• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evrain

Thanks for the giveaway, man. I've been interested in checking out Rochard for awhile now - I've heard good things about it.

I approve. :D

Isn't Parkan 2 another one of those crazy overly ambitious Russian space games you were talking about? That's what put it on my radar.

Here's a little something. It's not much, I know, but hopefully somebody'll get some enjoyment out of it.
Thanks for High calibre!

So any comments on A Story About My Uncle, Monochroma*, Kill The Bad Guy or Hippocampal, all released today?

*Played the demo of that one, the controls feel stiff (I died multiple times after falling on a floating barrel and trying to jump to safety), restarting after a checkpoint takes way too long as does picking up/setting down your brother. At the end I was already slightly frustrated, it may look like Limbo but doesn't play nearly as smoothly, the trial & error there never annoyed me.

The demo of Max: The Curse of Brotherhood on the other hand pushed it higher on my wishlist, responsive controls, I like the Magic Marker mechanic and the visuals are nicely done.

From the indie thread one poster reviewed A Story About my Uncle and enjoyed it, other member reviewed Monochroma and unfortunatelly the game is bad.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Starlite Astronaut Academy G-Ball is now available on Steam for $2.99, 2.99€, £2.09, currently 25% off its current price.

About the Game

Starlite Astronaut Academy G-Ball is a new sports game set in orbit of Mars in the not-so-distant future. Astronaut athletes challenge you in a mash-up of basketball, football, and dodgeball as you soar through a zero gravity arena in 3 on 3 team matches. Be the star with the scoring ball or support your teammates by smashing your opponents with the defensive balls. Tackle and intercept the ball in this fast-paced, hard-hitting game. The game includes text and voice chat (Voice PC only). Support for Oculus Rift is planned. Cloud server also included.

Steam Trading Cards coming soon. Demo available (Steam names and other options disabled in demo).

G-Ball is the first module of Starlite Astronaut Academy, a vivid space exploration project developed in conjunction with NASA.

MUnited83

For you.
So any comments on A Story About My Uncle, Monochroma*, Kill The Bad Guy or Hippocampal, all released today?

*Played the demo of that one, the controls feel stiff (I died multiple times after falling on a floating barrel and trying to jump to safety), restarting after a checkpoint takes way too long as does picking up/setting down your brother. At the end I was already slightly frustrated, it may look like Limbo but doesn't play nearly as smoothly, the trial & error there never annoyed me. Destructoid agrees with my observations: http://www.destructoid.com/review-monochroma-275351.phtml Too bad. And the high price won't do them any good either.

The demo of Max: The Curse of Brotherhood on the other hand pushed it higher on my wishlist, responsive controls, I like the Magic Marker mechanic and the visuals are nicely done.
I got Story and Monochroma today, wil share impressions later.

Grief.exe

Honestly, there's only so much good that downsampling can do, when the models themselves are so low poly that wheels look like hex nuts and characters have mitts for hands instead of individual digits. That was kind of my feeling when I saw the Deus Ex reskin as well -- the low poly models + high res textures almost looks jarring.

And it looks like all the trees and fauna are just 2D assets, which don't render as well at high resolutions. Still cleans up the images and rendering the 3D assets at such a high resolution does make them look better.

Much better than the base game which stretches the image when running at high resolutions.

derExperte

From the indie thread one poster reviewed A Story About my Uncle and enjoyed it, other member reviewed Monochroma and unfortunatelly the game is bad.

I edited in the Destructoid review, Gamespot's was bad too.

there is not a good reason given that the two brothers decide to walk to the city and infiltrate a corporation instead of staying home and calling for medical help

haha

It is beautiful in its own dismal way, and the story it tells is decent, but I could not wait for it to end so I would not have to deal with the frustrating control and dull design decisions.

That was already my feeling towards the end of the demo.

Vuze

Duh, just wanted to hop in Witcher 2 to check it out but the mouse doesn't move in the main menu neither does my controller work. Peeps at the steam board are having similair issues at the moment, hope they get it fixed.

I haven't played Hitman: Blood Money yet (played a few mission on Xbox 360 back at launch) and just installed it on my PC. Which difficulty is best to start out with?

I see the there's no "evidence impact rating" on Normal, but the AI should be pretty normal right? And not adjusted.

Also, any mods I should install?

I'm pretty sure you can bump the difficulty up or down in between missions, so if it's too easy or hard you can always change it.

I'm not aware of any mods.

rtcn63

Just noticed I'm not a Junior anymore, does that mean my opinion counts now?

nope_doctor_who.gif

BruteUA

Just noticed I'm not a Junior anymore, does that mean my opinion counts now?

My status recently changed as well. I was sorta looking forward to feeling some kind of enlightened acceptance but it hasn't happened yet. Probably more of an age-gap and stage of life thing tho.

Speaking of being too old and cranky, Dark Void Zero feels exactly like something I would have had in my NES back in the day. Got a chuckle from the intro screen that
has you blow into the cartridge

5 hours into Batman Arkam Asylum and I've stopped playing. It wasn't terrible by any means, but I was just never that excited to be playing it. I didn't play games at all over the weekend and yesterday when I got back on my PC I just had no desire to start playing it again. Too bad because I also own Arkam City but I have no desire to play that now.

derExperte

5 hours into Batman Arkam Asylum and I've stopped playing. It wasn't terrible by any means, but I was just never that excited to be playing it. I didn't play games at all over the weekend and yesterday when I got back on my PC I just had no desire to start playing it again. Too bad because I also own Arkam City but I have no desire to play that now.

Derrick would tell you that City is MUCH MUCH better than Asylum. With which I can't agree one bit but still, give City a chance.

My £5.74 Watch Dogs order has just been dispatched...holy...

Another price mistake? Physical copy?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

2531198-5696185166-bunk-.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
In honour of the two junior members bragging about their promotions, here's a giveaway they're no longer eligible for:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Etherlords I & II -- MB-B9472C94BF9F700B - Taken by Newblade. 2 entrants total.

t1401311069z1.png

hohoXD123

Derrick would tell you that City is MUCH MUCH better than Asylum. With which I can't agree one bit but still, give City a chance.

Another price mistake? Physical copy?

Yeah physical, it was a price mistake from all the way back in December on Play.com, was 95% sure it would get cancelled. But that 5% came through. There's no way my laptop can run it well though, was planning on just getting it on PS4, hmm...

Asylum is the best one IMO.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
San Andreas Downsampled from 1440p

Oh wow, I should get around to replay the GTAs in high res before stump's gta v truth bomb detonates.

But the power of the Souls games compells me atm

hohoXD123

Yeah, the Batman games didn't really click with me either. I thought they were decent, but nothing amazing, particularly City.

Pachimari

I also got 1 hour into it and put it aside.

I'll get back to it after Hitman: Blood Money though.

danielcw

Is there any reason not to create a new Steam account
for every new game you get,
and use family sharing to play all games with your main steam account?

I know that I will use offline mode,
but that should not be problem for me.

Also some games don't support family sharing,
but I guess there is a way to know beforehand.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome AND Mozilla Firefox have been updated to version 6.2.1. Changes include:

• Added inventory market data to other user's inventories
  • Added avg price of 3 cards to booster packs in inventory
This maintenance release should update automatically within the next 60 minutes if you already have it installed. As always, let me know if you run into any issues.

Tellaerin

Besides the fact that it sounds like a logistical nightmare? >_<

What's the benefit in doing that, anyway? Obviously I'm missing something here.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

That seems awfully tedious for very little benefit.

Nabs

Is DuckTales: Remastered good? I can get it for less than a dollar thanks to Playfire Credit.

Or maybe I should get DMC4.

Use this code for 22% off QUK706-XWFKI6-8UK3NL

Sounds like a great idea. You should definitely go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom