• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

How's it going steamgaf.
I just locked myself out of my apartment, that's how I'm doing, thanks for asking.

Would never happen in video games am I right?

How's it going steamgaf.
I just locked myself out of my apartment, that's how I'm doing, thanks for asking.

Did you try holding E on the door?

Other than that, the only other way is to start killing bosses. Keys are a random drop so it may be a bit of a grind.

It's described as an experiment at the moment, which you sign up for - but it isn't even active yet. If they don't get enough people signing up, they won't do the experiment. The idea is to do the usual VAC stuff, but also prioritise connecting people who have enabled the feature, which they think will reduce likelihood of playing with cheaters.

I see. I hope it gets the attention.

How's it going steamgaf.

Why didn't you choose the master key? Big mistake.

MUnited83

For you.
How's it going steamgaf.

I totally remember playing a RPG where I locked myself out of my in-game home because I dropped the key somewhere while trying get inventory space.

Ah, the days where barely anything was a quest item and could be deleted making progress impossible...

Deques

How's it going steamgaf.

You need to learn how to picklock a lock or learn how to craft a key.

Using a C4 is effective too

Parsnip

Can you climb over your neighbours balcony? That's always awkward as fuck.

Did you try holding E on the door?

Other than that, the only other way is to start killing bosses. Keys are a random drop so it may be a bit of a grind.

Grind a few levels until you can put more points onto your lockpicking skill.

Why didn't you choose the master key? Big mistake.

I totally remember playing a RPG where I locked myself out of my in-game home because I dropped the key somewhere while trying get inventory space.

Ah, the days where barely anything was a quest item and could be deleted making progress impossible...

You need to learn how to picklock a lock or learn how to craft a key.

Using a C4 is effective too

:D
Crisis averted, called my brother who has an extra key and he swung by.
Would have been fun if I had also forgotten my phone, or maybe ran out of battery.

Which reminded me that Square should bring Lara Croft Go to Steam soon.

Arthea

I think CSGO added that last week but it's not required yet as far as I know.
The TF2 matchmaking beta requires you to have a phone number linked to your account as well as the mobile authenticator, but they haven't said if it will be required when it gets out of beta.

I would say I said you so, but I won't

I think CSGO added that last week but it's not required yet as far as I know.
The TF2 matchmaking beta requires you to have a phone number linked to your account as well as the mobile authenticator, but they haven't said if it will be required when it gets out of beta.

Yeah, i read about the CSGO implementation. Didn't know they expanded it so soon, but I was expecting that.

Got a code so I will probably try Overwatch as well, doubt ill buy it immediately though. Maybe, it's been years since I bought a first person shooter at all.
Overwatch is the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

TF2 was almost 10 years ago so that does seem fair.

Ludens

Banned
Lol, now to play a game you need a phone number and an authenticator. This is pure garbage honestly. I know it's only in TF2 beta, but it will be rolled into the main game eventually.
I wait for Valve asking to show my home certificate of ownership to boot Steam one day.

Arthea

Lol, now to play a game you need a phone number and an authenticator. This is pure garbage honestly. I know it's only in TF2 beta, but it will be rolled into the main game eventually.
I wait for Valve asking to show my home certificate of ownership to boot Steam one day.

fast forward 50 years, now you need the dna test and iris scan to play your game, and even then people will say it's no big deal, after all most of us have dna and irises and it's for our own good.

Sure, but if your partner is not having any animation, doesnt lose health when getting hit and stands next to the boss all the time, I am sure thats a hacker.

As others have mentioned, this is a netcode problem. That's why it's really hard to spot cheaters unless they're being extremely obvious about it. A few times I'd attack an invader and I know the sword should have connected but they'd still take no damage. You just can't tell if something was fishy or if it was the netcode being lousy, but it's probably the latter.

Stellaris preordered after reading that it's supposed to be their most accessible game yet. In theory I'm fascinated by the genre but then I get overwhelmed and give up, last one I completely got into was Master of Orion.

Same situation as me then. Let's see if we sink or swim with this game.

Just a couple days ago I talked with Kin how the Poise system in DS1 was very logical and useful. Not sure what they were thinking when they were making it "bad" like this.
Good to have confirmation softbans can be reverted with old saves.
How's it going steamgaf.

Look for some ventilation shafts.
Redefining the mobile gaf experience.

CaXSmal.png
That's not a huge ad. This is a huge ad!
I rarely use Gaf on mobile so I don't care.
My local game store had figurine pre-order bonuses for Battleborn today.

I got Thorn.

ip3r7zK.png
People pay extra money for crap?
The month of slaughter has officially begun. The gaming landscape... May never be the same.

Here it is, in March:

vs. May

The battle is on!
You're doing a bang-up job at getting me interested. Gonna watch some gameplay vids.
Katy Perry is also on the same lane tbh.
Chfg5tkWUAQxeAX.jpg

Met Gala. It was a mess of a show where almost every celebrity looked out of an RPG or Fighting game.

I mean Zayn was sporting those Metallic arms LOL
ChfU92NXEAA2Pok.jpg
PoPGaf and the culture around that is really weird and alien.

Deques

Did Steam change this recently?

NjM1Jaf.png

You no longer get your items back if the game was fraudulently purchased and revoked

NjM1Jaf.png

You no longer get your items back if the game was fraudulently purchased and revoked

Yeah. They changed it along with mobile authentication I think.

They now think because of region locks, trade cooldown and double authentication, everything is going to be safe.

Messiah

NjM1Jaf.png

I think with the new updates to security aka trying to force the authenticator for everything they also changed their policy and are not restoring any items anymore period.

Deques

I think with the new updates to security aka trying to force the authenticator for everything they also changed their policy and are not restoring any items anymore period.

Then what's the meaning with trade window/trade offers now? I thought it was created to make safe trades

Deques

You just have a week or so to cancel a trade if you don't use the authenticator to increase safety.

But let's say I have authenticator activated, the trade will go through instantly. A week later the game gets revoked, I lose the game plus all the items I traded with. The scammer gets rewarded because he/she got my items

How will this protect the consumer?

Sch1sm

Then what's the meaning with trade window/trade offers now? I thought it was created to make safe trades

I think by "safe" trades they simply mean you're not going to be ripped off at that very moment by whomever you're trading with. Everything following is a personal problem Valve doesn't care about. I think it's more of a tactic to make sure we buy from their store to avoid any issue like this, tbh.

Messiah

But let's say I have authenticator activated, the trade will go through instantly. A week later the game gets revoked, I lose the game plus all the items I traded with. The scammer gets rewarded because he/she got my items

Oh it won't protect the consumer. Most of the stuff Valve introduced with their new authenticator is pretty awful.

Arthea

c'mon, like you don't know it's not to protect a consumer, it's for valve to wash their hands off all customer service business.
Surely it makes you feel safe, the mobile authentication, or you wouldn't have agreed to it, no?

Sch1sm

c'mon, like you don't know it's not to protect a consumer, it's for valve to wash their hands off all customer service business.
Surely it makes you feel safe, the mobile authentication, or you wouldn't have agreed to it, no?

Or maybe we're impatient and put it on around winter sale just to craft our sale badges in peace. More likely.

I felt more safe with email auth, because I have 2-step auth on my email already. The mobile one is irritating, but I'm not going to wait a week to unload a 4c card.

Arthea

Or maybe we're impatient and put it on around winter sale just to craft our sale badges in peace. More likely.

I felt more safe with email auth, because I have 2-step auth on my email already. The mobile one is irritating, but I'm not going to wait a week to unload a 4c card.

I was being sarcastic
if that's not obvious, IDK what is

Sch1sm

I was being sarcastic
if that's not obvious, IDK what is

Tack on a /s - if you haven't learned by now, context travels poorly through text. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please tell me DOW3 is going to have Necrons in the base game. Everyone loved Dark Crusade, right? ;_;

But... didn't Retribution have the whole
Last Stand
with the Necron
Overlord
or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom