• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh right, I got Arkham Oranges for free with my last card. I would actually buy the season passes for both Witcher 3 and Arkham Kumquat if I got both games for free.

I've said it before, but as much as I love dinosaurs.
I vastly prefer Turok 2008 over any of the N64 Turoks.

I remember the first N64 Turok rather negatively, as I really wanted to play it, but did not have the type of superfluous memory card that it required to save when I rented it from the local video store. :\

Jawmuncher

I remember the first N64 Turok rather negatively, as I really wanted to play it, but did not have the type of superfluous memory card that it required to save when I rented it from the local video store. :\

There's far more exploring, aliens, & cyborgs than anything really related to dinos.

Sucks to hear about Spark. Although they only made junk (until) Lost Planet 3 is probably my favorite game released in the last 5 years, While I am kind of surprised they lasted long enough to make it, I do in some way feel a little bit responsible because I never really told anyone how I felt about that game.

Is AMD getting any better when it comes to their driver support? Really that'is what has held me back from jumping ship the last few times I upgraded. I know most people might not give a shit about AMD's shoddy OpenGL support but I like enough idtech games that that's kind of an issue for me. Especially if the next Doom is running on it.

As a long time Nvidia customer,. their market share is kind of horrifying.

does anyone have suggestions for the most fun game on Steam? Something with a soul? Not Goat Simulator, and I've already played through Shovel Knight. Pillars is great but it is ultra brooding.

Is this even announced for PC? I thought they only announced it for PS4 and XB1. Which bummed me out.

Yeah, it's current gen console only.

Is AMD getting any better when it comes to their driver support? Really that'is what has held me back from jumping ship the last few times I upgraded. I know most people might not give a shit about AMD's shoddy OpenGL support but I like enough idtech games that that's kind of an issue for me. Especially if the next Doom is running on it.

My amd card runs every game I throw at it just fine, despite the slow driver update.
My card is mid-tier at best so I'm not talking about maxing out the graphics at 60fps.

After some of my experiences with nVidia and my 770 (being my first card since a second hand Voodoo 3 card back in 2002), I'm more than happy to jump ship if the new AMD cards offer better performance at a comparable or lower price.

I didn't realize that Technobabylon was done by the folks behind Gemini Rue, which then reminded me that I need to play that game.

But, it hasn't changed in price on iOS in over a year, and I'm fairly sure it was in a bundle that I missed on PC.

Thanks for the reminder.

Wadjet Eye publishes/makes great adventure games - love their stuff. Coming from the Gemini Rue folk, I expect great things.

Turfster

Thanks for the reminder.

Wadjet Eye publishes/makes great adventure games - love their stuff. Coming from the Gemini Rue folk, I expect great things.

I repeat: Technobabylon is not by the Gemini Rue people =p
It's by Technocrat games, GR was by Joshua Neurnberger

(This is not about the quality of the game, which I'm also looking forward to, but it's about facts)

AMD is about as good as Nvidia these days.

Haunted

Snx4rIk.jpg

Lost Planet 3 [and Yaiba ; _ ; ehh] developer Spark Unlimited no longer making games, lays off employees

:(
Kind of a shame.

Lost Planet 3 was totally underrated.

Wednesday actually!
Congrats!

So there's no weekly sale, huh.. I guess a big sale is in the horizon?
I repeat: Technobabylon is not by the Gemini Rue people =p
It's by Technocrat games, GR was by Joshua Neurnberger

(This is not about the quality of the game, which I'm also looking forward to, but it's about facts)

Whoops. The Wadjet Eye label is tough to keep track of.

Still excited. There's very few adventure games that I like, and the Wadjet Eye stuff is among them.

Turfster

This 'technical issues' business is on track to become a SteamGAF meme.

What can we do to make that not happen?

It's too late, spindoctor.

Yes, AC3, I'm sure native american children played tag exactly the same way as everyone else in the world and also counted to 100 first.

Oh for fuck's sake.
"Hey, run to that nest over there, but like, you're saddled with a crippled asthmatic rhino that moves at a mile per year, so don't go too fast and have fun now!"

Nabs

does anyone have suggestions for the most fun game on Steam? Something with a soul? Not Goat Simulator, and I've already played through Shovel Knight. Pillars is great but it is ultra brooding.

Ori and the Blind Forest starts off dark, but it's a great game with heart.

Kind of a shame.

Lost Planet 3 was totally underrated.

Well... you're half right. It's a fucking tragedy.

Still no nuuvem wolfy keys, those technical issues must be intense

If I had time to waste, I'd want to make a downfall video about not giving nuuvem the keys to prevent Blazkowicz from dismantling their regime... it seems like a great fit.

This 'technical issues' business is on track to become a SteamGAF meme.

What can we do to make that not happen?

It already is.

If it could be a meme it would be a meme.

Too late.

Wolf09 must be re-released. It is the only way!

Quiet, you.

Ori and the Blind Forest starts off dark, but it's a great game with heart.

It's reaaaalllllly high on my wishlist -- I'm just kind of poor at the moment, so the lack of ways to save on it are preventing me from buying it.

This is my 2nd post on gaf! Hi, guys!

Okay down to brass tacks. I am really anticipating the new Battlefront. Battlefront 2 is pretty cheap. I LOVED this game when it first came out. I only played it on the xbox but does it still hold up for the people that have it currently. I don't want to ruin my nostalgia. Thanks guys!

Okay down to brass tacks. I am really anticipating the new Battlefront. Battlefront 2 is pretty cheap. I LOVED this game when it first came out. I only played it on the xbox but does it still hold up for the people that have it currently. I don't want to ruin my nostalgia. Thanks guys!

If you want a taste of the new Battlefront, just play Battlefield. The old Battlefronts have next to nothing to do with the new ones.

That said, the second is probably still OK. It's a weird game, but it can be good fun if you're in the right mindset.

It's your third post! Get the pitchforks!
;)

It's a good place here.. usually. Unless there's highschool-drama or fetish-hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom