• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Shop it out.

69EoqaO.jpg

:)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I'm back. As you may or may not know, I behaved in a stupid and inappropriate way two weeks ago. I didn't really mean to say what I said the way I said it, but that doesn't change the fact that I said it anyway, and I want to apologize for that. I am sorry for writing that stupid post and attacking a fellow GAFfer instead of the argument they were making. I've shown I'm a terrible poster, and I can't change that. However, what I can and will do is try my best so it won't happen again in the future, because you don't deserve some fool like me coming here and posting stupid stuff. So yeah, I sincerely regret doing what I did, and not because of the ban (after all, 14 days isn't long), but because I finally exposed (to you and to myself) how ugly of a person I am deep inside, and I behave badly upon a community I respect and care so much about. I am sorry, guys, I really am.

But I don't want to get too meta here. There's another thing I wanted to say: I'm back, and this time I come with some games. Yeah, they are all bundle stuff that you probably already have 2 or 3 copies of, but some of these titles are still great, and maybe there's someone who doesn't have them. Think of this as a way of trying to make it up to all of you. That said, I don't want you to think I'm making a not-so-subtle attempt at buying your forgiveness, oh no! So feel free to keep on thinking I'm a fool and I suck, after all I do it too!

I believe none of the keys are used, but if one is, I apologize in advance. Some games are from Humble Bundles and I've never given away any of those since the system changed from keys to URLs, so I may have messed something up; in that case hit me up via PM (you can also hit me with a hammer, if that's what you want) and I'll send you the right link. And if you end up grabbing Hacker Evolution Duality, I have four extra pieces of DLC I can give you, so just PM me and I'll send them your way.

Feel free to enter for however many games you want, but also take your fellow GAFfer into consideration and don't be greedy. But most important of all, have fun!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 41 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zero Gear -- MB-57A63F9CD353A4E2 - Taken by arts&crafts. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-81B49213697AA785 - Taken by Vazduh. 4 entrants total.
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-FB443891CC84CD94 - Taken by FauX. 5 entrants total.
Aveyond: Lord of Twilight -- MB-E9922DE2FA328797 - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-9B00A21659EEAB73 - Taken by pupo. 1 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-05E824EDA49CC8E7 - Taken by PossumMeat. 3 entrants total.
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-A0945953EFFAEC80
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-ECC6A5E529EC49BA - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 4 entrants total.
Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-EE7F60708CEB908E - Taken by pupo. 5 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-BC060343AE55FD5A - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 2 entrants total.
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 -- MB-0A81C3A01462470B - Taken by Lomax. 3 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-8B15B1A292E81A91 - Taken by Sorairo. 2 entrants total.
Pressure -- MB-97DF8BB77BE91AA6 - Taken by Dambrosi. 3 entrants total.
Thunder Wolves -- MB-6165D29618B7744F - Taken by Jag. 3 entrants total.
Postal -- MB-77DA5E4039B00B88 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-A5E4AC87FD612282 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 5 entrants total.
Inversion -- MB-6468B2FB224D96BA - Taken by drakaenae. 4 entrants total.
Joe Danger 2: The Movie -- MB-3A3CCA91D65B4415 - Taken by Oreoleo. 5 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-6E85679FDB939BCC - Taken by Sub Zero. 2 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-C84A755D37F30D56 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-B2066D5BF1CDFBEA - Taken by Sub Zero. 3 entrants total.
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World -- MB-8E41D7002F9A7011 - Taken by Darkroronoa. 2 entrants total.
Little Inferno #2 -- MB-8A69EC8E723E2972 - Taken by pupo. 3 entrants total.
Shattered Haven -- MB-A66758AFC602D381
Papo & Yo -- MB-7293DE77F1FBC129 - Taken by Skyzard. 5 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-043200553A9D3B2A - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
Star Wolves 3 -- MB-A542813CB9393935 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 5 entrants total.
Metal Drift -- MB-1597561491A550C2 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Aerena -- MB-0243D9DE913C5EA9
The Shivah -- MB-8B5678025BAD9335 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 9 entrants total.
To the Moon -- MB-E5782DE20D0F2408 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Sequence -- MB-4ACE0EB9C194B4D0 - Taken by Tellaerin. 4 entrants total.
Blockland -- MB-77BF0C2DD02DFAED - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
The 39 Steps -- MB-F4AA11F95CA061AF - Taken by En Ex. 1 entrants total.
Pid -- MB-58C906BD63A91E46
Bit.Trip Runner -- MB-30FD83A9D8FAA6F5 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Arma: Cold War Assault -- MB-F61FE7458FFE8E2F - Taken by cardinalmind. 1 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-990E053BC217EC48 - Taken by EdmondD. 8 entrants total.
1000 Amps -- MB-94039D8D55F47DD8 - Taken by Evrain. 6 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-A4C95E52D7F79413 - Taken by PossumMeat. 3 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-B76D47498F4D9A87 - Taken by Madridista. 3 entrants total.

t1400898936z1.png

And here's a little song I've recently fallen in love with. This one's on the house.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome version 6.2 has been released.

Changes in this version include:

• Added option to set which homepage tab displays by default
  • Rewrote custom profile background selection dialog
  • Added a link to a game's AStats page in the achievement section on app pages
  • Added support for Humble Widgets in price comparisons
  • Fixed a bug where Legend of Grimrock store page could inadvertently show incorrect DRM warnings
  • Removed market data on inventory items, as this feature was implemented by Valve
  • Removed achievement section on app pages, as this was re-implemented by Valve

If you already have Enhanced Steam installed, it should update within the next 60 minutes. As always, let me know if you have any issues with this version.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Hi, I'm part of a dev team called The Working Parts, and we just released our first game on Steam, called They Breathe!

The game is an atmospheric, experimental indie title about a frog. It has no on-screen user interface, no dialogues - it's a very 'pure' experience. Don't want to give away too much, since part of the fun is exploring the game on your own. It takes about 30 mins to play through, with a price-point of $1.99/€1.49/£1.49. The game has been available through Xbox Live Indie Games and Desura before, but we've made some improvements to the Steam version and added achievements and cards. And it works great with a 360 controller.

But anyway, after 14+ years of being a NeoGAF member I wanted to give something back to the community.
So I've decided to give away 25 Steam codes for They Breathe in this thread (and 25 in the indie games thread, just to balance things out). Quote to reveal! And would be nice if you pointed out which code you've taken as well.

Hey guys, I'm back. As you may or may not know, I behaved in a stupid and inappropriate way two weeks ago. I didn't really mean to say what I said the way I said it, but that doesn't change the fact that I said it anyway, and I want to apologize for that. I am sorry for writing that stupid post and attacking a fellow GAFfer instead of the argument they were making. I've shown I'm a terrible poster, and I can't change that. However, what I can and will do is try my best so it won't happen again in the future, because you don't deserve some fool like me coming here and posting stupid stuff. So yeah, I sincerely regret doing what I did, and not because of the ban (after all, 14 days isn't long), but because I finally exposed (to you and to myself) how ugly of a person I am deep inside, and I behave badly upon a community I respect and care so much about. I am sorry, guys, I really am.

But I don't want to get too meta here. There's another thing I wanted to say: I'm back, and this time I come with some games. Yeah, they are all bundle stuff that you probably already have 2 or 3 copies of, but some of these titles are still great, and maybe there's someone who doesn't have them. Think of this as a way of trying to make it up to all of you. That said, I don't want you to think I'm making a not-so-subtle attempt at buying your forgiveness, oh no! So feel free to keep on thinking I'm a fool and I suck, after all I do it too!

I believe none of the keys are used, but if one is, I apologize in advance. Some games are from Humble Bundles and I've never given away any of those since the system changed from keys to URLs, so I may have messed something up; in that case hit me up via PM (you can also hit me with a hammer, if that's what you want) and I'll send you the right link. And if you end up grabbing Hacker Evolution Duality, I have four extra pieces of DLC I can give you, so just PM me and I'll send them your way.

Feel free to enter for however many games you want, but also take your fellow GAFfer into consideration and don't be greedy. But most important of all, have fun!

Welcome back, and awesome giveaway dude!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Welcome back RionaaM, don't go away again.

Hi, I'm part of a dev team called The Working Parts, and we just released our first game on Steam, called They Breathe!

But anyway, after 14+ years of being a NeoGAF member I wanted to give something back to the community.
So I've decided to give away 25 Steam codes for They Breathe in this thread (and 25 in the indie games thread, just to balance things out). Quote to reveal! And would be nice if you pointed out which code you've taken as well.

19. G367C-83Z46-HTI72

What a great surprise. Thank's mate for #19 code and I'll get around to playing it right now.

Also looking forward to Residue when that comes out.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

And saved for future use.

• Added option to set which homepage tab displays by default

It's little things like this that make Enhanced Steam so much better than normal Steam. I'm not sure why Valve just didn't include something like this in the first place (or if they did I don't know about it), some users want to see the new releases tab.

Hey guys, I'm back.

Welcome back.

Congrats! Not taking any of the keys, but it's always good to see another interesting game make it to Steam.

Kiru

The game is an atmospheric, experimental indie title about a frog. It has no on-screen user interface, no dialogues - it's a very 'pure' experience. Don't want to give away too much, since part of the fun is exploring the game on your own. It takes about 30 mins to play through, with a price-point of $1.99/€1.49/£1.49. The game has been available through Xbox Live Indie Games and Desura before, but we've made some improvements to the Steam version and added achievements and cards. And it works great with a 360 controller.

In moments like these I wish steam had a browser key activation. I'm on mobile and gonna miss out... :(

Zafir

Welcome back!

The game is an atmospheric, experimental indie title about a frog. It has no on-screen user interface, no dialogues - it's a very 'pure' experience. Don't want to give away too much, since part of the fun is exploring the game on your own. It takes about 30 mins to play through, with a price-point of //£1.49. The game has been available through Xbox Live Indie Games and Desura before, but we've made some improvements to the Steam version and added achievements and cards. And it works great with a 360 controller.

Wow, thanks for the generous giveaway! I took number 18.

oipic

Hey guys, I'm back.

Yay! Welcome back, Rio - great to have you back on deck. You are one of the true gentleman posters here, so your one indiscretion is nothing to beat yourself up about, and I'm sure all is forgiven (if indeed anyone had their nose out of joint at all, that is).

SteamGAF is all the better for your return, so just don't disappear again, y'hear? :)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on any games you've played during your absence, if and when you have the time, old chap.

Thanks, Kiriku, and congrats on getting your first game onto Steam! No. 9 was available, thank you very much - will check it out soon. :)

mrgone

Thanks very much for the giveaway! <3

I snagged number 3 from this list. Much appreciated!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

It's always good when we have indie devs posting at this thread. Hope your game does very well as it looks pretty interesting. Oh and thanks for the generous giveaway, I took #14, will try the game tomorrow :)

MUnited83

For you.

Took number 21. Thanks a lot!

The game is an atmospheric, experimental indie title about a frog. It has no on-screen user interface, no dialogues - it's a very 'pure' experience. Don't want to give away too much, since part of the fun is exploring the game on your own. It takes about 30 mins to play through, with a price-point of $1.99/&#8364;1.49/£1.49. The game has been available through Xbox Live Indie Games and Desura before, but we've made some improvements to the Steam version and added achievements and cards. And it works great with a 360 controller.

I snatched up lucky #13. Thanks for the giveaway, congrats on the release, and good luck going forward.

EDIT: Also, not sure if anyone is interested, but it looks like two games from my giveaway last month went unclaimed. So if you want them, feel free to quote and grab them:

Fez:

Thomas Was Alone:

Nabs

Thanks. I took 24.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

The game is an atmospheric, experimental indie title about a frog. It has no on-screen user interface, no dialogues - it's a very 'pure' experience. Don't want to give away too much, since part of the fun is exploring the game on your own. It takes about 30 mins to play through, with a price-point of $1.99/&#8364;1.49/£1.49. The game has been available through Xbox Live Indie Games and Desura before, but we've made some improvements to the Steam version and added achievements and cards. And it works great with a 360 controller.

Hey man, thanks a lot for this! Congrats on getting your game on Steam :)

I took key #11, I hope you don't mind. I'm going to try it later tonight, and post some impressions here.

Yay! Welcome back, Rio - great to have you back on deck. You are one of the true gentleman posters here, so your one indiscretion is nothing to beat yourself up about, and I'm sure all is forgiven (if indeed anyone had their nose out of joint at all, that is).

SteamGAF is all the better for your return, so just don't disappear again, y'hear? :)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on any games you've played during your absence, if and when you have the time, old chap.
Thanks a lot to everyone for their welcomes, they are really appreciated <3

I've been playing some Pokemon Y these last few days, trying to get every starter by using GTS (I did it!), and also caught Zapdos. Now I need to get Mewtwo and... Oh, you meant Steam? Mmm, I didn't play too much stuff there. I finished Child of Light, which is my GOTY, and played The Cat Lady, which I liked a lot. I posted a Steam review of both, but if you want I can post my opinions here too!

I also started Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness a few nights ago, because I was bored. I never got the hate for it, it was always my favorite TR right until I played 2013. It's true, Lara moves with all the grace, agility and swiftness of a Tiger (a WWII one), but she was always like that in the Core Design titles. The Parisian setting is really nice, in my opinion, and the game is more enjoyable than Chronicles, of which I couldn't get past the first stage earlier this year (I had reached the final one on PS1 way back then).

Salsa

thanks brah, took number 6

Pachimari

Thank you so much for this, gonna give it a try! :)

Tenrius

Thanks, man, I'm very much into "pure" experiences. Took code #12, I think I'll check the game out now.

Zeppeli

Banned
I appreciate the keys, guys! But I'm going to buy a copy of They Breathe to support a fellow GAFer. Best of luck guys.

Any desires to bring this to other platforms?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Distant Worlds: Universe is now available for $49.79, a discount of 17% off its usual price that lasts until May 30th.

About the Game

Distant Worlds: Universe is the newest chapter of this critically acclaimed sci-fi series, adding incredible new features and an exciting new storyline. Universe is also the ultimate collector&#8217;s edition, the first time all previous Distant Worlds releases have been included in one package, along with an updated manual and greatly expanded modding support.

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of turn-based strategy, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.

Vast galaxies are made to order: up to 1400 star systems, with up to 50,000 planets, moons and asteroids. Galaxies are so deep, fun and immersive that you won&#8217;t want to finish the game. Build, expand and improve your empire while playing through one of the storylines, with victory conditions or in an open-ended sandbox mode.

Each galaxy is packed with life and activity. Encounter other empires, independent alien colonies, traders, pirates and space monsters. Explore star systems, asteroid fields, gas clouds, supernovae, galactic storms and black holes. Discover evidence of civilizations long since past, uncovering secrets about the galaxy's troubled history...

Best of all, you can play the game your way: enjoy a quick, intense game in a crowded sector of space or take your time in an epic game spread across a vast galaxy!

Universe includes the Original Distant Worlds, Return of the Shakturi, Legends, Shadows and the new Universe expansion!

Labyrinthine Dreams is today's new RPG Maker release, and is being sold for $4.99 apparently a discount of 20% off that just kicked in, making the price $3.99, £3.19, and 3,99&#8364; until May 30th.

About the Game

Labyrinthine Dreams is a short puzzle game about Beth, a young woman who is standing at Death&#8217;s Door. After a traumatic childhood and a tough entry into the world of adulthood, she was just starting to take control of her life. However, she is now up against an insidious enemy who threatens to take everything away from her. During what may be her final hours, Beth wanders through important moments in her life while also staying a few steps ahead of the monster who won&#8217;t rest until she is no more.

Mazes in dreams are said to symbolize the dreamer&#8217;s feeling of &#8220;being trapped.&#8221; As Beth tries to find meaning and strength in her life, players must guide her through a variety of mazes, each with its own twist. The most challenging sections are reserved for confrontations with the monster, who must be outmaneuvered and outwitted to proceed.

I took #2, thanks.

jshackles

Finished They Breathe.

Pretty cool, though short, experience. Definitely worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom