• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
With the huge amount of greenlighted titles now available, I wouldn't be surprised if they start doing 15 flash deals an hour. Certainly would suck if they extend it past 11 days and a majority of the daily's are pure crap.

While I want to believe, I won't kid myself that we won't see the same deals 3 times, and the voters voting on the interesting niche choices that haven't appeared as a yet in community voting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks,

thats still a lot of moons away... ^^

That's easy to think but the sale has crept up. It's going to start on either the 10th or 17th -- that's just 6.5 or 7.5 weeks away. I don't think I'm going to have as much money to spend as I did last year.

Milamber

Well, I'm ready for a come back.
SqLtWt4.png

Or mores to the point how many times will the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass "accidentally" be on offer for 75% off before been taken down?

Yeah that is a good one. You can just bet some marketing person is getting a raise because of the amazing increase in season pass sales.

Arthea

Or mores to the point how many times will the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass "accidentally" be on offer for 75% off before been taken down?

it has to, by now it's tradition of sorts. (><)

This summer sale will be hard on me, my wishlist now consist only of newer games, that won't be discounted much if at all at summer sale, but we had so many sales at spring and winter that there was no avoiding such situation.

Evrain

you are welcome, enjoy!

that seems to be the case, yes.
I got some weird receipt just now, and it's from raffle that ended long ago already.

It might be too hot even for modbot!
I entered for Lucius... and got AVWW :sweatdrop:
Oh well, thanks anyway! At least we had the satisfaction of breaking Modbot :)

I must admit I am hoping for another sale on the CoD Franchise, if not to try and get my paws on Black Ops. I wonder though, why didn't Aspyr manage the Mac editions of the Modern Warfare titles?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know where to post this seeing as there isn't exactly a GFWL fan club around these part but I've been clearing out some hard drive space and got a little curious as to what's actually in the EULA for GFWL titles. So I popped on the Xbox.com site to see the updated terms and conditions and under the withdraw of services section instead of seeing the "blah, blah, 30 days notice, blah, blah" that quite a few have theirs states they may remove or suspended services without any notice. Who's betting they're just going to pull the plug without saying anything?
Given that they don't seem to give a crap whether your games keep working whenever the ToS change, I don't see not giving any kind of prior notice as being below these guys' standards. So yeah, put me in with my whole Steam library in the "won't bother telling their customers" camp.

Thank you so much for Love, I've been wanting to try this game!
(It was nice to read "You win Love!" in my PMs ;p)
Yeah, I'd like to experience love too :/

Oh, you mean Love? That's a great game, so make sure you try and enjoy it!

Kyougar

This summer sale will be hard on me, my wishlist now consist only of newer games, that won't be discounted much if at all at summer sale, but we had so many sales at spring and winter that there was no avoiding such situation.

I thought the same about the last sales, but than I got i.e. Tomb Raider for 75% off just 4 month after release. And than some other games, AAA and middle Devs alike.

Evrain

Given that they don't seem to give a crap whether your games keep working whenever the ToS change, I don't see not giving any kind of prior notice as being below these guys' standards. So yeah, put me in with my whole Steam library in the "won't bother telling their customers" camp.

Yeah, I'd like to experience love too :/

Oh, you mean Love? That's a great game, so make sure you try and enjoy it!
Speaking of ToS and plugs being pulled, at times I wonder what will happen if/when Steam goes down. Is it true that Lord Gaben can just flip a switch and allow us to download our games in some sort of "DRM Free" form?

Arthea

I thought the same about the last sales, but than I got i.e. Tomb Raider for 75% off just 4 month after release. And than some other games, AAA and middle Devs alike.

you have a point, I might get Thief for $5, that's all I'm willing to pay for it (><)

derExperte

Killer is Dead is weird. And rather short on gameplay, many, many, many cutscenes and some episodes only consist of them and one bossfight. Thankfully there's a lot to unlock and replaying levels that don't involve just walking somewhere is fun enough. Being able to change the difficulty before every mission and skip cutscenes helps too, they learned after Shadows of the Damned.

Pakoe

Grief you are a Sleeping Dogs fan?

That is awesome and I agree as well.

https://24.media.tumblr.com/f4f67571ee1fb5a3806bc122dc8d87e7/tumblr_mra1gtltnS1s3y7o3o1_500.gif[IMG]
[IMG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/153ceec3f90508875918736f03d0c942/tumblr_mra1gtltnS1s3y7o3o2_500.gif[IMG]

Anyhow, my opinion on Watch_Dogs so far (from what I saw and read). I am new to PC Gaming so enjoy my hyperbole!

The smoothness on Sleeping Dogs was sex.

[I]#Bring_Back_The_Smoothness [/I]

And this is comedy gold - [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcCqfuam-tc&feature=youtu.be"]Where is the bullet?[/URL] (skip to 0.29)

Edit: This is the shit.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iUMRxsyxcwkFn.gif[IMG]
(GTA 4?)[/QUOTE]

Max Payne 3.

Dr Dogg

Yeah that is a good one. You can just bet some marketing person is getting a raise because of the amazing increase in season pass sales.

If you take a step back and look at it outside of the culture of Steam Sales (or with a heavy dose of cynicism) it's a very clever way at creating artificial demand. Considering you have a limitless supply that probably isn't selling too hot, you offer it as 75% off but after 6 hours or so pull the rug from under people's feet who were being indecisive or on the fence.

Then a couple of days later, low and behold the same "error" crops up again. Maybe those who were dithering before didn't hesitate the second time it comes up. I'm sure 2K has a certain threshold or salethrough amount and when that was reached just switched the discount back. Maybe even through word of mouth people then bought it at full price.

*adjusts tin foil hat*

JaseC

Speaking of ToS and plugs being pulled, at times I wonder what will happen if/when Steam goes down. Is it true that Lord Gaben can just flip a switch and allow us to download our games in some sort of "DRM Free" form?

Yes. Although Valve could render CEG inert, it obviously can't do anything about third-party DRM measures.

Arthea

I just noticed that I now own Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut. I guess they just made the switch.

wait... they switch old one to dc?
so, what would happen if I redeemed simple Q.U.B.E after mine got switched to dc?

*adjusts tin foil hat*

it makes sense, these price mistakes pop up with such amazing regularity, that it is suspicious, especially gamersgate ones. I think, I pull the trigger every time when it happens, even if I own games, you know, for gifts and such.
still some seem to be genuine mistakes, I doubt that gmg or devs were happy selling a new Warlord 2 with that discount. OTOH, may be they were.

JaseC

wait... they switch old one to dc?
so, what would happen if I redeemed simple Q.U.B.E after mine got switched to dc?

The DC was added to the subs containing the original game. Speaking of, I didn't receive a response to my e-mail asking for a Steam key to give away.

JaseC

Dear nofuckingidea,

An item you listed in the Community Market has been sold to Nun With A Great Rack!. Your Steam Wallet has been credited 2.49 USD.

This email message will serve as your receipt. You can also access your Purchase History online at any time.

Skiffy (Foil Trading Card)
2.49 USD

Total
2.49 USD

A small victory.

Dr Dogg

And seeing as we all love a good tweaks guide Andy has done one for Watch_Dogs as well. Holy customisation's Batman! There's a few .ini things in there that look god to have a play about with.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...ng-guide#watch-dogs-optimal-playable-settings

AndyBNV said:
DeferredFxQuality: The quality of 'deferred' visual effects. Changing this to &#8220;pc&#8221; from "console" had no change on performance or image quality in any test we performed.

Ha! I wonder how many people will still go on about it. Actually for those of you with CPUs that are a bit on the old or slow side there appears to me a lot of little tweaks in the above guide which can turn down some of the simulation and physics intensive tasks.

Arthea

ya, we totally broke modbot (><)
I gather, that those who took part in raffle weren't getting games at some point, but new entrants get them and I get receipt that raffle took place.
Am I right?

JaseC

And seeing as we all love a good tweaks guide Andy has done one for Watch_Dogs as well. Holy customisation's Batman! There's a few .ini things in there that look god to have a play about with.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...ng-guide#watch-dogs-optimal-playable-settings

Judging from the 680 SLI recommendations I think I'll cap the game to 30fps and max it out save for AA (temporal SMAA) and textures (high, seeing as my cards are 2GB). I think I'll have to move up to 4GB cards in time for AssCreed Unity. Hopefully the 870 is out soon and there's a respectable performance jump versus the 770... and 4GB by default, please, Nvidia. Time to stop being so bloody cheap with VRAM.

Still no Watch Dogs pre-load?

It unlocks here in less than 8 hours so I don't think a pre-load is going to happen. Use the data from a cracked version instead.

HoosTrax

Why do I have Q.U.B.E Director's Cut in my inventory. I thought that was supposed to be not free after the devs' comments.

Did I miss a juicy rant-fest by owners of the game?

Dr Dogg

Judging from the 680 SLI recommendations I think I'll cap the game to 30fps and max it out save for AA (temporal SMAA) and textures (high, seeing as my cards are 2GB). I think I'll have to move up to 4GB cards in time for AssCreed Unity. Hopefully the 870 is out soon and there's a respectable performance jump versus the 770... and 4GB by default, please, Nvidia. Time to stop being so bloody cheap with VRAM.

Well seeing as Titan Blacks in SLI with everything dialled up average around 45fps in most of the comparisons I think I'm going to do the same. Vsync being double buffered and D3DOverider not working with 64bit processes pretty much seals the deal. I think Watch_Dogs will be one of those games that would be great to revisit in 2 or 3 iterations of more powerful hardware. Of course I need to placate my checklist fetish now though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom