• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I appreciate the keys, guys! But I'm going to buy a copy of They Breathe to support a fellow GAFer. Best of luck guys.

Any desires to bring this to other platforms?

Well, the game is already out on 360 (on XBLIG). We have no current plans to bring it to other platforms, but to quote our game designer. "a mobile version would be nice". :)
We are also releasing another game called Residue on Steam pretty soon (probably sometimes this summer), a more ambitious game and very different from They Breathe in many ways. It's already out on Desura, but we've made a lot of improvements for the Steam release.

Just noticed the PM. Thank you very much, really appreciate it! Gonna try it tomorrow. Also our usernames are kinda similar. :D

Haha indeed, hope you like it. :)

Evrain

Hi, I'm part of a dev team called The Working Parts, and we just released our first game on Steam, called They Breathe!

The game is an atmospheric, experimental indie title about a frog. It has no on-screen user interface, no dialogues - it's a very 'pure' experience. Don't want to give away too much, since part of the fun is exploring the game on your own. It takes about 30 mins to play through, with a price-point of $1.99/€1.49/£1.49. The game has been available through Xbox Live Indie Games and Desura before, but we've made some improvements to the Steam version and added achievements and cards. And it works great with a 360 controller.

But anyway, after 14+ years of being a NeoGAF member I wanted to give something back to the community.
So I've decided to give away 25 Steam codes for They Breathe in this thread (and 25 in the indie games thread, just to balance things out). Quote to reveal! And would be nice if you pointed out which code you've taken as well.
Didn't snag one, but thanks anyway for the giveaway :)
P.S.: about CoH2, apparently they have a "base game DLC". Now I think I've seen it all.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm interested, but that price. £37 on UK Steam. Not really sure what they were thinking.

DWCollectionArt2Medium.png

It includes the base game along with all of its expansions, should probably mention that.

Universe includes the Original Distant Worlds, Return of the Shakturi, Legends, Shadows and the new Universe expansion!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I'm back. As you may or may not know, I behaved in a stupid and inappropriate way two weeks ago. I didn't really mean to say what I said the way I said it, but that doesn't change the fact that I said it anyway, and I want to apologize for that. I am sorry for writing that stupid post and attacking a fellow GAFfer instead of the argument they were making. I've shown I'm a terrible poster, and I can't change that. However, what I can and will do is try my best so it won't happen again in the future, because you don't deserve some fool like me coming here and posting stupid stuff. So yeah, I sincerely regret doing what I did, and not because of the ban (after all, 14 days isn't long), but because I finally exposed (to you and to myself) how ugly of a person I am deep inside, and I behave badly upon a community I respect and care so much about. I am sorry, guys, I really am.

And here's a little song I've recently fallen in love with. This one's on the house.

I just happy it wasn't a permaban. Welcome back!

I'm interested, but that price. £37 on UK Steam. Not really sure what they were thinking.

That's understandable. Matrix/Slitherine has always tended towards higher prices, and the summer sale is not far off.

However, it should also be noted that this is the complete package consisting of the base game plus all four expansions. And it's a damn fine game developed mostly by one person, which has been well-supported since its original release.

Zafir

DWCollectionArt2Medium.png

It includes the base game along with all of its expansions, should probably mention that.
Yeah, true.
That's understandable. Matrix/Slitherine has always tended towards higher prices, and the summer sale is not far off.

However, it should also be noted that this is the complete package consisting of the base game plus all four expansions. And it's a damn fine game developed mostly by one person, which has been well-supported since its original release.
Fair enough, I haven't really heard of the developer before to be honest, which was also what made the price so shocking.

Authority

Banned
Everyone asking for commentary: I don't do commentary as I just want to play the game and some people just want to watch the game be played as it is.

If you want people to talk over important cutscenes, try to be funny and scream your ears off, it isn't hard to find the 5 million channels that do just that.

If you want pure gameplay walkthroughs that I put up early for one of this year's biggest games in its entirety, then watch me.

I love this man.

tumblr_n070eq3qp41sdpa88o1_250.gif

The gameplay you will never see

Is this Assassin's Creed 3?

Anyhow, Batman in Origins is always pissed off. The only thing he is missing is turning Green. I was so anxious that I would hate it because I loved the previous Batman games but I am glad I picked it up.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Just got my Defense Grid 2 Beta key...

It's finally happening! :D

That Kickstarter was two years ago... damn, time flys...

Yeah, it was updated on May 16th.

Aren't you in the group?

Not sure what someone would do if they stole my avatar, then.

Yes, I'm in the group -- but I thought Bernardo might be asking because you were prepping another new update to go along with the new 6.2 chrome release. ;)

--

Second playthrough in a row where I go to the
Shrine of Winter
and get told "Seek Stronger Souls."

Feels bad, man.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
How did you get the game to end?
I'm at the bottom surface, just did the 5 or 6 jellyfish wave and now nothing's happened for like 5mins

Could be a bug (really sorry if that's the case), in earlier builds
some enemies would get stuck at the edge of the screen. You could try swim around the edge of the screen, or restart the wave

Ruruja

Could be a bug (really sorry if that's the case), in earlier builds
some enemies would get stuck at the edge of the screen. You could try swim around the edge of the screen, or restart the wave

I restarted the wave and came to the same issue. I'll try again tomorrow. I enjoyed looking at the background during that time though, kinda creepy. :p

Cheddahz

Banned
Killer is dead is rad as shit so far

should be called Killer is rad

as shit

I played it last year on my 360 and I thought it was rad as hell when I played it (hell, it was one of my favorite games last year). It's cool to see that more people get to finally play it (though it sucks that the port for it was lazy)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I really liked They Breathe, a nice short and sweet experience that I do believe I'll now buy a copy for to give to a friend. Good work to you and the rest of the team Kiriku.

Love the enemies, especially the card for them.

Tellaerin

Hey guys, I'm back.

Don't be too hard on yourself, man - even good people have their bad moments, and you're definitely good people. It was nice of you to come back bearing gifts, but having your company again is the nicest gift of all.

Welcome back, Steambro. : ) We missed you.

Salsa

It's cool to see that more people get to finally play it (though it sucks that the port for it was lazy)

port is fine, there's an .ini file to put whatever resolution and framerate you want

lacks graphical options but people are playing it downsampling 4k at 120fps and it looks gorgeous

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I restarted the wave and came to the same issue. I'll try again tomorrow. I enjoyed looking at the background during that time though, kinda creepy. :p

Did you
let the jellyfish things absorb the dead frogs
at the bottom?

That's how I got to the ending.

saunderez

Is anyone else having trouble downloading from Steam right now? Games will start downloading but will eventually drop down into the Update Required (not queued) category and then sit there doing nothing. It's getting really frustrating because I'm trying to download Killer is Dead and its stopping every couple of hundred megabytes.

Tenrius

Finished They Breathe. Good Lord, this game has disturbing imagery.
Especially when you realize that all the cute moose are actually those scary jellies with dead frogs attached to them. And that thing in the end is just ughh.
Pretty cool game though. Let's see what the hidden gallery has to offer.

Spare from the only good bundle Humble has put out all week.

ModBot said:
Instructions for MMBosstones86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Divinity II: The Developer's Cut -- MB-55E706C172C07C19 - Taken by Servizio. 1 entrants total.

t1400894866z1.png

Well, what do you know. Was joking with a friend earlier that there would be a secret 2012 switch in Watch_Dogs somewhere, and turns out there actually is! Someone at Ubi forgot to change a line from console to PC in one of the config files, and the new screenshots are fairly amazing

Tenrius

Half the price in Russiabucks, no region locks.

Distant Worlds: Universe is the newest chapter of this critically acclaimed sci-fi series, adding incredible new features and an exciting new storyline. Universe is also the ultimate collector’s edition, the first time all previous Distant Worlds releases have been included in one package, along with an updated manual and greatly expanded modding support.

I have never heard of this critically acclaimed sci-fi series. Is anyone else familiar with it?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Hi, just writing to say all the other codes have apparently been used. Neat little game though, and thanks for the giveaway.

Thanks!
And if there's anyone who still wants a steam code for They Breathe but missed out, send me a PM and I'll hook you up.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Amazing generosity right here folks.

Thank you so much! That is really awesome of you. :)

Well, I would rather have people trying the game out than not giving it a chance at all. Doesn't really matter if you end loving or hating it (well, I hope you get some kind of enjoyment out of it, but still), just glad to see people giving it a shot. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same thing with the next Steam game we're releasing later this year. And sorry for disrupting the thread with all of these codes, didn't want to start a new thread so I thought this was the best way (I'm kind of new at this).

Zafir

Assassins Creed IV didn't run that badly. It just had some insanely costly features which you don't really need anyway. Like God Rays, and the higher AA offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom