• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle of Stalingrad is great for just messing around with, tried to eject as my plane had lost a wing and the second I ejected the other wing came off and smacked me in the face, killing my pilot.

Finally finished modding GTAIV:Episodes of Liberty City.
Playing with kb/m feels surprisingly good. Controller is also fine but camera panning feels very off while walking on gamepad. Not at all with kb/m.

Playtested a bit. Here some screens and webms.
iCEnancer 3.0 with some texture mods and some scripts.

Very short but high-def section showing first-person driving and hijacking.

50 second clip cruising on "Times Square". Gorgeous.

463E6FC9C195240EDDF2875CDD2FDABB04C5DE4D

F91372EAFAB45139E5C6DF5682E522C91A266473

58FC8619F2323C55521581DB4AA823C3311957CE

Framerate was all over the place. From upper 60s to 30s. Such radical changes are very visible. Throttling graphic settings didn't change much sadly. Disabled Vsync and had no tearing gladly.
Still have to dabble in iCE ini.

Gonna post modlist a bit later... tomorrow -_-'

Can't wait till GTAV.

This is my 2nd post on gaf! Hi, guys!

Okay down to brass tacks. I am really anticipating the new Battlefront. Battlefront 2 is pretty cheap. I LOVED this game when it first came out. I only played it on the xbox but does it still hold up for the people that have it currently. I don't want to ruin my nostalgia. Thanks guys!

Veggie says it's your third.
Why wasn't it your first?

Probably going back to 2D

Yeah. It sounds like Netherealm haven't touched the PC version and left it entirely to HVS, it's gone crap, and the stream seems to suggest Netherealm have recently worked with HVS to get everything fixed up in time for this new character release.

In fact, that is the first time PC has been mentioned in their streams. Can't help but think that the only reason why they said it was because Twitch chat was losing it's shit spamming "#FIX PC"

Fix what?
Other than the random time it ate my save, after the last patch, the game has performed pretty much flawlessly outside of the netcode, which is pretty much spotty for every fighter that doesn't use GGPO.
There's a little bit of lag at transition points in the story mode QTE cutscenes, but they're smooth enough now that I had no problem getting them 100% correct when I skipped through the story to get my progress back.

robotrock

Banned
Did Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes get removed from Steam? I thought I saw it on there at the beginning of the Star Wars sale.

It's your third post! Get the pitchforks!
;)

It's a good place here.. usually. Unless there's highschool-drama or fetish-hour.

WHOOPS!!! It was my 3rd. Already starting out in the dog house.

If you want a taste of the new Battlefront, just play Battlefield. The old Battlefronts have next to nothing to do with the new ones.

That said, the second is probably still OK. It's a weird game, but it can be good fun if you're in the right mindset.

I really like the battlefield series but this was just to "wet my whistle" for the series return. I hope it doesn't stray too far fromt he orginals but I won't mind some battlefield elements. My buddy and I had an amazing time with the 2 on xbox when it first came out.

Finally finished modding GTAIV:Episodes of Liberty City.
Playing with kb/m feels surprisingly good. Controller is also fine but camera panning feels very off while walking on gamepad. Not at all with kb/m.

Playtested a bit. Here some screens and webms.
iCEnancer 3.0 with some texture mods and some scripts.

Very short but high-def section showing first-person driving and hijacking.

50 second clip cruising on "Times Square". Gorgeous.

Framerate was all over the place. From upper 60s to 30s. Such radical changes are very visible. Throttling graphic settings didn't change much sadly. Disabled Vsync and had no tearing gladly.
Still have to dabble in iCE ini.

Gonna post modlist a bit later... tomorrow -_-'

Can't wait till GTAV.

wow... it looks really nice for an old ass game. just goes to show you that modding is the best fucking thing ever

Turfster

Are you not following your own advice? ;)

A friend gifted it to me, so I'm now obligated to play it.

Also, I just jumped down a hole, desynchronised, and now it spawned the NPC I was supposed to be meeting like 10 miles from here on top of a rock in the middle of nowhere... and he keeps running in circles.
My mission has changed to "go beat up dudes" BUT THERE IS NOBODY AROUND.
</golfclap>

Backlogger

A friend gifted it to me, so I'm now obligated to play it.

Also, I just jumped down a hole, desynchronised, and now it spawned the NPC I was supposed to be meeting like 10 miles from here on top of a rock in the middle of nowhere... and he keeps running in circles.
My mission has changed to "go beat up dudes" BUT THERE IS NOBODY AROUND.
</golfclap>

I'm still finishing 4 then going to go back and play the others. 4 doesn't seem terribly buggy from my perspective other than picking the wrong direction with the automated parkour running.

Turfster

I'm still finishing 4 then going to go back and play the others. 4 doesn't seem terribly buggy from my perspective other than picking the wrong direction with the automated parkour running.

4 is a masterpiece in comparison and overall not too bad a game.
Forget 3. Everything about it is janky and broken as fuck.

WHOOPS!!! It was my 3rd. Already starting out in the dog house.

You ignored my question.
Yes. To the doghouse with you.

edit: oh wait, only available on the collection apparently.

This was my conclusion.

Game is a POS +1 at this point though, as it would launch to a black screen for me.
I could hear the sound, I could hear the cursor move through the menu...
At one point alt+tabbing out and back in got a picture of the menu, but then the controller/mouse were frozen and I quit the game.
I quit the game, was satisfied that I had associated the key with my GFWL account, and promptly deleted the POS.

Ozium

4 is a masterpiece in comparison and overall not too bad a game.
Forget 3. Everything about it is janky and broken as fuck.

I enjoyed 3 more than 4. Because the open world of the sea was too much for me, and everything took so long..

and I thought 3 was cool because it was about 'murica and Conner was cool

*shrug*

Going from Unity to Rogue was rather jarring. The controls in the former, while still not perfect, are much improved.

I hope to borrow the ps3 version of Rogue from a friend and I'm guessing I will like it better than 4.. I haven't played Unity yet so I got that goign for it

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Going from Unity to Rogue was rather jarring. The controls in the former, while still not perfect, are much improved.

Turfster

Oh shit I totally broke the game now.
There's these 3 horsemen "chasing" someone, but that someone was the dude that spawned in the middle of nowhere I guess, so there's nobody to chase, and they're just... on their horse, running in place.

Ozium

Oh shit I totally broke the game now.
There's these 3 horsemen "chasing" someone, but that someone was the dude that spawned in the middle of nowhere I guess, so there's nobody to chase, and they're just... on their horse, running in place.

better or worse than thi4f?

Miguel81

Kind of a shame.

Lost Planet 3 was totally underrated.

The review scores are very low for what seems like a competent game. From what I've played, it has great atmosphere and the voice acting and narrative were pretty damn interesting. The shooting is passable, but using the Rig and listening to country tunes was a pleasant experience. Looking forward to getting back into it soon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Really?
If you go to the store page for it, the collection is still listed as including it.

Disney made a new collection that excludes the game but it isn't up on the store yet, probably because of the sale.

The store page for the Star Wars game says they've temporarily run out of keys.

Yeah, I think the key dependency flags were removed not because of an impending Steamworks patch but rather to allow people to load the game without being halted by Steam because it couldn't generate a key.

Jawmuncher

The store page for the Star Wars game says they've temporarily run out of keys.

post-10781-bert-eyes-dcurc.gif

The last time I recall that happening was ages ago with Prey.
Talking about a sale here though. I believe Fable 3 was pulled for the same reason, even though MS could make more keys.

Lomax

I played that Clone Wars game a good bit back when I got the collection this time last year, it's actually not completely terrible, though nothing great either. Didn't have any GFWL issues at the time but of course YMMV.

Controller Companion is pretty rad, y'all should get it

thats really cool. was always planning on taking up a similar project once I learn more in coding just to put my feet in the water. kinda sad someone beat me to the punch but whatever, even if i ever did the project and finished it wasn't planning on selling it, was just gonna give it out for free.(still have full intentions of doing it)

Interesting.

It seems you can just press the xbox button on the xbox one controller to launch steam big picture mode.

Also, the DS4 is the best PC controller, since the touchpad works as a mouse touchpad.

personally i don't use it as a mouse touchpad. have that feature disabled, i like to use the touchpad for media macros, turning up, lowering, or muting the volume, and f12 for screenshots since i don't often use big picture mode(i like to see my fps which didn't work last time i was in big picture). of course you can do the same feature with different button combinations but the point is that yes i do agree with you, DS4 is the best pc controller out atm, maybe the steam controller might be better(doubt it) but for now, DS4 is the king.

Pressure lets me view my game categories in grid view, god tier skin.

At least, I'm fairly positive no other/not many other skins let you do this

Dsyndrome

team whip all the way. why would anyone pick a sword? every single game always goes with swords, I welcome something different. even if hypothetically they functioned the same way, had the same animation, hit box, etc. at least it would be disguised as something different.
Symphony of the Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom