• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
...i got this game for $1 off humble bundle weeks ago...

Makes sense since it's a Winter Wolves game. Something similar happened with Always Remember Me.

And welcome to the superior theme to use in the day, heathens. The dark theme is only good at night/in the dark, learn to accept your new default overlord.

augh

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Angvik -- MB-F009CB20FF884516 - Taken by StAidan. 4 entrants total.

t1399311746z1.png

Nzyme32

Who on earth uses the Light theme anyway?

I just turned down my brightness.

FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT!

I'm using f.lux that usually adapts screen colour and brightness/contrast to match time of day... but it has a dark room mode meant for photographers, so everything now looks like some sort of black and red terminator vision theme. Better than bright light theme

didamangi

My eyes!!!!

Finished Dark Souls 2 totally blind, just for that I enjoyed it more than Dark Souls. Too bad most of the bosses are pushovers though, final boss included. Would like to see some more Sm
elter
De
mon
type boss in the game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I would probably buy Deadfall Adventures if it were even 66% off ($14.99).

$19.99 just seems too high still.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Strangely Steam does only have a (locked down) RU sub for the retail version: http://steamdb.info/app/243930/#section_subs

I'm beginning to wonder if region restrictions are selected automatically based on keywords (Russia, RU/CIS, and so on) or some other indication of region specificity. It'd certainly explain the recent spate of retail-specific subs containing the ACRTAG flag, which is functionally useless in such cases.

Random Dark Souls 2 story time:

So I'm doing random cleanup stuff at the moment and will probably call it a day after I get the things I want to done and will save a NG+ playthrough for another time... and one thing that had happened to me, and I'm not sure why exactly, was the 2nd old knight in Heide's Tower (with the mace) just up and disappeared on me at one point. Because of this, I was never able to get his drop and I really wanted it... so I used an ascetic to make him respawn.

I had just finished carefully killing him and getting the drop and was headed immediately back to the bonfire there when, of course, I was invaded by a red phantom. This guy seemed to be pretty powerful and I was pretty sure I was going to die, which I wanted to avoid since I have absolutely pitiful stock of human effigies after repeated attempts to get Benhart to survive a 3rd boss fight and dealing with the 3rd section of the Dark Old Chasm. He was using dual wield and maybe switched out to a twinblade of some sort. I barely managed to escape as he had me just about stun locked and almost falling off an edge... I tried to counter to get some space as I moved behind him with almost no life and got about 2 small hits in. And this is when I noticed I was doing good knockback on him. I somehow managed to get an estus flask off to refill my health as I backed up the pathway (carefully) to where you enter the map.he managed to come at me, break my guard again, but ran out of stamina when I had a smidge of life left... by then, my stamina had regenerated a good deal so I moved 90 degrees to his side, did a 3 hit combo and pushed his ass off the edge.

I was ecstatic... so I went to the bonfire and traveled back to Majula. I made use of the item I had sought to get and then took stock of what I wanted to do before going to my next checkpoint. It was here that I noticed that I had somehow gained 5.8 million souls.

I'm guessing that my attacker was just PvP killing left and right and had nothing to do with his souls... and I was probably the first person to kill him in a long while... so I'm guessing for managing to be resourceful and take advantage of the situation, I was rewarded with a huge chunk of souls. I was already at SL 147 and the leftover souls after I bought some of the boss armor I was missing, allowed me to gain 15 levels.

Awesome.

Tellaerin

I finished it.

I've only gotten a little ways into it myself, but I've enjoyed what I've played. The hybrid JRPG/visual novel approach is neat - in some ways it reminds me of a tabletop game, where you have stats, gear and combat to deal with, but there's more emphasis on character interaction and the decisions you make. The inventory management could definitely use some refinement, but overall, I'd give it a thumbs up. Hopefully we'll see more games in this vein.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

So I'm doing random cleanup stuff at the moment and will probably call it a day after I get the things I want to done and will save a NG+ playthrough for another time... and one thing that had happened to me, and I'm not sure why exactly, was the 2nd old knight in Heide's Tower (with the mace) just up and disappeared on me at one point. Because of this, I was never able to get his drop and I really wanted it... so I used an ascetic to make him respawn.

I had just finished carefully killing him and getting the drop and was headed immediately back to the bonfire there when, of course, I was invaded by a red phantom. This guy seemed to be pretty powerful and I was pretty sure I was going to die, which I wanted to avoid since I have absolutely pitiful stock of human effigies after repeated attempts to get Benhart to survive a 3rd boss fight and dealing with the 3rd section of the Dark Old Chasm. He was using dual wield and maybe switched out to a twinblade of some sort. I barely managed to escape as he had me just about stun locked and almost falling off an edge... I tried to counter to get some space as I moved behind him with almost no life and got about 2 small hits in. And this is when I noticed I was doing good knockback on him. I somehow managed to get an estus flask off to refill my health as I backed up the pathway (carefully) to where you enter the map.he managed to come at me, break my guard again, but ran out of stamina when I had a smidge of life left... by then, my stamina had regenerated a good deal so I moved 90 degrees to his side, did a 3 hit combo and pushed his ass off the edge.

I was ecstatic... so I went to the bonfire and traveled back to Majula. I made use of the item I had sought to get and then took stock of what I wanted to do before going to my next checkpoint. It was here that I noticed that I had somehow gained 5.8 million souls.

I'm guessing that my attacker was just PvP killing left and right and had nothing to do with his souls... and I was probably the first person to kill him in a long while... so I'm guessing for managing to be resourceful and take advantage of the situation, I was rewarded with a huge chunk of souls. I was already at SL 147 and the leftover souls after I bought some of the boss armor I was missing, allowed me to gain 15 levels.

Awesome.

Sounds like a hacker to me. I haven't done much PVP in Dark Souls II but from the 15something invaders I fought at least a third of them were hackers

It's fixed already but if you opened a fresh page at the time, you would be assaulted with a nuclear dawn.

I never open a fresh page except at the end of the month where we switch to new Steam thread. Otherwise it's a huge and endless page with live thread for me.

Tellaerin

Future Wars is 110% off >.<

90% off now. ($0.49). Wonder if it's worth grabbing. (I see people having fits in the comments section because of the lack of online multiplayer, but I wouldn't be playing it for that, and that's the main thing anyone seems to care about. The appeal of Advance Wars for me didn't come from playing against humans, either. :p )

Tizoc

Oh thank Ronan we're back and so is the Dark thme.

SO, Playfire just registered the Star Wars games I've played, I've got one or two more to run for the first time then I should be left with just Battlefront 2 and that one other game and I'm golden.

Grief.exe

Awesome.

Your Soul Memory is fucked now lol

I keep my SL intentionally low as I have more fun with the challenge and have the build I want so no real need to level up. Whenever I PVP I run into these monsters who are probably SL 200+

derExperte

I would probably buy Deadfall Adventures if it were even 66% off ($14.99).

$19.99 just seems too high still.

Playing the first levels during the free weekend has convinced me to get the game (even the multiplayer was entertaining) but it needs to get lower.

I'm beginning to wonder if region restrictions are added automatically based on keywords (Russia, RU/CIS, and so on).

Too inconsistent and too many cases where the locks were added later or not at all.

Don't want to be banned for port begging in another thread, so let me complain here

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/harmonix/amplitude

Why no PC? :(

Wouldn't even need PC, would need Vita.

Khronico

I'm actually pretty excited to play Planet Stronghold when steam keys are sent out for HB buyers. It kinda reminds me of SMT Strange Journey.

Evrain

Though I'll be forced to skip on Outlast thanks to my outstanding credit card balance, I wanted to ask for some advice: are there any "current trend" survival horror games out there in the vein of Amnesia and Outlast where the scares are genuine and yet you are not a complete piece of wood unable to even throw a punch? Defenselessness be damned, if I were in an abandoned mental institution I'd grab the nearest impromptu weapon, not whine...
Not something where you are a powerhouse à la RE6, but neither something where you are a sitting duck à la Dark Descent.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Why does he shoot at all passengers?!

From the game's description:

Watch out, though! The threat of terrorists is always looming over you. You must do all you can to protect the passengers and yourself while foiling the terrorist&#8217;s plot.

The twist is that all of the passengers are terrorists.

You were the terrorist all along.
</shamalamadingdong>

So many twists and turns in this amazing game. Truly GOAT material.

Ah, I didn't read the description thoroughly, now it makes some sense, although based on the trailer I am still under the impression it's the player shooting rndomly at passengers..

To be fair, it's not like anyone should really read the game's description. I'm guessing the "game" will have an extra mode where you can play as a terrorist.

I still believe it has to be a (very bad) joke.

It has to be. Not a good joke, but there's no way anyone could produce something like this, sit back in their chair and say "I made a legitimately good game, and will now sell it."

Extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ethan Meteor Hunter -- MB-D30B69A05EFAFCA7 - Taken by Sub Zero
Gravi -- MB-AA7CFCA6C39AB20C - Taken by nature boy
Poof -- MB-31DEF7DA992CBB8A - Taken by trailmix16
ulgzbKC.png
Collateral (Desura) -- MB-FF02294380003C7A - Taken by Benedict
ulgzbKC.png
Sylia Act I (Desura) -- MB-84EC7ED14C000B76

Reposting for new page:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ethan Meteor Hunter -- MB-D30B69A05EFAFCA7
Gravi -- MB-AA7CFCA6C39AB20C
Poof -- MB-31DEF7DA992CBB8A
ulgzbKC.png
Collateral (Desura) -- MB-FF02294380003C7A
ulgzbKC.png
Sylia Act I (Desura) -- MB-84EC7ED14C000B76

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Too inconsistent and too many cases where the locks were added later or not at all.

As a recently-added feature, I mean, not dating back to when Valve began offering region restrictions. Looking at the 10 most recent RU+CIS subs, the only one without OARIC/ACRTAG is Carmageddon Reincarnation's. Given Stainless didn't make any changes to Reincarnation's sub, allow me to replace "automatically added" with "automatically selected".

Edit: As I just edited into the post you quoted, this would well explain why so many recent region-specific subs that are specifically for retail keys have or did have ACRTAG applied even though it's completely useless in such cases.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Famaze, a game included in the last batch of Greenlight approved titles, is now available for $3.74, currently at a discount of 25%.

About the Game

Famaze is a retro themed puzzle adventure game. The game combines charming SNES era visuals and sound, randomized "roguelike"mazes, strategy and puzzles, rpg elements, and a fun lighthearted story. The game is simple to pick up but offers endless replay because of the procedural nature of its levels.

Also Planet Stronghold Steam keys, for both the game and its DLC, are now available from Humble Bundle.

Ugh... another mobile game.

It's also a browser game, apparently, if that's any better.

There's also this:

Didn't even notice that one, good catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom