• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So, I installed the new nVidia's drivers and I tested them with Crysis 3 and I got a nice performance increase. So, I was wondering, has anybody tried GTAIV with the new drivers? Does it run any better?

wow, That PC Watch Dogs thread definitely took a turn....Did people actually start posting receipts and stuff? I didn't read that far ahead.

I was disappointed by the lack of Whitney Houston gifs.

Copons

Thank you all, chatting with good girl Venice right now.

EDIT: well apparently Venice forwarded my request to the digital stuff department and I should be refunded in a couple of days. AHAH screw you digital stuff terms and conditions that don't allow me to return digital purchases.

The_Monk

Just finished Operation Flashpoint: Red River fellow GAFfers:

RHOphbzl.jpg

KFdcFE7l.png

Instead of making a better written review I'm just going to point some points in case someone is interested in checking this game out considering it's a 2010 (?) game.

9R1Lkdps.png

- This game could be really fun for a 4 Player Co-op. But I never tried that.
- There's an interesting plot twist on who you are fighting for.
- Bullet drops are accurate and satisfying.
- Visuals still hold up okay, specially in later levels (I might be easy to please in this case). The mountains are neat.
- Good length for the Single Player considering recent games in the genre.
- The Briefing before any mission is nice. Really loved the soundtrack giving you a "danger" feel before going to battle.
- Level of customization for different sets of classes. You can level them up and get new perks.
- You can give orders to each soldier in your squad. It's great to flank enemy positions, suppress and ambush if you take the time to understand how it works.
- No health regeneration. If you get shot you need to stop the bleeding first the patch up
- You can get killed with one or two bullets.
- +1 Finished game -1 game on the Backlog.

NaAqgSOs.png

- The AI is a hit or miss. Either they can be effective or they warn you to not shot because they are going to be in front of you. This happened more than it should.
- It requires Games for Windows Live if that' is an issue/deal breaker for you.
- Because the Story is focused on one area, there's not much variation when it comes to different war scenarios.
- Checkpoint can be cruel at times considering how easy it is to be killed. Most of them are fine, however.
- Responsiveness from your AI when you order them to enter a vehicle can be really slow.

Misc:

- I don't have Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising, so I can't compare to that one.
- There are 7 GAFfers on my friends list that have this game but only one played it (spending 30 hours in it). The others tried approximately 1 hour or less.
- I wonder if we are going to see more tactical FPS's soon. It seems that this genre is not that famous in recent years. I still remember playing the Delta Force games on PC ten years ago. Good times.
- R.I.P Guildford studios.

Interesting Knox quote:

"I'm going to beat you so hard that not even Google will be able to find you."

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thank you all, chatting with good girl Venice right now.

EDIT: well apparently Venice forwarded my request to the digital stuff department and I should be refunded in a couple of days. AHAH screw you digital stuff terms and conditions that don't allow me to return digital purchases.

to be fair you also ignored their US-only terms and conditions when you bought the game ;)

Remember Me is a good deal at 10 bucks. The gameplay runs out of steam near the end but the artwork and general setting is really nice and worth experiencing for sure.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Do those unlock on Steam on the Sega Classic emu or what?

use the other link.

I believe some of the games are "DLC" under the Genesis Classics Pack, and some are standalone.

For those that have them, they're true PC ports, not just a Genesis emulator packed together with the game, right?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You can probably use the files from the DRM-free version with the Steam version's emulator, btw. It'd be a pain in the ass for purchase management and download/install/patching management or whatever, so it's not ideal, especially when Steam versions exist.

I believe some of the games are "DLC" under the Genesis Classics Pack, and some are standalone.

They're all DLC. The Dreamcast games and the Sonic CD port are separate, but everything from the Genesis is in the Genesis Classics Pack

For those that have them, they're true PC ports, not just a Genesis emulator packed together with the game, right?

Just a Genesis emulator packed together with the game. There's a MAME-style front-end UI.

Dr Dogg

Remember me is 66% off @ GMG

Sadly, there are no coupons you can use on the game right now but it seems like a good way to spend PF rewards.

EDIT: Dark Void is 0.99€

Well if you're superficial like me you'll love Remember Me.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109594786&postcount=4626

Stunning game with a reasonable story and I found the gameplay to be not too bad (the Pressen system kind of rifts off God Hand's build-a-combo mechanic). It has an early Luc Beson feel to it (not too surprised seeing DOTNOD are based in Paris).

Spazznid took some great freecam shots in the the High Res Pics thread.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is an incredibly good game, and even though I got it as a gift, I think $10 is a good price for it. It's extremely linear, sure, but the combat is fun and has a nice flow (not to mention the dynamic soundtrack that goes along with it sometimes), the vistas are incredible, and the memory remixes are awesome. It's a bit glitchy, which forced me to restart two different chapters, but I can live with that (both were near the beginning of each, so very few progress was lost).

use the other link.

I'm pretty sure they're ALL "DLC."

I was under the impression that they were just emulated games packed together, but I could be wrong. I never really thought about it, to be honest. Edit: See post above.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ZMMIEX-EW1476-0PNL11 works and gives 20% off, sorry I just found it. :/ Even works with credit.

Oh good, there's a replacement -20% code. I can finally post this:

Yeah, I think once GMG has ironed out the kinks the program will be scaled back a bit, with focus shifting to games that are currently discounted on GMG itself. I just hope that doesn't happen before Murdered: Soul Supect's release as taking into account the Star Wars credit and assuming a 25% discount code shows up closer to release, I'll currently only be paying $12 for it and I'd like to get that down into the $9 ballpark. ;)
missionaccomplished3tju3.jpg

Mission accomplished... and then some! But I might as well wait until the day before release and get it as cheap as possible.

rtcn63

I couldn't finish Remember Me. It wasn't a bad game, but the combat... I just didn't care for it. Enemies required too many hits, and combos were iffy to keep going. And since that appeared to be the main focus of the game... such sorrow.

I cant believe I didn't get all the Transistor playfire rewards, I am like 5 hours in but didnt have the time this week to binge to the end :( woe is me 1$+

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
If you don't care for the emulator the Sega Classics bundle uses by default, you can extract the roms and run them in other emulators. Possibly better, more accurate, or feature rich emulators.

Per PCgamingwiki:

1 Download QuickBMS
2 Download the Sega Classics script (further down the page).
3 Run QuickBMS and choose the Sega Classics script.
4 Choose the installation folder containing the *.pak files.
5 Choose the folder to save extracted ROMs to.
6 QuickBMS will now extract the ROMs. Press ↵ Enter when done to exit QuickBMS.
7 The ROMs are now extracted and named appropriately, ready for use with a different emulator.

I had QuickBMS linked, but it's apparently hosted on a banned site. Huh.

JakeD

I own the steam Genesis pack 5 and the DRM free version of 1-4. (the last time these games were on sale it was only the DRM free pack on sale)

They work fine together. They end up in a standalone folder that's easy to zip and backup if you're worried about archiving.

Uzzy

I'll have to get around to finishing Remember Me at some point. Real shame that game flopped so badly.

What are the chances of Transistor even hitting 25% off during the Summer Sale? I do want to get it, but I've got enough of a backlog to hold me over for a few months at least.

I'll have to get around to finishing Remember Me at some point. Real shame that game flopped so badly.

What are the chances of Transistor even hitting 25% off during the Summer Sale? I do want to get it, but I've got enough of a backlog to hold me over for a few months at least.

I think 25% is definitely possible. On the other hand there wasn't even a launch discount, so maybe Supergiant wants to keep the price stable for a while.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I find it interesting that despite the preference among Steam's more seasoned users to purchase items through the "grey market", "Russian territories" accounted for just 5% of Steam's sales revenue in 2013 -- even if you add Eastern Europe in general that just raises the number to 7%. It really puts the massive userbase in perspective.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
might day 1 murdered soul suspect with a 25% voucher, the latest trailer was awesome, game looks like nothing out there which I dig

Lomax

Can you imagine if Square Enix released an emulator bundle on Steam similar to the Genesis bundle with all it's NES and SNES era classics? They'd probably have people happily paying $100 or more for it.

Zafir

I find it interesting that despite the preference among Steam's more seasoned users to purchase items through the "grey market", "Russian territories" accounted for just 5% of Steam's sales revenue in 2013 -- even if you add Eastern Europe in general that just raises the number to 7%. It really puts the massive userbase in perspective.

I could see it being higher this year, since I think it's gained some popularity. However, some people just don't want to mess around with traders(I have a few friends like this), and I'd wager most probably don't even know it exists.

I'm the same, I think I'm on the second last level while I really want to like to the combat there are some things that annoy me about it and I haven't quite summoned the energy to finish it. It's a shame as the world is amazingly realised.

Jawmuncher

So who bought FF3? Playing it on my iphone and I hate it. Im at the end but its been more ofva grind fest than the first 2.
also the last dungeon is terrible. Grinding another 10 levels so I can beat the last boss.

RE: Remember Me, I wrote a fairly lengthy write-up when I played it a few months ago which might be of value to some people who are on the edge. It's an interesting mess, I liked it well enough.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103700354&postcount=10329

In recent years french developers produced some quirk but interesting mid-tier games: Cursed Crusade, Sang Froid, Mars War Logs, EYE Divine Cybermancy and the aforementioned Remember Me are all games I'd recommend playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom