• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

saw the obscure games as weeklies, got excited, then saw 25% >_>

Only 25%, but still...

ss_2a55171e90cff1cb42927a8940cdd119aa73b930.1920x1080.jpg

I find it interesting that despite the preference among Steam's more seasoned users to purchase items through the "grey market", "Russian territories" accounted for just 5% of Steam's sales revenue in 2013 -- even if you add Eastern Europe in general that just raises the number to 7%. It really puts the massive userbase in perspective.

Still seems like the vast majority of revenue comes from westerners simply purchasing games at full price, regardless of if it's on sale or not. Most of the people on my friends list just buy games off Steam ignorant of the concept of the many sales you can find via dd, and even within the service itself.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a few games. Sonic 3D Blast/Flickies' Island is awful, just saying.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toe Jam and Earl Panic on Funkotron -- MB-1F5EC5F3B57BAD46 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Toe Jam and Earl -- MB-BC323E17181F6F80 - Taken by -MD-. 8 entrants total.
Sonic 3D Blast -- MB-8B4210DD3989E545 - Taken by Knurek. 2 entrants total.

t1401126208z1.png

Copons

With this Mega Drive bundle I think I fucked up the whole PC thing that we don't play our games because inside there is ESWAT which is probably the best game ever and the only reason I was sad of being a Nintendo fanboy instead.

Also I'm too scared to start ToeJam & Earl because one thing is playing it as a kid, but playing it today without the aid of various substances, eh, I don't know.

EDIT: and of course y'all who got games from my giveaway are welcome. :)

Li Kao

Only 50% off for Sim City 4 :/

Been playing Tropico 5 and really wanting to give Sim City a try.

Well I am just playing the Tropico series for the first time (the fourth one, damn budget) and I must say I'm pretty impressed.

Firstly, I'm truly grateful to the game for surprising me. How may I put it ? Sometimes, like everybody I suppose, some game comes out and at first it truly doesn't appeal to me. And oftentimes it's the end of the story, tastes varies, some games are really shitty, etc. But when you try a game you thought uninteresting or repulsive and it blows you away, what a feeling. I would say that being proven wrong by the sheer quality of something is one of the good things in life. It happened to me for Hotline Miami (hated the psycho plot and gameplay before playing), it happened for Amnesia (no, I don't want to play this trauma-inducing game), etc...
And relatively speaking it's happening again here. On paper I'm truly uninterested by the perspective of playing a dictator in a Sim City-like, but after trying the game for some hours I'm changing my tune.
Let's not jump to conclusion, the game does not a good enough job to push me to be ruthless, I'm still a carebear dictator, that could be considered a fault. And it look relatively ugly even maxed out. And I have nowhere near play time to pass a definitive judgment on it.
So ?

I'm super impressed by the quality of the game build-up. A simple four parts tutorial and then as the missions go by you feel that the game clearly is bringing your way more and more aspects of its simulation. But everything feels so organic, you do not have the sentiment of plowing through an endless and boring tutorial.
And the game overall is pretty funny. The characters are likable, the only bad point would be the times when caricature or humor border on racism (the Chinese guy who says something like "we are a fierce people, but we come crawling to you for this resource") or sexism (the cultural counselor is, quite something) . But I'm no white knight and I won't throw a stone for two bad lines in an ensemble often truly funny.
Music is excellent too. Really not enough diversity, after playing for some hours I'm near going ballistic, but what is here is really really good.
I can't wait for the game to let me explore the touristic aspect of things with mission 3.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
75% off PES 2014 for the world cup Konami, do it
wont happen, stingy bastards

edit: ironically, FM 2014 IS 75% off for the world cup lol
PES 2014 is free on US PS+, so I could see it happening.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Really? Holy cow, doing this.

All Steam looks for when you click "Play" is the executable as defined by the launch parameters:

launch
0/executable: System\Win32_x86\DarkAthena.exe
0/workingdir: System\Win32_x86

Of course, if you verify the game's cache after having replaced the files, then the DRM-free exe will be overwritten with the TAGES-riddled one.

Edit: Not a lot I need from the Weeklies, which is good. It is a little annoying that only one Hard Truck game is on sale, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as someone who love football (as in soccer) I really should give the FM series a try one of these days, but those managing games always looked impossible to get into :/

Hi guys, I am very new to pc gaming and steam. I also never play multiplayer at all.
So I have the urge to play a multiplayer pc game and I decided on bad company 2. It is currently 9,99€ on the german store. And the vehicular combat is interesting.

On my old laptop I should be able to get ~60fps at 800x600 low settings.

Do you think it is worth it now?
For a newcomer?
At that price?
Should I buy it from the us store?
Is there a better place to get it than steam?
Is there a nice/good community here on gaf, too?

Sorry for these maybe stupid questions, but this is new stuff for me.

Majukun

sorry for the noob question..but if I unistall a game on steam with the "remove local content" option..do my saves get deleted too?

Li Kao

as someone who love football (as in soccer) I really should give the FM series a try one of these days, but those managing games always looked impossible to get into :/

Funny, I'm the opposite. I hated football in my youth, and don't really care for it now but... following my last post were I speak about the pleasure to be add when proved wrong, and the strong Civilization / Cocaïne reputation of the series, I'm tempted.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hi guys, I am very new to pc gaming and steam. I also never play multiplayer at all.
So I have the urge to play a multiplayer pc game and I decided on bad company 2. It is currently 9,99€ on the german store. And the vehicular combat is interesting.

For a newcomer?
At that price?

1st rule of Steam. Wait for the summer sale, then wait for the daily deals.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Most people who have played Bad Company 2 will tell you that it's well worth 10 euro. However, if you are a real stickler for getting a good deal, it has been as cheap as 5 Euro before now and it probably will be in the future. Best of luck whether you decide to buy it or not and feel free if you have any other questions about PC gaming or Steam to ask in here :)

zychi

Banned
Me too, and its not so much the extra client and hoop jumping (it is) but that I will forget I own it a year later like GTA4, if only I bought that on Steam...

I don't mind the extra client jump, I play BF4 regularly, but launch it via Steam. I just like all my games in one service. I'm sure I'll find a Steam key via the trade thread or ebay in a week for sub $30 like I did with AC4 and CODGhosts

sorry for the noob question..but if I unistall a game on steam with the "remove local content" option..do my saves get deleted too?

Some games keep their saves files in a separated folder, but for all I know it depends upon the game so as a rule of thumb I would recommend to you to check it every time before deleting local content.

For a newcomer?
At that price?

The Bad Company 2 community is probably pretty dead. You should try out one of the several F2P FPS-MP games on Steam, like Planetside 2 or Warframe.

_hekk05

Banned
The Bad Company 2 community is probably pretty dead. You should try out one of the several F2P FPS-MP games on Steam, like Planetside 2 or Warframe.

Eehhh there are still some BC2 servers around last I checked, which was like 3 years ago. Keep in mind though these guys are pretty hard core, refusing to migrate to BF3/4.

It also depends on your location. I'm not sure if Germany has many servers, so you'd have to do research yourself and come to your own conclusion whether the community is still relatively alive for you to join in.

1st rule of Steam. Wait for the summer sale, then wait for the daily deals.

Most people who have played Bad Company 2 will tell you that it's well worth 10 euro. However, if you are a real stickler for getting a good deal, it has been as cheap as 5 Euro before now and it probably will be in the future. Best of luck whether you decide to buy it or not and feel free if you have any other questions about PC gaming or Steam to ask in here :)

Thanks guys. I guess I can hold out a bit longer. Summer sale shouldn't be far off I think, it's pretty hot weather here :)

Well, that doesn't sound too good. And the newer games you listed wouldn't even start I think.

Turfster

Humble Total War bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Napoleon Total War Art Pack
TIER 2: 3.89$
  • Napoleon: Total War
TIER 3: 7$
  • Napoleon: Total War Collection
TIER 4: 25$
  • Total War: Master Collection
TIER 5: 45$
  • Total War Grand Master Collection

five tiers?

Zafir

Humble Total War bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Napoleon Total War Art Pack
TIER 2: 3.89$
  • Napoleon: Total War
TIER 3: 7$
  • Napoleon: Total War Collection
TIER 4: 25$
  • Total War: Master Collection
TIER 5: 45$
  • Total War Grand Master Collection

five tiers?
45 dollars? That just doesn't seem to be a good deal at all. :I

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That Grand Masters collection was $30 during December.

Also, "Pay what you want for a beautiful high-rez art pack!"

Worth it for the music alone. :)
Pity the Steam version doesn't have an option for subbing in Richard Jacques Saturn remixes...

Oh well, hopefully you'll enjoy it. It was always one of the most frustrating older Sonic games to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom