• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Calling it now, The Division to launch in Q4 2015
or be delayed again
price at £44.99 for bog standard, £54.99 for Deluxe and £89.99 for Gold. Not for sale on Steam UK until 3 months after while GAME suspiciously have a Limited Edition exclusive to them.

nobody cares about the UK or your royal babies Doogie

def sim

Since the durability never really bothered me, I'm actually more curious if they actually went deep and rewrote the math for durability entirely and uncoupled the framerate from that.
Or is it more of a bandage that they just slapped on top of bad code by increasing weapon durability across the board.
Or maybe it's just their own implementation of what DS2fix already does.

Looking forward to tests and comparisons on the tubes. And I'm sure someone will analyze the build with some magical dev tools or something.

I'm betting on increased durability across the board, but maybe they'll surprise me. Either way, it'll be one fewer thing to complain about DkS2. ;)

Knurek

Okay, so now I only need to assault Capital Prime and I can reclaim 24 GB of HDD space?
Sploosh, total sploosh I say.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You know the city where I'm from is twined with Porto right?

inVAGKCJhnwwx.gif

Uzzy

I wonder if Democracy 3 will be on sale later. Would be fitting.

Speaking of, if you're in the UK and haven't voted yet, go bloody vote.

Lomax

Done. And got this:

bm_19panel.jpg

edit: Triple-late but I called it yesterday and so still win. Ha!

Thanks, I pre-ordered as well. BeMine bundles may not be as great as they once were, but they generally have been worth the $2.50.

Has anyone ever listened to an album they got with a Groupees bundle?

A bunch actually, in fact several bundles I basically got just for the music. I think they are a great way to enhance the bundles because there's only so many games they can include.

Vertiginous Golf is out of Early Access today and on sale for $15.99 until May 13th.

I got this with Gems during the auction, it's pretty cool, and very pretty, but for some reason I was expecting it to be more "golf" and less "putt-putt" so it wasn't quite what I wanted.

Lain

Ghostlight retweeted
Ross Brierley ‏@Ghostlight_Ross 13m13 minutes ago
Won't be announcing it today but you can expect a release date for the #Steam version of #FlameOver soon. #gamedev #indiedev

whatever that is

A pretty fun game.

Catshade

A spare:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Spoiler Alert -- MB-7F96E60AB1EF3C30 - Taken by Eanan

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Had dinner with Swery tonight and read through the GAF thread with him. I'm sure everyone knows this, but he loves GAF. :)

In fact, he wants a GAF acct do he can talk to all of you directly.

Swery is awesome :D

Arthea

You know the city where I'm from is twined with Porto right?

You know how that's not an issue, right? seeing as every city in relationships of varying sorts (sistership, friendship, partnership) with at least with 20 cities. My for example is in cahoots with half of Germany, Poland and Italy, how that even works I sometimes wonder.
Sorry to be a party pooper, still you got to rhak rhak, so it was worth it

edited: Bayo traveled back in time?

Accoun

Ok The Division marketing campaign stared that is something i guess XD

"Behind The Music"? This will probably be the only thing related to the game I'll watch. I'm not interested in it but I love things like that, especially about music and sound.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Star Trek games, now we're talking. Fuck that Star Wars shit, Star Trek is where it's at.

Hopefully they continue to release Trek games. I would love to see Armada, Elite Force, and Bridge Commander available digitally.

chronomac

Rockstar's put up a Q&A regarding GTA V and mods.

An excerpt:

We have always appreciated the creative efforts of the PC modding community and we still fondly remember the awesome zombie invasion mod and original GTA map mod for GTAIV PC among many other classics. To be clear, the modding policy in our license has not changed and is the same as for GTAIV. Recent updates to GTAV PC had an unintended effect of making unplayable certain single player modifications. This was not intentional, no one has been banned for using single player modifications, and you should not worry about being banned or being relegated to the cheater pool just for using single player PC mods. Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing. It also bears mentioning that because game mods are by definition unauthorized, they may be broken by technical updates, cause instability, or affect your game in other unforeseen ways.

Turfster

Daily Deathtrap 33% off
Weekend
  • ARMA III 50% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Witcher Franchise up to 85% off (broken as fuck at the moment, does not include 3)

redlacs

'Lazy Guys Bundle 11: to the Highs'
$2.99

Velocibox (Steam)
BoxesWithGuns (Desura & Steam)
The Defenders: The Second Wave (Steam)
Loot Hero (Desura & Greenlit)
Luminoso (Desura & Greenlit)
Treeker: The Lost Glasses (Desura & Greenlit)
Pavel Quest (Desura & Greenlit)
The Dreamlord (Desura & Greenlit)
CortexGear:AngryDroids (Desura & Greenlit)
Pimander (Desura & Greenlit)
Protect Thy Sphere thingy (Desura & Steam Greenlight)
Fantasy Mall (Desura)

Buraindo

Oh, looks like the Dark Souls 2 dx9 and dx11 patch is out, you know, the one that should address durability.

I guess someone needs to test that shit out.

It seems that they did fix the durability bug. I tested several weapons on some corpses and couldn't see any durability loss. This on the Scholar of the First Sin DX11 version by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom