• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

So, what kind of betrayal has Humble in store for us today?
I'd say Humble UWP bundle, but there's no mechanism for key generation for Win10 Store, so that's a no...
Uplay or Origin, right?

MUnited83

For you.
So, what kind of betrayal has Humble in store for us today?
I'd say Humble UWP bundle, but there's no mechanism for key generation for Win10 Store, so that's a no...
Uplay or Origin, right?

BF4, Titanfall and DA: Inquisition for 1$. I'd buy it.

Hektor

Played my first game of Overwatch and immediately got the Play of the Game spotlight (A triple kill with her ult). Diva <3

question about the FPS counter on steam
i am playing BF3 and put the shortcut on steam to see the FPS,i am using Windows 7.

my friend have Win 10 , but after he created the shortcut on steam,he can't see the FPS counter,is it because of Win 10?
will fraps work?

It seems the overlay is missing. Every 3rd party fps counter program should work. Try msi afterburner if fraps doesn't work.

Nabs

I was thinking a Sega Humble Bundle would make some sense right now. I know the DoW games are on sale, but anything is possible.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I was thinking a Sega Humble Bundle would make some sense right now. I know the DoW games are on sale, but anything is possible.

People just bought the Sega Classics pack, so It'd make sense to put it on sale for cheaper.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A game in which you need to focus on details -- MB-524769085BADB63E - Taken by Endruen

So the new bundle I'm a part of was pushed to this Friday.

Should I work my ass off to get the dlc released on Thursday, or do you think it'll be fine on Monday?

Hektor

tumblr_nxg3siMbsc1qax4juo1_500.gif

Sch1sm

So the new bundle I'm a part of was pushed to this Friday.

Should I work my ass off to get the dlc released on Thursday, or do you think it'll be fine on Monday?

I mean, if you aren't particularly busy this week, I'd say the former. Do it for the consumers.

E: It's all dependent on price, imo. Of the DLC, of the game without. How much am I potentially saving in it being bundled with. I dunno. Do what's most comfortable for yourself - got plenty of sales to come beyond the upcoming bundle. Better to take your time and work out the kinks.

Nabs

Go buy SquareCells and the Hexcells Complete pack. Go.

Also Hexcells is now on iPad.

Completed and perfect SquareCells, and now it's on sale for CDN$1.64/USD$1.49. Was worth. Is worth. Go on and buy it already if you haven't.

So worth it.

Mivey

What if you change your password after using it?
I guess. Just saw that it is open source, which helps a lot, but still leaves the possibility of security issues. I would still think the mobile app is good idea, for the added benefit of two factor alone. But if can't get it to work, this might be a way to still use Steam trading.
how dead is battleborn guys
Is that the Blizzard one, or the CliffyB one? Can't keep these Moba 2.0 games apart.

Take this with a grain of salt:

http://semiaccurate.com/2016/05/03/thing-go-bumpgate-in-the-night-for-nvidias-gp100-pascal-gpu/

Naturally this follows what was said previously from Charlie but with a bit more of a problem that just "fixing bugs"

Considering AMD is the only vendor with working 14nm silicon at trade shows, doesn't look that good for nVidia.

Charlie has had a longstanding feud with Nvidia so it's difficult to take him seriously when he throws out news like this. But then at the same time, he was... semi accurate during the Fermi pre launch debacle so he does have some solid sources. It's definitely news to be concerned about if one was waiting for the next NV GPU.

Interestingly, NV dropped the ball with the GTX 4xx series which allowed AMD to claim the performance crown with their 5870 cards. That was possibly the last time I remember AMD had that going for them. It was also the first card/generation to transition to DX11, so it would be a repeat of history if NV stumbled during the imminent DX12 transition.

Played my first game of Overwatch and immediately got the Play of the Game spotlight (A triple kill with her ult). Diva <3

I got a triple kill with Widowmaker's mine (I don't know how) and I was all set to get my first play of the game. Then some silly Hanzo went nuts with his bow and killed like 5 in a row and stole it from me :(

I guess. Just saw that it is open source, which helps a lot, but still leaves the possibility of security issues. I would still think the mobile app is good idea, for the added benefit of two factor alone. But if can't get it to work, this might be a way to still use Steam trading.
Yeah, it doesn't work when you have your phone app already set up so I just went with the old way. Oh well, Valve will surely soon improve the hassle...

Guys, play Shadow Complex. One of the best Metroidvania games I've played in quite a while. Hopefully the sales will open Chair Entertainment's eyes to make a sequel and not for Infinity Blade.

I mean, if you aren't particularly busy this week, I'd say the former. Do it for the consumers.

I'm not, and we honestly don't have that much more to do. So possibly.

It's all dependent on price, imo. Of the DLC, of the game without. How much am I potentially saving in it being bundled with. I dunno. Do what's most comfortable for yourself - got plenty of sales to come beyond the upcoming bundle. Better to take your time and work out the kinks.

$3.99, and Daily Indie looks to have a $1.49 average for bundles.

how dead is battleborn guys

Both games serve different purposes.

Battleborn is online Borderlands 2. Overwatch is meant for MLG.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
15&#8364; for Shadow Complex is... expected I guess. At least its not 20&#8364;

edit: oooh Dawn of War 3 was actually announced? awesome

zkylon

zkylewd

nice

i wish they would increase the drop rates for covenant items

yeah!

overwatch!

ChimbD8UoAA81NK.jpg:large

Dishonored 2 is coming to the PS4, XB1, & PC on November 11

source: https://bethesda.net/#de/events/game/dishonored-2-release-date-revealed/2016/04/26/115

cool date, i don't think anything i really care about releases then. maybe no man's zky but eh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom