• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For those interested, check out the new Idle Master FAQs.

This generally covers the questions I get asked most often. I'll try to keep this FAQ list updated with anything that comes up, and I'll be putting an auto-responder on my email account that points here and to the ES FAQ page.

Buying DLC also earns you card drops in F2P games, and last I checked the amount of drops you earn is based on the base price of the DLC rather than what you paid, which I assume is to cover retail key activations. I haven't idled since circa the release of Styx, though, so I'd advise contacting Valve and ensuring the details are correct before updating the FAQ.

Miguel81

I didn't mean Stump. He's actually some sort of genetically-enhanced canine of the nobility. They don't need peanut butter or people. They'll go to war with us someday, and we might lose.

I chuckled. I didn't know where Stump's avatar was from until I replayed Super Mario Bros.3(NES) recently.

Tizoc

I'd make the sales thread if I could tbh, always wanted to make one XoX

Jshackles, have you considered Acupuncture? Tends to be a good option for stress relief =X

Such questions, as annoying as they can be for more seasoned Steam users, tend to be legitimate as the bigger sales attract a lot of folks whose preferred gaming platform is something other than the PC. I'd rather assist with a question that's already been asked 20 times than read "DAMN YOU, GREEN! YOU HAD ONE JOB!" ad infinitum.

Oh, so you'd rather answer stupid questions repeatedly than see other stupid posts repeatedly.

ITT: JaseC pretends to be google cause he's an all around good guy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
kids, please. no fighting

I suggest collaborating in the post. ;)

Oh, so you'd rather answer stupid questions repeatedly than see other stupid posts repeatedly.

I suppose that's one way to look at it.

ITT: JaseC pretends to be google cause he's an all around good guy.

No need to be snarky. There's no shame in leaving if everyone on GAF annoys you so much.

I'd rather see the same questions from newbies repeated and answered every day than the same old thread whining from the same few guys every day. It's getting old. Steam sucks, GAF sucks, anime sucks, everyone is stupid. We get it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Witcher 3 good?

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
JaseC doing the sale thread means it will finally be a competent sale thread. It's about time I guess

Sorry in advance for going too off-topic here, but I spent the day with my doctor and the news wasn't exactly good. I was basically told that I need to do everything possible to reduce stress levels (my job is actually pretty active/stressful in the summer, not to mention juggling a household of 4, being a dad, my daughter is graduating next week, etc etc etc) so I've got to take a bit of time off to take it as easy as possible or my health will continue to deteriorate.
Take care, I wish you a speedy recovery. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
The Witcher 3 breh.... so good. I've played almost 4 hours and I don't want to stop but I need to go to bed. Absolutely gorgeous game and it runs great on my 7850 too!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I made this visualization for a fun project. I used the steam API to sample ~70k semi-random steam accounts (had to be active in the last two weeks and were at least ~6mos old) for their game activity in the last two weeks.
The nodes are sized according to active players in the sample, and the edges are sized based on the number of players who played both games for at least an hour each.
The visualization was created using gephi. I was semi-inspired by twitch's map of communities

http://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/37e9qa/video_game_communities_on_steam_oc/

Kinda interesting to see how various communities cross over. It would be a lot more interesting with more complete data I think, since you'd probably see more obscure relationships. I'd also want to see how it would have changed over time. A lot of constellations based on publishers, what's free-to-play, and genres. Not a lot jumps out at me, though it is amusing and expected to see Call of Duty basically off on it's own with tiny connections to ARMA and Saints Row the Third and the thinnest of all possible connections to CSGO.

I don't really get the connection between Life is Strange and Mortal Kombat X. Or Wolfenstein TNO. People who buy new games?

Oh yeah, GAF is going down for maintenance in an hour. Heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom