• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Nicki Minaj looking like a jrpg villain

Or a Final Fantasy character with all those belt buckles I guess

Edit: linking in case its nsfw, I dont think it is but im on mobile, maybe that dress is more see through that it looks >_>

Katy Perry is also on the same lane tbh.
Chfg5tkWUAQxeAX.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ludens, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kraven Manor -- MB-70B116CD7D3E18DB - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 4 entrants total.
Moving Hazard -- MB-F92AB58F1E98E587 - Taken by Kuroyume. 7 entrants total.
Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre -- MB-701A9D1B4C97FBD4 - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-ACA7B96F10B0D7B2 - Taken by neonglow. 2 entrants total.
Grimoire: Manastorm -- MB-7496A85554D81771 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Bundle -- MB-07FABF4916493F34 - Taken by AsylumX. 13 entrants total.
Trinium Wars -- MB-5B9CBD438CE9EBC3 - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.
Iesebel -- MB-C1BB3A6C89DC3AAE - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-68D2E3FF18F509F3 - Taken by Lashley
Elements: Soul of Fire -- MB-4E0BEA25CB848F22 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-783C7FB1DA9C8FD0 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 6 entrants total.
Sega Make War Not Love 3 Bundle (Gunstar Heroes, Renegade Ops, Viking : Battle for Asgard) -- MB-2A9DC99DD68C442E - Taken by Megauap. 2 entrants total.
Dustforce DX -- MB-EAA821FF6ED0DD79 - Taken by fspm. 2 entrants total.
A Bird Story -- MB-480303A392E02706 - Taken by Gez. 8 entrants total.
Cult of the Wind -- MB-50731FAE6820370A - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
OutDrive -- MB-F7919B5C4634A9C3 - Taken by gurm3n. 8 entrants total.
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold Collector's Edition -- MB-9C46526EA714C702 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 2 entrants total.

t1462260944z1.png

redlacs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Potatoman seeks the troof -- MB-623D60368D22B4F1 - Taken by Loptous
Nyctophobia -- MB-B8BDF141E883248F - Taken by gurm3n
SAMOLIOTIK -- MB-A690BADB66A139C7 - Taken by bloke

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Nyctophobia was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

zkylon

zkylewd
so far my favorite is definitely tracer, and i like pharah and d.va a lot too. reaper, hanzo, zarya and mercy are also ok. haven't seriously played much of the rest but i think for me it's all about tracer, trying to branch out to

also that fucking samurai robot dude is op as fuck, holy shit. i'm trying to think of a good counter but idk, dude's got everything. maybe symmetra turrets are good against him, idk, best i've done is just going on his face with pharah and blasting him

but yeah overwatch is pretty great, the character variety is pretty intense and the games last just long enough for it to be like a backup game for league without totally taking over. also it's moved from being a stomp every game to getting a couple 99%-99% overtime deciders and a bunch of upsets and whatnot. it's mostly up to organized play, if ppl run off on their own or pick dumb stuff sieges feel unbreakable, but when you start grouping you can slowly gain ground and overpower the defending team

also the extra thing i absolutely adore is how snappy and responsive the menus are. everything feels instant and it still manages to have a cool animation, it's great. if the league client worked like that it'd be the best thing ever

the one thing that feels kind of scary is that the maps/modes feel on the low side and if there's not like a tf2 plan that u regularly get new maps and stuff i feel like ppl are gonna fall off. also i'm not a big fan of the inconsistent way you earn currency. but mostly idk if the game's gonna have legs with this number of maps and modes. it's not super low but it felt a bit repetitive after like 3 hours of playing it non stop with a friend lol

speaking of, anyone wants to play, hit me up!

user is zkylon#1248

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The Red Wizard, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocket League -- MB-1BF037E2A66E76CF - Taken by mp1990. 22 entrants total.
Rocket League #2 -- MB-E18F42A3F7D72B5F - Taken by Jadax. 15 entrants total.
Rocket League #3 -- MB-A2CDEB12C14903FF - Taken by texhnolyze. 17 entrants total.

t1462267845z1.png

Overwatch looks so damn gorgeous. Blizzard artists are amazing.

That said, the game gets really busy when everyone starts using all their abilities. I picked Mercy (the healer) so that I could stand back and heal folks while trying to understand what everyone else does. I like that she has an ability that lets her jump towards her healing targets, which is a nice upgrade from the TF2 medic.

Seems like a really fun game.

AHA-Lambda

I don't know whats more sad...

The fact that Activision is releasing remastered COD games or the fact that so many people are excited for a remastered COD game.

Either way everyone should be ashamed of themselves.

I do have this feeling that there is too strong a nostalgia with CoD 4, and people will be disappointed.
I'm not a big MP player but is CoD4 MP really going to satisfy an itch for those tired of CoD MP?

Ironically I think the part that holds best these days will probably be the campaign, the part that is otherwise disposable now.

zkylon

zkylewd
Overwatch looks so damn gorgeous. Blizzard artists are amazing.

That said, the game gets really busy when everyone starts using all their abilities. I picked Mercy (the healer) so that I could stand back and heal folks while trying to understand what everyone else does. I like that she has an ability that lets her jump towards her healing targets, which is a nice upgrade from the TF2 medic.

Seems like a really fun game.
yeah the facial animation is amazing. it's freaking gorgeous

and yea, i thought mercy was gonna be super boring since medic in tf2 is kind of the lamest experience ever but the jump really makes a big difference. she's still not as exciting as the more explosive characters but jumping around is really fun

MUnited83

For you.
I do have this feeling that there is too strong a nostalgia with CoD 4, and people will be disappointed.
I'm not a big MP player but is CoD4 MP really going to satisfy an itch for those tired of CoD MP?

Ironically I think the part that holds best these days will probably be the campaign, the part that is otherwise disposable now.

As someone that still plays the CoD4 MP in 2016: yes. CoD4 MP is pretty neat, it's before they went all in crazy with the dozens of different killstreaks and customization shenanigans.

Yeah I think so too. There's obviously a lot of nostalgia for the game but I think people have forgotten some of it's glaring flaws. Does anyone remember the last stand perk where you could kill an enemy and then they'd be able to shoot you from the ground with a pistol anyway? Or the martyrdom perk where they would drop a grenade after death that would randomly blow you up? Or how you could stack up the attack helicopter perk and keep spamming it over and over? They got rid of this stuff for a reason.

It's possible they'll rebalance the game a bit but I don't know... COD4 was revolutionary for it's time but it was nowhere close to perfect.

valouris

So Dark Souls 3 wants to do an 88MB update, and I have 6.5GB free space on my SSD, yet Steam says that there is not enough space for the update. What gives???

So Dark Souls 3 wants to do an 88MB update, and I have 6.5GB free space on my SSD, yet Steam says that there is not enough space for the update. What gives???

It might be that it unpacks sth. else.

I had that before, where one game was downloading a 100MB update, but while it installed it needed 5GB to unpack/install something.

Nice Rocket League raffle. Maybe ya'll should add me or something.

Also that Battleborn figure's expression is pretty much exactly how I feel towards that game and Randy Pitchford.

Is there a way to know exactly how much space is needed?

Sadly I dont know how.

Also that Battleborn figure's expression is pretty much exactly how I feel towards that game and Randy Pitchford.

I still dont think how you can release a full-price MOBA-like title (it is full-price, right?) nowadays and think it will be the next best thing ever.
Evolve showed us what might happen.

Ludens

Banned
I think there's a problem with my giveaway. There are some unclaimed keys, but a user contacted me saying he entered for Kraven Manor and he received nothing. Stump, can you have a look at this, if possible?

Those are unclaimed:

Kraven Manor -- MB-70B116CD7D3E18DB - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 4 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-68D2E3FF18F509F3 - Taken by Lashley
Elements: Soul of Fire -- MB-4E0BEA25CB848F22 - Taken by Vuze
Cult of the Wind -- MB-50731FAE6820370A - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.

derExperte

12 is Better Than 6 got gamepad support. And is 66% off. While I'm in the Hotline-Miami-must-be-played-with-kbm crew this one felt weird and I stopped. Or maybe it was the 40fps framerate. Anyway, I'll give it another try now.

I think there's a problem with my giveaway. There are some unclaimed keys, but a user contacted me saying he entered for Kraven Manor and he received nothing. Stump, can you have a look at this, if possible?

Throttled? Lurker? Or community blacklist? Forgot if it applies to every giveaway even if it doesn't say anything.

MUnited83

For you.
That user probably didn't meet the requirements of the giveaway.

Ludens

Banned
12 is Better Than 6 got gamepad support. And is 66% off. While I'm in the Hotline-Miami-must-be-played-with-kbm crew this one felt weird and I stopped. Or maybe it was the 40fps framerate. Anyway, I'll give it another try.

Throttled? Or community blacklist? Forgot if it applies to every giveaway even if it doesn't say anything.

Dunno, I have no blacklist option anyway.

That user probably didn't meet the requirements of the giveaway.

Well, someone should redeem that stuff in this case, Kraven Manor is really good, didn't try other games.

Dark Souls 3 Future Update To Include Fix For Cheating Weapons, Community Manager To Ask Team About Poise

Publisher Bandai Namco has confirmed in an email sent in responde to reddit user neptunusequester that the team is currently aware of players using stats altering weapons in PvP, and that a fix for the issue will be implemented in a future update. This issue is especially critical, as altering stats can result in an account getting flagged and eventually banned for inconsistencies. According to Bandai Namco’s email, it’s possible to restore a backed up save without any penalties.

One other weird issue that’s affecting Dark Souls 3 on all formats is how the Poise and Physical Defense stats aren’t working as they did in previous entries of the series. A few hours ago, Bandai Namco US Community Manager has confirmed that he is going to talk with the team about the Poise matter, so we will finally know whether if this stat working like this is either intentional or not.

Ludens

Banned

Well, as I wrote the "restoring save" thing it's not true, since when people got flagged and they restored their saves, nothing changed and they are still banned.

Also From should really work on really updating their anti-cheat system, even if people don't alter weapon's stats, as some streamers showed there are plenty of ways to cheat, including the fact you can create an infinite amount of Steam account and keep cheating using family share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom