• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

After listening guys from that new TB Steam Mods video i really need to push myself to finish what have i started last year :D

Do you recognize this?

mFTxYoP.jpg

Hint

So what is happening on the market and how do we take advantage of it?
Gem prices are at almost 1€, up from 0,60€ yesterday

EDIT: Reddit says this

[–]SirJjjon 5 points 10 minutes ago*
For anyone who is wondering, the cause of this is a glitch in the exchange rate between U.S. Dollars and Indian Rupees.

EDIT: Looks fixed already

DocSeuss

omfg capital letters are back

In unrelated news, I really need to check out this power rangers game when I get some spare cash.

Anteater

PoP Forgotten Sands is pretty decent so far, a bit more puzzles/combat than 2008 and the combat while slow at least gives you more control and options, but in exchange for a bit more control the game has quite a few collision and animation issues in combat, but it's not bad and mostly aesthetic and doesn't affect gameplay.

Game seems to have some skills unlock and new platforming elements as you progress, not too bad so far!

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
So excited. Couldn't play games for the last 8 months and then I'll start right away with Witcher 3 (if I manage to build a new PC in time). Wooo

Miguel81

PoP Forgotten Sands is pretty decent so far, a bit more puzzles/combat than 2008 and the combat while slow at least gives you more control and options, but in exchange for a bit more control the game has quite a few collision and animation issues in combat, but it's not bad and mostly aesthetic and doesn't affect gameplay.

Game seems to have some skills unlock and new platforming elements as you progress, not too bad so far!

Forgotten Sands is a decent entry, it's true, but the 2008 game really grabbed me with it's visuals, Elika, and that ending. It's really sad that there will probably never be a sequel to that one.

Arthea

Wild season had an update, some bug fixes and this:
WHAT'S NEW?
- Added mining feature!!!
- Added street sign post names
- Story is now up to summer 16
- New paths opened

btw, anybody at all bought it?

I don't see any iashman posts not to read, what you guys did to him, or he can't find a new thread.

Dr Dogg

That sounds great! The fps dumps were a bit much for me before. Might deserve a thread or at least an OT bump if you can track it down again.

Someone did post about it the OT but as I say it's not perfect. See what Parsnip has posted bellow.

If you still need it, someone compiled a small program that does the editing automatically and I grabbed it. Haven't actually tested the program myself, other than to check that it runs but here it is if you want it.

Ah top stuff. I'll give that a whirl later.

Does that fix go for FFXIII as well? Or has Square patched it effectively?

While the method will more than likely be exactly the same (going by one of Durante's posts the shader code is exactly the same so I image they have an awful lot in common) but pretty much zero chance the memory address is the same. If you knew exactly what you would be looking for you could implement the same exe/hex edit via Cheat Engine but even then that could take a long time.

So a couple of missions in and Dawn of War seems pretty manageable for the RTS impaired. Unless they drastically increase the soldier/vehicle cap the further you get I won't see myself having too much trouble playing this game.

It looks like the expansion order is Winter Assault, Dark Crusade and then Soulstorm.

Anteater

Forgotten Sands is a decent entry, it's true, but the 2008 game really grabbed me with it's visuals, Elika, and that ending. It's really sad that there will probably never be a sequel to that one.

yeah I wouldn't mind a sequel for 2008, they could always improve and fix some of the issues the game had, not sure what ubi is going to do with the series tho, hope they won't make another AAA open world game out of it.

baterism

SE is stupid, but not THAT stupid.

I hope so....

But if MS really going to boot out of console space, and focus on PC space.... I dunno mang.

We already can see what MS can do to make Japanese publishers somehow support them on 360 era.

IdolM@ster exclusive to Win10 Store lol.

But as long as Win 10 is still open garden, there's place for one more digital distribution channel I guess....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO no card no buy!

Knurek

Had a really productive week, wrapped up:
header.jpg

Great, amazing game. Probably the best RPG Maker, if not the best jRPG game Steam has on offer. Amazing music, decent story, great dungeon design, interesting gameplay mechanics. What's not to like here?

header.jpg

Not as strong as the first game, the more detailed graphics detract from the actual gameplay. Checkpoints help immensely though - at least I've been able to finish the game.

header.jpg

Awesome experience, even if the tablet roots show strongly. You all should always listen to Arthea's recommendations!

header.jpg

Not my cup of tea, to be honest. It was looking really lovely, won't dispute that.

header.jpg

Great game, clunky controls aside, lovely music. Screw the collectibles and no-death achievements though. Screw them hard.

header.jpg

Best art game on Steam?

Also, what the hell is this shit?
mslugcgu33.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
It is Escobar International Airport from GTA Vice City :D I am trying to do full HD remake of Vice City and i started with Airport area. XD

oh lol would never have gotten that

i thought i had a good shot with max payne 3 haha, something about it reminded me of the airport from that game

ExoSoul

Banned
Is there any mod that adds a grater variety of enemy ships to FTL? I wanna fight bigger things... :3

I also saw a ss with some moded weapons
like a battery missle launcher called Titan
, stuff like that could be fun but I think that enters into OP territory.

Man, all I want is to go back and play Call of Duty 2 again, since I actaully like WWII games and hate all the other ones and haven't played one since Modern Warfare 2. But good grief, it's still $10!!! It seems like it'll never go lower than that. Screw activision.

Teknoman

Anyone have any experience with getting Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2 - Jedi Outcast to work o Windows 7 64 bit? Same for any front ends that might help with Dark Forces 2 and Mystery of the Sith.

Already found Dark Forces XL to be pretty helpful for the very first game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
wtf

Someone bought ALL the DOTA2 Free to Play Collector's Packs at once. Still had one for sale somewhere in the middle and suddenly....http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Free to Play Collector's Pack

There was a glitch in the IDR exchange rate, and everyone with Indonesian Rupiah as their account currency went absolutely bonkers. It was off by several magnitudes of 10, so a $100 item only cost them like $0.01. It's the reason the market is currently disabled and will probably get rolled back completely later this morning when Valve gets to work and goes "oh fuck".

shira

wtf

Someone bought ALL the DOTA2 Free to Play Collector's Packs at once. Still had one for sale somewhere in the middle and suddenly....http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Free to Play Collector's Pack

http://redd.it/34hsob

- Apparently it's Indonesia Rupiah and somebody at Valve fucked up the decimal point.
- Indonesians noticed that they could buy hundreds and thousands of dollars worth of CSGO and Dota 2 items for pennies
- This could seriously fuck up a lot of people

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom