• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorntoPlay

we hardly Nuuvem!?

tumblr_m2lcbtB88Y1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Lomax

Is Shadowrun Chronicles the other less talked about Kickstarter game?

Yeah it is, apparently they abandoned the f2p MMO idea. It's done by the same people who did Aerena and the combat in that game is decent so that combat in SR may be decent. I wish I had picked it up super cheap on Bundlestars now but I had expected it to go f2p. My guess is it will end up bundled before too long though.

I'm pretty terrible at RTS games, I'm playing the tutorial in Dawn of War and failing miserably against a super passive A.I because I'm terrible at splitting my attention between managing my workers, buildings and units across the map.

I need my Astartes :(

Yeah, it would be nice if they made a sequel and we got to find out what happened to Titus as well as murder a bajillion more Orcs. Maybe some Eldar and Tyranid. Or just, anything. But I don't see Sega bank rolling another Space Marine. That kind of game clearly required a publisher with questionable decision making, like THQ, to get greenlit.

BruteUA

I, for one, enjoyed the brief yet glorious reign of the benevolent morningbus. A modern-day Cincinnatus, I hope he answers the call when we need him again.

KingKong

This month is going to be so good, Wolfenstein then Axiom Verge then Witcher 3 which should last me until the summer sale

Take this someone, please. Got the key for Gaf not for me.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Dirty Bomb Closed Beta -- MB-4015FADDEAD35905 - Taken by Henry Swanson
WHOA! Thanks a lot for your help. So many!
My pleasure. No worries fellow connoisseur of technical espionage action ;)
You're taunting me? Not cool.
There are no FRIENDSHIPS in this game... only FATALITIES & BRUTALITIES.
Aw, just to ease your pain buddy. I once lost 16 hours save game. Don't remember the game but it was more shitty than assumed. Replaying that was not fun since I knew everything and worst thing, in the end I realized that the game only had a few more "new" hours.
If I had only known...

Reminds me. I didn't manually back up my 150 hour save of Dark Souls. Loosing that would be.. damn, that would suck. Scary stuff.
Sorry about the dozens of hours you lost. I hope I don't know you well enough to think you won't play anymore?

Grief.exe

Someone found the memory address that was kicking the game down to a 33ms update if you went over a certain power limit. Effectively if you have the GPU grunt now the game wont kick down to 30fps at about 65-70% utilisation. It's not perfect and there's still spotty areas but I'm willing to give it a whirl. Problem is that the dude posted it in a general 'Performace Sux!!!' thread so finding it is turning into a bit of a pain.

Does that fix go for FFXIII as well? Or has Square patched it effectively?

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 31 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek -- MB-E4608811825873CF - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
Coma:Mortuary -- MB-D13AF8B80D6E2928 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Cyberpunk 3776 -- MB-1EADDE11FC7FBE86 - Taken by louiedog. 10 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-7E2AF740219FA3EF - Taken by Madn. 9 entrants total.
Brink of Consciousness Dorian Gray Syndrome CE -- MB-BC1DD95850900760 - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.
Dark Arcana The Carnival -- MB-54547E51C374F290 - Taken by redlacs. 4 entrants total.
AR-K -- MB-D06899CE8CA7EE6F - Taken by Pakkidis. 6 entrants total.

Slinki -- MB-8E61B5E78D7057CE - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Bejeweled 3 -- MB-B68066EE282E4EFC - Taken by PandaPedinte. 1 entrants total.
Doom & Destiny -- MB-5F94EE143AFC7BCC - Taken by dot. 3 entrants total.
Save the Furries -- MB-5E73AD384412DD4B - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Hexcells Infinite -- MB-E90C9E915A8E45F3 - Taken by arts&crafts. 10 entrants total.
Beyond Gravity -- MB-A357CC57122EC4B1 - Taken by auroragoryalice. 2 entrants total.
PRETENTIOUS GAME -- MB-F378E6E58D573DFE - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
House of 1,000 Doors The Palm of Zoroaster -- MB-6F8CF1B922F915C5 - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
House of 1,000 Doors Family Secrets -- MB-88F5BAEBC832989E - Taken by r3n4ud. 2 entrants total.
Zombie Solitaire -- MB-6ED2547F837905D2 - Taken by Fuu. 2 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep 3 Davy Jones -- MB-59B6D3D3EF9691B7 - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.
AERENA Masters Edition -- MB-A3B843056D524098 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
QUEST FOR INFAMY -- MB-B0347357B3481E1C - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space 2 -- MB-1D3FBD85E2AAE4E8 - Taken by Sammichu. 6 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut -- MB-88310E8BFEE7BADF - Taken by Kiru. 13 entrants total.
One Night -- MB-91E0101D33B4176D - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
bit Dungeon II -- MB-8D16D28B416C6E9F - Taken by fspm. 5 entrants total.
Three Fourths Home -- MB-3B8319149479D218 - Taken by thereisnoif. 6 entrants total.
Sinking Island -- MB-8EB14EC4902D9CCD - Taken by Gez. 1 entrants total.
East Tower Akio -- MB-77F1CDF715D2867D - Taken by Kifimbo. 6 entrants total.
Cubetractor -- MB-AC1D0007B17A1C64 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Northmark Hour of the Wolf -- MB-63E4C6E938A291E6 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
Cubicity -- MB-D14D5279882673C3 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
THE LAST DOOR COLLECTOR'S EDITION -- MB-CA93BE4CB42489E9 - Taken by Terra_Ex. 1 entrants total.

t1430446679z1.png

Guys.

I think I need to start a new run on Pillars. The GAF run.

So far, my hit list is this:

Jase Cee (Fighter)
Xyklon (Primary Wizard)
Mr. Orange (Rogue with Evilore avatar)

Okay, okay.

My main
Then:

Jase Cee (Fighter)
Xyklon (Wizard)
Tur Fe Stur or Tur'f Stur(Fighter)
Io Sefe (Wizard - because fuck Monks)
Mr. Orange (Rogue)

holy shit guys, i got a 91 on my mid term! so hype, if i would've failed that test i would have flat out failed the class, no if and ors or buts, would've straight up failed it. but now... theres still a chance
hqdefault.jpg

Card Boy

Banned
Oh wow. King's Quest Collection and Space Quest Collection are both 75% off. It's been a while since that's happened.

These are the worst versions of the games by the way, has problems with anything other than Win XP. GOG has the best versions avaiable if you want to play the original Kings Quest or Space Quest games.

It's my civic duty to post this in regards to any Kings Quest post but you can get free remakes of the first 3 games (and Quest for Glory 2!) from the guys that made Al Emmo guys so the games are in line with Kings Quest 5.

nqi7xmW.png

Heres a comparision of Kings Quest 1.

comparison.jpg

http://agdinteractive.com/games/games.htmll

• PnC Controls
  • Added story and fleshed-out characters
  • Changes to puzzles
  • Enhanced artwork and graphics to be more like Kings Quest 5 onwards
  • Remastered music
  • Added ambiance
  • Voice acting
Free to play and free to download. No catches or anything.

Also on the point of Kings Quest for those that don't know you may want to check out The Silver Lining.

It's free and an unofficial sequel to the Kings Quest series made by the Cognition: Erica Reed devs.

Dsyndrome

Yay quadrupel ale and steak, what's needed for any Thursday night!

Okay, okay.

My main
Then:

Jase Cee (Fighter)
Xyklon (Wizard)
Tur Fe Stur or Tur'f Stur(Fighter)
Io Sefe (Wizard - because fuck Monks)
Mr. Orange (Rogue)
If you need someone to tend the Stronghold and fight back stupid invaders, I'm your man.

Pakkidis

I bought the original KQ and SQ collection 15-20 years ago. Still have the box/CD's. I almost feel compelled to buy these on Steam just to have them in my digital collection.

Haunted

dat new thread smell

Happy to see people recognise what a good game Space Marine was. Really satisfying melee combat.

Cth

For some reason I keep thinking of Krondor when I think of Kings quest.. are they from the same developer/publisher?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ive been watching some videos of Deus Ex HR and it kinda pisses me off how the original release which they removed from steam looks and performs better than the directors cut. I dont really understand why they would do that. I actually liked the gold tint everything had and there wasnt constant stuttering. Really happy they at least let me keep the original version and didnt merge it with the new release.

Salsa

started a new playthrough of The Thousand Year Door on Dolphin and it was a mistake cause fuck everything else now

Salsa

can you pm me the details of the post credit scene? I'm gonna watch the movie next week but I wanna know if it'll be worth staying for.

there's a scene before the "real" just black scroll credits so you only have to wait like a minute

nothing after them. known for a while too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom