• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may try that free thingie. Although the online is apparently terrible for randoms.

I may also lose the urge if the US gets bounced out in the COPA group stage.

MazeHaze

Banned
Earlier today I was getting some obscene screen tearing in Netflix, I had just updated Nvidia drivers, so I rolled back. Worked like a charm, everything back to normal, or so I thought. Went to boot up Doom a couple of minutes ago, and now it only tries to run the game on my motherboards integrated graphics. I only have this problem with Doom now. Other games work just fine using my gtx980. I have integrated graphics enabled because I have one monitor plugged into the gpu and one plugged into the mobo, which has caused me 0 problems up until now. Any suggestions?

rtcn63

Earlier today I was getting some obscene screen tearing in Netflix, I had just updated Nvidia drivers, so I rolled back. Worked like a charm, everything back to normal, or so I thought. Went to boot up Doom a couple of minutes ago, and now it only tries to run the game on my motherboards integrated graphics. I only have this problem with Doom now. Other games work just fine using my gtx980. I have integrated graphics enabled because I have one monitor plugged into the gpu and one plugged into the mobo, which has caused me 0 problems up until now. Any suggestions?

Deja vu http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204917562&postcount=13487

EDIT: Oops, didn't catch that you're actually using two monitors so you need the integrated.

rtcn63

Street Fighter V |OT| How I Learned to Stop Parrying and Love the Bomb

I don't play SFV so this likely makes zero sense

Momentary

Banned
I'm hoping KOF XIV comes to STEAM. I'm packing stuff to move to California and found these in a box that I haven't opened in 6 years.

20160529_172821_zpszj7pellu.jpg

Man I used to be a huge SNK fan lol..

Eila

that's actually a pretty nice free package if you get all the teams for free on exhibition match

I downloaded that. I believe you only get like a dozen teams, which is not quite all of them but still more than the FIFA demos.
From the little I played the physics felt awful, specially the tackles. I think FIFA still wins even if the last 2 have been meh.

MazeHaze

Banned
Ok, so apparently Doom isn't running on integrated graphics, it's using the gpu, but whenever I launch it it changes to 4:3 and runs on my secondary monitor. I can put it into windowed mode and drag it to my main screen, but if I change it to fullscreen or borderless it goes back to the other monitor.

Go EtDP!

Plug both monitors into the GPU? Just a guess.

kevin1025

Banned
Ok, so apparently Doom isn't running on integrated graphics, it's using the gpu, but whenever I launch it it changes to 4:3 and runs on my secondary monitor. I can put it into windowed mode and drag it to my main screen, but if I change it to fullscreen or borderless it goes back to the other monitor.

Bethesda published games have always been super tricky when booting them up, for me at least. It always jumps to a different monitor (which I don't even have), or is in some weird resolution or won't go fullscreen.

But usually either going under advanced display settings and making sure the right monitor (or in my case the TV) is the main display, or going to the game's executable properties and clicking the box of "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" fixes things!

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Judgement -- MB-B89616517F2998F6 - Taken by animlboogy

MazeHaze

Banned
Bethesda published games have always been super tricky when booting them up, for me at least. It always jumps to a different monitor (which I don't even have), or is in some weird resolution or won't go fullscreen.

But usually either going under advanced display settings and making sure the right monitor (or in my case the TV) is the main display, or going to the game's executable properties and clicking the box of "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" fixes things!

It's just so weird that I didn't have any problems until today. Some combination of verifying cache and reinstalling drivers did the trick, in case anyone else has this issue.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
no comments on all the other elitist crap

this is very ignorant and typical applying of doto logic to league

there are no hard counters in league and characters are a lot more standarized into positions and roles than in doto

so this is flat out misinformation, the team "that spent the most money" or whatever doesn't really have an advantage, idk how that works in doto, but in league you can play whoever the fuck you want and still do good

Ain't crap if it is true.

Nor is it about the team that has spent more money. Simply when you have bans and one team has to choose between 60 characters and the other team has to choose between 40. One team is at an inherit disadvantage from the start, at times a fairly severe one too. I.E. The other team has only Janna and Sona. Ban one, pick the other. While you guys also have Soraka. So even if they ban the other, they can choose to waste that ban to counter yours while being unable to prevent a ban for a strong ADC carry. It adds another layer of strategy into bans that isn't present in DOTA and it's not balanced at all.

This is ignoring the requirement for runes. Which again, will put you at a disadvantage. Nor does the meta allow you to play with whoever you want. There are very clear tiers with characters and some characters do require a proper rune set to utilize efficiently. More important, required for early game. Someone using T1 runes is at 70% versus T3 at 100%. The one at 3 can force a fight earlier on, that isn't possible in DOTA because that advantage doesn't exist.

This is either do to how long the player has played or how much money they invested. There is no counter for it other than that.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Started playing Life is Strange. If Warren was a GAF poster, he'd get himself banned pretty quickly.

I need to get back and finish it. I suffered a save data corruption glitch towards the end of episode 2 and didn't go back to it, but loved what I played.

Warren and Chloe both I think would be banned rather quickly. Max I think would go some ways, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom