• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

How do you measure bombing when the game was wholly financed in advance by its players?

Honestly I have to question where he gets his information, such that it is a place where a chart like that isn't labelled with big red letters "A crazy person did this".

Ever read a GAF thread about some, any SC news?

Lomax

How do you measure bombing when the game was wholly financed in advance by its players?

Ever read a GAF thread about some, any SC news?

I don't envy the Star Citizen devs at all. At this point, if it's not the best game ever made, it's a disappointment. You can't have this many years of hype and money and have it turn out any other way.

292030_20160530143359qdzn6.png
The Witcher 3 is so pretty ;-;

I don't envy the Star Citizen devs at all. At this point, if it's not the best game ever made, it's a disappointment. You can't have this many years of hype and money and have it turn out any other way.

But you can already play some of the modes and see whether the quality might hold up or not.

derExperte

BRUMMMMMBRUMMMMM

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

American Truck Simulator -- MB-3315A48D8E33CBEC - Taken by Purkake4. 57 entrants total.

t1464728470z1.png

oipic

The game that is the most crowfunded game in history, in which over 100 million was earned? The game could end up bad, but "bombing" it won't.

Star Citizen can't be considered a failure as a business venture, I suppose (it's budget can't blow out that much, surely?), but critically, and in the eyes of some very high-paying customers with inflated expectations, it could still 'bomb' as an end product - with the stakes increased due to the insane amount of money some have thrown at it.

In any case, it'll make a fascinating study when all of this plays out - I hope someone is writing a book about this.

Mivey

The game that is the most crowfunded game in history, in which over 100 million was earned? The game could end up bad, but "bombing" it won't.
Sure it could. Who's to say they won''t blow the money on drugs and hookers, and are then taking money from some VCs to make the game, but possibly development takes longer then anticipated so they might release it early, the revenue is next to zero and they end up bankrupt.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Maybe by the time Star Citizen gets released we will have established a quorum that decided to redefine "bomb" as something that doesn't meet your personal expectations and not something that failed to make money.

Until then you might as well throw in an alien invasion that invalidates all human currency on the list of possibly scenarios.

Nightmares from the Deep is good across all three games. It's totally worth it to beat the average by 10cents for Abyss: Wraiths of Eden, if only to answer the question "What if someone shamelessly ripped off Rapture from Bioshock as a setting for a hidden object adventure game?" plus you'd also get Mind Snares and Dark Arcana which are both pretty decent (albeit not as good as NftD)

Arthea

I just finished Quell Reflect
reflected on this thread in the process, it wasn't pretty, Quell still is, tho.

hey, someguyinahat, do you have Crystals of Time?

also quell reminder that you need to buy Setsuna, steamgaf

hohoXD123

Been using metro theme for years now, feel like changing things up, what's your favourite steam theme guys?

Also, trying to lose the gaps between tiles in the grid view, managed to do that by editing one of the files in the steam folder, but I always need to keep readjusting the size of the tiles again whenever I close steam, any way to keep the tile size change permanent?

madjoki

Two free games:

1.08 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: #840 » [Gleam Reward] The Next Door - 9 of 9 actions required - https://gleam.io/5ZTdq/the-next-door
1.23 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: #841 » [Gleam Reward] Operation Caucasus - 4 of 4 actions required - https://gleam.io/JULJ9/operation-caucasus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom