• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

kionedrik

Pretty decent new Bundlestars Killer Bundle ($3.99):

It looked really nice at first glance but then I noticed there's 2 multiplayer only games that are basically dead. The other games look good but I guess I'll wait to see what will come out of the monthly tomorrow before I take the plunge.

bede-x

There's a whole bunch of XBLIG stuff that was on Desura that hasn't made its way to Steam (or Itch) like Platformance and Leave Home I wouldn't mind seeing.

Same here and especially now as they'll eventually disappear due to online DRM on the 360 Indie channel. The Platformance games were a fun, if short, little diversion and Leave Home was ok as well.

Used to love following the old Toythatkill threads here on Gaf. Lasercat, the Radiangames and others. Good times.

I think the Soulcaster games are on Steam as well.

Popstar

Same here and especially now as they'll eventually disappear due to online DRM on the 360 Indie channel. The Platformance games were a fun, if short, little diversion and Leave Home was ok as well.

Used to love following the old Toythatkill threads here on Gaf. Lasercat, the Radiangames and others. Good times.

I think the Soulcaster games are on Steam as well.
Yeah, Soulcaster I & II are on Steam and some of the other stuff (like Leave Home and qrth-phyl) was greenlit ages ago but never actually came out.

Thinking about it, what I really want is Miner Dig Deep.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I still can unlock cheevos in offline mode for Prey right? Can't view them while offline.

You should be able to. Technically, games aren't required to support achievements in OM, but those that don't are few and far between.

Edit: Bear in mind that Steam won't reflect your achievement progress until you go back online.

bede-x

Thinking about it, what I really want is Miner Dig Deep.

I enjoyed that as well, but there are so many mining games today that I'm not sure it would hold up. Maybe though, due to the non-violent angle.

Would love to see a sequel with more building options and a deeper mine.

dex3108

So Prey port is good but game kinda looks mediocre and it is kinda half assed because some of the settings that are standard for Arkane games (like FOV slider and HUD Customization) are missing. All in all i will probably wait few months before i buy it and play it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
How is RE4 with the Steam controller? Any configs that make it feel somewhat modern TPS control wise?

it's Prey Day, get hype boiz! 😁

the_Video_Game_Gallery_32564_3840x2160.png

Pretty decent new Bundlestars Killer Bundle ($3.99):

Candle looks great, and Manual Samuel looks interesting too. The rest, well...

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Death by Game Show -- MB-5ECD0A29DB088DB5 - Taken by fspm
Good Robot -- MB-C4EA2B266598B46F - Taken by madjoki
Guardians of Ember -- MB-E4AA60AA2E6579EE - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Livelock -- MB-5072140FBA9243AE - Taken by dot
STANDBY -- MB-9208879B30123BC0 - Taken by longlivegaming
Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 -- MB-E8154441D6621D24 - Taken by dave is ok

Phinor

sounds like it if the only complaints are the hud and fov lol

Well if the FOV is bad (too low, or in some cases too high) and not adjustable, it's automatically a game breaking issue for people who get motion sick because of that. Which in turn means it's going to get slaughtered in Steam reviews even if it's literally the only issue the game has. You just don't release a first person shooter on PC without adjustable FOV unless you magically find the perfect setting for it instead of using whatever you used on console versions.

PantsuJo

There's a whole bunch of XBLIG stuff that was on Desura that hasn't made its way to Steam (or Itch) like Platformance and Leave Home I wouldn't mind seeing.
Man, you reminded me of Desura.

I had only one game on it, Cloudphobia. Bought years ago, it was also on Steam Greenlight for other 4 years (fucking four years). Meanwhile Desura was dead and I jealously saved my copy for backup.

Luckily the Japanese team passed Greenlight few months ago and I had double dipped.

It was the only Japanese exclusive on Desura, holy shit.

Well if the FOV is bad (too low, or in some cases too high) and not adjustable, it's automatically a game breaking issue for people who get motion sick because of that. Which in turn means it's going to get slaughtered in Steam reviews even if it's literally the only issue the game has. You just don't release a first person shooter on PC without adjustable FOV unless you magically find the perfect setting for it instead of using whatever you used on console versions.

if this game gets a ton of complaints then it means Bethesda will ship out patches quicker which is a win/win for everybody 😁

Anteater

but i think it's better than performance issues that are harder to fix, at worst it'll just be like the console version but with good performance

NeoRaider

Is that weird ground dithering effect caused by checkerboard rendering or other reconstruction technique?

I've seen similar stuff in Quantum Break and Killzone: Shadowfall footage.

I guess it's just unfinished, pre-alpha looking game.

Good news is that they are using UE4!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Long Dark will be out of EA on August 1st, complete with story mode.

Cant wait.

Kiru

Wasn't the Star Wars Collection discount much higher yesterday ? Meh, didn't want to buy it anyway...

Vuze

Is that weird ground dithering effect caused by checkerboard rendering or other reconstruction technique?

I've seen similar stuff in Quantum Break and Killzone: Shadowfall footage.
Yeah, this looks familiar to Watch Dogs 2 and QB when using "checkerboard" rendering. Pretty awful.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Origin question (sorry):

I am running my pc at 4k and recently I did something I think by way of an accidental keyboard shortcut that made the text within the origin window and title bar extremely small. I cannot find a way to change it in the settings, anyone have an idea?

Jalal

Origin question (sorry):

I am running my pc at 4k and recently I did something I think by way of an accidental keyboard shortcut that made the text within the origin window and title bar extremely small. I cannot find a way to change it in the settings, anyone have an idea?

Try Ctrl-0 (zero)? It usually resizes text.

Anno

Looks like people with the Civ 6 deluxe edition (so the game and season pass thing) will be getting two additional packs with three new Civs, scenarios and the like as part of the pass.

madjoki

Looks like people with the Civ 6 deluxe edition (so the game and season pass thing) will be getting two additional packs with three new Civs, scenarios and the like as part of the pass.

Awesome. Was extremely disappointment due to lack of content. Too bad there wasn't even one major expansion in pass tho.
Still very jelly about those who got Civ Vi Deluxe free from gamesrepublic promo

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Tales of Symphonia > FF7

IGN list of RPGs was right on something.
Also P3>P5

So far has been way better than Game Informers

if you have a data cap don't waste it on this people. trust me, you're not missing out
I'll disagree! Played it during the last free weekend and immediately splurged on both it and the season pass and had a great 90~ hours with it.

Although admittedly the last DLC of the season pass wasn't really my thing. I could not care less about some team deathmatch mode within that game. Otherwise, I loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom