• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ignite -- MB-E69E36821A541E3C - Taken by Casimir. 4 entrants total.
Race Injection -- MB-AEF559D2F364E043 - Taken by Pop. 5 entrants total.
Metal Drift -- MB-DDE6A7E65953E0A5 - Taken by VikasNarula
Zero Gear -- MB-DC2582DC16ED902F - Taken by Evrain. 3 entrants total.

t1399314941z1.png

Start your engines!

Lococycle just became my 900th game. No regrets.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Race Injection -- MB-5578F09D7F239DC1 - Taken by ricochetguro

It's like 6 separate games.

kudoboi

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Zero Gear -- MB-685C60EAF161F691 - Taken by Sammichu
edit: wow nobody wants zero gear :(

StAidan

Do you shout out loud like you're a Viking warrior-god while you play? I credit that with helping me get halfway through the second level.

Haha... I'll have to try that, but not too loud since I only play it when the kids are sleeping. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was able to run Empire at War just fine without using a key... What do you need it for?

People who've bought the game while Valve's had no keys to distribute can't play it as the very first thing Steam does when you load up a title with third-party keys is retrieve them. All keys are assumed to be for activation and so if supply has run dry or the key servers are down then playing the game is impossible (cracks aside).

The saga of Dark Souls continues.

I kept exploring the Goddamn Hellhole (Blighttown) and learned (the hard way) how to deal with poisons. I think I may be missing something, as moving on water is quite slow, but I found a technique after thinking of an old videogame colleague. Do a barrel roll.
After a thousand poison mosquitoes and rock flinging bastards, I came into this strange mound. I saw a couple of strange egg-guys on the ground. Non hostile. Are they praying?. Yeah I would not like to have my daily pray to Superman to be interrupted as well. I let them be.
Soon I saw the fog door and prepared myself with my best armor. Oh neat, boss intro, I like these.
5ABBBFB2DB19EFCB6445F81ED803111275E7FB3E

You remind me of an ex-girlfriend.
B34AAE4C0A044A7C1E1BFF6FB57AAE7CDC70F212

Yep, just like her.
Man, she kicked my butt, sword attacks and lava spits! I kept trying a couple of more times and she kept killing me. Then a friend asked me "why don't you summon help?". And so I did. Turned human, killed an invader (a computer generated one seems to me) and summon a nice and aggressive fella to help. We reached the mound and another summon brought an almost naked lady. With such amounts of help, the fight was a cake.
3822ED9C17926C299B2968BFC6FAC2194FE5A479

Everybody was kung-fu fighting!
I parted from my buddies and moved on.
I rang the bell (hey I had forgotten about this quest!) and saw in a cutscene as a door near the blacksmith opened. Also a fire message instructed me to discover a secret passage and found another egg-guy and another ex-girlfriend. This one seems ill and I felt tempted to kill her, but I spoke to her and she reinforced my Estus Flask and gave me a stronger Pyromancy. Good Spider-Girl. I kinda like you now.
966E925D577A79E93DC69748304179026494E83F

No, I'm not staring at your boobs...
After exploring a bit more, came into the Demon's Ruins or something like that, But I don't feel like exploring a lava level right now. Tracked back all the way to the blacksmith but discovered that somehow the Firelink bonfire no longer works. Need to investigate this further.
I went into Shen's Fortress and found a new enemy, Snake Man!
Snakeman.png

I defeated them and advanced, but the next room is a Tomb Raider like level with hanging gigantic axes. That wasn't truly difficult, the problem comes from a Snake Man sniper up there. Decided to come back and buy some arrows. When I was with the blacksmith I remembered something. That Hydra from the forest had lived for far too long, a visit was in due. I was surprised how easily I killed it, a single heavy hit from my axe killed a head. I went upwards from the waterfall and came into another forest, and what I believe is the other side of the magic door near the bonfire. I was killed by a sneaky knight and a sorcerer. But I will return.

My saga of Dark Souls... is far from over.

Cool gaems

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ignite -- MB-87F6BB9E628BFC1E - Taken by Purkake4
Race Injection -- MB-8A9954A1E1D7A27F - Taken by cardinalmind
Metal Drift -- MB-B6905814F73800B0 - Taken by Scipius
Zero Gear -- MB-C5DE1B1F643CB0CC - Taken by topyy

BTW I tested Dark Souls 2 to set settings, and man, that game runs silky! and a LOT of customizable ways to do a character.
I will enjoy this.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So yeah, trading is a slippery slope of addiction... I had my game buying habit pretty much controlled and then discovering this and the PSN sale happened.

You don't want to hear the truth? Here's another objective truthfact (my opinion is my own truth, of course): Angel of Darkness is a great game and my second favorite in the franchise :p
What? No, AoD is pure garbage, don't break my heart like this :(

So far, their response has always been nice, but basically "Don't worry, we know what we're doing." And then nothing changes.
It's really annoying, the only thing missing at this point is "Please understand" :/

JaseC

Allow me to jump on the spares bandwagon:
ModBot 2 said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ignite -- MB-F59F21959E39ADCE - Taken by johnssy123
Zero Gear -- MB-29E6C0F70488AAD7 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Metal Drift -- MB-E4BAE8DDDA622318 - Taken by _hekk05
Race bundle (07 + expansions + Injection) -- MB-E390D47043992C9C - Taken by BorntoPlay

I was playing Deadly Premonition a few minutes ago. I had to do a "follow that person" mission, that made me stop playing the game for a while. So I decided to finally finish it, and keep playing. Actually following the person, takes about 10mins to do. The driving in the game is pretty bad, added along with having to actually follow another driver.

So I finally pass that part, and get into the next area. Then "dp.exe has stopped working" happened. This always happens during the worst of times :(

Now it'll take me another long while before I start that game back up again.

beep beep

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Race Injection -- MB-B1D7A4E6F56CC926 - Taken by Gianni Merryman - Taken by Gianni Merryman

aku:jiki

Is Microsoft taking part in a bundle, and one of the lesser bundle sites no less, kind of mindblowing or have they done it before?

It makes sense because LocoCycle blows and probably failed miserably, but still an impressive pull for Gala.

About old games, how is SiN Gold? it's on sale on GOG for 4$.
Ohmagosh, you need to play this. It's a great FPS, one of the last of its kind (a mix of 3D Realms and Quake/Doom developers made it), and there's a lot of great maps to play through. Excellent gunplay and interactivity, and it looked quite good when it came out.

e01ecZZ.png

I haven't played the game in at least a decade, so all I can really say is that it's a solid shooter with some interesting world interaction elements, particularly considering its time (ATMs, phones, and so on). For whatever reason, the Steam version of the game is actually slightly censored (just little things like no nudey calendars), but the GOG version is not. I contacted MumboJumbo earlier in the year asking if it intends to bring SiN Gold to Steam but just got the usual "We've no information about that" response, however assuming a six-month exclusivity period it should hit Steam at some point in August.
I don't think MJ's going to give Steam a pass unless the GOG version sells well, and it hasn't been doing that for some time now. Maybe a classic promo can help.

kudoboi

I must have missed something. Is LocoCycle a good game or a bad game? it has a lot of positive reviews on Steam but performed badly in the press.

I suspect Sony still owns the IP, as they published the original game.

Considering it's limited to Sony consoles I'm going to hazard a guess and say that Sony's agreed to fund the project somewhat if the goal is met.
Yeah, probably something like this. Still felt the need to complain somewhere.
One of my favourite games, even though FreQuency was better.

EDIT: Yeah, Sony is already promoting it
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/05/help-harmonix-revive-ps2-rhythm-action-classic-amplitude/
Dang...that's pretty high for a ps2 HD port for only 2 consoles.
Sounds like they will use new songs, so it's not really a straight up port.

_hekk05

Banned
Thanks JaseC for metal drift.

I now have second thoughts about Child of Light. I just can't go around breaking my boycott of uPlay for no good reason, and I dunno if CoL is good enough of a reason.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Don't want to be banned for port begging in another thread, so let me complain here

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/harmonix/amplitude

Why no PC? :(

Yeah, as others have said it's probably because Sony still owns the I.P. Weird that they just wouldn't make a spiritual successor and get it on as many platforms as possible, though.

It'll be interesting to see how this performs. Has there been a high profile game kickstarter project that hasn't had PC as a platform before?

StAidan

What? No, AoD is pure garbage, don't break my heart like this :(

AoD was actually my introduction to the series back in the day, and I actually liked a lot of the game too, in spite of the irritating bugs. That, and the fact that I never would have finished it without Gamefaqs telling me how to get past that awful red ghost boss.

I think that might have been the first time I'd never used Gamefaqs for anything.

JaseC

I don't think MJ's going to give Steam a pass unless the GOG version sells well, and it hasn't been doing that for some time now. Maybe a classic promo can help.

I couldn't disagree more, really, for a couple of reasons:

1) SiN Gold wouldn't have cost MumboJumbo anything as the reason GOG is so popular even among publishers like EA and Activision is that CDPR does the work in exchange for temporary GOG exclusivity -- this is most obviously exampled by Squeenix, who brings its GOG games to Steam after about 6 months
2) I doubt MumboJumbo actually has any sales expectations since the game has been available on Steam for close to a decade, albeit in a slightly censored form and without the Wages of Sin expansion

Even if SiN Gold sold one copy on GOG there'd be absolutely zero reason not to bring it to Steam because it would literally just be a matter of copying/pasting the GOG store page info and uploading the GOG build of the game (minus the GOG-specific files, although Interplay didn't even bother with that when it brought Descent to Steam).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah, probably something like this. Still felt the need to complain somewhere.
One of my favourite games, even though FreQuency was better.

EDIT: Yeah, Sony is already promoting it
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/05/help-harmonix-revive-ps2-rhythm-action-classic-amplitude/

Souds like they will use new songs so, so it's not really a straight up port.

Nirolak post sums up my "feel" about that Kickstarter:

Just to make sure I understand this correctly: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/05/amplitude-reboot-announced-for-playstation-4-ps3

Originally Posted by IGN

PlayStation exclusivity is a result of Harmonix wanting to make a pure Amplitude game, rather than a spiritual successor on multiple platforms.“We didn’t want to get into a production schedule where we were creating something like Amplitude,” Art director Ryan Lesser told IGN. “We really wanted to bring this awesome game back for people. It made more sense for us with our original partner [Sony].”

1.) This is Sony's IP, so it's exclusive to Sony platforms.

2.) Sony isn't funding it.

3.) Despite having a multi hundred million dollar payout from Viacom and multiple venture capitalists/angel investors backing them over time, they need to do a kickstarter for $775,000 to fund a game in an IP they don't own that the IP owner refuses to fund themselves.

This is... one of the odder kickstarters I've seen I've got to be honest.

Dr Dogg

Yeah, as others have said it's probably because Sony still owns the I.P. Weird that they just wouldn't make a spiritual successor and get it on as many platforms as possible, though.

It'll be interesting to see how this performs. Has there been a high profile game kickstarter project that hasn't had PC as a platform before?

You know what I'm struggling to think of any successful kickstarter or indiegogo campaign that has been for software only that has not had a pc release factored in let alone the higher profile ones.

Edit: Actually 1 and that was Star Command which was iOS and Android only. Might be a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom