• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have now installed to games to Steam from disc. Fallout: New Vegas and Wolfenstein: New Order. Both experiences where painless and pretty much exactly like any other physical media install I've ever done over the years.

I'm not expecting BD-ROM to be used for games at all. They're great for films/shows because streaming has poor quality audio, and only decent video when compared to high bit rate video and lossless audio on BD. Games are the same, whether on disk or DD.

Games are the same, it's the internet and internet service that is and will be the issue.

HoosTrax

Just finished Hexcells Plus, which I was gifted by a kind Gaf'er who saw it on my wishlist -- think it's in some bundle or other right now. Definitely a lot more challenging than the first game. I finished that one in 3 hours and this one took me 12 hours, although it does have a few more levels in total. The game still starts by introducing the basic game mechanics, so it can be played without having played the first game, but ramps up the difficulty much faster. By the second act, the puzzles are about the same level of challenge as the last level of Hexcells non-Plus.

Whenever I see clever puzzles in a game, I have to give kudos to the designer. As hard as the puzzles are to me as a player, I can only imaging how much more thought went into designing those puzzles to begin with.

Cth

Sorry but I did not understand your reference.

She is pretty though, like taken from a FF series ~

Basically, everyone for a while started wearing Saoirse avatars confusing everybody :D Just wondered how many other Soundwave avatars there are in the thread now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
well.. i guess at least valve improved on the enhanced steam price feature. I just noticed that it indicates the volume sold as well which AFAIK was not in enhanced steam

True, but the volume data wasn't previously available publicly before they made the update (without scraping the quantity sold data for an entire month).

But, it's good that they implemented it, it was a really popular feature.

jediyoshi

I uninstalled GR: Future Soldier after minutes, boring brown bro cover shooter bores me.

It's got plenty of colour, it just tends to stick to its colour palette from environment to environment. Not sure if boring and cover shooter is supposed to be redundant there though.

Caerith

That seems a likely candidate.

There's a good reason I don't wander outside of the few threads I actually like. I might start posting all sorts of inflammatory ideas and end up banned.

I still remember that time I wandered into the thread about the NT forums closing and walked out with a ban. I still do not agree with that one.

I'd install Enhanced GAF if a) it was a real thing and b) it implemented some variation of Good Judgement,

Miguel81

You got a problem with gingers, buddy? >_<

And yeah, the jumping and platforming is wonky, but it's a pretty solid Metroidvania type title and they got the combat to translate pretty well, IMO.

I have the Nordic, blonde Simon from the NES/SNES covers imprinted in my head.

Chris Hemsworth would be an approximate example(just exchange the hammer for a whip):
Fmb9l1E.jpg

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Greetings comrades and capitalist pigs alike! The Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK, Kim Jong Un, commands your to stop playing inferior western games and take up arms in defense of our great nation. Glorious Leader!, a stunning marvel of cutting-edge 16-bit graphics and sound, charts the incredible, but true tale of the defeat of the entire imperialist American army at the hands of Kim Jong Un.

rUn 'n' gun your way through 7 levels set in our superior country as you defeat waves of enemies and overcome gigantic bosses. Ride unicorns and narwhal (the unicorn of the sea), obtain bigger and more powerful weapons, and shoot hoops with your Glorious BFF!

Glorious Leader! is scheduled for release in 2014 on PC.

637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage

I need this to make it through Greenlight.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Can someone help me with in home streaming? I can get video and controls but no matter what I try I can't get audio to come through.

alstein

I don't know if the gaming industry will bother to switch away from using DVD's with physical media PC games since selling things like music, movies and games on little plastic discs seems to be going the way of the Dodo. Although maybe Bluray will become the new standard if the FCC helps ruin the internet.

Every day is great in your Steam thread?

Yeah, the internet ruining is the biggest threat to gaming today. I think eventually the good guys win on this one, but we might have some real nightmare years.

I'm convinced Steam will be the next big target after Netflix, but I can see Gabe fighting back on principle.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just don't know how anyone could like that ending and the suicide mission at all. It's all pointless. You have to actively TRY to get people killed from my experience. And in the very end of everything, after you destroy
The terminator baby thing you pretty much are back at square one. It's like one of those kids cartoons where a villian shows up, the team foils the villains plan, and nothing really advances the overarching story. Furthermore, none of the "choices" you make in ME1 have any real effect on ME2 and none of the choices in ME2 really have much of an effect on ME3. Bioware did the choices better with DA:O, that's for sure.
kinda late but i used to have your opinion prior to playing me2 for a second time

even tho i think me2 is a serious letdown after the promise that me1 showed, i actually really enjoyed suicide mission, even if i set some of my characters up for death since i wasn't doing an ocd run on my second playthrough

in general i think me2 for all of its shortcomings still let me roleplay as captain kirk even if choices didn't matter and story was garbage

it's my big problem with me3, it's not really that your choices don't matter, but that you're not even allowed to make them

Grief.exe

is anyone having trouble running Transistor? sorry to tech-support up the thread

Apparently there are some technical issues for it, Supergiant have already put out 3 or 4 patches to try and correct some of the problems that are cropping up.

I would suggest
Clean install of graphics drivers
Verify cache
Disable Steam Overlay
Run in Offline mode

If none of that works, I would suggest backing up your save (Steam/userdata/<user-id>/237930/) and redownloading the game.

Here is a technical FAQ Greg posted http://steamcommunity.com/app/237930/discussions/0/558756256586842153/

kinda late but i used to have your opinion prior to playing me2 for a second time

even tho i think me2 is a serious letdown after the promise that me1 showed, i actually really enjoyed suicide mission, even if i set some of my characters up for death since i wasn't doing an ocd run on my second playthrough

in general i think me2 for all of its shortcomings still let me roleplay as captain kirk even if choices didn't matter and story was garbage

it's my big problem with me3, it's not really that your choices don't matter, but that you're not even allowed to make them

I've played through ME2 more times than I want to count. 4+, probably. I 100% it on both x360 and PS3. And my opinion of the suicide mission has pretty much only worsened. They had some pretty good combat mechanics and refined them into something neat with the multiplayer in ME3, but the story in ME2 will always be a letdown to me.

---

Random Dark Souls weapon question...

I just had jolly co-op with a dude who was rocking something that looked kind of like a spear, but when he swung it two handed, he was doing all sorts of bo staff like moves, almost like the twin blade, I think? Can someone tell me what weapon this is?

Random Dark Souls weapon question...

I just had jolly co-op with a dude who was rocking something that looked kind of like a spear, but when he swung it two handed, he was doing all sorts of bo staff like moves, almost like the twin blade, I think? Can someone tell me what weapon this is?
Santier's Spear, popular weapon that has a versatile moveset and infinite durability. You get it in one of the Pharros locks in Doors of Pharros.

Knurek

System Shock 1 is coming, this was posted on Night Dive FB page:

We just picked up a box copy of System Shock and it still had the order form for other Origin games in the box! Gave us an idea...what would happen if we charged $79.95 for the re-release?

10363411_411561265652633_6427756410860009355_n.jpg

Santier's Spear, popular weapon that has a versatile moveset and infinite durability. You get it in one of the Pharros locks in Doors of Pharros.

Ok, I have that... I just don't normally use spears... I'm well-versed in katanas and use(d) a few others to compliment (fire longsword, heide knight sword, moonlight greatsword, mace).

Off to look up the reqs for it. It probably requries too much strength.

My coop weapon of choice. Wear full Havel's armour and associated rings, walk up to the other player and let them hit you.

Laugh as it does no damage and unleash a full combo back at them.

Off to look up the reqs for it. It probably requries too much strength.

Only 20 str 22 dex. Be aware that you need to
break it before it is useful (Attack some dead bodies until it shatters). It'll then unlock the moveset and infinite durability.

My coop weapon of choice. Wear full Havel's armour and associated rings, walk up to the other player and let them hit you.

Laugh as it does no damage and unleash a full combo back at them.

Only 20 str 22 dex. Be aware that you need to
break it before it is useful (Attack some dead bodies until it shatters). It'll then unlock the moveset and infinite durability.

That's what the dude helping me out was wearing -- havel's main armor and this spear. It seems I'm missing 2 strength. I could probably just go soul vessel it and figure out two stats to drop by 2 points to gain access to it...

I wonder if I could siphon enough points off some other stats (comfortably) to get my strength to 25 so I could use the black dragon greatsword I worked hard to get too. ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You can pre-order Middle-erf now. The sub's been up for a few days but initially its status wasn't changed so any attempts to buy it just resulted in a transaction error.

Nah it's just Jace and a couple others around here have a somewhat disturbing obsession with her. It has become sort of a running gag so when things get slow around SteamGAF things tend to veer into the realm of super creepy.

Haha, I assure you, the closest thing I have to a picture of her in my room is my Hanna BD.

That seems a likely candidate.

There's a good reason I don't wander outside of the few threads I actually like. I might start posting all sorts of inflammatory ideas and end up banned.

I post in whatever thread I want because I don't have the desire to be a dick about every disagreement like some :p
not you

Always Sometimes Monsters is really neat so far, really intrerested to see how it ends. The opening chapter is by the most clever way of handling avatar/main character choice I've seen in a game.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody not getting achievements right now? I should have gotten several in Chompy Chomp Chomp but nada. :(

Haha, I assure you, the closest thing I have to a picture of her in my room is my Hanna BD.

Having only one picture in your room isn't much of a defense when you have 10TB worth of pics of her on your hard drives.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Always Sometimes Monsters is really neat so far, really intrerested to see how it ends. The opening chapter is by the most clever way of handling avatar/main character choice I've seen in a game.

So far it's been a great game (I'm only two hours in at this point), from the opening segment to the avatar selection to some of the events that have happened up until now.

I dread seeing the price of the Sonic pack because I know I'll be tempted to buy it.

It's not as cheap as the Humble store had it, thankfully, so it will be easier to resist.

12 hours to go until two new humble bundles release. I can't wait to see how disappointing one is compared to the other.

Dammit!
A Syndicate/Saboteur bundle but I only want Saboteur.

Probably just gonna get FF7, Injustice, and SFxT.

I wish sfxt would be at like 5 bucks, only really want to mess around with the single player
I'm usually single-player only when I play fighters(yeah I know).
SFxT would need a price-drop to get any cheaper though.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
How can a game where you play as Jeff Bridges only be two dollars?

Tellaerin

As disappointed as I was in ME3, I'm still very much looking forward to ME4 (or whatever they're gonna call it). I love the ME universe and the idea of getting to visit new planets, have new adventures and meet a new cast of characters has me very excited. Hopefully they'll learn from the ME 1-2-3 trilogy and have choices that really do matter and lead to branching paths... and if not, then be straightforward about it and don't try to bullshit your players about how your choices matter just a month before ME3 came out.

Also, lol title change.

What they really need to do is nail down a rough outline for the arc of the next three games well ahead of time, and then stick to it. Implementing something like the suicide mission in ME2 without considering how it would affect the development in ME3 is not the way to do things. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom