• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I didn't even know that Bloons TD 5 was on Greenlight. I've played the crap out of that game on Android, and it's actually a really solid 2D tower defense game. Looking forward to it's Steam release.

Tizoc

Got Dragon Commander for under $7.50 via Key Trading, Gaben works in mysterious ways...

Killer is Dead is so fucking good in dat 60 FPS. You 200+ shmucks that were too cheap to buy it need to give it a chance and try it out. It's fun and its simple combat is entertaining. Especially when you land those Dodge Counters.

I don't remember the camera being tricky to maneuver with though, but hey random dodges save my ass lol.

Really if you're bummed out of whatever newly released game that you're playing, drop $20 on this baby and join the party.

Here're wicked ass High Res snapshots with the HUD removed (in some images), Courtesy of our fellow GAFfers
kidhypeshitq3okm.png
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113369134&postcount=487
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113268367&postcount=402
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113301049&postcount=429
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113302750&postcount=431
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113307586&postcount=433
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113314780&postcount=442
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113701714&postcount=6056
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113702293&postcount=6057

GaussTek

Getting San Andreas running might seem daunting at first, but I think I have it down.

There are literally thousands of potential mod configurations out there, but this is essentially the bare minimum required to play the game.

Thanks a lot man. I also installed San Andreas a couple of days ago, this will come in handy.

Pity that the Windows 8 Store version of the game (which is basically the mobile port), has higher res/remastered graphics (or that according to the game's description) and full Xbox 360 controller support, and that they didn't update the Steam version :S (I was actually considering also getting that one for a bit until I saw your post :p)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 66 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Chronicles of Mystery The Scorpio Ritual -- MB-856F8F61AA88F5E2 - Taken by Myshkin
Winter Voices Episode 2 -- MB-B9169EA32F860618 - Taken by topyy
Agricultural Simulator 2011 -- MB-AFB73BB674455A78 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Winter Voices Episode 1 -- MB-59B1B5622434F7C6 - Taken by deejay
Supreme Commander -- MB-A50FDAA9A2CA525F - Taken by Majukun
Shattered Haven -- MB-4B148C274F938524 - Taken by johnssy123
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance -- MB-6B878F14AC987C30 - Taken by Alduin
Incoming Forces -- MB-B5E5145D369FB4D5 - Taken by arts&crafts
4 Elements -- MB-FA038D304BC1BA11 - Taken by SeZMehK
The 7th Guest -- MB-E86DF2178B3D7DC6 - Taken by Cyberquake
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-72C86CAFB224456F
Ride'em Low -- MB-61B7B43851A5D85C
Clickr -- MB-1F1A72D433F06AC0 - Taken by oipic
STALKER Clear Sky -- MB-1DFB681D7286DD9F - Taken by Gianni Merryman
Divo -- MB-C80D32AFB7B6D132 - Taken by didamangi
Bridge It Plus -- MB-DC82C7B11357D091 - Taken by FauX
Humans Must Answer -- MB-FFBEA41DE99B71E1 - Taken by denx
Kairo -- MB-B3497BCCAB1F5B9D - Taken by Dragoon En Regalia
Universe Sandbox -- MB-354D48C00D13AAC0 - Taken by KenOD
Kaptain Brawe #2 -- MB-74EDEFDCED3ADC2E - Taken by Lain
Knights of Pen and Paper -- MB-0D842558935CC3C3 - Taken by Kiru
Big Bang Racing -- MB-8C3FDA694B3495C1
Call of Juarez -- MB-5EF89696388B57E6 - Taken by dave is ok
AirBuccaneers -- MB-335AB0DC75247560 - Taken by C4rter
3089 -- MB-B2D232FE8CBB9A32 - Taken by The Dear Leader
Winter Voices Prologue -- MB-813EFDA12CF850EE - Taken by crazyrabbits
Ethan Meteor Hunter -- MB-799EAA962BB70DBE - Taken by Madridista
Soulbringer -- MB-57F556E3ED3A66A8 - Taken by Sub Zero
A New Beginning -- MB-0FAA5899B45D2CF9 - Taken by trailmix16
Ittle Dew -- MB-12E9AA0B6345070F - Taken by Cth
GT Legends -- MB-F2F707058203B501 - Taken by nature boy
Ring Runner -- MB-BF259460A4213B4E - Taken by doctorcdcs
Knytt Underground -- MB-E79A86A99275B326 - Taken by Vlad
Huntsman The Orphanage Halloween Edition -- MB-55FBF445BADADE0D - Taken by SteveWinwood
Rock of Ages -- MB-63F26A4853281A2A - Taken by Snakethesniper
Oknytt -- MB-03D569B7976F6860 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Jolly Rover -- MB-572D0DF1C65CA798
Lucius -- MB-F604290809C076A8 - Taken by dot
Runespell Overture -- MB-3159EFE358FFC48A
RACE On -- MB-01EB95D001D3CAD3
Major Mayhem -- MB-67703C6C582C152D
Sugar Cube Bittersweet Factory -- MB-3FA28FCADF867537 - Taken by Alien8
BlackSoul Extended Edition -- MB-1ECAAB3537912AAF - Taken by Saty
Astro Tripper -- MB-9EA3BC2C2255A415
Finding Teddy -- MB-5BEF3A8F140EF046 - Taken by alr1ght
Monday Night Combat -- MB-63963DFA889A7FBE - Taken by Henry Swanson
Hyper Fighters -- MB-A5F6DE5555796ED4 - Taken by YianGaruga
Sine Mora -- MB-6560DF6D52FABFF5 - Taken by Tesseract
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-E8B5367ECD7DED6D - Taken by Lomax
Driftmoon -- MB-F1041796A114BAC6
Sang Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-85135064236545AC - Taken by Volimar
Eldritch -- MB-1A817AFC3DB6468E - Taken by Miker
Love -- MB-CFA921C65494B3B5
Rochard -- MB-E700C0B477A8A7B3 - Taken by JawesomeJaw
Face Noir -- MB-EAEEE63FE220A3A0 - Taken by Uzzy
Dungeons -- MB-6CF96513158368C5
Mutant Mudds Deluxe -- MB-93F7D2B827AA733C - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Master Reboot -- MB-1558719304D92A1C - Taken by nightstorm
Sideway New York -- MB-4BF5A997CE99AA48 - Taken by KainXVIII
Kaptain Brawe -- MB-3743B18D109E6273 - Taken by derExperte
Droid Assault -- MB-212EC9EC6AA6A56F - Taken by drakaenae
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-54E4155047E14026 - Taken by cardinalmind
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-5BE733C9FDF492A3 - Taken by Fuu
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-E4BD7568ED39F8C4
Gun Monkeys -- MB-C2281DF217699A94 - Taken by Stitch
Half Minute Hero -- MB-8A65DA89B7C36FFE - Taken by Vuze

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i recognize quite a few of those greenlit games from past bundles, woot

Ah, thank you, anonymous gifter! I've wanting to get Kairo for a while now.

While you guys are chatting up on Watch_Dawgs, I'm still having a ball with the original Grand Theft Auto III. The closest I had to a game like this in my childhood must have been The Simpsons: Hit & Run, lol.

Cth

Thanks for ittleDew! My daughter is really looking forward to playing it (read: "Dad! It's too hard, play this for me!")

zkylon

zkylewd
IDK, I would prefer someone better at writing to push said boundaries.

Also I must say, that I'm not a fan of "cinematic experience" games, to put it mildly.
agreed, but i like the crazy shit he comes up with so if he just put an actual writer and who knows

i like david cage stuff better than the walking dead tbh

Vuze

Getting San Andreas running might seem daunting at first, but I think I have it down.

There are literally thousands of potential mod configurations out there, but this is essentially the bare minimum required to play the game.

Thanks for this, thought about playing SA just a few days back but was turned off by the required fixes. Guess I will follow your write up and hope all goes well! Might be my open world title until Ubiscam fixes their Watch Dogs on PC.

e: And thank you very much anonymous for Half Minute Hero!

Arthea

I know that people still play UO, even some new folks join, but it's so weird to see Tibia greenlit, that probably means that people still play it too.

agreed, but i like the crazy shit he comes up with so if he just put an actual writer and who knows

i like david cage stuff better than the walking dead tbh

I'm not fan of tWD too. Aren't we hard to please? (><)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for ittleDew! My daughter is really looking forward to playing it (read: "Dad! It's too hard, play this for me!")

Have you tried Puzzle bots?it is an easy point and click game that I gather is targetted to children.

My nephew - who enjoys puzzle games in general - tried it and was hooked to the point that he played it three times ina few days; sometimes your daughter may ask you to help her to solve some puzzles, but she may figure out some of them on her own.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I think the post was a little misleading, at least from the clues we already have in the Steam database. I believe it's saying that by saying "the GFWL version will continue working as normal" it means that (until GFWL dies) you can keep playing the GFWL version you bought elsewhere besides Steam, meaning that Steam redemption of that version is optional until the servers shut down.

Otherwise, why would they go through the trouble of porting the achievements over to the existing app, as well as making a private testing branch?

I'm pretty certain that people who already own the game on Steam will see a Steamworks patch on the 30th for the existing app. People who own the game from the GFWL marketplace or retail can still use those copies, but they'll also be able to start redeeming their keys on Steam at that time.

EDIT: After re-reading the article, it sounds like they're going to use the same app but do like Namco did with Ace Combat, where your GFWL save will convert over to a Steamworks cloud save until they're ready to "flip the switch".
That makes more sense, I didn't know they had ported the achievements to the existing app. Hopefully you are correct!
*Jase cries in the corner*

Well, because of Apple computers' expensive price, none of them are mainstream. But, you can see them in every Apple store, every authorized seller, and every electronics store that had an Apple section. Whereas 4k laptops, there's only one model made by Toshiba,and has a lot less exposure.
Not sure why you are limiting to 4K laptops when rMBPs are NOT 4K and there are several laptops with resolution equal or higher than rMBPs'

I know a lot of people are piling up to bash on the game for being unfinished and whatnot so this feels redundant but good lord this is the worst "reflection" treatment i've seen

T3leCeT.jpg
LOL, that's extremely lazy.

that Order 1886 cinematic feel thread is some next level shit

I swear every time the framerate thing gets brought up the arguments get like 10 times worse
I was just reading that, now I'll bleach or something :(

And gaming needs more people like David Cage. Hopefully the folks at Ready at Dawn aren't terrible writers!
No, not at all, one David Cage is more than enough.

Coffee Stain Studios made an infographic of Goat Simulator

Also there is an almost hidden voucher code in the picture

Here is the code QUK706-XWFKI6-8UK3NL. It gives 22% off
That's really interesting, I guess that with the generous rewards everyone that got it and were in playfire at least tried to get stuff.
fuck flappy goat though

a young woman blooms like a summer flower that feeds on blood and pain.

then something about zombie samurais and a nerd committing suicide for no real reason.
FTFY

Final Fantasy 3 PC looked a bit like Final Fantasy for DS so I checked:
This one is the PC screenshot from this thread:
fXPl66Z.jpg

This one is a DS emulator screenshot:
2014-05-28_19-59-56_zps91c52968.png

Besides text being rendered for proper resolution and blurrying backgrounds I don't see much difference.
Squeenix's piss filter has returned?

All this Watch_Dogs talk is making me want to play an open world game.

I'm thinking either Sleeping Dogs, Bully, or San Andreas.

I'm leaning towards the latter as that is one of my top games of all time and I don't think I have played it in 10 years.
Sleepy Dawgs!
Or any of the Saints Row.

This is really useful, thanks man!

IT'S GREENLIGHT TIME!!!

WOOOHOOOO!!!

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=263961759

HOOOOooooo.....

Thanks, much appreciated.
At least we got Dear Leader and Bloody Kururin greenlighted!

Volimar

Lol, Tibia.

Holy shit, I was a GM on Tibia. It was great back when the community was small. But as they grew, CiPsoft got greedy and started caring more about money than making the game a good community, so guilds that cheated and power abused were basically allowed to keep doing it.

If any of you are interested in trying this, I strongly suggest playing on non pvp servers.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone not want their Metal Slug 3? Or is it worth buying the entire Humble Bundle? Nothing but MS3 interests me but I'm not knowledgeable about the other games.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Thank you kindly for Broken Sword 2, anon.

Lol, Tibia.
Throws me back to how popular (and simultaneously made fun of) this was in our BR cybercafes/lan houses of old. I actually remember it looking much worse for some reason, lol.

Volimar

Thank you kindly for Broken Sword 2, anon.

Throws me back to how popular (and simultaneously made fun of) this was in our BR cybercafes/lan houses of old. I actually remember it looking much worse for some reason, lol.

It's had a few visual upgrades over the years.

Cth

Have you tried Puzzle bots?it is an easy point and click game that I gather is targetted to children.

My nephew - who enjoys puzzle games in general - tried it and was hooked to the point that he played it three times ina few days; sometimes your daughter may ask you to help her to solve some puzzles, but she may figure out some of them on her own.

Nope, but I'll definitely take a look at it now. Thanks for the recommendation!

Arthea

so many multi games in that batch, MMOs and not.
And it has to be said, that most multi games I tried on steam are deader than dead.
I don't understand who upvotes them if nobody plays, mindboggling!

vote for us, get free key -> greenlit

it's worked for every game that has done it so far

but how does it work for them? even if it gets greenlit this way, if nobody buys and plays it, what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom