• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Does the "recently played with" thing on Steam work with Dark Souls 3 (or any game for that matter)? Mine's empty, and I just ran through some Aldrich Faithful people. Or does it only work with friendly broing?

Works for me when I check through the overlay.

t6Rwy9g.png

"Recently Played With" is rarely supported by 3rd parties. I know Black Ops 3 supports it.

Sarcasm

The mobile ads are getting out of hand. They are so big that they take up more then half of my phones screen.

They were perfect size before, why the upscale?

Parsnip

Works for me when I check through the overlay.

t6Rwy9g.png

"Recently Played With" is rarely supported by 3rd parties. I know Black Ops 3 supports it.

Right you are, I can see those in the overlay as well, thanks!
Sucks that the website doesn't work the same.

neonglow

Here's my Groupees extras. May they be a +1 to whoever wants them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for neonglow:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Spakoyno -- MB-40A38D1E38210538 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
That Bastard Is Trying To Steal Our Gold -- MB-4956E940CFCCD139 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
New York Bus Simulator -- MB-47A9C97C0E172FE2 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.

t1462244566z1.png

Sch1sm

Yeah because NO ONE posts bullshit in this thread. Please.

I don't think that's what Automator was saying.

---------

Anyone here played the game Factorio? Explain this to me. It looks interesting. Has phenomenal reviews. Just released this pats February. Looks way too complicated, all the same.

yuraya

I don't know whats more sad...

The fact that Activision is releasing remastered COD games or the fact that so many people are excited for a remastered COD game.

Either way everyone should be ashamed of themselves.

Jawmuncher

I don't know whats more sad...

The fact that Activision is releasing remastered COD games or the fact that so many people are excited for a remastered COD game.

Either way everyone should be ashamed of themselves.

Eh it's fine, COD isnt that bad.its a big franchise so it's gonna have people who want that.,

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh, nice!

I'm envying you right now.
it's pretty great

i'm enjoying d.va, tracer and zarya quite a bunch. mei was super boring from what i've seen and those are all i've tried

Fuck me Overwatch needs some balance. All the games have been one-sided so far because teams just camp at the enemy base.
a bit, yeah

not sure how much of that is balance and how much is the game being new and ppl not playing it correctly yet

What are my options for cryogenic freezing, hibernation, hypno-stasis, and time travel? I need it to be a week from now, stat.
Anyone here played the game Factorio? Explain this to me. It looks interesting. Has phenomenal reviews. Just released this pats February. Looks way too complicated, all the same.

I've been waiting for a more complete version of it, but Giant Bomb's Unfinished of Factorio sold me on it a while back. It's still in development and has made significant strides since it debuted on Steam (having been sold on the dev's official site previously, IIRC). From everything I've seen, it looks like an incredibly compelling management game where the player builds a factory to do everything, one block at a time. Vinny, the video's host, mentioned that the campaign is a good tutorial, but the tech tree does a good job of making it a bit more manageable to dive right into, I think. It's a few degrees off from being another Stardew Valley, in terms of "just one more thing" to do.

Fight to survive, build a factory and thrive.
Factorio.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Kaptain Brawe: A Brave New World -- MB-E03A37A2EFE81646 - Taken by Eila
Darksiders -- MB-A57A56EACD2E2D99 - Taken by Ventara

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Defense Grid failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Baron_Calamity, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Journey to the center of the earth -- MB-F6E22A0E555C5074 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
krog wars -- MB-704749CABD887D51 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Medieval Mercs -- MB-A3E744BC4956BAD7 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Magicka: Wizard Wars -- MB-1CEA8CBDAB86287A - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Deadbreed -- MB-FEF50CC2965FA31C - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
Woodle Tree Adventures -- MB-43363BC289AEDDB4 - Taken by lazerfox. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Moebius -- MB-293B7F9E611D6E50 - Taken by Mikurden. 6 entrants total.
unknown battle -- MB-29FDFCAF1BE04FCD - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Saints Row IV Thank You Pack -- MB-5443ED3737DDB899 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Big Space Mess -- MB-DE76FEBDB32C6048 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Saints Row IV Reverse Cosplay Pack -- MB-1A58FBED3CBF49A7 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Journey to the center of the earth was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Deadbreed was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1462252366z1.png

bigzgod

Welp, just had a cheap bundle key I won from a giveaway revoked. The person who created the giveaway admitted he got his key from G2A.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Yet a lot of people still buy games from there and cdkeys...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Welp, just had a cheap bundle key I won from a giveaway revoked. The person who created the giveaway admitted he got his key from G2A.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Yet a lot of people still buy games from there and cdkeys...

So was it a bundle key or a g2a key? :eek:

We come ORIGINal
ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 5 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin -- MB-5BE07FBDCE8101E1 - Taken by kagamin
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space Origin -- MB-4AE869F9629F2100
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge Origin -- MB-74222DC92101BD20
vRvbDCu.png
Populous Origin -- MB-B38E4BE15936C07D - Taken by Kagemusha
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor Origin -- MB-3369A454937D3557 - Taken by hannes

Lain

I wouldn't put cdkeys on the same exact level as g2a. I mean:
cdkeys.com

Lomax

God this game looks so beautiful.

And yet, I've not seen a single frame of actual in game footage in all the commercials that are running non-stop on the various ESPN channels. Though as I recall in 2004, all the Doom 3 commercials showed nothing but in game footage as that was the major selling point. Oh how times change.

Oreoleo

Oreo making friends again?
:3
lmao oh jeeze

I don't think that's what Automator was saying.

I just don't see the harm in someone posting 4 more times in a day to qualify for a raffle. Especially when it's someone who has been on GAF and in the Steam threads a long-ass time. ESPECIALLY when there are already people with 30 or 50 posts when the thread has been live for like 72 hours. I wasn't even encouraging him to "spam." It's not hard to stay on-topic when the topics in this thread are already as broad as they are.

Battleborn is out and ready to change the world!

But actually saying that seemed too straightforward. So here we are.

Edit: And for the record, it's an image of Stellaris from a page or two back.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Overwatch beta on the Battleborn release date

giphy.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
I think I'm incapable of caring about battleborn
Launching finals week, SURE, I'LL TOTALLY PLAY YOU

At least Uncharted is a series people would give up studying for >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom