• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Elliot Quest is a spectacular game, probably the single best realization of the Zelda II idea: a side scrolling action platformer with RPG and overworld elements. It is long, hard, fun, and beautiful to look at. Here's what I said the last time I mentioned it:
Elliot Quest is an excellent game in the vein of Zelda 2, really amazing. I put 20 hours in and still didn't beat all the hidden bosses. On the other hand, there are some minor bugs, controller support is sometimes iffy, and the game has no achievements, no cards, no cloud saves, and doesn't support mac or linux. The developer just released this amazing game and then abandoned it, which is totally the opposite of what you want to do to get sales long-term. I was really disappointed when I played it that almost no one was talking about it, and then I figured out why. It's a pity, because it is honestly extremely good at what it sets out to do.

And from GOTY 2015:
5. Elliot Quest ; Elliot Quest is a love letter to Zelda 2. Absolutely no one has played it, it's got like 5k sales on Steam and didn't attract any attention on Wii U. That's sad because it's a big, huge, wonderful little game that's much better than the game that inspired it. Despite some bugs and a lack of post-release support, Elliot Quest is one of the best little PC indies I've played in years. More people absolutely have to check this out, this is by far the most overlooked game I've played this year. It's hard without being unfair, it's meaty (20 hours for a full playthrough and I didn't beat the secret bosses), and it's just chock full of content. Big thanks to Roboleon who generously gifted this to me resulting in me finding something I otherwise wouldn't have.

The problems with the game are:
- No achievements
- Iffy controller support
- No cloud saves

This patch adds:
- Achievements
- Full controller support
- Cloud saves

This is exactly what the game needs. I have no idea why they're doubling the price given that the game already didn't find an audience despite evident quality. But the game is really, extremely good.

Tizoc

F4674f2.png

All for $97~
Now if I can only actually START TiTS 1 already :V

Way ahead of you.

Banks is one of my favourite SF authors. Between what happened to him and what happened to Terry Pratchett I became more convinced than ever before that the universe hates amazing people. (That's just two of 4 shelves, before you ask why X is missing)

Also, since it's topical in this thread right now:

Glad to see your copy of Anathema is fairly worn!

Aaron D.

TitS 3rd second best selling game on Steam? Third best selling globally? What reality is this?

Yup. Seems like people are paying close attention to this release.

I know it inspired me to pick up Trials FC a couple days ago.

Absolutely loving it so far.

I should give Platinum credit, that "buy missing achievements" feature in Nier is really nice. Sold all trash from my inventory and bought missing achievements, after that extremely annoying and abrupt canceling of all my sidequests progress, i think i can forgive devs for not punishing completionists like me and not forcing to redo all stuff again from scratch. Sorry Nier fans, but I'm not that impressed by Automata story, so i had no desire in doing all sidequest and hunt for intels and rare materials with guide, seems like japanese games are just not for me.

Now, it's time to finally start my first Bayonetta walkthrough!

yuraya

IGN and Game Informer with their Top 100 RPG lists... my god at some of the choices :| hahaha

IGN (Incomplete for now): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1367434
Game Informer: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235501129&postcount=141

90 - Divinity: Original Sin

1403.gif

I don't understand how anyone can play that game and not have it in the top 5 all time great rpgs. At the very least it has to be top 10. IGNs opinion is bottom of the barrel tier trash.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (impliedsignificance, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Quake Champions Beta Key 1 -- MB-92D19EBF35B1BD99 - Taken by ctw0e. 1 entrants total.
Quake Champions Beta Key 2 -- MB-880F9E017CC87C7D - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.

t1493835247z1.png

Redeem: https://account.bethesda.net/en/settings/redeem-code
Closed Beta Test begins May 4th at 10:00AM EDT and runs until May 7th at 4:00PM EDT

Uzzy

Way ahead of you.

Banks is one of my favourite SF authors. Between what happened to him and what happened to Terry Pratchett I became more convinced than ever before that the universe hates amazing people. (That's just two of 4 shelves, before you ask why X is missing)

Also, since it's topical in this thread right now:

It seems that all I have to do is learn to be a computer programming genius and I'd become you. Interesting. I'd recommend you pick up the Imperial Radch trilogy by Ann Leckie, if you don't already have them.

As for Banks, at least we got a beautiful ending to the Culture novels. I cried at the end of The Hydrogen Sonata.

Trails 3rd will be mine next week when I get paid. At least it is #2 in best sellers right now so it gives me hope that sales will hopefully be ok.

Humble takes 70% of xseed sales. It was the dealto get them on the store. Ask JaseC

Perhaps Humble said 70% by mistake and then later on XSEED found out it was much less. However, Tom threw a fit on how changing to a less percentage would be going against what Humble originally "said" and "intended for".

Uzzy

1403.gif

I don't understand how anyone can play that game and not have it in the top 5 all time great rpgs. At the very least it has to be top 10. IGNs opinion is bottom of the barrel tier trash.

I doubt it'd be anywhere high up in my personal list. I greatly enjoyed the combat mechanics of the game, and appreciated the level of variety and systems working with other systems throughout. However, I thought the story was utter trash, along with the setting and characters. That actively put me off completing the game, to be honest.

Guess I'm less like Durante than I thought!

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Clickdraw Clicker -- MB-5622CF0DFCB8B169 - Taken by Hakkelus

Parsnip

Good news about that Elliot Quest update.
I guess I'm somewhat glad now that I waited to play it.

I understand what was going on, I feel dumb now.

I guess I didn't understand why it was randomly mapping Keyboard inputs though? Strange.

I mean it probably should default to a regular gamepad configuration, but I too occasionally see games that seem to use a converted SC configuration instead, which usually means that right stick is mouse movement instead of you know, right stick being right stick and other stuff like that.

Once I change it once per game I don't have problems it not sticking or anything, so I don't mind too much.

Eila

I'm wondering why isn't XSeed selling Steam keys through their own online store.

Chargeback scams I guess. Mangagamer were hit hard by it to the point they stopped offering steam keys, and so were tinybuild games.
By the way, anyone got the posts that describe how to use cheat engine to speed toggle in the Trails games? Probably will make use of it for the 3rd.

Wok

I have finished Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride and it is indeed a nice game. The story is like a grim tale, the animations are funny, and gameplay-wise, it sits somewhere between a HOG and a point-n-click game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom