manually processed went through without incident, and needless to say that adding a billing address cross-check would be a trivial matter if Amazon actually wanted to dissuade people from "abusing" the loophole.

ArjanN

What were they doing? Are you positive it was hacking? Valve's games have some obsessive players that spend a lot of time honing their skills.

Yeah, that seems really high, I find hackers to be pretty rare in GO. But I also only play competitive mode.

Once you play some really high level players it can be pretty crazy though. I'll just quickly peek around this corner and..bam headshot with a pistol.

If you really think someone is cheating though just report them ingame.

JaseC

I'd happily throw $22.50 Amazon's way if it actually included a Steam-friendly key for Arkham Asylum vanilla.

I'd happily throw $22.50 Amazon's way if it actually included a Steam-friendly key for Arkham Asylum vanilla.

What do you mean by steam-friendly key?

I have a vanilla AA back home, as I bought a retail version back in 2009. I never redeemed the game on Steam (I just bought it again a couple of years ago) either, after they removed GFWL (I think I never even registered it on GFWL).

Unfortunately I'll have access to it in August. If you can wait, and can find out whether the code is the one you're looking for, it's yours.

JaseC

With or without Wheelman, Blur and Outrun 2006?

Preferably with but I'd accept without. ;)

What do you mean by steam-friendly key?

I have a vanilla AA back home, as I bought a retail version back in 2009. I never redeemed the game on Steam (I just bought it again a couple of years ago) either, after they removed GFWL (I think I never even registered it on GFWL).

Unfortunately I'll have access to it in August. If you can wait, and can find out whether the code is the one you're looking for, it's yours.

The GFWL redemption subs for Asylum vanilla no longer contain the original version of the game. This was the intention initially, but the key redemption issues people were having gave enough time for WB to change its mind. I submitted a support ticket to WB, but was just told that the GOTY Edition is the only version available, and I even tried hitting up Andy (GAF's Nvidia rep), however, unsurprisingly, Nvidia's supply had run dry long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom