• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolor

My nationalistic pride! Come on guys vote for it!

I will vote for it because it looks great, but is there really anything of note that doesn't get Greenlit at this point?

My prediction is this will be Greenlit in the very next batch. At worst, the one after that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I unlocked "backdoors" whatever that means. I need to stop using functions just so it unlocks story, and start using the shit I actually want to use, where I want to use it

edit: oh cool got a
summon / pet
spell, game just "clicked" lol. Im a sucker for those in these games

Sober

Is it just me or is it hilarious that quite a few RTS releases in recent history and future are just re-releases? AOE2, Homeworld, RON ... it's like everyone else gave up on the WarCraft lineage of RTS' except for Blizzard until someone realizes a cheap way to capitalize it is to re-release old RTSs instead.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
260230 Game Valiant Hearts: The Great War™ / Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre™

Excellent naming job, Ubisoft. You must be 4k or higher to use this ride.

Dolor

Is it just me or is it hilarious that quite a few RTS releases in recent history and future are just re-releases? AOE2, Homeworld, RON ... it's like everyone else gave up on the WarCraft lineage of RTS' except for Blizzard until someone realizes a cheap way to capitalize it is to re-release old RTSs instead.

I'll take that over no releases, but yes I agree.

Maybe some of the indie developers trying so hard to make the next big 2D platformer with a twist should move on to lesser served genres.

DasFool

Was browsing my card collection and noticed Strike Suit Infinity cards are worth way more than average. ~30 cents for a regular, upwards of $2.50 for a foil.

Do they just look cool or is there something more to this?

Tellaerin

Was browsing my card collection and noticed Strike Suit Infinity cards are worth way more than average. ~30 cents for a regular, upwards of $2.50 for a foil.

I've noticed anime-esque cards tend to go for more than others in general.

Bought this one for myself already but the guys at 4A deserve more sales from me. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_586x192.jpg

Metro Redux Bundle -- MB-4B6AD6088804DF5C - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 91 entrants total.

t1401568232z1.png

Lomax

It only has five cards, so the total badge price is still only about $1.25, or under 50 cents more if you already have three, which becomes more tempting for people. It also hasn't been bundled and it's been over three months since the last sale (before which cards were in the 35-40 cent each range).

Parsnip

Seems like some people are having some problems with the SSF4AE transition. I just installed mine, it's been ages since I played any of it. My Ibuki is going to be rusty as hell.

sleepykyo

Are the obscura games really as bad as the metacritic scores indicate? Or maybe I should ask, if I was one of the few that liked illbleed would I like the obscura games?

Amzin

I unlocked "backdoors" whatever that means. I need to stop using functions just so it unlocks story, and start using the shit I actually want to use, where I want to use it

edit: oh cool got a
summon / pet
spell, game just "clicked" lol. Im a sucker for those in these games

If you just unlocked that I feel like it may be a bit early to criticize the story :p although by that point I think I had figured out what was going on from reading the function tidbits unlocked + the consoles + dialogue + the original trailer. There's details to fill in yet (I'm 5 hours in now and feels like almost at the end) but the story felt very straightforward. The setting is what is unique.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
last thing, these limiters, are they like halo skulls, making the game harder I presume? game just throws shit at you with no warning, dark souls style

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
last thing, these limiters, are lik halo skulls, making the game harder I presume? game just throws shit at you with no warning, dark souls style

I actually found the lack of hand-holding a refreshing change of pace. And yes, limiters increase the difficulty, but also increase the experience earned.

Knurek

I actually found the lack of hand-holding a refreshing change of pace. And yes, limiters increase the difficulty, but also increase the experience earned.

Uh-oh, jshackles, I think Enhanced Steam just had a brainfart.
It marks the newly released The Fall as being the cheapest on Desura ($0.00), and links to Fall game, which judging from screenshots is a completely different game.
Still, I'd fix that if possible, as it might turn some people off of buying.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Uh-oh, jshackles, I think Enhanced Steam just had a brainfart.
It marks the newly released The Fall as being the cheapest on Desura ($0.00), and links to Fall game, which judging from screenshots is a completely different game.
Still, I'd fix that if possible, as it might turn some people off of buying.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to get this corrected.

Grief.exe

I actually found the lack of hand-holding a refreshing change of pace.

Agreed.

I also really enjoyed playing the game through with all 10 limiters on, made your skill choices much more interesting and substantially increased the difficulty of the encounters.

However, I don't recommend 10 limiters until you have all of the abilities available.

I wish they had some harder achievements, I would love to play through the game again.

Levyne

Banned
I believe the Transistor limiters are a carry over from a very similar Bastion gameplay item (Artifacts?). A pretty nifty mechanic, overall.

Grief.exe

What the heck? That's great news.
Instant Wishlisted. Now to the summer sale!

Hard to justify even then unless Epic or EA commit to removing GFWL. Apparently, you cannot play this game in offline mode.

Not sure if cracking the exe will work in this case.

Bought this one for myself already but the guys at 4A deserve more sales from me. Good luck!

Thanks for posting that. I hope i win it as im looking forward to seeing how Metro Redux looks and I've never played Metro LL.

Speaking of which, finished 2033 yesterday. Guys, that shit is legit a good fucking game. This is being a bit reductive but here it goes: Imagine if a Call of Duty's campaign was meshed with Stalker's bleak atmosphere but also paced like a Half Life game, only it also looks better than all of those games ever have.

Yeah, that's Metro 2033, and it's well worth your time.

Rhaknar

I loved 2033. I really should play LL, but now with redux coming, I wanna wait (which renders my purchase of LL completely useless lol)

I hope the AI has been fixed in the new Metro version. I couldn't play the game stealthily at all.. (which is how I wanted to play it). The enemies were super sensitive to my tiniest moves.

Lomax

Just to reiterate, Bulletstorm is completely unplayable even in single player if GFWL is down, you can't even get past the start screen. Maybe an offline profile or a crack would mitigate that, but the last time I tried to play it a year or so ago was when GFWL was giving me headaches and I couldn't get it to run at all.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I read the logo as Slammbo when I was looking at new releases on Steam earlier, and immediately thought it was some sort of space jam parody game.

Instead I got:

Reviews

“...High production values, unique setting, beautiful graphics...”
100% – Four Fat Chicks

“Easily one of the most unusual and beautiful adventure games released in the past few years.”
92% – netjak

“Everything about the game-play has been carefully thought through”
75% – Just Adventure

About the Game

It's the 3rd century BC, despite being supported by thousands of mercenaries, Carthage has just been overrun by its sworn enemy, the Romans, during the first Punic War. In the midst of the killing, Salammbo, the daughter of the commander of the Carthaginian forces, falls in love with the leader of the mercenaries, Matho, who is laying siege to the city as he demands payment for his services.

Inspired by the novel of Gustave Flaubert and the works of Phillippe Druillet, Salammbo: Battle for Carthage puts you in the middle of two of antiquities greatest powers. Can you deliver Salammbo's message before it's too late?

Joe Molotov

Just to reiterate, Bulletstorm is completely unplayable even in single player if GFWL is down, you can't even get past the start screen. Maybe an offline profile or a crack would mitigate that, but the last time I tried to play it a year or so ago was when GFWL was giving me headaches and I couldn't get it to run at all.

You have to uninstall the version of GFWL that it automatically installs when you download it, and download the newest version of the GFWL client from Microsoft. I did this just a few days ago, and it still works just fine.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pc/DownloadClient

Lomax

You have to uninstall the version of GFWL that it automatically installs when you download it, and download the newest version of the GFWL client from Microsoft. I did this just a few days ago, and it still works just fine.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pc/DownloadClient

So you're saying that you can play the single player offline if you have this new version of GFWL? Or just that it fixes some of the GFWL problems? Because when I tried to play if it couldn't connect to GFWL, it wouldn't let you into the game at all, and I've heard other people say the same thing.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
AE apparently getting blown the fuck up in the move from GFWL to steamworks. Netcode worse and jittery, stuttering online and off, audio issues, lighting issues, etc.

Joe Molotov

So you're saying that you can play the single player offline if you have this new version of GFWL? Or just that it fixes some of the GFWL problems? Because when I tried to play if it couldn't connect to GFWL, it wouldn't let you into the game at all, and I've heard other people say the same thing.

You should be able to log into GFWL if you have the new version of the GFWL client.

Dr Dogg

AE apparently getting blown the fuck up in the move from GFWL to steamworks. Netcode worse and jittery, stuttering online and off, audio issues, lighting issues, etc.

Welcome to the world of guinea pig testing by the customer. I've put Watch_Dogs on the back burner until a patch comes out as I'm looking for faults with it instead of enjoying the game now. Still Mario Kart 8 is the shit!

You sure? Seems the same as ever. 60fps with no stuttering anywhere, first couple online matches I played didn't even feel any different than a couple days ago on GFWL. One guy had a good connection so it was great, the other guy didn't and it was kinda laggy.

derExperte

Welcome to the world of guinea pig testing by the customer. I've put Watch_Dogs on the back burner until a patch comes out as I'm looking for faults with it instead of enjoying the game now. Still Mario Kart 8 is the shit!

Doesn't that have some frame-stutter issue as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom