• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

That's what you get for playing online on PC. Nothing but hackers hacking all day long.
Time to move back to consoles, so we can also play Destiny.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, as I wrote the "restoring save" thing it's not true, since when people got flagged and they restored their saves, nothing changed and they are still banned.

Also From should really work on really updating their anti-cheat system, even if people don't alter weapon's stats, as some streamers showed there are plenty of ways to cheat, including the fact you can create an infinite amount of Steam account and keep cheating using family share.

I suspect Scamco's answer to this will probably be to disable Family Sharing instead of employing an ultra-basic implementation of VAC (multiple VAC bans from a single shared library triggers a revocation of Family Sharing privileges).

Hektor

Redefining the mobile gaf experience.

CaXSmal.png

Lain

Redefining the mobile gaf experience.

CaXSmal.png

You get the most important of the thread prominently displayed in a sandwich of ads. What more could you ask for?!

Saw this in my activity:

We Tested STEAM version! New play Movie!
dv9nbSY.jpg

Fan art by Shuen

We Tested STEAM version! New play Movie!

I tested on Nvidia GTS 450.
It's work very well :)
Low spec gamers, don't worry!

WATCHING NEW PLAY MOVIE!

Only STEAM version feature is
- No censorship costume (It's original costume)
- All include 40 fan arts
- Both controller support : Keyboard (with mouse) or game pad

Almost done :)
Please expect game! YEAAAAAA!!

That fan art encapsulates perfectly what you can expect from the video.

My ads aren't that big

Some people's are bigger than others.

You get the most important of the thread prominently displayed in a sandwich of ads. What more could you ask for?!

Saw this in my activity:

That fan art encapsulates perfectly what you can expect from the video.

I wonder if that game on Steam will offer the VR-mode.

Well, as I wrote the "restoring save" thing it's not true, since when people got flagged and they restored their saves, nothing changed and they are still banned.

Also From should really work on really updating their anti-cheat system, even if people don't alter weapon's stats, as some streamers showed there are plenty of ways to cheat, including the fact you can create an infinite amount of Steam account and keep cheating using family share.
It works if you restore save to another account.

Ludens

Banned
I suspect Scamco's answer to this will probably be to disable Family Sharing instead of employing an ultra-basic implementation of VAC (multiple VAC bans from a single shared library triggers a revocation of Family Sharing privileges).

Honestly it would be much easier: just hire the dude who did Watchdog for DS1 so he can implement it in DS3. It worked well, way better than From anti-cheat at least.
He already stated he can implement it in DS3, but if he does so, it will trigger a ban of course.

It works if you restore save to another account.

Yeah, in fact this is the way cheaters keep going on.

Tizoc

I'm hooked to Ori once more X3
DAT OPENING SEQUENCE
THE FEELS
THE FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS

Deques

Huge mobile ads

We're running some tests on modernizing the extremely archaic and useless mobile ad units by utilizing google's responsive tags that will tailor the ad dimensions to the current standard ad sizes that Google serves for each class of mobile device these days. The old ad units didn't even fit the page layouts at all, generated almost zero revenue because they were designed for older low res devices primarily and are no longer really even used by advertisers, and those static-size tiny banners looked absolutely ridiculous when viewing mobile-gaf on tablets.

These responsive units should display standard desktop banners when viewing mobile-gaf on a high resolution tablet, which is totally appropriate and looks a hell of a lot more aesthetically sensible than a big empty bar with a pinhole ad in the center, and on high resolution smartphones the tags should utilize a moderately sized banner at the top of the screen and then a rectangle footer ad below all of the content and navigation controls. Yes, the rectangle is a little scary looking at first glance, but as it is below all the content and navigation controls it is not actually interfering with user experience to any significant degree that I can discern.

It's still two ad units, one above all the content, and one below all the content, and no shitty anchored ads that scroll with you, or interstitials, or any of that nonsense. Mobile-gaf was basically not monetized at all with the ad units it had in place, and these current-gen ones don't appear to harm user experience and also conform to the site layout better. If you have legitimate concerns here about user experience, feel free to provide feedback on that front.

MUnited83

For you.
I met about 3 hackers in DS3 but as allies. It still made me feel like a cheater, when they killed the bosses in 10 seconds.
Its Dark Souls. By taking advantage of buffs and weaknesses, using a fully upgrades weapon and have a tightly constructed build, many bosses can be done in 10 seconds without the need to cheat. The people you encountered could be legit.

Its Dark Souls. By taking advantage of buffs and weaknesses, using a fully upgrades weapon and have a tightly constructed build, many bosses can be done in 10 seconds without the need to cheat. The people you encountered could be legit.

Sure, but if your partner is not having any animation, doesnt lose health when getting hit and stands next to the boss all the time, I am sure thats a hacker.

Well shit, I won Rocket League. Installing asap to see what's the fuss is all about.

There's local co-op as well? I'm pumped!

Thanks, red mage.

Parsnip

I still haven't encountered any hackers in Dark Souls 3. I must be doing something wrong with the 100+ online encounters I've had.

Same.
I was a little worried to run around in boreal valley and the area after that after that one dudes cheat stream, but it's been fine. Aside from Aldrich faithful folks invading at the worst times.

It's been a while since the last time I'm grinding my ass to find my dream weapon.

Is the silver knight straight sword actually exist?

mp1990

Banned
Now all my excuses to not play Rocket League are invalid, damn you Red Mage :mad:

thanks a lot <3

In other news: is there any chance of Dark Souls showing up in May's Humble Monthly?

derExperte

Stellaris preordered after reading that it's supposed to be their most accessible game yet. In theory I'm fascinated by the genre but then I get overwhelmed and give up, last one I completely got into was Master of Orion.

Jawmuncher

Now all my excuses to not play Rocket League are invalid, damn you Red Mage :mad:

thanks a lot <3

In other news: is there any chance of Dark Souls showing up in May's Humble Monthly?
Like DS1? 1%. Pretty sure the rule was just has never been bundled and I don't think it has been.
Stellaris preordered after reading that it's supposed to be their most accessible game yet. In theory I'm fascinated by the genre but then I get overwhelmed and give up, last one I completely got into was Master of Orion.
I can't even play Civilization, can't imagine trying something else after crashing and burning on that.

Unai

Sure, but if your partner is not having any animation, doesnt lose health when getting hit and stands next to the boss all the time, I am sure thats a hacker.

Not really. The problem you are describing is due to lag / net code. It's happening in all version of the game.

Valve Launches new anti-cheat policy.
According to the updated VAC support page, gamers will now be banned on the basis of the linked phone numbers. As a result, those having multiple accounts linked with that number will also be banned from the same game as the original cheater.

In case the other accounts do not own the game, they won't be able to purchase it, while new accounts will not be able to link the same phone number for a period of three months. Currently, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, one of the most popular multiplayer games on Steam, has enabled the phone number ban. However, it is at the discretion of the developers to introduce it for their games and may not be implemented by everyone. As per the CS: GO blog, the latest update already supports phone bans, so players with known hacks should stay wary.

Is this new?

MUnited83

For you.

Funnily enough, not really. The netcode is fucked up to infinity, and that can actually happen without any hacks whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom