• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagemusha

I don't have any Transformers games. Can I skip the DLC or is it worth it? I don't play multiplayer.

Also, do the Steam versions of King's Quest games really not run on modern systems? I have the DOS versions from GOG and they run fine.

abracadaver

it'll be like $25 on Nuuvem with the same pre-order bonus

people already got burnt by pre-ordering Arkham Knight on GMG for like $40-something before it came to Nuuvem for $28

alls im sayin. don't pre-order a game as soon as it pops up specially 7 months in advance dude. It can only get cheaper.

I want to buy my games on Steam so that it shows up in my friends activity feed :D

Also it's only 45€. I don't care if it will be a bit cheaper elsewhere, especially some shady brazilian store that might get region locked keys or no keys at all.

Salsa

I want to buy my games on Steam so that it shows up in my friends activity feed :D

Also it's only 45€. I don't care if it will be a bit cheaper elsewhere, especially some shady brazilian store that might get region locked keys or no keys at all.

Nuuvem sells Steam Keys for Steamworks games. JC2 became one, so this will be one from the get-go too, as with most non-EA, non-UBI PC releases. You get it on Steam.

edit: unless you mean you want the fact that you BOUGHT IT to show up on your Steam feed which is.. well.. you're in deep if you're up to paying way more just for that

They have never sold a key that was region locked either. Some purchases require VPN to go through, which is very easy or someone can do for you, but once you get the key; they're all free. There's nothing shady about it just because it's from Brazil dude, that's some.. weird wording.

but hey, you can obviously do what you want with your money and devs gettin more money for good games is good. Was barely a remark that you can get it cheaper and at this point in time I doubt any of us (beyond the crazies) pre-order a game full price 8 months in advance. Not trying to say anything of it rather than you could save money if you want.

derExperte

I just can't get excited enough for a game that's more than 6 months away to preorder and JC3 could very well get pushed into 2016.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hate Plus -- MB-F20C0358311FF08C - Taken by derExperte
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-4E73E300C95D330B - Taken by user237

I need to see more of JC3. JC2, for all its amazing craziness, also had that terrible system where you couldn't continue the game unless you had caused enough chaos. That rubbed me the wrong way, just let me play the game however i want to

Salsa

I need to see more of JC3. JC2, for all it's amazing craziness, also had that terrible system where you couldn't continue the game unless you had caused enough chaos. That rubbed me the wrong way, just let me play the game however i want to

Given how much they embraced the JC2 community and paid attention to mods and all (even releasing them on Steam) I doubt they have a hard time understanding where to improve the game or what people really liked / disliked about it.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

East Tower - Akio -- MB-DA98184494A20433 - Taken by spindoctor. 1 entrants total.

t1430427119z1.png

it has cards

fantomena

Just Caus 3 is a Square Enix game. It will be 50%off in two months and 75%off in four :p

Square and Warner loves putting their stuff on sale quickly.

and I love them for loving that

I just can't get excited enough for a game that's more than 6 months away to preorder and JC3 could very well get pushed into 2016.

Agreed with this. Im still not excited for Witcher 3, but I assume I will start getting excited for it 1 week before release.

Why cover and cower like filthy xeno scum when the Emperor protects?
*sign of the Aquila*

(Space Marine is good stuff)

Since your words have given you away as the resident thread 40K expert...I haven't really played the Dawn of War games despite owning the entire series for years apparently. Is the first DoW and its expansions worth playing? Or should I just jump to DoW2 and its expansions?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-29C2391E029351B7 - Taken by Eila

Lord Phol

I haven't played a call of duty in a looong time. Loved both CoD 2 and CoD 4:Modern Warfare but haven't played any of the games after. With the Activision sale going on I might as well pick one up (or two). Which one is recommended (single player)?

Uzzy

Since your words have given you away as the resident thread 40K expert...I haven't really played the Dawn of War games despite owning the entire series for years apparently. Is the first DoW and its expansions worth playing? Or should I just jump to DoW2 and its expansions?

They're two different games really. DoW1 and it's expansions are more traditional RTS games, with emphasis on base building and large armies, while DoW2 is closer to being a real time tactics game, with emphasis on hero units and micro. They're both good, but in different ways, so it depends on what you want.

Just make sure you get Winter Assault for DoW1 or Retribution for DoW2 so you can play as the finest faction in 40k, the Imperial Guard.

I need to see more of JC3. JC2, for all its amazing craziness, also had that terrible system where you couldn't continue the game unless you had caused enough chaos. That rubbed me the wrong way, just let me play the game however i want to

I loved just cause, couldn't find any fun to have in jc2, and still don't fully understand why.

Turfster

I know more about the lore than the games. ;)
I... never actually got far in the DoW games, since they were released around the time I discovered RTS-likes weren't really my thing any more.

They're two different games really. DoW1 and it's expansions are more traditional RTS games, with emphasis on base building and large armies, while DoW2 is closer to being a real time tactics game, with emphasis on hero units and micro.

There's still some base building in 2, but yeah, the armies are smaller.

Campaign: 8-9 hours
Coop/Multiplayer: Yup but it's pretty dead
Should I buy any DLC? Nope, it's all for the coop and multiplayer. Just buy the base game unless you can rope a bunch of people in to play with.
Cards? Just updated to include them, the main reason for the sale and my replaying the game. Well, that and it's pretty fun.
Do I need to know anything about Warhammer 40k to enjoy this game? Nope, I knew next to nothing about Warhammer 40K before playing and loved the hell out of this game.

Space Marine is a somewhat unique third person shooter for its time because it kind of ignores the dominant design theme of its genre. There's no sticky cover, no pop and shoot fire fights or regenerating health behind cover. Every encounter in Space Marine starts off as a fire fight that quickly devolves into a melee scrum because the waves of enemies thrown at you are generally pretty huge (and all sound like British soccer hooligans). The only way you can regenerate health in Space Marine is through melee executions or use of your Fury meter. Melee combat is super simple but satisfying, think Dynasty Warriors. You have one melee attack that you can combo up to four times, after any one of those melee attacks you can stun an enemy, only stunned enemies can be executed. The variety of ways in which enemies explode into gibbly little bits is what makes this game so damned fun...

Space Marine doesn't really force you to use any specific weapons, before major fire fights there are weapon caches where you can completely change your weapon load-out. So each fire fight is a fun little sandbox with whatever weapons you feel like using. The only thing the game is miserly with is its jet pack sections, there are only a few but they are so damned fun. The only real let-down in Space Marine is the final boss but it' a fun ride up to that point.

TLDR: thumbs up, totally worth eight bucks and some change.
You singlehandedly made a much better job lately than the PR team. I am really interested. Only 5 Euros here.

So uh... the only preorder for BLOPS 3 for Canada includes the season pass and is $115. Has this happened before? Is this going on in other countries as well? I wasn't going to preorder anyway, but what the fuck is going on that they'll only sell us the $100 version.

You singlehandedly made a much better job lately than the PR team. I am really interested. Only 5 Euros here.

It's not the greatest thing ever but it is a fun game to burn an afternoon or two on. I've gotten almost 20 hours out of it, through two play-throughs and some achievement farming.

I know more about the lore than the games. ;)
I... never actually got far in the DoW games, since they were released around the time I discovered RTS-likes weren't really my thing any more.

I was going to ask why there are Orcs in outer space (and why they sound like soccer hooligans) but then I realised it's based on the fantasy table top game mashed together with sci-fi tropes to make another table top game.

They're two different games really. DoW1 and it's expansions are more traditional RTS games, with emphasis on base building and large armies, while DoW2 is closer to being a real time tactics game, with emphasis on hero units and micro. They're both good, but in different ways, so it depends on what you want.

Just make sure you get Winter Assault for DoW1 or Retribution for DoW2 so you can play as the finest faction in 40k, the Imperial Guard.

I'm pretty sure I own all things Dawn of War, barring some cosmetic stuff for DoW2, but I am pretty awful at RTS games. I think I'll just give each game a try, if only for an hour or so. If I can't really get into DoW1, I might just move on to DoW2. I had some fun with Space Marine and kinda want some more Warhammer brand cheese. Plus I've owned these games for years and should probably at least try to play them once.

Turfster

I was going to ask why there are Orcs in outer space (and why they sound like soccer hooligans) but then I realised it's based on the fantasy table top game mashed together with sci-fi tropes to make another table top game.
The orks are aliens, duh! Created millions of years ago to fight the terminatorsNecrons.

(Yeah, basically)

The 40k Orks were based on 80s football hooligans, so that's why they sound like them. 86/87 was not a good time for British Football.

As if it's that much better now ;)

Uzzy

The 40k Orks were based on 80s football hooligans, so that's why they sound like them. 86/87 was not a good time for British Football.

There's also Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka, one of the biggest Ork warlords around and named after the British Prime Minster at the time, Margaret Thatcher.

there are still people playing old CODs like MW3? i would like to buy it but idk if there are people in multiplayer or if is full of cheaters

Some next-level replayability.

WB wants to be Ubisoft.
(That said, I was lucky and didn't lose my AssFlag progress)

NRS wins. FATALITY.

You're taunting me? Not cool.
There are no FRIENDSHIPS in this game... only FATALITIES & BRUTALITIES.

Activision sucks still want $20 for Blops 2, game is 2 and half years old...

Gee, you'd think it was a first party Nintendo game... :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom