• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

If retail keys aren't an option, yes, you can still chase down a spare gift copy. Users still have access to the gifts stored in their inventories; they just can't send them via the trade system (or e-mail) any more, only directly to friends. That also means you'll likely have to go first, regardless of whether you're paying with keys or PayPal Bucks, so be careful.

I mean, you CAN do it that way. But you could always pay with paypal or however the trader offers.

It depends on the seller

I see. Thanks, I'll look into what they want.

So I'm have an entire new problem today. I started up Trails in the Sky: First Chapter, and I see that I am controlling 2 cursors at the same time. My normal cursor on monitor 2, and this weird green cursor on the game's monitor. Why is that? Only just happened now.

J3jxrBr.jpg

[edit] Changing my resolution to 1920x1080 from 3840x2160 fixed it.

Ladekabel

Song of the Deep sucks and that makes me sad because it looks lovely. But man, I can't handle the floatiness even if it makes sense since it's a submarine.

Regginator

I kinda already know the answer, but it doesn't hurt to be certain: if you delete a game through Steam, will it also delete the save files? Am I right to think it'll delete local save files, but not the cloud files?

Wok

I kinda already know the answer, but it doesn't hurt to be certain: if you delete a game through Steam, will it also delete the save files? Am I right to think it'll delete local save files, but not the cloud files?

It should delete none.

Teggy

So no Prey reviews yet? I guess it doesn't mean anything but the review embargo system these days is pretty lame.

Finished my first game of the curious expedition on the normal difficulty. I only played the game for 4 hours in total since I got it, so for a rogue-lite I'd say it's pretty accessible.

Aaron D.

Sooo excited to see what the big reveal is.

Devs have gone on record saying it's the final Sandbox update before Story mode is launched sometime down the road. Others have stipulated that it has to be Story mode launch as Hinterland Studio have never done a countdown timer for past updates.

Either way the tears will flow on the respective Steam/Official message boards. Going by a large sentiment on the Steam forum, many are suggesting that Hinterland are committing PR suicide if the countdown timer doesn't end in Story mode launch. Which I find very strange as the dev specifically said it would be the last update to Sandbox mode.

I'm cool either way, as I'll be happy with either. My guess is it will be a nice Sandbox update along with a Story mode launch-date reveal trailer.

Freakin' stoked regardless.

gngf123

Humble

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hacknet -- MB-D0809067CEA04D05 - Taken by oipic. 13 entrants total.
They Bleed Pixels -- MB-29109A5995CB6F78 - Taken by Sarcasm. 8 entrants total.

t1493916959z1.png

Anno

A life size R2D2 robot just pushed open the door to my office, made the sound he makes when it's scared and excited, spun around real quick and ran away chirping. Apparently someone upstairs makes these things for a hobby. Weird day at work.

Arthea

A life size R2D2 robot just pushed open the door to my office, made the sound he makes when it's scared and excited, spun around real quick and ran away chirping. Apparently someone upstairs makes these things for a hobby. Weird day at work.
that's funny
you should make a vid

Can't think of anything worthwhile this might apply to so it's just pointless speculating, but if the cross region gifting restriction is gone then you should be able to get any games that are not listed on your country's store at the cheapest possible price so long as you can find a trader and there is no specific restriction on the game going to your country. Would that be correct?

Arthea

Can't think of anything worthwhile this might apply to so it's just pointless speculating, but if the cross region gifting restriction is gone then you should be able to get any games that are not listed on your country's store at the cheapest possible price so long as you can find a trader and there is no specific restriction on the game going to your country. Would that be correct?

apparently you can't get all games this way, but some, I'd think yes, that's possible

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I imagine the usual regional restrictions on gifts still apply.

Edit: Yeah, they do. Steam just no longer says as much until the purchase confirmation screen:
rimworldrurl99up5.jpg

I imagine the usual regional restrictions on gifts still apply.

Ah, bugger. For some reason I assumed it's now possible to trade between any country so long as the price of the game is within 10% of your country's price.

So why the 10% restriction as well? Are they just trying to reduce any possibility of people making a saving through region shenanigans? Eh, silly question. Everyone would just go to wherever was an extra 10% off.

Dinjoralo

Well... Someone in my class brought a Kermit the Frog, once. I have a picture!

Anno

that's funny
you should make a vid

I'll see if I can track it down. Someone said it broke down a bit later lol.

Been watching this PC Prey stream by Cohh for a bit and everything looks to be running well. Maybe it'll change later but for now it looks like performance should be good.

Amzin

I am kind of hoping the new gifting changes really highlight the absurdity publishers/developers have set on regional pricing and region restrictions and having more restrictive gifting actually leads to better policies towards those countries, but most of the pricing / region restrictions were inexplicable before so I am not THAT hopeful.

MUnited83

For you.
I am kind of hoping the new gifting changes really highlight the absurdity publishers/developers have set on regional pricing and region restrictions and having more restrictive gifting actually leads to better policies towards those countries, but most of the pricing / region restrictions were inexplicable before so I am not THAT hopeful.
Good joke, prices are about to get even worse.

Currently on The Six Bases part of the main quest, and holy fuck the Third Base's boss
Ludope
was a bitch. His mystic attacks would pretty much OHKO my unions, and among his support unions were two mystic ones that would also nearly kill or outright kill my unions. I finally won when I managed to take out those two mystic unions before they were able to wipe my party, while also getting lucky several times by barely surviving other attacks. The first two bases weren't too bad but that one kicked my ass. Onward to the Fourth Base!

Amzin

Good joke, prices are about to get even worse.

Yea. I mean, there's incentive for them to be reasonable, but that rarely has any effect for years.

The grey market stuff was overall more harmful to publishers than piracy so I guess they don't mind pushing people back to just regular piracy :p

Popstar

Apple Jack has just been released on Steam in a bundle containing both games:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/351690/Apple_Jack_12/

I enjoyed the first a lot on Xbox Live Indie Games and never played the second. It's nice to see them on Steam and with a low price to boot.

Can we get Score Rush next?
There's a whole bunch of XBLIG stuff that was on Desura that hasn't made its way to Steam (or Itch) like Platformance and Leave Home I wouldn't mind seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom