• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Alice still has nice hair.
SVrRrF3.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Guys, I think Greenlight may be about to be replaced.

Right now you can't browse any Greenlight games on the Greenlight page and the front page got rid of "Your queue", "Recent", etc. Like it's all been removed.

It might just be busy and not loading, but it's the first time I've seen it like this.

NeoRaider

I detect a hint of bias. ;)

I get that a lot. Avatar and user name i guess.

But in this case it's not even close to being a bias because hair tech in ROTTR (PC) really is impressive and imo. still #1 when it comes to hair tech. I want other developers to do better, and improve things but it still didn't happen.

Bethesda's review """policy""" is so crazy. I can't believe they're still doing it.
It's working for them. They say they wait until release but they just hand them out to YouTubers or whatever that they know they can shmooze free copies with. They don't need standard outlets anymore.

Megasoum

Banned
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??

Civ 6 is on sale on Steam... I bought it in GMG this morning lol... God dammit haha

Oh well, it's only 7$ so not the end of the world but still lol.

ArjanN

You should play Rise of the Tomb Raider. :)

I mean, I knew people would bring up Tomb Raider and Alice once I typed that, but let's be honest most games still have crew cuts/cornrows/bald space marines etc just to avoid having to animate the hair too much.

It's raining space 4X news today:

Stellaris is king, but I still wouldn't mind playing these other space 4Xes. It's a genre I really enjoy for some reason--partially because it was one of the first genres I ever got into when I first started playing PC games (with Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain!).

Dusk Golem

Well, I'll do one shameless plug before Greenlight goes out for good if it is what it looks like. I released a small game on Steam two years ago called Close Your Eyes, which is a free game that was well received. Right now trying to get a little follow-off spin-off through Greenlight, but Greenlight is about to shut down. The game follows a little marshmallow in a horror world, somewhat crude style but with a focus on atmosphere. Stylized something like an ARG or Creepypasta. I'd appreciate if anyone would take a moment to vote for it:

Close Your Eyes Intermission on Greenlight
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=912371754

Dusk Golem

For now it was a false alarm, Greenlight is back up and running again.

BUT, I also don't believe it was 100% false. It reminds me of when Steam sometimes scrubs something for a small window, and within a week a new replacement is introduced. I would bet they were doing some internal things, which is why it was down for a bit. But seems there's still a bit more time until Greenlight goes down for good.

NeoRaider

Because Uzzy mentioned Witchblade and we had quite a few unexpected sequels and revivals recently

Don't play with my heart like that.
I want The Darkness 3 to happen so, so much. Absolutely loved The Darkness 2 and finished it twice. That game is just so good. Gameplay was so satisfying.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Bethesda's review """policy""" is so crazy. I can't believe they're still doing it.

If you plan on releasing games that won't necessarily be 90+ scorers it actually makes a lot of sense.

No review copies from other publishers is often a sign of a bad game. At Bethesda, even the stuff that reviews well doesn't get review copies so nerds who are more influenced by marketing and hype than confluence of opinions will buy it anyway.

Ruruja

For now it was a false alarm, Greenlight is back up and running again.

BUT, I also don't believe it was 100% false. It reminds me of when Steam sometimes scrubs something for a small window, and within a week a new replacement is introduced. I would bet they were doing some internal things, which is why it was down for a bit. But seems there's still a bit more time until Greenlight goes down for good.

They are removing Greenlight and replacing it with Steam Direct. I assumed you knew this?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They are removing Greenlight and replacing it with Steam Direct. I assumed you knew this?

He's aware. The Greenlight section was acting up and he thought Valve may be in the process of flicking the switch on Direct.

Rando
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Minion Masters Blue Golem DLC -- MB-71A9CE67D96C6906

Monooboe

The more I play Fallout Shelter the more I want a more fleshed out game, a "real" game like that. I'm still having fun with it, almost 50 hours but I do miss depth. So much potential, for example longer more involved quests with turn-based RPG combat. Also sending a dweller into the wasteland exploring could be done like those text MUD games or something just add a little bit of complexity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom