• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You know what I'm struggling to think of any successful kickstarter or indiegogo campaign that has been for software only that has not had a pc release factored in let alone the higher profile ones.

Edit: Actually 1 and that was Star Command which was iOS and Android only. Might be a few others.

Yeah, there have definitely been a few Mobile exclusive projects that got backing.

This is definitely a rare bird as a console-only kickstarter.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Saw this the other day and it's a shame it hasn't been removed yet. It also made me realize how much I hate the "ultra epic" ascii art spam, even if it's used ironically.

Which is why Enhanced Steam has a feature to filter those things out. :)

I couldn't disagree more, really, for a couple of reasons:
Sounds right, but I wouldn't put it past them to be lazy and forget to update the Steam version. If they don't care about sales expectations, why fix what they half-heartedly support?

Point is, this game's on sale on GOG and can be played with the Steam overlay. I guess a Steam version could have Steamplay and cheevos, though.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Don't want to be banned for port begging in another thread, so let me complain here

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/harmonix/amplitude

Why no PC? :(
That is quite an odd kickstarter... I'd probably back it if it were so they could get it onto another platforms, but as is I don't think so.

AoD was actually my introduction to the series back in the day, and I actually liked a lot of the game too, in spite of the irritating bugs. That, and the fact that I never would have finished it without Gamefaqs telling me how to get past that awful red ghost boss.

I think that might have been the first time I'd never used Gamefaqs for anything.
I can forgive that instance, since one tends to be more forgiving to "first-times"
*wink* *wink* *nudge*
, but trust me it's not a good game, which was incredibly disappointing to say the least, the game had a lot of hype back then.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sounds right, but I wouldn't put it past them to be lazy and forget to update the Steam version. If they don't care about sales expectations, why fix what they half-heartedly support?

I'm not seeing a correlation there. Not caring about sales wouldn't be an indicator of apathy in this case because there's simply no merit in using the sales data of a Gold Edition of a game that's been widely available elsewhere for 8 years (albeit in a somewhat less-complete form) to inform the decision of whether or not to expand its availability, an act which would practically be free unless you take into account the wage of the employee doing the work. :p

Edit: It's also worth noting that SiN Gold is Mumbo's first GOG game and it has brought a few games to Steam since the year began. The outlook is good that this is just a Squeenix situation.

Point is, this game's on sale on GOG and can be played with the Steam overlay. I guess a Steam version could have Steamplay and cheevos, though.

Steam achievements would be unlikely since they're not already present in some other form. Cards wouldn't be out of the question, though.

StAidan

That is quite an odd kickstarter... I'd probably back it if it were so they could get it onto another platforms, but as is I don't think so.

I can forgive that instance, since one tends to be more forgiving to "first-times"
*wink* *wink* *nudge*
, but trust me it's not a good game, which was incredibly disappointing to say the least, the game had a lot of hype back then.

Fair enough, I suppose. I went back and played the first game (and part of the second) later on and honestly felt a little better about those. Since then, I've only played the first few areas of Legends, so I'm not really a Tomb Raider connoisseur -- just someone who's enjoyed the handful of times I've tried the series.

Got the Star Wars collection finally for 16 bucks so yay! Already had Kotor II and most of the other games on various platforms but it's nice to have it all on PC and in once place on steam. Looking forward to replaying some of these games, although installing all the various mods and widescreen fixes will be a hassle.

Also: Screw Force Unleashed II coming before the first game.

Edit: Jeez, Force Unleashed is 30 gbs compared to the sequel which is only 10.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks JaseC for metal drift.

I now have second thoughts about Child of Light. I just can't go around breaking my boycott of uPlay for no good reason, and I dunno if CoL is good enough of a reason.
I think it is. I'm loving the game so far.

Disclaimer: I assume no responsibility if you end up thinking it wasn't worth it.

The saga of Dark Souls continues.

I defeated them and advanced, but the next room is a Tomb Raider like level with hanging gigantic axes. That wasn't truly difficult, the problem comes from a Snake Man sniper up there. Decided to come back and buy some arrows. When I was with the blacksmith I remembered something. That Hydra from the forest had lived for far too long, a visit was in due. I was surprised how easily I killed it, a single heavy hit from my axe killed a head. I went upwards from the waterfall and came into another forest, and what I believe is the other side of the magic door near the bonfire. I was killed by a sneaky knight and a sorcerer. But I will return.

My saga of Dark Souls... is far from over.

Just wait...

Is there any sort of easy resource for updating all the games in the Star Wars collection? Widescreen fixes, textures, etc.

5 games away from 500 on steam! Only downhill from here.

Edit: Steam acting up for anyone else? Download is sputtering between 3 MBs and just stopping.

Dr Dogg

Holy crap. Those are shit, but it takes a very special kind of shit to do Shadow Cats

It doesn't look that bad and certainly better than anything I could be bothered to put together. Plus have you read the list of features? Harnessing the power of "Needs" going to the toilet bestows a +50% Critical Hit bonus. Oddly though you can play as either a Shadow or Demon cat. Why don't Demon Cats get equal billing?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Planet Stronghold is now available for $17.09, a discount of 10% off. It's been bundled before, so expect keys.

About the Game

Planet Stronghold is a sci-fi role-playing game with a turn-based combat system.

You take the role of a young, new recruit that somehow gets assigned to the most well-known, and well-defended, human outpost in the whole galaxy: Planet Stronghold.

As the story goes on, you'll have to choose a side in a a war that will change the destiny of the planet, and of humankind, forever.

Featuring old-school turn based tactical battles, a dynamic plot that changes based on your choices, several possible solutions to each situation using various non-combat skills, Planet Stronghold delivers a very high replayability!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap. Those are shit, but it takes a very special kind of shit to do Shadow Cats

This seems like a game I would really like to play. Most games you hope are good or at least decent. This on the other hand could go either way and be entertaining.

Other thoughts:

-The aesthetic is actually charming, reminds me of my drawings when I was young.
-This game is going to have multiplayer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just Scania Truck Simulator, Journal and the Axis Game Factory DLC for me as far as the Weeklies are concerned, which is a refreshing change of pace.

Dr Dogg

Damn that Deadfall price is still horrific. Saw King Arthur on sale and though may as well pick up the DLC I'm missing but surprise, surprise Paradox thought otherwise.

Edit: Sometimes I feel I'm the only mug who still has 50ppp and NeoGAF Classic Theme going on.

Oh god what the fuck. I'm on the black theme but it just turned white. MY EYES

devilsrainjohntravoltanoeyes.jpg

Tellaerin

Welp, true to form, I ended up dithering over what to buy until the sale ended and didn't pull the trigger on anything. :p (Though to be fair, it was a little more complicated than that this time. I had decided to try to pick up Prototype and Jedi Academy, idled cards like a maniac, and literally came up 10 cents short with cards still sitting on the marketplace when the buzzer rang. "Almost there! C'mon, just buy a couple more...! Shit.") Definitely going to try to snag Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy at some point in the future
whenever they go on sale again
after all the praise they've gotten, and I appreciated the suggestions and feedback. Thanks, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom