• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ac Victory announcement next week apparently

CEarMpXWYAEvO3j.jpg

Yay.

Li Kao

How long should I expect to beat Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 ? I surely won't do it but I admit that the hype is getting to me.

(1a) Veggie is a mensch.
(1b) Ningen is a mensch.

Related but unrelated:
I am currently trying to collect 5x each of the cards from The Sun at Night. If you happen to have some that I haven't already purchased and wouldn't mind donating them to me, I would greatly appreciate the act of kindness.

Also, if you know of any Steam icons or profile backgrounds that revolve around dogs, please send me a PM or chat me up on Steam and let me know. Thanks.

Edit:

For anyone unfamiliar with the expression "is a mensch", this will help:
According to Leo Rosten, the Yiddish maven and author of The Joys of Yiddish, "mensch" is "someone to admire and emulate, someone of noble character. The key to being 'a real mensch' is nothing less than character, rectitude, dignity, a sense of what is right, responsible, decorous."

Li Kao

100ish hours if you plan on doing everything.

Good god. I was under the impression that the first one is on the short side and I didn't plan to replay the second one two times for the two factions thing, but your answer and howlongtobeat are calming me down.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Good god. I was under the impression that the first one is on the short side and I didn't plan to replay the second one two times for the two factions thing, but your answer and howlongtobeat are calming me down.

1 is significantly longer than 2. Again, though, that's if you plan on soaking up everything the games offer. You could trim a lot of time by just zooming through the main quest lines.

Li Kao

Ya, very bad idea and the best way to sour oneself off the new one. Still kinda tempted. Well, I guess it can't hurt to start the first one at least.

Woo, just beat The Witcher 2. That was fun. Now let the waiting game begin for the third! The cut scene at the end of the end credits really has me jonesing for more. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the story.

(1a) Veggie is a mensch.
(1b) Ningen is a mensch.

Related but unrelated:
I am currently trying to collect 5x each of the cards from The Sun at Night. If you happen to have some that I haven't already purchased and wouldn't mind donating them to me, I would greatly appreciate the act of kindness.

Also, if you know of any Steam icons or profile backgrounds that revolve around dogs, please send me a PM or chat me up on Steam and let me know. Thanks.

Edit:

For anyone unfamiliar with the expression "is a mensch", this will help:

<3

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Arma 3 Season Pass nor the DLC piece meal is on sale.

Bohemia™.

Hopefully they continue to release Trek games. I would love to see Armada, Elite Force, and Bridge Commander available digitally.

What about ST:TNG A Final Unity? I heard that it was a point&click similar to 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites but with the TNG characters...but never got around to buying it, and missed it.

Anyone ever play this one?

Edit: Why do I keep getting the -00 posts? I feel like Dick Dastardly sometimes. Drat! And double drat!

dex3108

I did W1 in 37 hours and i did W2 in 37 hours XD And i think i did all quests in W2 and i skipped few quests in W1 in Outskirts Vizima area.

Knurek

And RAGE beaten.

It dawned on me while playing, Id really can make great tech, great shotguns and... Well, just those two.
Good game, but would be a great one if there wasn't so much driving/minigames/talking heads in it. Just give me arena shoot'em ups with me, my trusty shotgun (with infinite pop rockets, thank you very much) and a bunch of enemies to kill.
I'd be such a happy panda then...

And RAGE beaten.

It dawned on me while playing, Id really can make great tech, great shotguns and... Well, just those two.
Good game, but would be a great one if there wasn't so much driving/minigames/talking heads in it. Just give me arena shoot'em ups with me, my trusty shotgun (with infinite pop rockets, thank you very much) and a bunch of enemies to kill.
I'd be such a happy panda then...

I always forget about that game, I really need to play it sometime.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Dammit guys, 45 pages already? :(

On a side note, I'm awfully close to the magical 1k, but the fact that both the Steam app and the profile page show different numbers bothers me to no end :/

43fb08443f.png

I can't believe it.
iKq5rR1dQt1le.gif
lol xbox

TheSeks

1 is significantly longer than 2. Again, though, that's if you plan on soaking up everything the games offer. You could trim a lot of time by just zooming through the main quest lines.

Does sidequests carry over a la Bioware stuff?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Nihon Falcom: "...many titles enjoyed better sales volume on Steam then PlayStation."

With the recent releases of Gurumin and Ys VI, six of Nihon Falcom's PC games are now available to English audiences through Steam. As a whole, how well have your English Steam games sold compared to your more recent English PlayStation releases?

To be honest, we were surprised to see that many of our titles enjoyed better sales volume on Steam then PlayStation. There are some titles that did way better than when sold in Japan as packaged goods on the PlayStation; there are some titles that are worthwhile businesses based just on their North American Steam sales. Suffice it to say, we are very aware of Steam.

TheSeks

I ... just ... WUT?!? O_O

Is that... Hans from Killing Floor 2?

also LMAO @ XP overhaul FINALLY two years later + price reduction on DLC. DLC never should've been north of $5 in the first place.

Good considering they gave away 30k copies of Gurumin free. I think?
Or console sales were really awful.

Those 30K are a drop in the bucket if people say the PC port with achievements is better than getting the PSP version, yeah?

Turfster

Origin is doing another sale, this time with a 25% off coupon (Origin25) that works on some games that are already discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom