• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How did PC make it past classification board in Australia? You know, extreme rubber violence..

Haha, it'd be a problem if the rubber were involved in scenarios of sexual violence or incentivised drug use.

for a second there I was really thrown off by what seemed like emotion coming from you

There was that time my e-mail to Ubi about Anno 1404 actually worked. Pity the part about King Kong and Tintin fell on blind eyes, though.

Chariot

Question: can I just buy a new graphics card and jam it in where the old one was and then expect the system to run or do I need a certain mainboard? Is a re-installation of the system mandatory?
I wanted to upgrade anyway for Arkham Knight, but with the option of getting the game with a 970, I am pretty interested in buying one.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Question: can I just buy a new graphics card and jam it in where the old one was and then expect the system to run or do I need a certain mainboard? Is a re-installation of the system mandatory?
I wanted to upgrade anyway for Arkham Knight, but with the option of getting the game with a 970, I am pretty interested in buying one.

you might want to take out the old one first ;)

either way - no ... you only need new drivers etc. ... no need to reinstall the OS

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yes, assuming your motherboard isn't old enough to be in high school.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

PROTIP: Compare the physical sizes of your current and prospective cards carefully. Measure or find out the exact space you have available in your case. Some of the 970s, like the G1 Gigabyte, are a tad enormous.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
LjXvXTR.jpg

Chariot

you might want to take out the old one first ;)

either way - no ... you only need new drivers etc. ... no need to reinstall the OS

Yes, assuming your motherboard isn't old enough to be in high school.
Thank you, guys! \o\

PROTIP: Compare the physical sizes of your current and prospective cards carefully. Measure or find out the exact space you have available in your case. Some of the 970s, like the G1 Gigabyte, are a tad enormous.
Will do, thank you :)

Fuck this, I wanted Cass ;/

derExperte

Either I'm doing something wrong or the steam_appid.txt trick doesn't work anymore to circumvent region restrictions. Also The Old Blood's performance tanks when I enable AA. Can't remember if TNO had the same problem.

It uses a really intensive form of MSAA. I settled for 2X and max settings outside of medium screen space reflections and I'm getting a steady 60 FPS at 2560x1440P with a 780ti.

titch

Controller Companion is pretty rad, y'all should get it

Looks neat!

Pretty much. That game really needs to be on Steam.

The best Castlevania's I played, after PS1 Symphony, are the GBA ones. Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow are so good.

Then on the NDS, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia.

I was in heaven.

giphy.gif

13.5 hours to more Might & Magic Humble games.
Are we excite, guys?

Guys?

Anyone?

Steam Keys ;-;

#TeamSword

#whipsword

Damn bastards should just give us Cassandra and Stephanie :(

DC / WB is weird like that when it comes to pushing certain versions of their characters. For example every version of Green Lantern is better and more popular than Hal Jordan but Hal is the version we will get every time.

It uses a really intensive form of MSAA. I settled for 2X and max settings outside of medium screen space reflections and I'm getting a steady 60 FPS at 2560x1440P with a 780ti.

I get steady 60 on lesser hardware except in the early evening and my frame rate in GTA V gets thrown down to the sub 30s high 20s.

Chariot

DC / WB is weird like that when it comes to pushing certain versions of their characters. For example every version of Green Lantern is better and more popular than Hal Jordan but Hal is the version we will get every time.
Isn't that part of US war propaganda, promoting the white hero soldier that loves to use american warmachines a constructs? Not really sure since I don't read GL.

But yeah, some people don't even know that there was ever another Batgirl than Babs or multiple Robins. Funny enough, they often use different Robins, but most people don't recognize the differences.

Deques

Lots of new features in Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Scandinavia

Features:
  • Improved daylight cycle and weather visuals
  • Revised approach to detailed map modelling and vegetation
  • Introducing 27 new cities and ports, often larger and more detailed than the base map destinations, featuring recognizable roads and landmarks highlighting uniqueness of each of the territories
  • Immense nature variety across Scandinavia land (forests, fields and lakes of the south are giving way to mountainous regions filled with rock formations, cliffs, mountain valleys, and long twisty tunnels - which sometimes have even crossroads inside)
  • New industries to service with over 80 new cargo types which include new food, machinery, construction and bulk cargo
  • 12 ferry terminals new to Scandinavia plus some more added to the rest of the map, 2 large container port simulating important logistic regions of Scandinavia
  • New trailer models including semi-trailers for transporting livestock and trucks
  • Expanded roster of AI drivers
  • Visit Scania and Volvo Trucks factories to deliver new vehicles to dealers across Europe

You can visit Volvo :)

Kiru

Deadly Profits is not as bad as all the other Digital Homicide games (Slaughtering Grounds). The UI is still a mess though.

Anteater

you want them roll over and die?

yes

they already kind of do from the destructible environments and other force attacks, the light saber slashes are really weak in comparison, like it takes a full combo or two to kill them, they can be upgraded but still.

Milamber

A lightsaber shouldn't really have damage/block levels on anything except other lightsabers.

Or some form of an energy shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom