• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

I also use an Ikea desk, which is messy by my standards.

TOXmaH1l.jpg

Keyboard and mouse cables go into a slot. I have a few little toys to occupy me when I'm feeling fidgety. Ecosphere. The penguin sculpture there is carbonized glass. Water bottle. I should probably wall-mount my router at some point. Headphones hung up on the wall, because I normally use monitor speakers. Right now my desk has one of my papper plants on it because it's starting to flower and the desk has good exposure to some of my best windows.

Space in front of keyboard if I need a book, space to the left of keyboard if I want to put my Macbook Air on the desk for double computer action.

Simultaneously "minimal" in that it's got space and isn't too visually distracting, as well as lived in.

I like those penguins on the left side of the photo

MRORANGE

I also use an Ikea desk, which is messy by my standards.

Keyboard and mouse cables go into a slot. I have a few little toys to occupy me when I'm feeling fidgety. Ecosphere. The penguin sculpture there is carbonized glass. Water bottle. I should probably wall-mount my router at some point. Headphones hung up on the wall, because I normally use monitor speakers. Right now my desk has one of my papper plants on it because it's starting to flower and the desk has good exposure to some of my best windows.

Space in front of keyboard if I need a book, space to the left of keyboard if I want to put my Macbook Air on the desk for double computer action.

Simultaneously "minimal" in that it's got space and isn't too visually distracting, as well as lived in.

Is that the Playstation Display?

I was thinking the same thing.

The_Monk

Thank you for the answers, everyone.

Why don't you get 2 tables?

Like I mentioned, I like a minimalist space so adding more things is the opposite objective.

Great post, thanks for taking your time MRORANGE. My PC is already below the desk. Regarding a vesa mount that's a great idea. I saw some when I went to the Mall but they were asking 70-90€ which sounds a bit for the purpose it serve, I guess?. But since I'm not into this sorts of accessories I have no idea if it's cheap or expensive. I use a Ikea BESTÅ that gives me a decent space and a minimalist look, it was 50% back then.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Great post, thanks for taking your time MRORANGE. My PC is already below the desk. Regarding a vesa mount that's a great idea. I saw some when I went to the Mall but they were asking 70-90€ which sounds a bit for the purpose it serve, I guess?. But since I'm not into this sorts of accessories I have no idea if it's cheap or expensive. I use a Ikea BESTÅ that gives me a decent space and a minimalist look, it was 50% back then.

The Besta is exactly what I use, in that exact colour.

I like those penguins on the left side of the photo

It's a local artist. I like them too. They have an abstract and geometric quality to them while still being immediately identifiable as penguins, and the colour-work ended up working out well too. Also I like Penguins.

Salsa

I have an item in my inventory but I cant access it

not through the client not through the browser

weird, if I go to the inventory it just loads forever or redirects me to the store page

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My good people, does the desk/space you use for PC Gaming is for leisure only or do you also use it for work/studying/productivity purposes?

I'm a big fan of a clean minimalist setup and I find it harder to combine that if you also use the same space for working/studying/etc since you need to have other objects near you. I'm just curious.

I've always had kind of a messy / chaotic space that I share between gaming and work/coding/productivity stuff. Like - the kind that would make most people cringe. But, it works for me.

I might be able to dig a picture up.

Cth

Turns out I already have a copy in my inventory..

Thanks go to Anteater!

Winner will send me a PM and I'll pass along the link to redeem the game!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-1282D2FB221B654D

Kiru

My desk is full of cables for dongles, pc speakers, screen and shit like that. I need a desk with space between the wall and itself... but the thing I have right now is some kind of cupboard/desk/mirror abomination. lol

Levyne

Banned
My current set up. I usually have whatever the week's mess (right now, travel stuff, outlet adapters, that sort of thing) underneath that lip/cubby. It works well enough for the limited space I have.

Only thing is that I have corded headphones and corded mic strung along with that I'm never sure where to place when I'm not wearing it, which is rare.

wBnmwBCl.jpg

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thanks for the impressions. Decided to buy it. How bad can it be for ~4€?

I highly advise not trying to play it all at once or straight forward. Treat it like you would watching a crime show, once a week or every few days at least.
Helps prevent the minor issues from becoming bigger in your mind, and like any mystery story, giving yourself time to think it over and consider where the overall arc is heading to can help sweeten things.

Also, let the A.I. drive the car. Listen to the talking, it's the exposition and you can focus on it rather than bland driving.

The_Monk

Monk if you want a tidy desk and PC environment ask Grief to show you his. You'll be amazed.

Grief, show me your tidy desk! Wait, I think I remember his, was he the one with some sort strange yellow liquid on a jar?

I might be able to dig a picture up.

Fine by me, just don't want to give you too much work. :)

The Besta is exactly what I use, in that exact colour

I was going to say we had the same exact desk but I was not sure if yours was black or dark brown like mine. Mystery solved. It's strange because it seems that yours have more space. My monitor reaches that line the desk have, near the two holes.

I also make use of a clever decoration. I have some "fake books". They look like a book but are empty and can work as a storage for smaller things. I have one just like this one but with a Hydrographica tabvla by Henr Hondio print on it. I really like this clever ideas.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is where the
Enhanced Steam
magic happens.

And yeah, it's kind of a mess. And obviously, this was taken at new years. Apologies for the shitty iPad photo.

Arthea

Do you tidy your tables before taking pictures or what?
My table is such a mess in comparison and I don't remember it being otherwise, ever (><)

Milamber

Do you tidy your tables before taking pictures or what?
My table is such a mess in comparison and I haven't remember it being otherwise, ever (><)
I make it a point that anything I put on my table comes off when I leave it. But if it gets constant use it gets put in the shoebox behind my monitor.

The_Monk

Dr Dogg

Well seeing as we're doing this shit now I've got you all beat for the most cluttered space.

Old pic as pretty everything there has either died or been replaced but work area is the same. Granted I've got 3 computers crammed on there and I do a fair old whack of deadline work at home.

Grief, show me your tidy desk! Wait, I think I remember his, was he the one with some sort strange yellow liquid on a jar?

Hahaha well his PC and desk become one (and it's a lot more sexier than the Lian Li one MRORANGE posted above)

Arthea

I make it a point that anything I put on my table comes off when I leave it. But if it gets constant use it gets put in the shoebox behind my monitor.

a shoebox, are you serious? I have 3 headphones here, two speakers I don't use (dunno why they are on the table, they just are), something like 4-5 controllers? (well to be fair, those are under table most of the time), two keyboards, two mice, some PS3 games, like 5 of them, some disks I dunno what's in them, couple of books, mp3 player, phone, and some other stuff. Now kindly try to imagine shoebox to hold all that. (><)

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Definitely gonna have to agree with steam community hub on this one so far, AE at least online is definitely worse than GFWL. Offline is fine, but online is just wonky which is sad since online on PC was the best when compared to 360/PS3. Shoutouts to waiting for players prompts popping up during a match which I haven't seen online since Vanilla SF4 and huge ass lag spikes that weren't there on GFWL. Also there's some weird region locking now. Hoping they patch it quick especially with the wait till august for Ultra on PC. Glad I got a second install of the GFWL version on my PC.

jshackles

I think shackles is wearing a Christmas cracker paper hat in that photo

Yeah - we had some leftover Christmas crackers we popped on New Years. Good times.

Where are people finding good deals on these? Just Ebay?

eBay is a pretty good place to pick them up. The silver level ones usually go for between $20-$25, and most people will just email you the code to your Paypal email address.

Grief.exe

Monk if you want a tidy desk and PC environment ask Grief to show you his. You'll be amazed.

I drink my own piss.

The problem with a project like this is it is never truly completed. I will always have things that I want to do to it and I have to disassemble the entire desk in order to do so. Currently, I am in desperate need of a dremel so I can sand down some of the weld points and give it that 'finished' look.

ik6kN80PjW6nT.png

I have always wondered what PvE stands for? Player vs Enviroment?

Yes. You vs the AI essentially.

maneil99

Ugh I want to buy acto f war so bad for nostalgia, but it has Tages and is incompatible with W8.... In the mean time I bought 'The Forest', going to install now...

denx

yo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Galcon Legends -- MB-6286BFD78401DE90 - Taken by bronson. 2 entrants total.
Gomo -- MB-F4B2C93BBBE22103 - Taken by SalsaShark. 2 entrants total.
Alien Zombie Megadeath -- MB-4C55615425A62C9A - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 2 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-C35EBBD75D1480E7 - Taken by Shalashaska. 1 entrants total.
CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect -- MB-DC5A63BD6F251EBA - Taken by Evrain. 2 entrants total.
Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-9F269D607BA5E5DB - Taken by spindoctor. 1 entrants total.
Fortix 2 -- MB-DBEF8617DE176262 - Taken by jmizzal. 1 entrants total.
Tobe's Vertical Adventure -- MB-616FF77D78D10F97 - Taken by StAidan. 1 entrants total.
Hotel Collector's Edition -- MB-EC327A97C4E2AB5A - Taken by Myshkin. 1 entrants total.
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-04E36426B784E675
Adventure Park -- MB-F7BA2F75F3D6E1D1 - Taken by Aitor. 1 entrants total.
Galcon Fusion -- MB-F89FE60468D6A5EA - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-FFC816793C157DFF - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Metal Slug 3 -- MB-7C17E3D9DAEAD9B4 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 12 entrants total.
Rescue: Everyday Heroes US Edition -- MB-C7CB0B68AC1E0C5E - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
Questrun -- MB-4BC2279B0F21120F - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Lume -- MB-F5DBB3712928A1DA - Taken by PinkCrayon. 1 entrants total.
Zooloretto -- MB-2BF0C66D48A50142 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.

t1401493182z1.png

Salsa

yeah its a nice cooler

heheh

god that monitor sucked

I like the way you've tidied up your desk in that shot but the reflection in the second monitor reveals the truth!

I posted that pic before, I think I was trying to clean up

as of today I can say; it didnt work

Nice poster! I printed off my own Sam and Max Hit the Road poster from an old ScummVM forums thread, but I haven't bothered putting it up since I moved to my new apartment. Maybe I should.

its signed by steve purcell, telltale was having like a one day crazy sale on some stuff

Locust

Heh, looks like Steam added a couple more disclaimers to early access stuff to cover their ass.

Note: This Early Access game may or may not change significantly over the course of development. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you may want to wait until the game progresses further in development.

http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/ said:
When will these games release?
Its up to the developer to determine when they are ready to 'release'. Some developers have a concrete deadline in mind, while others will get a better sense as the development of the game progresses. You should be aware that some teams will be unable to 'finish' their game. So you should only buy an Early Access game if you are excited about playing it in its current state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom