• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

Got one I already had:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Not the Robots -- MB-8928BE3431DA070D - Taken by Vlad

Dr Dogg

6 months of stonewalling and GMG and CDPR thrash out a deal after a matter of hours after this fiasco? Yeah I'm fucking skeptical about that until a statement is released. I'd imagine it's on hold over at GMG while they investigate/negotiate.

Anyway in other Good Guy GOG news Star Trek games are now on there, including 25th Anniversary! I'd love to see Elite Force and Spectrum Holobyte's TNG game at some point.

I know your position on this, but I still would prefer to have all trilogy on steam, as many others.
Lmfao im just kidding. It might be a good game with shit ass characters and a shit story. My beef is with the first game as a whole and the characters and story. Also despise how SE shoves Lightning down everyone's throat.

Kiru

Today the EU Commission released a paper outlining the Digital Single Market Strategy for Europe. One of the points addressed is the “preventing of unjustified geo-blocking”.

With other words. The EU commission is planning to ban online territory restriction inside the EU. Many of us have been victim of IP based racism in the past. Like not being able to purchase a game at a lower price, in an other country online store, or even prevented from buying a game at all, because it’s not available in your location.
These restriction don’t exist in EU when buying goods physically or in person, only in the online world. The EU commission it working to ban these hostile customer practices by releasing a first bill draft early 2016.

Sounds good I guess.

More here:
http://steamunpowered.eu/eu-targeting-geo-blocking-and-territorial-restrictions/

derExperte

What's with all the Sony marketing threads today

What? That's ridiculous, nothing of that sort exists. But while you're here let's talk about how you can acquire $2150.79 worth of spectacularly awesome games just by buying these fine $1 bundles I got in my pocket. Can you afford to miss them? Supplies running out as we speak, act now! They'll also cure your lazy eye, son.

Arthea

Shit that's easier that looking through the thread, Thanks.

so.....technically GMG didn't do anything wrong and CDPR is just bitter?

not how I see it, there are tons of games not on GMG. Publishers don't have to sell their games everywhere, that's ridiculous thought on itself, and as far as I know the source of GMG W3 keys is still unknown, so nope, I don't see how anyone can say that CDRP is in a wrong in any way whatsoever.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of freshVeggie, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Batman Arkham Knight -- MB-61E24A19BBED51E5 - Taken by NingenJanai. 113 entrants total.

t1431009799z1.png

Prices are the same, maybe with exception of UK (not sure), I yet to see price difference between EU1 and EU2 with an exception of Talos Principle,
I think it was Talos Principle, wasn't it?

There are tons of games that have different prices between EU1 and EU2 and UK is always a 5-10% difference (depending on exchange rate of course)

Arthea

There are tons of games that have different prices between EU1 and EU2 and UK is always a 5-10% difference (depending on exchange rate of course)

I always check, I never see any difference between EU1 and EU2 prices, only Talos Principle has different prices. As for UK, maybe, I'm not arguing that.

not how I see it, there are tons of games not on GMG. Publishers don't have to sell their games everywhere, that's ridiculous thought on itself, and as far as I know the source of GMG W3 keys is still unknown, so nope, I don't see how anyone can say that CDRP is in a wrong in any way whatsoever.

I guess it kind of depends on where GMG got their keys from, but still...you're right. No means No, not "we're not going to sell them to you, but you can buy them from someone else and resell them".

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I always check, I never see any difference between EU1 and EU2 prices, only Talos Principle has different prices. As for UK, maybe, I'm not arguing that.

Rad Bats also has different pricing ... it's 0.99€ in EU1 and 4.99€ in EU2 ;)

Deques

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deques, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Survivalist -- MB-1FB94AA4E4F324D2 - Taken by someguyinahat

enjoy

the pre-order is up for BM19

Woolfe - The Red Hood Diaries seems to be one of the games

And risk being throttled in the Arkham Knight raffle? :D

Just go for it, it gives me higher chance to win the raffle :D

Turfster

You should start buying VNs, expensive ones in numbers, I'm tired of waiting for discounts, would be nice to get some of them in a bundle.
I have no money for big expensive games =p
I only got Woolfe because I was pretty sure it wouldn't match the 72% off anytime soon again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom