• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

Someone should chain up Edmund McMillen and make him do monthly item/room drop DLCs, with major room/enemy type addition drops every 6 months. All my brain wants to do right now is play Isaac, but then I get bored because I've done and seen everything. Then again, cracking the 4 chests in the final level last night and seeing quad shot, polyphemus, magic mushroom and rosary without having to D6 them to do it was pretty amazing.

Should've screenshotted that loot drop! If only the rosary had been something like the pentagram or grey odd mushroom, it would've been the best item room of all time.

Because it is against the rules. Bolded the part that is relevant
That's a pretty circular answer though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i'll save you some trouble in your results

maxresdefault.jpg

If only!

Arthea

Blade Kitten dropped a foil for me. I didn't even realise it had cards (I was idling to unlock the "Play for the first time" reward then wandered off). Thank you, Blade Kitten.

It's all a concerted ruse to get you to increase you game count.

why you so lucky? Send some of your luck my way, I really need it!

challenge accepted!
will buy FF3 tomorrow, unless price will be too much, hopefully not

Talking about a game count, lemme make giveaway to celebrate this glorious summer.

Why are there bans for playing a pirated copy? Is GAF the police?

Perhaps you should take a gander at the terms of service you kinda sorta agreed to when creating an account on this forum...

D. Emulation/Piracy

The topics of emulation and piracy in the context of the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software, and livestreams of pirated software play are all strictly prohibited.

Arthea

*sings "summer time"*

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 50 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Savant Ascent -- MB-7AADE30CA9F7A372 - Taken by Sendou. 5 entrants total.
Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection -- MB-5B68163A98863429 - Taken by NingenJanai. 8 entrants total.
SkyDrift -- MB-45733B7425BC76EB - Taken by pupo. 3 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-E196523DB5357774 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-DB7D3A698F13A5DA - Taken by SeZMehK. 3 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-242E96F9B547A271 - Taken by Dragon1893. 2 entrants total.
Where Angels Cry -- MB-F0E1B7E9C95409A8 - Taken by spindoctor. 5 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-D4335C44C3A51F74 - Taken by SeZMehK. 1 entrants total.
Clickr -- MB-F9C185786D8D5139 - Taken by Sub Zero. 3 entrants total.
Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials -- MB-8A05547D578F0E46 - Taken by johnssy123. 2 entrants total.
Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-6A00FD2F54C05963 - Taken by Evrain. 4 entrants total.
BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-480D03665AB2A968 - Taken by pahamrick. 3 entrants total.
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack -- MB-4D78453A70497771 - Taken by Evrain. 3 entrants total.
Fortix 2 -- MB-49146C5C8F37EEC5 - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
Call of Juarez -- MB-C265073BAFA65B7C - Taken by The Dear Leader. 17 entrants total.
MacGuffin's Curse -- MB-4AFE38E5830F3663 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 1 entrants total.
Gravi -- MB-3544D74829934342 - Taken by SeZMehK. 2 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor -- MB-58889C52B0CC4A11 - Taken by dot. 5 entrants total.
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-8C4713F00C2B24AA - Taken by tjohn86. 1 entrants total.
LEVEL 22 -- MB-C4380FEBAF141B64 - Taken by DocSeuss. 5 entrants total.
Slip -- MB-C4FCBE8EE23FCCFD - Taken by didamangi. 4 entrants total.
A New Beginning -- MB-B1BE3135F057A6F4 - Taken by SeZMehK. 1 entrants total.
Ignite -- MB-6BC53F85BB168376 - Taken by SeZMehK. 4 entrants total.
Heroes of Steel -- MB-025B20A7D16D10AD - Taken by Scipius. 6 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-211D1852DB69F7E4 - Taken by Asskicker. 1 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-653B960D01AF941E - Taken by mannerbot. 6 entrants total.
QuestRun -- MB-B68BD87F58FA01B9 - Taken by Benedict. 5 entrants total.
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-F8A8DFE653DBAF13 - Taken by Milamber. 3 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-59DAA4F5A501E0EA - Taken by kurahador. 5 entrants total.
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World -- MB-C077A1CFB45717A9 - Taken by JakeD. 1 entrants total.
C-RUSH -- MB-E627E4EF5702C1F0 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Ethan Meteor Hunter -- MB-56557B30E0391355 - Taken by johnssy123. 2 entrants total.
Finding Teddy -- MB-92AD18E35B71E73F - Taken by Sendou. 4 entrants total.
Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini -- MB-E2B6A5C121D091C6 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-4A0FBAE9BC5EBC8A - Taken by More_Badass. 1 entrants total.
Sine Mora -- MB-EC6428473888B33B - Taken by saunderez. 7 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-FFD86823DA7B3D4C - Taken by pahamrick. 1 entrants total.
Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi -- MB-452B481C5B3A5E04 - Taken by johnssy123. 2 entrants total.
Love -- MB-C7896E7AC474FA80 - Taken by Yakkue. 3 entrants total.
Master Reboot -- MB-F1CE5BC62506C664 - Taken by fspm. 5 entrants total.
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-05E7E2F335CE5D26 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Sanctum 2 -- MB-53C495B7CCC7EC07 - Taken by Jive Turkey. 3 entrants total.
KAIRO -- MB-1B455868DB6E0C9C - Taken by Alduin. 3 entrants total.
Ultratron -- MB-D5802AC45DA6F481 - Taken by Iron Badger. 2 entrants total.
Droid Assault -- MB-7FB5B4E246826ADC - Taken by Dambrosi. 3 entrants total.
Humans Must Answer -- MB-301DC7C717B97BD3 - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-9C84FACAABC59C99 - Taken by Casimir. 2 entrants total.
99 Levels to Hell -- MB-105496006CFC41F3 - Taken by oipic. 3 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-27E84B7448F61B43 - Taken by Nzyme32. 3 entrants total.
Retro/Grade -- MB-EB5782E48D2A1653 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 5 entrants total.

t1401102996z1.png

Arthea

It's now more or less confirmed, that Trails SC won't be released until the winter at the earliest. Still no news about FC release date too (._.)
I was so sure we'll get both this year, as to post recklessly that our waiting is almost over. It's not over...

I'm not American, but 50 games is a good number for Memorial day :) Great giveaway!

I'm not American too. I'm not sure I know what Memorial day is, in fact, can't remember right now (><)
Is it today?

Knurek

It's now more or less confirmed, that Trails SC won't be released until the winter at the earliest. Still no news about FC release date too (._.)
I was so sure we'll get both this year, as to post recklessly that our waiting is almost over. It's not over...

Source on that? ;_;

Arthea

Source on that? ;_;

as always
http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27143&st=250

edited: the post in question

Did we say SC was coming in summer? (looks) Crap, we did!

...Because yeah... I don't see it happening. In fact, I don't think I EVER saw that happening -- far as I knew, it was always planned for much closer to the end of the year. Not sure why we said summer, but... no, I don't think it's going to make summer, I'm afraid. (Not because of FC bugs, mind you, but because it's still being translated and edited!)

-Tom

mrgone

I'm not American too. I'm not sure I know what Memorial day is, in fact, can't remember right now (><)
Is it today?

It's a federal holiday honouring military personnel who died in the line of duty, and it is indeed today

Arthea

I already have all of those games, Arthea. Please make a new giveaway.

kindly make both Trails games released this summer and I will! As none of us has Trails SC still.

fingers crossed for aku to accept this challenge without knowing the whole story (><)

Zafir

I managed to get my cheaper retail copy of Watchdogs reinstated, so looks like I'll be waiting till Wednesday for it. Bank Holiday working against me!

Authority

Banned
Wasteland 2 introduction cinematic released

Wasteland 2 Opening Movie

With the release window of Kickstarter-funded, post-apocalyptic RPG Wasteland 2 now set, developer inXile Entertainment has at last released the cinematic introduction from the game for all to see.

A combination of stock documentary footage, clever cosplay and well shot locations, Wasteland 2's introduction does a more than servicable job of setting up the game to come with its grim depiction of a post-apocalyptic world torn apart by lawlessness and savagery.

For those folk who want to get ahead of the official retail release, Wasteland 2 is still available to purchase on Steam Early Access.

More games coming to PC.

Ghostlight announced today that they are localizing 2012 PSP Japanese dungeon crawler Elminage Gothic: Ulm Zakir to Yami no Gishik as Elminage Gothic to Steam. This is the 4th entry in Starfish SD’s Elminage series of dungeon crawlers. However, the only other title to receive an official localization was Elminage Original, a PSP title released last year in Europe by Ghostlight and is available on PlayStation Network. Read the rest of the press details below as well as some artworks and an in-progress screenshot.

For those of you who enjoyed it, Elminage Gothic offers the same classic old school dungeon crawling experience but adds a darker, more gothic twist to the game’s theme and art style. It features multiple character classes, hundreds of stunningly designed monsters, creatures and demons, well over 80 hours of gameplay and it even goes right down to including the traditional “THAC0” system.

Ghostlight have said that they’re aiming at a late summer release and that the team are still in the early stages of the translation and conversion process so the content of these screenshots may be subject to change over the coming weeks. Ghostlight are working closely with the team at Starfish SD to offer increased resolution of the original artwork as well as a host of additions for the Steam release including mouse and keyboard support and of course Steam Trading Cards.

Credits to RPGNews

Dr Dogg

I managed to get my cheaper retail copy of Watchdogs reinstated, so looks like I'll be waiting till Wednesday for it. Bank Holiday working against me!

Well I think for me I was always boned. It unlocks here tomorrow at 10am, which while better than 6pm I'm still going to be at bloody work so it makes little difference. Also being an early week, world wide release also happens to fall right in the middle of having bags of free time to next to none so it's not going to be until next weekend where I can really get stuck in.

Still I can amuse myself watching and reading the meltdowns and whacky justifications on the 'tinterweb until then. The old "well with the new consoles games will require more CPU cores" non sequitur has reared it's head at another forum I stick my head in to. Still good for a laugh.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You used to think that you could not go on
And the game was nothing but an awful song
But now you know the meaning of true souls
You're leaning on the everlasting arms

If you can see it, then you can do it
If you just believe it, there's nothing to it

I believe I wont die
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open (grey) door
I believe I wont die
I believe I wont die
I believe I wont die

#believe
lol, I can't not play the game now after this.

All in all it was another bloodstain in the floor.

Parsnip

I just updated Enhanced Steam for Firefox to version 6.2. This update is immediately available from firefox.enhancedsteam.com, or will update automatically if you have version 6.0.1 or higher installed. Changes in this version include:

• Rewrote custom profile background selection dialog
  • Added a link to a game's AStats page in the achievement section on app pages
  • Added support for Humble Widgets in price comparisons
  • Fixed a bug where Legend of Grimrock store page could inadvertently show incorrect DRM warnings
  • Fixed a bug with account total not being correct for Russian currencies
  • Removed market data on inventory items, as this feature was implemented by Valve
  • Removed achievement section on app pages, as this was re-implemented by Valve
As always, let me know if you run into any issues.
Excellent.

Deques

New Groupees bundle

Kiss my bundles - Build a bundle
  • //N.P.P.D. RUSH//- The milk of Ultraviolet
  • Humanity Asset
  • Storm in a Teacup
  • iBomber Defense Pacific
  • Marine Sharpshooter 2 : Jungle Warfare
  • Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection

Minimum $5
  • The 39 Steps

Authority

Banned
Sleeping dogs looks better than both and probably runs better than both.

Not to mention the superb gameplay of Sleeping Dogs.

Grief you are a Sleeping Dogs fan?

That is awesome and I agree as well.

tumblr_mra1gtltnS1s3y7o3o1_500.gif

tumblr_mra1gtltnS1s3y7o3o2_500.gif

Anyhow, my opinion on Watch_Dogs so far (from what I saw and read). I am new to PC Gaming so enjoy my hyperbole!

One of the worse games to invest $ for hardware upgrade. This game acts like it is the next Star Citizen/Cyberpunk2077 when it is like Shenmue HD on PS4 for Christ sake.

Sleeping Dogs was running as smooth as a pillow and this one rains mud on your face begging for a fix-patch.

The smoothness on Sleeping Dogs was sex.

#Bring_Back_The_Smoothness

And this is comedy gold - Where is the bullet? (skip to 0.29)

Edit: This is the shit.

iUMRxsyxcwkFn.gif

Max Payne 3

saunderez

Grief you are a Sleeping Dogs fan?

Sleeping Dogs was great and all, but it had more than its fair share of flaws. The small world map (compared to most other open world games) with pretty much nothing at all to do in it and the ridiculous relationship system to name just a couple. And if you played it on consoles (like I did originally) you got a pretty awful framerate to boot. Don't get me wrong I loved the game and am hanging out for the sequel, but the hyperbole is a bit unwarranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom