• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I think KlK is a bit too disjointed to shit on TTGL at all though. They were taking ideas from pixiv fans since they had no idea where to go with the show at a point.

I like the fact that the show doesnt take itself seriously even on what is supposed to be serious moments plus Mako makes everything negative null.
tumblr_n1rqzpD66r1r9foe8o1_r1_250.gif

Jawmuncher

actually riot posted this on vine a few days ago saying "hold on to your buffs"

so who knows, ppl are speculating about dino champion or dino skins

can't

this got personal when it involved flcl

apology accepted

I hope it's a champion. Would make so much sense now as to why they even replied to me.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well Mako is legit I'll give you that. I was just really disappointed that they obviously had no plans on how to handle the series properly and it showed at the whole dynamic shift with REVOCS and retconning parts that happened early on.
It's pretty obvious that Satsuki was to remain the villain but I dunno why they changed that.

Jawmuncher

I'm glad I had a anime stint last summer or I would have no clue what we're talking about. Also I'm sure morningbus and StallionFree are beyond pissed at the moment looking at this thread sorry guys.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh don't get me wrong I like it. I'm just disappointed that they didn't map it out completely before starting production.
i didnt even notice

it was still awesome

oh yeah Kill la Kill fans have you seen the aniki parody Bill la Bill?
googled that and everything that showed up was crap

no ty

I'm glad I had a anime stint last summer or I would have no clue what we're talking about. Also I'm sure morningbus and StallionFree are beyond pissed at the moment looking at this thread sorry guys.
i'm fine with talking videogames (in fact i just got home so i duno why ppl are still talking anime), it's just that whenever there's a bit of anime talk the ppl that don't like anime complain about anime instead of talking about videogames to generate more conversation topics

and yea a dinosaur champion would be super cool, but i don't think that's gonna be eet, sadly

Jawmuncher

Best open world game is Witcher 3.

Speaking of which I fell back on not being interested. Which is odd because I wasnt hating it. But it's just not hooking me.
I had nothing but time today and purposely looked for other things to do so I wouldn't play it. It's the weirdest thing I'm usually always right on a big new release.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I'd like to imagine that morningbus is already plotting his revenge, somehow involving M&M codes and creating Steam threads without capitalization.

Jawmuncher

i didnt even notice

it was still awesome

googled that and everything that showed up was crap

no ty

i'm fine with talking videogames (in fact i just got home so i duno why ppl are still talking anime), it's just that whenever there's a bit of anime talk the ppl that don't like anime complain about anime instead of talking about videogames to generate more conversation topics

and yea a dinosaur champion would be super cool, but i don't think that's gonna be eet, sadly

But skins would be so lame. I saw the one for the cat guy and it was awful.

zkylon

zkylewd
Try ホルラホル

but mind you, aniki and billy should be warnings
ehh lost interest

too many warnings and for some reason you're not sending me the straight link and now i'm guessing it's pretty gross or like fat japanese salarymen in schoolgirl uniforms or whatever

Speaking of which I fell back on not being interested. Which is odd because I wasnt hating it. But it's just not hooking me.
I had nothing but time today and purposely looked for other things to do so I wouldn't play it. It's the weirdest thing I'm usually always right on a big new release.
did u like witcha2?

if you enjoy the universe it might be more like your thing since it's smaller and (i'm guessing since i havent played 3) more focused

kind of like an arkham asylum to an arkham city kind of thing

or something

I actually can't really think of an open world game that I really enjoyed a lot really but that might just be tiredness!
new vegas if it counts?

i actually really like gta 4 despite of all its shit

and sr3 was pretty fun, dildo bats make me chuckle

But skins would be so lame. I saw the one for the cat guy and it was awful.
cat guy? rengar? well rengar is boring anyways

skins are awesome tho

i mean

are you gonna tell me this is lame

s1R8MKm.gif

i think jurassic park skins might be whats happening, there's a new champion around the horizon already so too much overlapping i think

Jawmuncher

ehh lost interest

too many warnings and for some reason you're not sending me the straight link and now i'm guessing it's pretty gross or like fat japanese salarymen in schoolgirl uniforms or whatever

did u like witcha2?

if you enjoy the universe it might be more like your thing since it's smaller and (i'm guessing since i havent played 3) more focused

kind of like an arkham asylum to an arkham city kind of thing

or something

I beat 2 on 360 and thought it was alright. Universe was interesting as well which was the best part. Even read the first two books.
Hell witcher 3 is basically what I wanted witcher 2 to be. Despite what I have said in the past about linearity. Only thing I can think of is I'm just not in the mood for a big game. Despite not having played in for quite awhile.

zkylon

zkylewd
I beat 2 on 360 and thought it was alright. Universe was interesting as well which was the best part. Even read the first two books.
Hell witcher 3 is basically what I wanted witcher 2 to be. Despite what I have said in the past about linearity. Only thing I can think of is I'm just not in the mood for a big game. Despite not having played in for quite awhile.

yea just move on

maybe come back to it in a few months or something

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sorry in advance for going too off-topic here, but I spent the day with my doctor and the news wasn't exactly good. I was basically told that I need to do everything possible to reduce stress levels (my job is actually pretty active/stressful in the summer, not to mention juggling a household of 4, being a dad, my daughter is graduating next week, etc etc etc) so I've got to take a bit of time off to take it as easy as possible or my health will continue to deteriorate.

One of the things I'm unfortunately going to have to cut (temporarily) is support for Enhanced Steam and Idle Master. Of course the programs will still work, but I'm (again, temporarily) going to have to stop answering people's support questions daily. It may sound weird, but I've found that being responsible for answering support emails, even for free and under no monetary obligation kind of compounds my stress issues. It didn't help that Valve had some bugs yesterday, like prices missing from the wishlist page, and I immediately got about 50 emails in the span of an hour ranging from "I downloaded Enhanced Steam and now I can't see the prices any more on the wishlist. I uninstalled the extension and I still can't see them! Help!" to "Ur program sux cause i cant see wat the shit iwant costs naow...". And this is on top of the usual daily questions I answer about why Idle Master doesn't work with F2P games or Family Sharing games, if there is a way to make Idle Master pad out their playtime, how come Enhanced Steam doesn't let people play games on ChromeOS, or why the "portable" version of Idle Master won't run on Android. Yes, I've seriously gotten at least one of each of these emails in the past 24 hours. I always do my best to answer any of them that aren't rude, but I found out today that it's a contributing factor to something that's literally killing me.

Of course, it's not the best time to take a break (with the Summer Sale arriving soon) so here are my plans. First of all, yes I'll still be making the monthly SteamGAF OT. I'm not sure about making and keeping the sale OT updated so that might be up to someone else like SalsaShark who usually does this. Secondly, I'll be adding two additional servers to the Enhanced Steam API pool. This will (hopefully) be enough to keep up with the load I'm expecting to see during the Summer Sale. Additionally, I'll be making some usability changes to Enhanced Steam once the sale starts, but only in the sense that I'll try to keep all of the features working. At this time, I'm not planning on adding any additional features between now and when the sale starts, nor do I plan on adding any new features specifically for the sale. But I'll do my best to keep everything up and running as much as possible for everyone. Finally, I'm going to set up an automatic reply on the Enhanced Steam support contact email letting people know that I cannot help them at this time and directing them to the official Steam groups where other users may be able to answer their questions.

I'm planning on bouncing back from this and supporting Enhanced Steam and Idle Master as much as possible in the future, but I honestly think it's going to be 2-3 months for what I've got to clear up so I can get back on track with things. Hopefully everyone understands. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ehh lost interest

aniki is a manly men

oh lord

the witcher is called a wolf

which is a dog but fiercer so that works
I thought witcher wolves are kawaii

Of course, playing Sleeping Dogs makes me feel like a whole man. Watch_Dogs lacks soul, and the vibrant atmosphere of SD adds a lot to the game.

all it needs is chris tucker

zkylon

zkylewd
Sorry in advance for going too off-topic here, but I spent the day with my doctor and the news wasn't exactly good. I was basically told that I need to do everything possible to reduce stress levels (my job is actually pretty active/stressful in the summer, not to mention juggling a household of 4, being a dad, my daughter is graduating next week, etc etc etc) so I've got to take a bit of time off to take it as easy as possible or my health will continue to deteriorate.

One of the things I'm unfortunately going to have to cut (temporarily) is support for Enhanced Steam and Idle Master. Of course the programs will still work, but I'm (again, temporarily) going to have to stop answering people's support questions daily. It may sound weird, but I've found that being responsible for answering support emails, even for free and under no monetary obligation kind of compounds my stress issues. It didn't help that Valve had some bugs yesterday, like prices missing from the wishlist page, and I immediately got about 50 emails in the span of an hour ranging from "I downloaded Enhanced Steam and now I can't see the prices any more on the wishlist. I uninstalled the extension and I still can't see them! Help!" to "Ur program sux cause i cant see wat the shit iwant costs naow...". And this is on top of the usual daily questions I answer about why Idle Master doesn't work with F2P games or Family Sharing games, if there is a way to make Idle Master pad out their playtime, how come Enhanced Steam doesn't let people play games on ChromeOS, or why the "portable" version of Idle Master won't run on Android. Yes, I've seriously gotten at least one of each of these emails in the past 24 hours. I always do my best to answer any of them that aren't rude, but I found out today that it's a contributing factor to something that's literally killing me.

Of course, it's not the best time to take a break (with the Summer Sale arriving soon) so here are my plans. First of all, yes I'll still be making the monthly SteamGAF OT. I'm not sure about making and keeping the sale OT updated so that might be up to someone else like SalsaShark who usually does this. Secondly, I'll be adding two additional servers to the Enhanced Steam API pool. This will (hopefully) be enough to keep up with the load I'm expecting to see during the Summer Sale. Additionally, I'll be making some usability changes to Enhanced Steam once the sale starts, but only in the sense that I'll try to keep all of the features working. At this time, I'm not planning on adding any additional features between now and when the sale starts, nor do I plan on adding any new features specifically for the sale. But I'll do my best to keep everything up and running as much as possible for everyone. Finally, I'm going to set up an automatic reply on the Enhanced Steam support contact email letting people know that I cannot help them at this time and directing them to the official Steam groups where other users may be able to answer their questions.

I'm planning on bouncing back from this and supporting Enhanced Steam and Idle Master as much as possible in the future, but I honestly think it's going to be 2-3 months for what I've got to clear up so I can get back on track with things. Hopefully everyone understands. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

take care dude

maybe write a small relevant faq and send that with autoreply as well as directing ppl to the forums

q: why is steam page shit
a: ask valve

aniki is a manly men

yea figured it'd be something gross

meh

Jawmuncher

yea just move on

maybe come back to it in a few months or something
Wonder what I should play in the mean time then. I don't really have anything else that needs to be played atm. Might be time to do my MGS or RE marathon.

You gotta do what takes care of you. No one can blame you for that. Also have you seen the last few pages this is more on topic than that. Hope it all goes well during your time taking it easy. Glad you told us so we didn't get worried.

Shadownet

Banned
I know how you feel. I was like that with Dragon Age Inquisition. I mean, I guess i'll go back to it soon. Whenever I finish Witcher 3. It's just a weird thing gamers get. Got a game, was super hyped for it for months. When it came out, don't want to play it much.

the witcher is called a wolf

which is a dog but fiercer so that works
Technically a witcher is a monster slayer, someone who has gone through extensive physical and mental training while also going through intense alchemical processes to give them heightened abilities.

Geralt is from the School of the Wolf. One of his nickname is the White Wolf
who will sleep your wife/mother/girlfriend/sister/daughter if you don't keep an eye on them.

Turfster

Of course.
Take care of your health, it's the most important thing.
Take it from me, once it's gone, it's usually too late to get back.

zkylon

zkylewd
i herd watching kill la kill is good for ur health

enjoy your time not doing valve's work for them and relax

life's worth living as long as you can play videogames

def sim

shackles you do your thing dude

don't mind us

Technically a witcher is a monster slayer, someone who has gone through extensive physical and mental training while also going through intense alchemical processes to give them heightened abilities.

Geralt is from the School of the Wolf. One of his nickname is the White Wolf
who will sleep your wife/mother/girlfriend/sister/daughter if you don't keep an eye on them.

I'm assuming the name of the game is referencing Geralt and not all the other witchers. Also, whatever nerd.
b1cool73r52.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks everyone for your support. I'll still be around and writing in here and there when I have time. You'll are a fun bunch.

life's worth living as long as you can play videogames

This has pretty much been my motto for the last 25 years. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom