• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

vote for us, get free key -> greenlit

it's worked for every game that has done it so far

capturevsrdv.png

aka part of the problem

joined the group too just now

:O

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
vote for us, get free key -> greenlit

it's worked for every game that has done it so far

That reminds me:

Dungeon Gate was pushed by Who's Gaming Now to get through Greenlight, everyone would get free keys, etc. It's made by Wild Games Studio, who have brought us such classics as Day One: Garry's Incident.

What I'm saying is that everyone should avoid this game.

Vuze

downgrade it until it breaks heh. In all seriousness, I was trying to lower even the lowest settings via modifying the engine config in Watch Doges to achieve a locked 60fps and for some reason now all vehicles and pedestrians are floating, road is missing etc. haha

Performance wasn't improved btw lol.

random

If you win the 7th Guest, you should get two steam keys. Only one works, I'm including both since I have forgotten which one I have already used.
Let me know if this doesn't work.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rochard -- MB-19AB7E0E51261321 - Taken by Tellaerin. 3 entrants total.
Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-7951B6BD548AE210 - Taken by Cth. 4 entrants total.
Dungeon Hearts -- MB-BC05A9EDE419B2F9 - Taken by redlacs. 6 entrants total.
Symphony -- MB-5DB413FC69E91A93 - Taken by AsylumX. 6 entrants total.
Droid Assault -- MB-2E2FF4333909227B - Taken by Natty1. 2 entrants total.
The 7th Guest -- MB-57D8618CA12A8544 - Taken by Catshade. 4 entrants total.

t1401305350z1.png

downgrade it until it breaks heh. In all seriousness, I was trying to lower even the lowest settings via modifying the engine config in Watch Doges to achieve a locked 60fps and for some reason now all vehicles and pedestrians are floating, road is missing etc. haha

Did you hack the planet?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
capturevsrdv.png

aka part of the problem

joined the group too just now

:O

It's a terrible game to be sure, and a bit insulting in how it keeps calling Army soldiers "marines", but it's going to be useful for me to test out using a Wii Remote as a mouse since I can compare it to the Wii version I also got for free.

Arthea

Have you seen trailer of

it's funny

that will teach you!
how dare you to downgrade the doggies! Ubi had revenge on you and it's not the end (><)

Nzyme32

Cool, didn't know watch dogs had terraforming missions

Holy shit, I was a GM on Tibia. It was great back when the community was small. But as they grew, CiPsoft got greedy and started caring more about money than making the game a good community, so guilds that cheated and power abused were basically allowed to keep doing it.

If any of you are interested in trying this, I strongly suggest playing on non pvp servers.

The artstyle and the supposed toxic community always threw me off from tge game, so I never gave it a chance.

Thank you kindly for Broken Sword 2, anon.

Throws me back to how popular (and simultaneously made fun of) this was in our BR cybercafes/lan houses of old. I actually remember it looking much worse for some reason, lol.

During the college (2008-2011) I had two colleagues that played Tibia and I always wondered why they still played it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Bah, was going to gift you this and Shattered Spear when they came to Steam. You sir, are out of a gift ;)

It's probably going to wind up in at least one bundle by the end of the year anyway :p

The whole "vote yes, get a free key!" thing is something that Valve should ban from Greenlight. I wonder how many people actually play games like that and how many do it just for the +1. I mean, at least KenOD has a reason to get it, I guess. It's a shame that stuff like this makes it through and prevents other games from making it onto Steam.

There's hope for Six Days in Fallujah yet!

There's no hope for Six Days in Fallujah. I completely forgot that game even existed.

zkylon

zkylewd
man i want the summer sale to come already but i know always sometimes monsters and transistor won't be cheap already by then.

hmmmm

Deques

Finished Dark Void Zero

xQwSEmh.jpg

It was quite fun and nostalgic game. I can't believe I beat it in one sitting. I had to, since I can't save in the middle of the game.

Lomax

The whole "vote yes, get a free key!" thing is something that Valve should ban from Greenlight. I wonder how many people actually play games like that and how many do it just for the +1. I mean, at least KenOD has a reason to get it, I guess. It's a shame that stuff like this makes it through and prevents other games from making it onto Steam.

Greenlight is so prolific at this point I don't think anyone can say it prevents other games from making it onto Steam. Not to mention the massive number of failed kickstarters and other projects that have gotten through Greenlight that will never be released. If companies want on Steam badly enough to give away the game and the small percent of people that collect games are happy to get it, I don't see any real harm. Now, if Greenlight was still very limited and Devs started feeling like they had to give away their games (or bundle, which is pretty close to the same thing) to get on, that would be a bigger problem.

I hope Sega stops dicking around and announces PC ports for Bayonetta & Vanquish. The world would be a better place if 1080p 60fps version of those games existed. (Plus I have no desire to hook my PS3 back up...)

So I started up Brütal Legend on a whim and don't know if I'll actually finish it. I was well aware of the whole RTS bit so there was no bait and switch in expectations, it's just that playing any of it is just so bad. It's not satisfying for action, it's not satisfying for strategy, it's just entirely fluff with the only thing entertaining about it is the aesthetic, themes and writing.

Btw, OCEAN CITY RACING which has been just greenlit was in a bundle. So, expect keys.

Also Star Sonata 2 is greenlit

And the video on that page defines it as "Action RTS Space themed MMORPG". So I have no idea what it actually is.

Tellaerin

If you win the 7th Guest, you should get two steam keys. Only one works, I'm including both since I have forgotten which one I have already used.
Let me know if this doesn't work.

Thanks for the giveaway, man. I've been interested in checking out Rochard for awhile now - I've heard good things about it.

last night :3

I approve. :D

Isn't Parkan 2 another one of those crazy overly ambitious Russian space games you were talking about? That's what put it on my radar.

Here's a little something. It's not much, I know, but hopefully somebody'll get some enjoyment out of it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Railyard: Match 3 Evolved (Desura) -- MB-1FBE5852D579B12C - Taken by WinterDemons
Age of Wonders Shadow Magic -- MB-10AD4233CE911851
Etherlords I & II -- MB-E96BEF1EFC6EACC4 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Beyond Divinity -- MB-E163E73ECD217B10 - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.
Age of Wonders -- MB-C0FABF5CAE33EFA7 - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Parkan 2 -- MB-0161B5B65CCBC97C - Taken by Ingueferroque. 2 entrants total.
7,62 High Calibre -- MB-73617C870B461561 - Taken by Evrain. 2 entrants total.
Divine Divinity -- MB-A2D8F571E6EE0D5F - Taken by Milamber. 2 entrants total.

t1401307438z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Doesn't JaseC usually make a list of the games and which bundles they were in?

Come on man, quit slacking. :p

JaseC doesnt care about us anymore, he's all about redditt now

Grief.exe

San Andreas Downsampled from 1440p

Getting San Andreas running might seem daunting at first, but I think I have it down. There are literally thousands of potential mod configurations out there, but this is essentially the bare minimum required to play the game.

Here are some notes on my installation. YMMV with these, so only do them if you are having issues.

• Launch directly from the exe, not Steam.
  • Ginput was causing crashes.
  • Install Microsoft Direct-X Runtimes 2010.
  • Run in compatibility mode Windows XP SP3.
  • Rename the files in the movies folder to skip splash screens.
  • Alt-tab is hit or miss.
  • Go to the gta-sa process in task manager and set CPU affinity to one core for mouse controls.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Greenlight is so prolific at this point I don't think anyone can say it prevents other games from making it onto Steam. Not to mention the massive number of failed kickstarters and other projects that have gotten through Greenlight that will never be released. If companies want on Steam badly enough to give away the game and the small percent of people that collect games are happy to get it, I don't see any real harm. Now, if Greenlight was still very limited and Devs started feeling like they had to give away their games (or bundle, which is pretty close to the same thing) to get on, that would be a bigger problem.

It would be worse if Greenlight was still limited, yeah, but it still hurts or delays some games from being sold via Steam. I just feel that Valve is so lax with what they allow on Greenlight that it's become the joke that we know it as today. The Greenlight problem could definitely be worse, but I think we can all agree that the service has its fair share of problems in its current state.

random

thank you random for dungeon hearts!

Got the 7th Guest, one of the key works. Thanks! :)

I'm happy to see that I remembered correctly: simply listing a couple of keys separated by spaces after the name of the game works. I had put way too much thought into how to figure out which one was the working code, before that.

Enjoy the games :)

edit:

Thanks for the giveaway, man. I've been interested in checking out Rochard for awhile now - I've heard good things about it.

One of the few games I have actually played for a while (not that I have actually played through it, mind you).
I enjoyed what I saw of it, then I was distracted by the next shiny thing.

HoosTrax

San Andreas Downsampled from 1440p
Honestly, there's only so much good that downsampling can do, when the models themselves are so low poly that wheels look like hex nuts and characters have mitts for hands instead of individual digits. That was kind of my feeling when I saw the Deus Ex reskin as well -- the low poly models + high res textures almost looks jarring.

fantomena

Uploading some Wolf Among Us EPisode 4 videos to YT now just to test.

As soon as I get the new mic (will probably go shopping this sunday), Im gonna try video reviewing Firefighters 2014.

If anyone here have any recommendations for sound recording software, just say it! :)

derExperte

So any comments on A Story About My Uncle, Monochroma*, Kill The Bad Guy or Hippocampal, all released today?

*Played the demo of that one, the controls feel stiff (I died multiple times after falling on a floating barrel and trying to jump to safety), restarting after a checkpoint takes way too long as does picking up/setting down your brother. At the end I was already slightly frustrated, it may look like Limbo but doesn't play nearly as smoothly, the trial & error there never annoyed me. Destructoid agrees with my observations: http://www.destructoid.com/review-monochroma-275351.phtml Too bad. And the high price won't do them any good either.

The demo of Max: The Curse of Brotherhood on the other hand pushed it higher on my wishlist, responsive controls, I like the Magic Marker mechanic and the visuals are nicely done.

Tellaerin

Honestly, there's only so much good that downsampling can do, when the models themselves are so low poly that wheels look like hex nuts and characters have mitts for hands instead of individual digits. That was kind of my feeling when I saw the Deus Ex reskin as well -- the low poly models + high res textures almost looks jarring.

Speaking of, I seem to remember something about some modders working on a high-poly model pack for the original DX to go with the high-res textures, but I haven't checked in on that in a long time now, so I have no clue how far along they are (or even if it's something that's still in active development). Thanks for reminding me - going to have to check up on that.

Pachimari

I haven't played Hitman: Blood Money yet (played a few mission on Xbox 360 back at launch) and just installed it on my PC. Which difficulty is best to start out with?

I see the there's no "evidence impact rating" on Normal, but the AI should be pretty normal right? And not adjusted.

Also, any mods I should install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom