• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldsun

Banned
Just about entirely finished with Dark Souls 3 (Level 6 run, all achievements), on NG+6.
Now im torn on what to play next. The Fallout4 season pass stuff? FF9? FFX?

Finish Tales of Zestria?

So many choices.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So I connected to Twitch to see if anyone was streaming the new Witcher expansion yet, and I see that Overwatch is 2nd on the top games right now. I go over to Lirik, who has 24k people watching him, twice as many as the nearest streamer -but Lirik is having technical problems and is just streaming the chat window.

24k viewers for nothing.

I feel sorry for everyone else trying to make it as a streamer.

woopWOOP

Bought a bunch of bundles for the few games I wanted, trying to get rid of the remaining leftovers.
Turns out I had a bunch of old keys gathering virtual dust in some bundle accounts too, so figured I'd add those too.
It really feels like I'm driveby dumping my trash in this thread, but hey you know, one person's trash is another person's gold! sometimes

Ohyeah and I made it a lightning raffle because everybody's probably going for the few bigger titles anyway
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 46 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galacide -- MB-C74218377E717A37 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
There Came An Echo (Deluxe) -- MB-B6B029D2014767FD - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Blade Symphony -- MB-6028307034B1DAE6 - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
Serafina's Crown -- MB-6F33FFBC50D725AB - Taken by Arthea. 3 entrants total.
Kingdom Rush -- MB-0819E9314C0887C4 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
Aveyond: Lord of Twilight -- MB-1DD6267BB57AD910
Grapple -- MB-E19D71521521BCAD - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
The Dwarf Run -- MB-57461BEDF1B84811 - Taken by longlivegaming. 1 entrants total.
Advent Rising -- MB-8BCE530987D11B37 - Taken by Zeeman. 2 entrants total.
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-6378A1FB464EBC4B
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-3CE8D7F07E8C28E6 - Taken by pislit. 1 entrants total.
Goats On A Bridge -- MB-0B57855A2C8BF457 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
BloodRaybe 2 -- MB-F6BC347CDC325CE0 - Taken by yoshizzle. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-38BD7476E7392F02 - Taken by hannes. 2 entrants total.
Devil May Cry: Vergil's Downfall DLC -- MB-0C41D22A53A02F93 - Taken by Endruen. 4 entrants total.
Velocity Ultra -- MB-D2A3DFDE6DC8F952 - Taken by Tellaerin. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Lost Planet 3 Complete -- MB-FAFB4DBFBC19D856 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.
Last Days of Spring Visual Novel -- MB-A6BE2E2A9A04C089 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Rayman Origins (uPlay) -- MB-A5853B9AC514BC06 - Taken by Red Hood. 1 entrants total.
GAUGE -- MB-EA454F3A7C4D5FC9 - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
Aozora Meikyuu -- MB-5E7625576635E552 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION -- MB-995D5AC901C3BE8D - Taken by mp1990. 2 entrants total.
Sword of Asumi - Deluxe Edition -- MB-325D87A96CF177C8 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Remnants of Isolation -- MB-7D2B4DCA13F3D45F - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
The Last Photon -- MB-7349BDDB958149D0 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Bionic Commando -- MB-B415A231655C0DF3 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut -- MB-92C84031B27DE449 - Taken by ramoisdead. 2 entrants total.
Oknytt -- MB-6003F9A7D2249D97 - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
A Boy and his Blob -- MB-BECCDB68D14E5534 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
Olympia Rising -- MB-BEC8BD4676DB35E4 - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.

Our Love Will Grow -- MB-BB41920821AD57AF - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-06DE3AC289D6363E - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
I also have some 'Pacific Skies' expansion of sorts, so whoever takes this can pm me to get that too.
Labyrinthine Dreams -- MB-99E00FD8CFCECF71 - Taken by Neospartan. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Pirates! -- MB-C15A5FAC930F89DA - Taken by ussjtrunks. 2 entrants total.
Sakura Angels -- MB-A6798152D35B079C - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
Avalanche 2: Super Avalanche -- MB-736CF0104DB9ED64 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Whisper Of A Rose -- MB-83FFB25B01FF5DB3 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Death Goat -- MB-2899CAFDBBEADBF5 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
BloodRayne Betrayal -- MB-533FFB63CB5A9550 - Taken by Salsa. 1 entrants total.
Impusle -- MB-B89CE6A95B2A2F50 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Last Word -- MB-261583AD114F19E2 - Taken by Ventara. 2 entrants total.
Cyber City 2157: The Visual Novel -- MB-27B1749A5CF3585D - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
BloodRayne -- MB-F5F83CE09AD531CC - Taken by BorntoPlay. 1 entrants total.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger -- MB-AA91110514F6748A - Taken by gaiadyne. 3 entrants total.
Stoneheart -- MB-A746A706F8C47382 - Taken by Phawx. 4 entrants total.
Forever stuck in beta.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-1199F7A11907315E - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Railroads! -- MB-E7D429D66F8049D5 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.

t1464652307z1.png

I've been busy and had limited funds lately, but I continue to lurk this thread.

It's also been a while since I've done a giveaway...so here ya go:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead6hot -- MB-12FB9BEE8DC65FD5 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Atonement Scourge of Time -- MB-BE05FFDB76F4DB04
Guardians of Victoria -- MB-62118B9446A729D3 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker Reboot -- MB-1C4B393B867BA7D3 - Taken by shervinrs. 4 entrants total.
Broken Dreams -- MB-F8AA95F9EE30FE30 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 1 entrants total.
Project Starship -- MB-4DBE2C5303CF3FC3 - Taken by WinterDemons. 3 entrants total.
Data Hacker Corruption -- MB-8F4ABF38265B8515
State of Anarchy -- MB-D318F7243EB96BD9 - Taken by septicore. 4 entrants total.
Data Hacker Initiation -- MB-D7A29703B5952286
Elements II Hearts of Light -- MB-EE765B9EA4CD572C - Taken by Arthea. 2 entrants total.
Insincere -- MB-C743AD8433EBF48A - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.
City of Chains -- MB-C247900F77EB2562 - Taken by Catshade. 4 entrants total.
Dungeon of Zolthan -- MB-CDF51C8BDCC87E00 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 4 entrants total.
Hero Quest Tower Conflict -- MB-28B222B2AEEBDC2C - Taken by bobnowhere. 5 entrants total.
Incitement 3 -- MB-C7C111390432610C - Taken by neonglow. 3 entrants total.
Outrage -- MB-5A3847A273719B58 - Taken by Natty1. 5 entrants total.
PulseCharge -- MB-7ED8487EC89D108A - Taken by Eila. 4 entrants total.
Elements Soul of Fire -- MB-0B4BEE210D6FF5EA - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
Love is Blind Mutants -- MB-0FA0C7896FC2FECC - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Invasion Brain Craving -- MB-061338C4564EDEE0 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.

t1464662320z1.png

As always, if there are any problems, let me know.

Nyoro SF

Happy Memorial Day! Valkyria Chronicles giveaway time! 3-hour raffle!

mbSDnxc.jpg

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyoro SF, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles #3 -- MB-A5D69F10B108B4EC - Taken by Balthuk. 6 entrants total.
Valkyria Chronicles #1 -- MB-AB56572E55A99FBA - Taken by Leafhopper. 4 entrants total.

t1464664436z1.png

There were supposed to be three keys, but Modbot ate one. Guess I'll try again later with that key.

q2cIXzu.png

Finished Unepic. "Finished". Will come to that later.

Premise is simple but well executed with plenty self-aware humor and nods to many cliches and franchises. During a D&D game-night with friends you get sucked into a real dungeon or rather castle. And boy is it a castle indeed. It's huge. Separated into several areas with unique themes and enemies. You slowly get to explore the castle, open up new areas in your journey to meet the master of the castle Harnakon. Each area has a boss fight which drops a key opening a previously locked area. Besides the main quest each area also harbors a Pure Spirit with a quest. These are particularly interesting since the loot is a whole new character skill which opens the path for various spells and skills. On top of these there are also more menial side quests abound which net you either gold, a companion pet or a special weapon. All in all, there is always something to do once you go exploring a new area. These quests sadly are almost always very similar in that you need to collect certain elements in the near vicinity and thus can get repetitive. The rewards make them still worthwhile.

The way you beat the plethora of enemies in the castle depends on you though. From classic melee weaponry to staves, potions to spells, the options at hand are enormous. You will need to decide early on which playstyle to choose since enemies become more powerful as you explore further and the necessary stats to wield apt weapon, spells and armor increases as well. Thankfully there was a side quest that netted me a one-time item to respec. I got stumped at a certain boss for good after having neglected Bow stats. This aspect, the stats and immense amount of spells, swords, maces, axes, hammers, bows, robes, armor, potions, staves, wands and their each respective stats you can level up surprised me by sheer depth. It was fun to change pace from melee combat to magic based combat. Weirdly enough Shields are a total no-show. A shame since melee combat ends up mindless button mostly.

The boss fights were usually the highlight of each area. They are all very unique not only visually but in their regular and special attacks which makes for a fun and fair challenge even while dying many times. For the most part. And this is where the grand finale comes up again. It's a blunder. A dud. A total wreck. Everything you learned up to this point gets thrown out the window. Suddenly you find yourself under time pressure. Not only fighting a boss but going through a whole area filled with enemies. But that's not even the worst part. You also get suddenly control over a second character where you have to fend of enemy waves with some light strategy/tower-defense elements. This especially does not work well with the game. Having two dozen characters have an all-out war is not meant for this viewpoint. You don't see what is happening, who is friend or foe, even where your own character is. Most importantly it is not fun. The best moments in the game are boss encounters where you have to time attacks, run at the right time and repeat. These fights give you control, clarity and the time needed for the right tactic. The final fight is a rushed catastrophe compared to that. You never feel certain what is happening with all the character switching, strategic NPC placement and time pressure. And when you die, you start the whole area from start.

No thanks. If it's not fun, I'm not game. So I still call this a finished game since I got to the end. All in all, Unepic is a fun and surprisingly deep and big game with passable combat mechanics. This won't be a good time for many I assume. Movement, combat they all feel not overtly satisfying but it's definitely a case of greater than the sum of its parts. Give it a try. You might like it like I did and get close to 30 hours of a good time out of it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Armoured Priest, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dead6hot -- MB-12FB9BEE8DC65FD5 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Atonement Scourge of Time -- MB-BE05FFDB76F4DB04
Guardians of Victoria -- MB-62118B9446A729D3 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker Reboot -- MB-1C4B393B867BA7D3 - Taken by shervinrs. 4 entrants total.
Broken Dreams -- MB-F8AA95F9EE30FE30 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 1 entrants total.
Project Starship -- MB-4DBE2C5303CF3FC3 - Taken by WinterDemons. 3 entrants total.
Data Hacker Corruption -- MB-8F4ABF38265B8515
State of Anarchy -- MB-D318F7243EB96BD9 - Taken by septicore. 4 entrants total.
Data Hacker Initiation -- MB-D7A29703B5952286
Elements II Hearts of Light -- MB-EE765B9EA4CD572C - Taken by Arthea. 2 entrants total.
Insincere -- MB-C743AD8433EBF48A - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.
City of Chains -- MB-C247900F77EB2562 - Taken by Catshade. 4 entrants total.
Dungeon of Zolthan -- MB-CDF51C8BDCC87E00 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 4 entrants total.
Hero Quest Tower Conflict -- MB-28B222B2AEEBDC2C - Taken by bobnowhere. 5 entrants total.
Incitement 3 -- MB-C7C111390432610C - Taken by neonglow. 3 entrants total.
Outrage -- MB-5A3847A273719B58 - Taken by Natty1. 5 entrants total.
PulseCharge -- MB-7ED8487EC89D108A - Taken by Eila. 4 entrants total.
Elements Soul of Fire -- MB-0B4BEE210D6FF5EA - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
Love is Blind Mutants -- MB-0FA0C7896FC2FECC - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Invasion Brain Craving -- MB-061338C4564EDEE0 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.

t1464662320z1.png

Feel like something simpler, much simpler. Braindead shootbang sorta stuff.

Some suggestions, going from your Steam games with 0 playtime:

F.E.A.R.

Far Cry 1 or 2 (very different games)

Hard Reset (though the remaster comes out soon)

Both NecroVision games

Red Faction 1

The Darkness 2

And if all else fails... Bet On Soldier (very strange game, at some points I really liked it, at others I loathed it. It's set in the same universe as Iron Storm, and that makes it interesting)

Play one of the newer Splinter Cell's. I just want to read your write up of one of them.
Have you played Operation Flashpoint? They're the precursor to ARMA.
I do have Blacklist sitting on Uplay. Haven't played any Splinter Cell apart a tiny bit of Chaos Theory many years ago, so not sure if I'd be missing some fun by lack of story. Heard a lot of good things about Blacklist though.
I loved ARMA3 but Flashpoint I did not play.
Some suggestions, going from your Steam games with 0 playtime:

F.E.A.R.

Far Cry 1 or 2 (very different games)

Hard Reset (though the remaster comes out soon)

Both NecroVision games

Red Faction 1

The Darkness 2

And if all else fails... Bet On Soldier (very strange game, at some points I really liked it, at others I loathed it. It's set in the same universe as Iron Storm, and that makes it interesting)
Far Cry 1&2 I actually played previously on a friends PC long ago but Red Faction, Darkness 2 and FEAR I ought to to play some day.

Thanks for the recommendations folks o/

Grief.exe

I do have Blacklist sitting on Uplay. Haven't played any Splinter Cell apart a tiny bit of Chaos Theory many years ago, so not sure if I'd be missing some fun by lack of story. Heard a lot of good things about Blacklist though.
I loved ARMA3 but Flashpoint I did not play.

Chaos Theory is still the best of the series and one of the best stealth games of all time. I would say if you're going to start anywhere, start with that entry.

I played it relatively recently and it still holds up surprisingly well considering the genre has been essentially stagnant since that point.
It had this creative control scheme where you use the mouse wheel to set the sneaking speed in place of analog control. It works perfectly.

Nyoro SF

You might want to make sure that this wasn't a user error where you put two keys on one line and ModBot is about to send two keys for the same winner~!

Just looked up my message and I forgot to put a space after the second hyphen... OTL

So I'm gonna assume nothing was registered for that one, each key was on their own line properly

Lakeview Cabin Collection is weird. My people keep dying in horrible, tragic, or oddly amusing ways and I can't even save the dog.
After beating Hearts of Stone yesterday, I'm more hype than ever to play Blood and Wine, that's all I'm doing tomorrow, the hell spawn in DOOM can wait!

I just started it. Shani is the best.

Don't mind me. I'm just fattening the calves before the slaughter.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim -- MB-749B918F7C6F6FBA - Taken by longlivegaming
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim #2 -- MB-AF60902905165794 - Taken by Zeeman
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim #6 -- MB-2050699F1C9F767D - Taken by Ibuki
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim #7 -- MB-5D21C231F85E16BC - Taken by Xanathus
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim #4 -- MB-FA5C2544AE76F126 - Taken by Armoured Priest
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim #5 -- MB-57346E02089B2945 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN

Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim #8 -- MB-3634E49234FD3D77 - Taken by MakeshiftChef
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim #9 -- MB-426C0CB8B7F4D10B - Taken by Phawx
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim #3 -- MB-033A1C335B59D562 - Taken by Soulflarz

I am not sure if these will work:

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crimsonheadGCN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Samorost 2 #2 -- MB-100EA17FE977500D - Taken by jgalat. 1 entrants total.
Samorost 2 #1 -- MB-E4959D36982409CB - Taken by Loptous. 5 entrants total.

t1464673205z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Chaos Theory is still the best of the series and one of the best stealth games of all time. I would say if you're going to start anywhere, start with that entry.

I played it relatively recently and it still holds up surprisingly well considering the genre has been essentially stagnant since that point.
It had this creative control scheme where you use the mouse wheel to set the sneaking speed in place of analog control. It works perfectly.

The mouse scroll wheel controlling movement speed was a thing since the first Splinter Cell.

zkylon

zkylewd
i almost bought the witcha dlc off nuuvem but now i realize it's gog

i wonder if that'll work with my steam version

hmmm, doubt it, idk if i get a gog version with my steam copy?

where's the cheapest then?

Adnor

Banned
Blacklist main problem it's that it gets too easy if you decide to stealth kill instead of avoiding enemies. The silenced sniper rifle is just too good.

I corrupted Salsa with the sniper rifle, he bought it between missions and then we just killed everyone in the coop campaign. It was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom